im getting a lil sick of the wii's graphics ...

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#52 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
As everyone continues to bash out the 3rd party efforts I am reminded of all the times I'm asked to 'support their efforts'.

Every so often you get a game that is worth playing from a 3rd party, but most of the time they slack on the Wii. And the games are multi-ports on every system (usually), which adds to the mentality of why support them on the Wii when the X360 or PS3 equivalent has better graphics and the same controls. Instead of trying to cash in everywhere, they should try to cash in on the Wii. That is the only way we will ever get a 3rd party game worth paying for.

The fact is it is cheaper to just put out 2 editions (HD, PS2+Wii) than design for 3 types of systems (HD, PS2, Wii). 3rd parties mainly want A LOT of money, they aren't in it for the gameplay. I would say it's ok to be in it for the money, but that clearly isn't the case, they are in it for as much money as possible, not just a profit. And until they make something exceptional like Nintendo (or expect an ok price for it) I'll continue to ignore them.
Unkoil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Unkoil666
Member since 2007 • 724 Posts

LOL! Its a DIRECT PORT of House of the Dead 2 & 3. The Devs said flat-out from the beginning that they weren't messing with the graphics. This topic is useless because of the game you chose to use as an example. End of discussion!

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

its a port from the older arcade versions its giving you 2 games plus extra modes for 29.99 what more do you want plus wii can only do 480p and we all know the wii can make great graphics just look at galaxy if you want a 720p system go by a 360 or ps3 dont take a game thats ported from arcade and say look at the bad graphics.Cody-G

He could also Get a Xbox it's 720p and comes with a hard drive. It's 8 years old you could get it for under $100. It also comes with a better graphic card than the Wii which is pretty sad since it's like 8 years old.

hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 hellhund
Member since 2003 • 1984 Posts
I love the fact that this is a direct ARCADE port. If they had tried to pretty it up, they would've put little effort into it and tried charging a full $50. Besides, this is basically a fancy VC game and I love it for that. Think of it as 2 $15 VC games that let you use a light gun.
zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

duh TC, house of the dead is poor effort. Go play metroid prime or RE4. They look much better.razu_gamer

How much different do they really look from their GC versions? I can't see a difference between the two.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#57 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

Why do people want better graphics?? I am satisfied with Gamecube's graphics, its good and the wii is better but 360 and PS3 are way too much

AlSharid
I agree. If you don't like Wii's graphics, don't play it.
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
yeah that games a full port so pointless comparing the graphics when you should compare them with the best graphics on dream cast and xbox to the wii's best graphics. but i do think when they made the machine they should of put in hd 720p+ support at least and put in a banging graphics card like xbox 360 and ps3. imagine what the console would of been like. they could of blew the world away even more.
hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 hellhund

And it would've cost a good chunk more, thus removing part of the appeal of the system.

leevshan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 leevshan
Member since 2005 • 1065 Posts

yeah, so let's put Wii and PS3 in a locked room together, and you might get a near perfect console in ... umm... maybe 9 months? :P

Cheezy-Beezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 Cheezy-Beezy
Member since 2007 • 1329 Posts
i dont mind it graphics arnt really that big of a deal it doesnt make a good game bad
eduardomatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 eduardomatus
Member since 2004 • 38 Posts

Why do people want better graphics?? I am satisfied with Gamecube's graphics, its good and the wii is better but 360 and PS3 are way too much

AlSharid

There is no such thing as way too much graphics.. in technology there should be imporvement, i mean the smash bros melee released around 7 years ago has better graphics than most of Wii games today

Y2Pablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Y2Pablo
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I agree about the developers being lazy. I definitly choose gameplay over graphics and that's why I love the Wii, but I mean, cmon...

No More Heroes would've been a really awesome game if it didn't look like absolute GARBAGE.

I know graphics aren't everything, but you cant deny that it doesn't enhance the gameplay.

We all need to band together and stop buying these garbage games so developers actually start trying a little, or else they're gonna keep screwing up over and we're gonna keep taking it

eduardomatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 eduardomatus
Member since 2004 • 38 Posts

This game isn't intended to have good graphics. There are othe Wii games with good graphics if you want them, or get another console.Thiago26792

I believe his point is that he is disapointed of the graphics in Wii games we are getting because they dont have the quality you would expect from the wi's graphical capabilities in general. We would expect most of wii games to look as good as SMG or SSBB. And for the case of HotD 2&3... i mean seriously who is cosidering to buy this?! not only its old and lame. On rail shooters are lame for home consoles IMO... this game is embarasing...

hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 hellhund
[QUOTE="AlSharid"]

eduardomatus

There is no such thing as way too much graphics.. in technology there should be imporvement, i mean the smash bros melee released around 7 years ago has better graphics than most of Wii games today

Come on, that's just a silly exaggeration. Besides, Melee isn't even very interesting.

hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 hellhund

I agree about the developers being lazy. I definitly choose gameplay over graphics and that's why I love the Wii, but I mean, cmon...

No More Heroes would've been a really awesome game if it didn't look like absolute GARBAGE.

I know graphics aren't everything, but you cant deny that it doesn't enhance the gameplay.

We all need to band together and stop buying these garbage games so developers actually start trying a little, or else they're gonna keep screwing up over and we're gonna keep taking it

Y2Pablo

NMH looked largely like it was supposed to. You might as well criticize the poor writing or the obvious rip-offs of lightsabers.

grim653

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 grim653
Member since 2005 • 440 Posts
well to tell you the truth i am not liking what the wii is taking out right now graphically.. i know the wii can do much more than the crap that is taking out right now thats why i am getting kind of sick of the graphics developers should step it up
hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 hellhund
Yeah, it can do a lot more graphically then the games have required, but it takes time and I expected it too. Most software companies have just begun to admit they dropped the ball by not expecting the Wii to be a success and they're now shifting resources to cash in.
Akush47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Akush47
Member since 2005 • 1611 Posts
well duh!!! wii graphic aren't meant for hardcore gamers/ very good graphic, wii is nothing but a family games. thats why i also own a ps3 where the real gaming is at! cod4 for the win then bf: bad company for the win...
hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 hellhund
Very good graphics and "Hardcore gamers" aren't necessarily linked. Being drawn towards a shiny object doesn't mean you have discerning tastes.
Akush47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Akush47
Member since 2005 • 1611 Posts

Very good graphics and "Hardcore gamers" aren't necessarily linked. Being drawn towards a shiny object doesn't mean you have discerning tastes.hellhund

like fake imitation stuff and the real stuff rite?

I3loo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 I3loo
Member since 2008 • 184 Posts

you dont have to play the wii ya know?

why dont you go buy your self a xbox(which will break in a week) or a ps3. STOP COMPLAINING
hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 hellhund

[QUOTE="hellhund"]Very good graphics and "Hardcore gamers" aren't necessarily linked. Being drawn towards a shiny object doesn't mean you have discerning tastes.Akush47

like fake imitation stuff and the real stuff rite?

Kind of. The reactions people have towards graphically stunning and gameplay poor games is very bitter, whereas lesser games (graphically speaking) with great gameplay that are fun seem to be more satisfying. Unfortunately, the lesser gems tend to suffer from poor sales, while pretty graphics can guarantee a certain level of sales. I suppose I'm a hardcore gamer, considering I usually force myself to beat every game I've bought since I can remember, but it's left me kind of jaded. I had been seeking out the more creative and lesser known games to try and see someone try something original and different. Fortunately, the Wii offers me a different way to interact and its been a revelation. In no way am I a casual gamer, but I need something more than just a pretty "Shoot'N'Duck" game.

stanley2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 stanley2011
Member since 2007 • 530 Posts
Wow another graphics furom. Its just House of the dead what do you exspect. (Its a classic) To clear this up the wii is more powerful than a XBOX and i was fine with XBOX graphics.:D:D:D By the way XBOX never used its full potential so...:D:D