Hyrule Warriors - no one is talking about it??

• 69 results
jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

DLC killed any interest I had in the game. Until developers quit stripping content to sell at a later date I'm not buying they're game day 1. I would like to play this game but I'm waiting until it hits the bargain bin. I have a back log of bargain bin games to hold me over. I will buy Bayonetta 2 though.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I love how Dynasty Warriors was and still kinda is one of the most underapreciated series ever. But once they reskin it with a Nintendo character, suddenly so many like it. Guess what, if it comes to Warriors games, it was just average. Games like Orochi Warriors 3 are better. But I'm sure that OW3 gets bashed because it doesn't have Link in it >__>

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts
@jdc6305 said:

DLC killed any interest I had in the game. Until developers quit stripping content to sell at a later date I'm not buying they're game day 1. I would like to play this game but I'm waiting until it hits the bargain bin. I have a back log of bargain bin games to hold me over. I will buy Bayonetta 2 though.

I'd agree if this game was bare-bones straight from release but even w/o DLC it is stacked with content.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#54 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

@Solaryellow said:
@jdc6305 said:

I'd agree if this game was bare-bones straight from release but even w/o DLC it is stacked with content.

DLC does nothing but hurt the experience. It's content that could have been included to make the game better but they strip it out to sell at a later date. I'm not paying full retail for a game if I'm not getting the full experience.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

You know, for a fact, DLC is stripped from the game? It's never content that is produced at a later date after the game has gone gold or perhaps after feedback is received from those playing the release?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#56  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@Solaryellow said:

You know, for a fact, DLC is stripped from the game? It's never content that is produced at a later date after the game has gone gold or perhaps after feedback is received from those playing the release?

yea...theres is like 80 hours of content or more already without the dlc....dlc will add another 100....

it all depends on how much time you want to invest in the game.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#57 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts
@KBFloYd said:

ive put in 26 hours....i can see myself putting another 20 in with the DLC and stuff....

do you like monster hunter? in many ways they are similar. youll see.

I love Monster Hunter!!

When I got Monster Hunter 3 for the Wii I thought there was a really big chance I would not like it. The grinding, which is one of the things that makes me stay away from JRPGs, seemed a bit too much for me.

Next thing I know, I spent over 100 hours with the game and now I am desperately looking forward to MH4.

Maybe Hyrule Warriors will be the same for me.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44566 Posts

First wave of Hyrule Warriors DLC arrived, downloaded but haven't played yet, ads new storylines to Adventure Mode, makes available Cia, Volga, and Wizzardo, gives link Esponza, and offers a Master Quest map for Legendary mode, also includes another set of hidden skulltulas to earn (20 I think), gives Cia and Lana new costumes.

It only ads 5 new episodes to Adventure Mode but in the long scheme of things, 4 DLC packs, if 5 new episodes a piece (guessing), that's 20 episodes overall for the $19.99 season pass, that's double the Adventure mode part of the game, but if they have their own Legendary Mode maps as well that's gonna be a lot of content for the game.

CrillanK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60  Edited By CrillanK
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts

I started playing with the DLC last night and went through leveling up the badges for the new characters but I still spent most of my time in the Adventure mode trying to unlock the other four characters. I want to unlock Agitha and Zora, dangit! There's still so much to do.

After beating the final mission a 2nd time, I got another 8-bit sword. This time it was much higher damage and had 6 slots! I was like "whaaa?!" That's still on normal mode so I wonder how good the items get on harder modes hehe.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By KBFloYd

@CrillanK said:

I started playing with the DLC last night and went through leveling up the badges for the new characters but I still spent most of my time in the Adventure mode trying to unlock the other four characters. I want to unlock Agitha and Zora, dangit! There's still so much to do.

After beating the final mission a 2nd time, I got another 8-bit sword. This time it was much higher damage and had 6 slots! I was like "whaaa?!" That's still on normal mode so I wonder how good the items get on harder modes hehe.

6 slots? holy moley lol

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By KBFloYd

i just finished using epona for the first time...

OP as a muther...lol

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#63 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Dynasty Warriors is mindless trash.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By KBFloYd

@Shmiity said:

Dynasty Warriors is mindless trash.

mindless? oh hell no...theres tons of strategy, hidden secrets and weapon building elements.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

I'm so disappointed in myself because I haven't been playing lately. I still haven't finished legendary mode. I got to where the paths (levels) split, and did the 2 Link levels. I have to go and do Impa's and Lana's. I did turn it on yesterday to show a friend and I got Cia, Wizzro, and Volga as playable characters. I didn't buy any DLC for this game. Is this free DLC? Or did I miss something?

Did you guys finish legendary before messing with the other modes or do you need items from adventure mode in order to finish the main game?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By KBFloYd

@Grieverr said:

I'm so disappointed in myself because I haven't been playing lately. I still haven't finished legendary mode. I got to where the paths (levels) split, and did the 2 Link levels. I have to go and do Impa's and Lana's. I did turn it on yesterday to show a friend and I got Cia, Wizzro, and Volga as playable characters. I didn't buy any DLC for this game. Is this free DLC? Or did I miss something?

Did you guys finish legendary before messing with the other modes or do you need items from adventure mode in order to finish the main game?

if youre not addicted...then it seems you dont love the game like i do.... maybe you have other games your playing right now that you think are better.

i beat legendary mode without even touching adventure mode.....i had to check for all of the heart container pieces online....but i was able to get the skulltullas on my own.....i played through legendary on normal.

you got the free patch....it gives you 3 new characters....but you wont be ble to level them up properly unless you buy the dlc....

honestly the dlc is worth it for epona alone.....he is amazing you will fly through enemies. its a great feeling.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

if youre not addicted...then it seems you dont love the game like i do....

Well, I don't know know exactly how much you love it :)

But I do, too! It's a great game and I've had lots of fun playing it. It's just a schedule thing.

How are you limited in leveling up the free characters? I didn't see a DLC breakdown for this game. I'm gonna have to check the eshop.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By KBFloYd

@Grieverr said:

@KBFloYd said:

if youre not addicted...then it seems you dont love the game like i do....

Well, I don't know know exactly how much you love it :)

But I do, too! It's a great game and I've had lots of fun playing it. It's just a schedule thing.

How are you limited in leveling up the free characters? I didn't see a DLC breakdown for this game. I'm gonna have to check the eshop.

you cant get any heart containers for the 3 free characters unless you get the new legend mode story line and the master quest adventure map. these are both in the dlc. the new legend mode story tells the tale of cia and what happened to her.

as for leveling up the exp points.... i mean sure... you could use them in free mode or adventure mode...but if you already beat those levels before the dlc came out then it would get boring. the dlc gives you new scenerios specifically for those characters.

csward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#69 csward
Member since 2005 • 2155 Posts

@The-Butcher248 said:

Maybe it's me... but i don't get the game. Never played Dynasty Warriors, but figured it's worth trying.

I hack and slash , and slash, and slash, and seems like everytime i make some progress i have to go back bc more enemies are spawning. For a game that relies so heavily on hack and slash, the combat is just OK. I've played about 1.5 hours and i've seen about as much i as want to of this game. Not sure what about this game merited a 8/9 out of 10 ratings.

It got a 7 on this site, but I don't think I've ever seen a Dynasty Warriors game get above a 7 on this site. I'm probably wrong though considering theirs like 20 variations of the game. The brain-dead enemy AI is what gets me; they stand around waiting to be killed. Also, they don't explain/tell the story well enough to Western audiences imo. Most US schools don't teach Asian history much (other than Japan being in WW2 and chinese inventing gunpowder, building great wall, Genghis Khan invasion), so I thought they missed their chance to really captivate us with the same story they've told for 20 years poorly.

Wild_man_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#70 Wild_man_22
Member since 2010 • 907 Posts

I think it's simply got overshadowed for me by Smash Bros. 3DS, and now Bayonetta 2 is on the horizon. I'm a huge Zelda fan so it is on my radar. It just isn't a priority for me due to the nature of the game. I feel like I already know what the game is. A Dynasty Warriors game designed as a Zelda love letter. I'll eventually get the game, but it's just a low priority with so many other things coming out at the moment.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By KBFloYd

@csward said:

@The-Butcher248 said:

Maybe it's me... but i don't get the game. Never played Dynasty Warriors, but figured it's worth trying.

I hack and slash , and slash, and slash, and seems like everytime i make some progress i have to go back bc more enemies are spawning. For a game that relies so heavily on hack and slash, the combat is just OK. I've played about 1.5 hours and i've seen about as much i as want to of this game. Not sure what about this game merited a 8/9 out of 10 ratings.

It got a 7 on this site, but I don't think I've ever seen a Dynasty Warriors game get above a 7 on this site. I'm probably wrong though considering theirs like 20 variations of the game. The brain-dead enemy AI is what gets me; they stand around waiting to be killed. Also, they don't explain/tell the story well enough to Western audiences imo. Most US schools don't teach Asian history much (other than Japan being in WW2 and chinese inventing gunpowder, building great wall, Genghis Khan invasion), so I thought they missed their chance to really captivate us with the same story they've told for 20 years poorly.

nope it got an 8...best dynasty warriors game ever.

lol