Hyrule Warriors - no one is talking about it??

• 69 results
Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

I'm surprised at the lack of Hyrule Warriors talk in this forum. Did anyone get it?

I did, I think it's awesome! We've all seen the game in action so I won't get into describing it. But the action is constant and there is lots to do. There's lots of content to unlock and craft. I'm really enjoying it.

I'm about six levels in. The hack and slash does not get boring at all. There are lots of combos to keep things interesting. And every enemy besides the grunts have some strategy. So it's not all just "mash the B button". A good variety of enemies have move that knock you back if you try that.

If the Nintendo loyalists didn't buy this, then there's really something wrong with the state of Nintendo gaming. This game is enough of departure to be considered new. It doesn't have "kiddy" graphics. And the adventure mode adds a lot to the game in regards to powering up your characters.

So, anyone get it? What are your thoughts?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@Grieverr said:

If the Nintendo loyalists didn't buy this, then there's really something wrong with the state of Nintendo gaming.

That they don't want crap?

The game is mindless beat'em up with some problems unless you play with someone. Then it's a slideshow of crap.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#3 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I got it, and I'm enjoying it. It's nothing for me to rave about, though. I still have to try the multiplayer functionality, which is the main reason I got it.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

@Grieverr: I bought it at launch. I completly agree with you.

I'm actually shocked that the combat doesn't get too repetitive. The combat actually feels...Satisfying.

The crafting is really cool, the leveling is fantastic, and the characters are awesome! Plus Hyrule Warriors has lots fan service...And I'm not just talking about Cia...(lol)

I haven't even tried the Adventure mode or Challenge Mode yet. I'll finish Legend Mode, (Story Mode), first.

It doesn't have "kiddy" graphics.

lol. The character design, to me, is the opposite of "kiddie". For those wanting a more mature Nintendo game, I reccomend you buy this game.

But seriously, this may be the only Dynasty Warriors game that I actually really like. (Aside from Pirate Warriors) It makes me want to try out the upcoming Samurai Warriors...

Edit: I wonder how we'd feel about this game if it didn't have the "Zelda skin"?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jaysonguy

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

I still have to try the multiplayer functionality, which is the main reason I got it.

Then you got the wrong game

It's completely broken when you do something other than solo

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I love it. Though there's not a whole lot to "talk" about with it. The gameplay is fun but a bit too simplistic, the story is decent but not up to normal Zelda quality, and the soundtrack is outstanding. One of the best things is the shear amount of content. But that's all there is to say.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Grieverr

How are you guys finding the difficulty? I'm playing on normal and have lost a few times already.

My big dilemma is knowing when to go for the mission and when to explore. I'm trying to explore, I'm trying to convert keeps to my color, and I'm trying to get the skulltulas. However, I feel there's not enough time to do it all.

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

I'm never going to pre-order a game and have it shipped again... Maybe in a week i'll get it.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

Because if it didn't have a Zelda skin tacked onto it, no one would even know it existed.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

this is what miiverse was made for...post your thoughts there too :)

best buy hasnt delivered mine.

GH05T-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 1

#11 GH05T-666
Member since 2010 • 1067 Posts

I'm loving it, its great fun! :)

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Grieverr

@KBFloYd said:

this is what miiverse was made for...post your thoughts there too :)

best buy hasnt delivered mine.

I have :)

Hopefully you get it soon, it's good fun.

YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By YearoftheSnake5

@Jaysonguy said:

Uh huh. Sure.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jaysonguy

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

@Jaysonguy said:

Uh huh. Sure.

You're such a Nintendo customer...

"However, the local-only multiplayer mode is a huge disappointment because of very noticeable performance problems. Extending a second player’s perspective to the GamePad means the resolution takes an awful hit, creating jaggy visuals that would look at home on Wii. Even so, things intermittently slow down a lot when lots of enemies join the mix."

"I've gotten full slowdown spurts as lengthy as 30 seconds"

Yup, half a minute of slowdown is exactly how they designed it

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

It's just Dynasty Warriors.

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

I've been jamming this game all weekend on Legend mode and it's pretty much been like this BBBBBBBY BYBYBYBY BYBBYYYBBBYBYBYBB BYBYYBYBBYBYA BBYBYBBYBYBYY

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19551 Posts

@Sphensen: So you've been alternating between dodges and weak attacks? :p

Anyway, the game is great fun, but I've mainly been talking about it on Facebook. Plus it's difficult talk about without spoiling all of the awesome fanservice along the way.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Hyrule Warriors is junk...thats why. It's just crappy Dynasty Warriors with Zelda textures, it insults Zelda, and it still has the incredibly boring and repeptive gameplay that Dynasty Warriors has, smask 100 enemies......now smack 100 enemies again....and again, and again.

YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By YearoftheSnake5

@Jaysonguy:

You're such a Negative Nancy. It's cute.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jaysonguy

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

@Jaysonguy:

You're such a Negative Nancy. It's cute.

So you think reduced performance isn't a negative?

What do you call it then?

YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 YearoftheSnake5

@Jaysonguy said:

So you think reduced performance isn't a negative?

What do you call it then?

A negative, yes. It's an annoyance, but it's far from breaking the game. Aside from the reduced resolution and framerate instability, there seems to be fewer enemies in the field. Despite these drawbacks, I enjoyed multiplayer more than playing alone because I got to coordinate with someone else. By no means is it perfect, nor is it broken. I've played broken games. Turning Point: Fall of Liberty is a broken game. Hyrule Warriors is not.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

Disc locked content or dlc has killed any interest I had in the game. I'm waiting until it hits the bargain bin.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Grieverr

@jdc6305: Yea, I was surprised when I redeemed the code for the OoT outfit and saw that it was 100 kb, which of course meant it was on the disc. So much for Nintendo not being like "the other guys". At least that was free.

ail_taco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#24 ail_taco
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts

i do not want

YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 YearoftheSnake5

@Grieverr: That was both surprising and disappointing. If it's on the damn disc, it should be unlockable through gameplay.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

Still have to get it. Kinda busy at the moment though, and with Smash Bros. 3DS coming out this week...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#27  Edited By deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

First Dynasty Warriors game I've played and I was surprised. I started paying less attention to the, "mindless action" (which to be honest wasn't that bad) and more to the domination aspect where I go around trying to conquer the entire battlefield lol. The battles can be pretty awesome and the story was actually decent. I'm sure if I played more DW games I would start to find more flaws, but for a first experience, it's pretty good.

CrillanK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 CrillanK
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts

@Grieverr said:

I'm surprised at the lack of Hyrule Warriors talk in this forum. Did anyone get it?

I did, I think it's awesome! We've all seen the game in action so I won't get into describing it. But the action is constant and there is lots to do. There's lots of content to unlock and craft. I'm really enjoying it.

I'm about six levels in. The hack and slash does not get boring at all. There are lots of combos to keep things interesting. And every enemy besides the grunts have some strategy. So it's not all just "mash the B button". A good variety of enemies have move that knock you back if you try that.

If the Nintendo loyalists didn't buy this, then there's really something wrong with the state of Nintendo gaming. This game is enough of departure to be considered new. It doesn't have "kiddy" graphics. And the adventure mode adds a lot to the game in regards to powering up your characters.

So, anyone get it? What are your thoughts?

Usually it's because people are actually playing the game and enjoying it that you don't hear anything. It's when something completely sucks that you see tons of people filling up various forums talking about it.

I've personally completed the main story and I've been spending a lot of time replaying the missions and the other modes collecting weapons and materials and trying other characters. It's been nothing but tons of fun for me :)

CrillanK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29  Edited By CrillanK
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts

@Grieverr said:

How are you guys finding the difficulty? I'm playing on normal and have lost a few times already.

My big dilemma is knowing when to go for the mission and when to explore. I'm trying to explore, I'm trying to convert keeps to my color, and I'm trying to get the skulltulas. However, I feel there's not enough time to do it all.

Sounds about how it went for me. Most missions I was able to complete first try and even get the skultula. There was one mission where the skultula appeared before I had access to the area it was in and it disappeared before I gained access. I missed a couple just because I was caught up in the combat and trying to complete the mission. A few missions were trial and error figuring out the best strategy for taking keeps and pursuing the bosses and even some of the bosses killed me a few times.

As you get better weapons, levels and badges, it gets easier obviously. Also, some characters are just better than others in my opinion. Right now, my Link is over 10 levels higher than everyone else just because he's so badass :) And that's after I've spent rupees to level some of them up quickly.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I played the first level. I enjoyed it although I need to learn the controls more and better use my time to complete objectives.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@CrillanK

"As you get better weapons, levels and badges, it gets easier obviously."

Makes me Cry... :(

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

Maybe it's me... but i don't get the game. Never played Dynasty Warriors, but figured it's worth trying.

I hack and slash , and slash, and slash, and seems like everytime i make some progress i have to go back bc more enemies are spawning. For a game that relies so heavily on hack and slash, the combat is just OK. I've played about 1.5 hours and i've seen about as much i as want to of this game. Not sure what about this game merited a 8/9 out of 10 ratings.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KBFloYd

i got mine today....played the first 3 missions of legend mode on normal.

its fun. when i got to the spider boss though i got stuck there like for half an hour. he kept kicking my ass. the deku tree kept dying. i dont get it. how do i stop the deku tree from getting hit? anyway i managed to get a lucky run in and beat him. but im pretty sure i was doing it the wrong way.

another annoying thing about the spider boss is targeting....i never know what im targeting...sometimes i shoot the arrow and it doesnt even go towards the spider. lol

anyway. i love challange.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19551 Posts

@KBFloYd: Every boss has a weakness right out of their original games - usually relating to the item that you pick up in each level. Work out the weaknesses (and when they're vulnerable), and you'll be able to kick their butts pretty quickly.

As for targetting Gohma...are you using the lock on button (L)? It should target bosses by default, unless you shift targets with the right analogue stick.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By KBFloYd

@Planeforger said:

@KBFloYd: Every boss has a weakness right out of their original games - usually relating to the item that you pick up in each level. Work out the weaknesses (and when they're vulnerable), and you'll be able to kick their butts pretty quickly.

As for targetting Gohma...are you using the lock on button (L)? It should target bosses by default, unless you shift targets with the right analogue stick.

yea.. i used L and my arrow would go in an other direction. i think when i targeted him i was a bit too far....but if i got close to him he would shoot that laser across the screen. i couldnt figure out his pattern.

i also didnt have any magic because i had used it by accident before.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Grieverr

@KBFloYd said:

yea.. i used L and my arrow would go in an other direction. i think when i targeted him i was a bit too far....but if i got close to him he would shoot that laser across the screen. i couldnt figure out his pattern.

That was an odd battle for me as well. If you were far from Gohma, chances are you locked in on someone else ( a captain or something). For me, so long as I had Gohma targeted, i didn't have to shoot it directly in it's eye. If it got hit anywhere, it registered. Hitting it with the sword did have to be in the eye, however.

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts

I played the first three levels. Pretty fun if you ask me. :)

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

I got it, and it is lots of fun. I had more fun playing as the various characters than i thought I would.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By KBFloYd

the combat is surprisingly well done. with the bosses. you have to strike at the correct time to wither down their stamina meter. it makes it a bit strategic.

i have been getting away with just using the b button for attacks. i dont even use the y button. i chose zelda controls in the beginning of the game.

each level you have to constantly backtrack and make sure your base ok or see if any bosses are attacking a keep. im playing on normal btw...

this is my first time playing a dynasty warriors game and i love it...but i would only play these games with franchises i love. i wish they did one for metroid and mario.

dragon quest fans are in for a treat next year.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

It's just a meh game to me. Considering this is one of Nintendo's 'biggest' games of the year, that highlights a major problem with owning this system.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
Member since 2014 • 322 Posts

I didn't get it because it seems like it's literally just Dynasty Warriors with Zelda references everywhere. While I love The Legend of Zelda, Dynasty Warriors is super boring, so I avoided that game at all costs.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@HaziqAgha

If there was ever a Tecmo game that could use a Zelda make over.... Its Dead or Alive :)

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Grieverr

@KBFloYd said:

i have been getting away with just using the b button for attacks. i dont even use the y button. i chose zelda controls in the beginning of the game.

i wish they did one for metroid...

You're not using Y? There are some really cool combos using it. They're not very necessary, seeing that you can get by just fine with B, but it adds variety and you can rack up a lot of kills. There are different combos depending how many times you press B before Y. So, there's unique combos for B,Y or B,B,Y or B,B,B,Y etc...

I'm still not understanding how to level things up. I kinda understand fusing weapons. But what about things like weapon drops? Is that something that you add to a weapon? I haven't created one yet becasue I didn't want to use up my items, but at most, my weapons have one slot that's already used. Do I need to fuse that with yet another weapon for more slots?

I can also see a game like this working for Metroid. As is would be fine, with Samus helping out the space marines (or whatever they are). Or maybe add some depth by being able to travel back and forth to levels so that when you get items in one level you can reach new areas in a previous one. Add online multiplayer, of course.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By KBFloYd

@Grieverr said:

@KBFloYd said:

i wish they did one for metroid...

You're not using Y? There are some really cool combos using it. They're not very necessary, seeing that you can get by just fine with B, but it adds variety and you can rack up a lot of kills. There are different combos depending how many times you press B before Y. So, there's unique combos for B,Y or B,B,Y or B,B,B,Y etc...

I'm still not understanding how to level things up. I kinda understand fusing weapons. But what about things like weapon drops? Is that something that you add to a weapon? I haven't created one yet becasue I didn't want to use up my items, but at most, my weapons have one slot that's already used. Do I need to fuse that with yet another weapon for more slots?

I can also see a game like this working for Metroid. As is would be fine, with Samus helping out the space marines (or whatever they are). Or maybe add some depth by being able to travel back and forth to levels so that when you get items in one level you can reach new areas in a previous one. Add online multiplayer, of course.

yea i saw some guy on youtube use one of the y moves...and itss that link to the past dash sword ramming thing.....it looked very cool. but its not anymore powerful than just pressing B.

when you get weapons it might be for a different character than you are using. you can not add slots...the weapon you pick up has to already have open slots.

to fuse a weapon you need one that has an open slot...then you shoose one that has a cool skill as one of its slots and you combine it to make a better weapon. its quite easy....dont worry if you mess up then you just get another open slot weapon and fuse the one you messed up on before with that one.

for link his sword power goes kikori sword>white sword>master sword

sometimes you get a weapon and the slot has an X followed by a number...could be 1000 or 3000.... that means you have to use that weapon in battle and kill that amount of enemies with it and the secret skill will be unlocked. secret skills are the best in the game.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#45 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

I am planning on getting it soon. However, I am not too excited about it.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By KBFloYd

@Pierst179 said:

I am planning on getting it soon. However, I am not too excited about it.

you are bored of dynasty warrior games? have you played a lot of them?

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#47 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts
@KBFloYd said:

It is not that I am bored of them. I haven't played any of them, but - from looking at videos, images, previews, etc - it just doesn't look like a series I would enjoy.

I will give it a try, though. Mostly due to the Zelda coat of paint.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By KBFloYd

@Pierst179 said:
@KBFloYd said:

It is not that I am bored of them. I haven't played any of them, but - from looking at videos, images, previews, etc - it just doesn't look like a series I would enjoy.

I will give it a try, though. Mostly due to the Zelda coat of paint.

ive put in 26 hours....i can see myself putting another 20 in with the DLC and stuff....

do you like monster hunter? in many ways they are similar. youll see.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

I've been playing it since I bought it, definitely a great deal of content here, a great deal more to do in Legend Mode. Finding all the weapons and skulltulas and hearts will leave you playing for hours upon hours, not to mention collecting the materials to attack/defense/support badges, and of course leveling up characters. I don't even know if I'll get it done before they start throwing DLC at this game, I don't know if I'll have enough time.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By KBFloYd

@lamprey263 said:

I've been playing it since I bought it, definitely a great deal of content here, a great deal more to do in Legend Mode. Finding all the weapons and skulltulas and hearts will leave you playing for hours upon hours, not to mention collecting the materials to attack/defense/support badges, and of course leveling up characters. I don't even know if I'll get it done before they start throwing DLC at this game, I don't know if I'll have enough time.

yes i havnt even touched adventure mode...i just beat legend yesterday. got all the skulltulas.