graphics graphics graphics.........

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bobdood99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bobdood99
Member since 2007 • 1862 Posts
do we really need the best graphics? i mean isnt gaming all about just having an awesome time? i used to play golden eye 007 and perfect dark all the time and had a blast playing em....(and i still do) those games were so awesome..... now if there was a way nintendo made a hook up that maybe whent from usb to usb port from the wii into ur computers video card now i would like that..... but im so tired of ppl always saying "the wii has the worst graphics its no fun anymore", but if nintendo ever diecided to make anything that had to do with upgrading the graphics sure i would love it but imo gameplay comes way before graphics.
Keenzach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Keenzach
Member since 2006 • 1210 Posts
graphics arent important to me but nintendos next system needs to be up to par with the others i hate missing out on multiplats because of graphics
movin_target

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 movin_target
Member since 2005 • 3412 Posts
It can't happen.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

It's because a lot of people are confused about what bad graphics actually are.

Bad graphics are not being able to pick out your character on the screen or messing up in a game because you can't see the images correctly.

Very few Wii games suffer from that.

A great majority of games look good and play well, sure they're not as technically proficient as what is offered elsewhere but most devs are able to get past that and do it quite well.

scar-hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 scar-hawk
Member since 2008 • 5404 Posts

graphics arent important to me but nintendos next system needs to be up to par with the others i hate missing out on multiplats because of graphicsKeenzach

I feel the same way :( I don't really care about graphics but I hate missing out on great games like COD4 and many other multi-platform games.

Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
Better graphics than Wii has are just unnessecary, expensive, and a waste of my hard- earned money! :x
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#8 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts
graphics arent the most important feature, but they enhance the experience...people who disagree are just fanboys.
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#9 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

[QUOTE="Keenzach"]graphics arent important to me but nintendos next system needs to be up to par with the others i hate missing out on multiplats because of graphicsscar-hawk

I feel the same way :( I don't really care about graphics but I hate missing out on great games like COD4 and many other multi-platform games.

Yeah. That was a problem I was not expecting when the Wii was announced and when we discovered it would be much weaker than the other consoles. But that is the main problem of having an inferior hardware.

Quadster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#10 Quadster
Member since 2003 • 578 Posts
Actually...this whole graphics thing is purely opinion. I don't personally give a crap about graphics, to me that's a bonus. Artwork makes a game look nice and it's how well presented it is which will make people awe in how pretty it looks. I think in this generation we've taken too much notice in what developers and hardware manufacturers are saying about their games and the hardware graphical abilities their systems have. Now considering how far we've come in processing power and graphical processing power within the last 15 years ( 1993 - 2008 ) I'd say everyone should stop complaining now, about what they're expecting from a system, or a game and start appreciating what we have. I've played a lot of games over the years, some great, some good, and some really bad games (across most platforms BTW) and the great and good games i have had some real fun with...the bad games mind you haven't really had "bad graphics", they've had poor game play. If all these future games have "Super Hyper realistic graphics", then how on earth are you supposed to have a sense of escapism when playing, which might i add....is what a lot of these games are supposed to be about...."Fantasy and Escapism"
machod_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 machod_19
Member since 2007 • 523 Posts

graphics arent important to me but nintendos next system needs to be up to par with the others i hate missing out on multiplats because of graphicsKeenzach

same here, it really pisses me off that we keep on missing good multiplats.

trueanimefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 trueanimefan
Member since 2006 • 88 Posts
do we really need the best graphics? i mean isnt gaming all about just having an awesome time? i used to play golden eye 007 and perfect dark all the time and had a blast playing em....(and i still do) those games were so awesome..... now if there was a way nintendo made a hook up that maybe whent from usb to usb port from the wii into ur computers video card now i would like that..... but im so tired of ppl always saying "the wii has the worst graphics its no fun anymore", but if nintendo ever diecided to make anything that had to do with upgrading the graphics sure i would love it but imo gameplay comes way before graphics.
bobdood99
I agree. However nowadays to most people graphics mean everything, even if the game sucks. To me I believe that good graphics dont really matter to what game system it is, its all about who makes the graphics on the video game look good. Look at brawl, mp3, LoZ tp, there excellent to me.
Cranio3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Cranio3000
Member since 2008 • 276 Posts

graphics are nothing compared to being entertained with Wii. The point is fun games, Wii has them. Who needs better graphics then Wii. It's just unnessecary- and expensive. -although i wouldn't mind better on-line with no lag, that could make wiieven more fun.Jdog30

You're right, first i wanted PS3 because of the graphics, but i already have a PS2 and PSP, and Nintendo, and that's enough for me.

THE OBJECTIVE OF GAMES IS FUN, PEOPLE !!! He's right, graphics's are very EXPENSIVE and unnecessary!!! WAKE UP !!!!

dtno132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 dtno132
Member since 2008 • 1662 Posts

graphics don't make games!

but still....they are s nice edit

wii graphics don't bother me, but I just hate it when people say "teh grafix of the wii sucks, ps3 is way betterz!"

hotreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 hotreat
Member since 2008 • 217 Posts

graphis, good AI, superb online, better online(ps3 xbox 360)

VS.

wii wiggle remote

hotreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hotreat
Member since 2008 • 217 Posts
wii's great to
Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts

graphis, good AI, superb online, better online(ps3 xbox 360)

VS.

wii wiggle remote

hotreat

Why did you list "superb online" and "better online"? Isn't that the same thing twice?
And it's not like all Wii games have bad AI either.

monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts
do we need this thread?
starmetroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 starmetroid
Member since 2007 • 5000 Posts

[QUOTE="Keenzach"]graphics arent important to me but nintendos next system needs to be up to par with the others i hate missing out on multiplats because of graphicsscar-hawk

I'm with you 100%
darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts
What are you talking about graphics mean everything in video games!!!:roll:
wassup432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#21 wassup432
Member since 2007 • 1025 Posts
Graphics aren't important but Nintendo should keep up with the technology...
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#22 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

The thing about the Wii's graphical capabilities is that you can't give a console cutting-edge graphical capabilities without jacking up its price. The fact that the console wasn't as powerful was precisely what allowed Nintendo to sell it at such a cheap price while still making money on every unit sold. If their next console is on par with the other consoles, it will cost as much as the other consoles as well, which will negate one of the Wii's substantial points that give it the mass-marketability that it has. Quite frankly when I see people saying "the Wii should have X, Y, and Z", what they're really asking for is one of the competitors' consoles, which makes me say "well, go out and buy one of the other consoles if you want that".

I can guarantee you that if the Wii had gone down the route of the other guys, we very well might have never gotten games like Zack & Wiki, de Blob, or other similar games - games that truly set the Wii apart from its competition.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
Graphics aren't that big of a deal as long as the capabilites aren't so bad that you miss out on games for the system. I'm not talking about MGS4 and the 30 minutes cut scenes but besides that the next system should be capable of running most games.
wassup432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#24 wassup432
Member since 2007 • 1025 Posts

What are you talking about graphics mean everything in video games!!!:roll:darkmark91

So if there's a game that looks good with only one level in it you'll enjoy the game?

Hyrule-master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Hyrule-master
Member since 2007 • 519 Posts

It's because a lot of people are confused about what bad graphics actually are.

Bad graphics are not being able to pick out your character on the screen or messing up in a game because you can't see the images correctly.

Very few Wii games suffer from that.

A great majority of games look good and play well, sure they're not as technically proficient as what is offered elsewhere but most devs are able to get past that and do it quite well.

Jaysonguy

or they dont push the system at all. I can see why people get mad at the visuals when dev teams make SPider Man 3 for Wii. But when you see something like say SMG or Fatal Frame 4 where they push the hardware people need to be quiet. Wii can looks very very good and some devs are getting that. ALso there are games like Cooking Mama andf many others that may not have good visuals but as you said gets around that.

Avatar image for diamonddigger87
diamonddigger87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 diamonddigger87
Member since 2007 • 63 Posts
I prefer looking at games with great art style like Super Mario Galaxy, Metriod Prime 3, Super Paper Mario and games like that or just games with a lot of color. Even No More Heroes or Zack and Wiki work as well
TheSmitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheSmitto
Member since 2008 • 1898 Posts

graphics arent the most important feature, but they enhance the experience...people who disagree are just fanboys.chex81

Well, there you go.:D

Hyrule-master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Hyrule-master

The thing about the Wii's graphical capabilities is that you can't give a console cutting-edge graphical capabilities without jacking up its price. The fact that the console wasn't as powerful was precisely what allowed Nintendo to sell it at such a cheap price while still making money on every unit sold. If their next console is on par with the other consoles, it will cost as much as the other consoles as well, which will negate one of the Wii's substantial points that give it the mass-marketability that it has. Quite frankly when I see people saying "the Wii should have X, Y, and Z", what they're really asking for is one of the competitors' consoles, which makes me say "well, go out and buy one of the other consoles if you want that".

I can guarantee you that if the Wii had gone down the route of the other guys, we very well might have never gotten games like Zack & Wiki, de Blob, or other similar games - games that truly set the Wii apart from its competition.

GabuEx

Well the iPod is pretty pricey and it can now that it has so much name recognition. I think the successor to the Wii can do the same. Plus things like a HD, harddrive, and some other features will go down in price if handled correctly. I had no problem with lower end visual machine esp when MP3, SMG, and LoZ:TP look the way they do. MY problem comes mainly from third party where they fail to live up to the standards of the GC and Xbox. Seriously I think very few people would even have cared to notice the lack of power in the Wii if multiplat games were not always unecessarily gimped. Seriously, most mutliplat games that were completely thrown the shaft could have been wildly cool and probabaly more worth buying than the next gen versions.

Next generation HAS to be closer to the other consoles. They cant have this gap. not because of some misplaced sense of love for visuals but because thats how most companies are. If they dont see a big enough difference they will simply port last gen tech onto it.

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
Play Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, and watch the Subspace Gunship cutscene in Brawl and you will see the Wii is easily capable of impressive graphics. Now if we could devs pushing the graphical power of the Wii like that...
Hyrule-master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Hyrule-master

Play Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, and watch the Subspace Gunship cutscene in Brawl and you will see the Wii is easily capable of impressive graphics. Now if we could devs pushing the graphical power of the Wii like that...Lord_Omikron666

The cutscene is not a testament to the power of the Wii, but rather the skill of the developer. SSBB in general looks amazingly crisp and detailed with a perfect framerate.

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

[QUOTE="Lord_Omikron666"]Play Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, and watch the Subspace Gunship cutscene in Brawl and you will see the Wii is easily capable of impressive graphics. Now if we could devs pushing the graphical power of the Wii like that...Hyrule-master

The cutscene is not a testament to the power of the Wii, but rather the skill of the developer. SSBB in general looks amazingly crisp and detailed with a perfect framerate.

How is it not a testament to the true power the Wii can push? It proves the Wii is capable, but what it takes is the effort of the developer.
voixco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 voixco
Member since 2008 • 128 Posts
[QUOTE="Hyrule-master"]

[QUOTE="Lord_Omikron666"]Play Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, and watch the Subspace Gunship cutscene in Brawl and you will see the Wii is easily capable of impressive graphics. Now if we could devs pushing the graphical power of the Wii like that...Lord_Omikron666

How is it not a testament to the true power the Wii can push? It proves the Wii is capable, but what it takes is the effort of the developer.

As stated in the gametrailers review, the cutscenes are prerendered CG. Other sites such as IGN also mention that as well.

Dog_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Dog_Dude
Member since 2008 • 32 Posts

totally.

Choseone

Great gameplay with slightly worse graphics

or...

Slightly better gameplay with no story lines and mindless no-fun violence

daviniel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 daviniel
Member since 2006 • 187 Posts
I dont care what any of you is saying, grphics do matter and a lot. Imagine if the gamecube was released with n64 graphics but with wii controls, i wouldve never bought it in the first place. graphics arent as important as gameplay but dont be foolish and keep saying graphics dont matter, they DO.PERIOD.
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts
I disagree with a lot of posts on here, brawl is probably the best over all looking Wii games I have played to be honest but every now and then when it pans out too far it can be hard to see where exactly you are and I own a 50 inch television :| the games do indeed look fine but they are screaming out to be bumped up to HD this generation which most people with HDTV's should agree on. The Wii looks fine until you spend a significant ammount of time with a 360/PS3.
Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
Imagine if the gamecube was released with n64 graphics but with wii controls, daviniel
lol i would of bought it :lol:
zeriva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 zeriva
Member since 2007 • 4531 Posts

We can all agree that graphics don't make the game.

But however, the Wii is a NEXT-GEN CONSOLE. It's not suppose to have similar graphics to the original Xbox...

But, some games do push the Wii to it's limits. Most do not.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
Graphics aren't the most important thing, but I would definitely like to see the hardware I purchased utilized to its fullest potential.
clausnike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 clausnike
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

In fact it think nintendo makes quite good grafik games - but the console gets spammed by games that have been produced too fast. I think almost it seems like nintendo are the only one that make the real good games to the console

Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
Because graphics is always a plus. No doubt. Third party games release their games with good graphics, why not. But, the Wii can't handle them and those games never get to the Wii. And I'm talking about awesome games, I don't need to specify. So, the graphic capability of a console is important, indeed.
Admiral_Yuzika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Admiral_Yuzika
Member since 2006 • 156 Posts

Eh, I prefer to being able to play a game than graphics.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I believe in a set standard, but you don't have to go far as to make something like photorealistic.

poopmasta__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 poopmasta__
Member since 2008 • 76 Posts
I personally don't think graphics matter but look at SW the force unleashed that seems like it has great graphics
-starman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 -starman-
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts

for me, it comes down to this: I'm not gonna pay over $400 for a new console. it's as simple as that. if the Xbox 360 and the PS3 have cutting edge graphics, it's because they have a price to match, and while i can afford either one, i'm not supporting that level of gouging.

i got the Wii because I got a complete system, with games and an extra controller for less than $400. and if the graphics are a little less than perfect, that's fine by me. i've enjoyed almost every game i've played, and now have access to the entire GameCube catalogue to boot.

i think anyone who bought a Wii knew what they were getting, graphically, and complaining about it after the fact seems kinda silly.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

True graphics don't matter as much as they used to but some of these wii games look like PS2 games from 2001. No that is not acceptable. Also the reason why the Wii doesn't get a lot of multiplats is more than because of graphics. Yes that is a good part of it no doubt, but it also because of the storage space as well. You can't just downgrade graphics and port over. I see a lot of complaints about why isn't X game coming to wii when all they have to do is downgrade the graphics. Games are programmed to run a certain way at a certain level. When you have 2 systems that are equal to each other it makes more sense to put a game out for those systems, than to spend money on those versions and then have to rebuild engine specifically for one system. A systems power also comes into play with how many of something can fit on screen at a time and physics as well. How things react when touch them in the game also come in to play. Nintendo Chose a different path and now they have to live with it and so do the rest of the people who refuse to pay X amount of money to play games.

I am not saying that to be an A** but don't whine because a game isn't coming to system you refuse to partake in. That is the worst thing about this generation I hate the most. Every game needs to come out on every system because people are too stubborn to either own multiple systems or are complete fanboys and sit there and say but if it was done on X system it could have had this and that instead of the way it is. If you want to play 360 or PS3 games how about stepping up and actually owning one or both of those. I own all 3 and don't have a complaint. No I am not rich, I just spaced out the time I bought each one. If you saved up 250 to get a wii I am sure you can save up another 150 to get one of the others.

Hyrule-master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Hyrule-master
[QUOTE="Hyrule-master"]

[QUOTE="Lord_Omikron666"]Play Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, and watch the Subspace Gunship cutscene in Brawl and you will see the Wii is easily capable of impressive graphics. Now if we could devs pushing the graphical power of the Wii like that...Lord_Omikron666

because thats a CUTSCENE not in game. DO i really need to explain that?

Durhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 Durhamster
Member since 2007 • 859 Posts
Graphics don't mean jack to me so long the gameplay is good. If a game has great gameplay and the graphics turn out to be good well then thats just a nice little bonus for me, nothing more. I'm not visually vain like many gamers these days, who will play a game with realistic graphics and bad gameplay but claim it's the best thing ever in an attempt to justify the 60 dollars they wasted :P
nubystubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 nubystubs
Member since 2007 • 48 Posts
True, graphics aren't as important as gameplay, but when you have a situation where one system has graphics capabilities not on par with the other major systems out there, then 3rd party devs will be more reluctant to port a "downgraded" version for that system. I do believe that is what is happening with the Wii, and it stinks. No game = No gameplay. Looks to me that gameplay is being affected.
bobdood99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 bobdood99
Member since 2007 • 1862 Posts

im sick of all these blind nintendo fans, i used to love nintendo, but they have dissapointed me to new levels

the wii is pathetic, very very pathetic, they only thing about it that is cool is virtual console, and they have pretty much given up on that too

they have let us all down, over and over.

nintendo knows the wii was a mistake, thats why they are already working on the next system.

period.

abbeyroad516
wow u honestly know nothing about the wii.... so according to u the wii is the number one selling system because it was one big mistake? i think ur the mistake buddy
Km0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Km0n
Member since 2008 • 337 Posts
when i play a game i care about how that game is played and/or how fun it is, not the graphics. If i want to see wonderful graphics i can always just rent a movie then i can ooooo and ahhhhhh about how it looks lol