graphics graphics graphics.........

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

voixco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 voixco
Member since 2008 • 128 Posts

It's a good thing that so many Wii owners don't care about graphics, because a lot of Wii developers don't care either.:P

That's not a jab at the Wii, only the lazy developers.

gotaylor88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 gotaylor88
Member since 2008 • 61 Posts

i dont think that will happen...nice idea through

kettle11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 kettle11
Member since 2007 • 30 Posts

It's a good thing that so many Wii owners don't care about graphics, because a lot of Wii developers don't care either.:P

That's not a jab at the Wii, only the lazy developers.

voixco

I second this. Look at Resident Evil 4, and Twilight Princess. Both are essentially GC games, and yet both have some of the best graphics on the Wii. Super Mario Galaxy seems to be a true demonstration of the Wii's ability. If the efforts put into Galaxy's graphics were applied to a different genre, there could be some truly impressive results.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#55 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
I can see the Nintendo Wii overheating because it can't handle the goodness of the 360. :PSimsfreak14
i can see the 360 overheating because it can't handle the goodness of the 360 >_>
kettle11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 kettle11
Member since 2007 • 30 Posts

Video game design is shifting in a new direction. Often games are cinematic and fun to watch as much as they are fun to play. The games are playing more like movies are watched. They are even using techniques that movies use to draw you more into the atmosphere, and presentation.

In the past all the elements of a game that seem crucial today, were not important. The story was only there so you felt like you had a purpose. Today the story in many games is designed to have you actually understand the world, and to invoke emotion. Likewise, graphics are designed so that the world can feel real, deep, and provide a more cinematic experience. Games are not only "games" now, they are actually trying to make you think and become immersed in the world. As games evolve we may start to see more are more of these titles.

Examples to think about:

Traditional games: Halo 3(Story isn't important, environment is mostly simple, graphics are "oh look, that's neat"), Super Mario Galaxy(The graphics could be lousy, and this would still be great fun)

Cinematic Games: Call of Duty 4(Would you really care about the story that much if it didn't feel like you were actually fighting in the war alongside your friends?) Bioshock(A very creepy atmosphere, it wouldn't be nearly as creepy if the environments weren't so detailed, and realistic seeming)

In summary, graphics aren't all that important on a system like the Wii, but some of the new "cinematic" games won't be coming to it anytime soon.

Edit: I meant to mention Okami here. Okami is game that needs graphics to convey its feel, and yet its on the Wii!

monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts

[QUOTE="bobdood99"][QUOTE="abbeyroad516"]

im sick of all these blind nintendo fans, i used to love nintendo, but they have dissapointed me to new levels

the wii is pathetic, very very pathetic, they only thing about it that is cool is virtual console, and they have pretty much given up on that too

they have let us all down, over and over.

nintendo knows the wii was a mistake, thats why they are already working on the next system.

period.

abbeyroad516

wow u honestly know nothing about the wii.... so according to u the wii is the number one selling system because it was one big mistake? i think ur the mistake buddy

acually i bought a wii a year and a half ago, so before you make that assumption soley based on my contridicting opinion, i think you should not be another, blind nintendo fan. anyways, the wii is the number one selling system because nintendo advertised to a larger group of consumers, the family. the advantages of that are, they can reach out to people who arent gamers, and im pretty sure that was their intentions (which is a slap in the face to loyal nitendo fans byfar), and with a big name like nintendo, they are sure to be successful. and you know what i think is REALLY cheap. nintendo makes the wii, 250$ which makes every parent or grandparent prefer it to the 360 and ps3 prices, but what you get jipped on, is the fact that there is, no dvd player, the internal memory is half a gig, very limited online action, the wii game cases are so flimsy i cant believe it. the wii is just a weak system, and nintendo knows it. i honestly feel nintendo has pretty much given up this generation on making core gamers happy. AND THEN they are ridiculous about shipping the wii's out, they took limited supply for increase in demand to a whole new level, which make the wii have this "rare" aspect about it, when all it really is, is them purposely limiting the supply, call that good marketing if you want, but i think its downright stupid. the only mistake here, buddy, is you thinking im a mistake for realizing that nintedo doesnt give a s**t about us loyal fans who have been playing nintedo games since NES.

lol...

1) learn to use paragraphs

2) you think microsoft gives a crap about "core gamers", or sony? Do you think they would have resisted going casual if they had noticed the gap in the market before nintendo? None of them give a rats ass, and telling yourself otherwise is deluded crazy talk, they're business' and nothin more.

3) The "core games" are still coming, why? because the still sell well, even to casuals. More Third parties are taking notice of wii, and are pushing the core games too, nintendo just don't wanna do another Zelda styled delay and leave people wanting stuff that never makes it to the final game.

4) your a bitter little man

monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 monty_4256

its funny how you guys defend nintendo like a mother cup to her baby cubs.

nintendo wii is the worse nintendo system.

minus virtual boy, because i KNOW one of you will attack me with that one

abbeyroad516

I find it funnier how your more "out to get it", like seriously if you don't like it that much don't go on a flipping forum!

monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 monty_4256

oh yeah, i forgot, these forums are only for fanboys who love the wii

i forgot i couldnt have a contridicting opinion.

abbeyroad516

at least we're not on forums of systems we hate. Like come on, I can think of at least 10 better things to do than that

abbeyroad516

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67 abbeyroad516
Member since 2006 • 89 Posts

im just mad becuase i personally feel cheated out of an awesome nintendo system.

bobdood99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 bobdood99
Member since 2007 • 1862 Posts

[QUOTE="bobdood99"][QUOTE="abbeyroad516"]

im sick of all these blind nintendo fans, i used to love nintendo, but they have dissapointed me to new levels

the wii is pathetic, very very pathetic, they only thing about it that is cool is virtual console, and they have pretty much given up on that too

they have let us all down, over and over.

nintendo knows the wii was a mistake, thats why they are already working on the next system.

period.

abbeyroad516

wow u honestly know nothing about the wii.... so according to u the wii is the number one selling system because it was one big mistake? i think ur the mistake buddy

acually i bought a wii a year and a half ago, so before you make that assumption soley based on my contridicting opinion, i think you should not be another, blind nintendo fan. anyways, the wii is the number one selling system because nintendo advertised to a larger group of consumers, the family. the advantages of that are, they can reach out to people who arent gamers, and im pretty sure that was their intentions (which is a slap in the face to loyal nitendo fans byfar), and with a big name like nintendo, they are sure to be successful. and you know what i think is REALLY cheap. nintendo makes the wii, 250$ which makes every parent or grandparent prefer it to the 360 and ps3 prices, but what you get jipped on, is the fact that there is, no dvd player, the internal memory is half a gig, very limited online action, the wii game cases are so flimsy i cant believe it. the wii is just a weak system, and nintendo knows it. i honestly feel nintendo has pretty much given up this generation on making core gamers happy. AND THEN they are ridiculous about shipping the wii's out, they took limited supply for increase in demand to a whole new level, which make the wii have this "rare" aspect about it, when all it really is, is them purposely limiting the supply, call that good marketing if you want, but i think its downright stupid. the only mistake here, buddy, is you thinking im a mistake for realizing that nintedo doesnt give a s**t about us loyal fans who have been playing nintedo games since NES.

why would nintendo put a dvd player into it? its pointless i am about 100% aure that every american house hold has at least one dvd player so theres no point...and secondly $250 is affordable im not someone who goes and puts donw $400 thats way too much for a system
jackwillkillu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 jackwillkillu
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Graphics are important to moving forward in video game tech. Don't get me wrong some of my favorite games have crappy graphics like fallout 2 or deus ex. But thats what they are: crappy graphics. I do have a wii and i like some of the games on it: zelda and mario galaxy, but i also have a xbox360, ps3 and PC. (Unless you work full time at McDonalds its really not that much to spend.)

motion remotes do advance our move toward a full VR gaming environment but we also need pixel perfect realism.

The bottom line is releasing a current gen console with sub-par last gen performance and graphics is inexcusable, and seriously hurts nintendo's legitimacy as any thing more than a gaming novelty or a passing fad. The wii is like the pog or the 8track player of the gaming world.

GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#70 GamerBoy53
Member since 2008 • 2666 Posts
They're nice but I don't see why all these fanboy's keep saying "The Wii is crap becuz its grafics are aweful". Graphics aren't everything people. For example: Loads of people considered Brawl to be awesome yet it's graphics can't match up to something like BioShock or MGS4. They are just a way to make things LOOK better. It doesn't always make the game itself better.
abbeyroad516

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 abbeyroad516

i dont think people say the wii is only awful for its graphics, i think they hate it for

its blatent aim towards kids

GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts
Agree'd... minus the terrible spelling >_>.
king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#73 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
PS3 + Wii= great combination
AndYOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#74 AndYOU
Member since 2005 • 6712 Posts
Graphics aren't the most important thing, althoough they are an important factor. I hope Nintnedo's next console is more up to par with the competition on graphics
Packt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Packt
Member since 2004 • 3380 Posts
Gameplay is more important to me than technically proficient graphics. There are some 16-bit games that, in terms of artistic design, are among my favorite looking games. There's no denying that graphics are very important, and do enrich the experience. However, the Wii is no where near limited in it's capability to act as a graphical vessel for a game designers artistic design, it just needs to be done thoughtfully.
livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 livinitup01
Member since 2004 • 1245 Posts
Graphics don't matter that much to me, I just like polished, smooth graphics with a fun game. I can play NES and SNES games but sometimes I find it hard to play some PS1 and N64 games just because of the lack of polygons on the figures. Maybe it's because of the 3D graphical quality I'm used to these days. I hope I'm not the only one. That's just me though.
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#77 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts
I would be happy enough with the Wii's graphics IF every game was on par with say MP3. now iv been hitting MGS4 ALOT lately but im still impressed by MP3 when i fire it up. On the ps3 or 360 even when i devloper does not put alot into the graphics the game still looks good. in most case's. but with a system Thats as weak as the Wii there is just not nearly as much room for error. bad looking games on the Wii REALY look bad. And realy there is no good excusse for it. its old last gen tech that from what i have read is very much like working with the GC's hardwear so devlopers should not have to tough of a time getting the most out of the system. I dont know if its just pure lazy on the part of the dev's or if thay truly think that if you buy a Wii that MUST mean you dont care about how the games look.
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#78 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts
Graphics don't matter that much to me, I just like polished, smooth graphics with a fun game. I can play NES and SNES games but sometimes I find it hard to play some PS1 and N64 games just because of the lack of polygons on the figures. Maybe it's because of the 3D graphical quality I'm used to these days. I hope I'm not the only one. That's just me though.livinitup01
im kind of the same way. i dont mind simple graphics but only if there is like you said some polished work. better AA and textures. thats what i hated about RE4. while the moddles had a high polly count and there was alot of objects it was just so jaggie and blurry. at least in much of the game. Maby thats what i like so much about MP3's graphics, every thing looks like it has polish and a little extra AA over other games.
eklineage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 eklineage
Member since 2008 • 2413 Posts
if I was worried about graphics, I would have missed out on some great gaming experiences. Alot off mmorpgs dont have top notch graphics but I still play them. Ppl who don't come to gaming sites dont care about the visuals. They only care about the gameplay. Well this is assuming the visuals are satisfactory (being able to define objects on the screen and not mistaking it for something else)
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#80 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

I'm not mad Nintendo chose to do what they did. I completely understand it.

The thing that gets my panties n a bunch is the lazy ass third party dev's. I don't expect ever single game to push the limits of a system, even if it's on the PS3/360. But there's no reason better hardware can't be pushed to produce games that look even on par with RE4,RE0,GoW1-2,TP,WW (if you prefer celshade), Rogue Squadron series, MP 1-2, etc, etc, etc.

Even Luigi's Mansion looks better than half of the half assed Wii games. Nintendo always pushes it's main games to the limits, but with it being far more inexpensive to dev for...I can't begin to understand why others don't to compare with the above mentioned.

bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts
I'm no graphics whore or anything but I'm just tired of seeing Wii games that look like 1st generation Playstation titles...
Mario2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#83 Mario2007
Member since 2005 • 2520 Posts
abbeyroad, you are my hero. Seriously
BrooklynHotBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 BrooklynHotBoy
Member since 2003 • 818 Posts

they matter to me. it's called detail. if a developer actually is able to put as much detail into the graphics as possible then it means they worked hard on their art which means they deserve my money.

the wii's graphics process is booty but you can hack out some good graphics like in MP3 but overall nintendo doesnt really try and gives us a bunch of shovelware and recycled games so other devs seem to not care either and just follow suit.

abbeyroad516

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 abbeyroad516

abbeyroad, you are my hero. Seriously Mario2007

XD thanks dude, more people should think like us
WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

Its true that the gameplay is highly important in a game, the Wii has proven that, but the only thing that is sacrificing is gettin games that are coming out only for the PS3 and 360, Nintendo put themselves in their own league, but at the same time they could be shadowing themselves from games that could of been on the Wii also like COD4, RE5, and many others.

Regardless of this though I love the Wii, its a great system and I know it will deliver.

iceldc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 iceldc
Member since 2005 • 328 Posts

come on guy's the wii can do amazing graphic's i mean wot's wrong with this?

Super Mario Galaxy Screenshot

goheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 goheat
Member since 2003 • 803 Posts

they matter to me. it's called detail. if a developer actually is able to put as much detail into the graphics as possible then it means they worked hard on their art which means they deserve my money.

the wii's graphics process is booty but you can hack out some good graphics like in MP3 but overall nintendo doesnt really try and gives us a bunch of shovelware and recycled games so other devs seem to not care either and just follow suit.

BrooklynHotBoy

Frankly, NINTENDO really doesn't produce all the crap games and ports from PS2 with no improvements. The bigger issue is the 3rd party developers who have yet to take full advantage of the Wii's capabilities. Granted, the system won't produce PS3/XBox360 graphics, but clearly it has more potential than most games out there. It took years for the PS2 games to really take advantage of its graphics as well...

Alley-Cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Alley-Cat
Member since 2008 • 383 Posts
If the game is good, I'll hardly notice the graphics. Good graphics are nice, but definately not neccessary.