first cod4: modern warfare wii screens

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Checari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Checari
Member since 2009 • 35 Posts

link

doesnt look to bad me thinks :O

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

I would assume it runs at 60 fps based on the quality of those screens.

da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
what I dont understand about this...is they said Wii cant handle this game when it came out. Nothign has changed with Wii, and now we going to get it. I'm sick of this stuff. I wont be getting it, even though i still play it on my PC just because i'm not going to give them my money. GIVE US REAL GAMES, NOT PORTS!
mkDSpro63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4 mkDSpro63
Member since 2006 • 781 Posts

I'll wait till' for clip. Screenshots always tend to look iffy, but I agree with poster two posts above me. It better 60 at fps.

snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 snover2009
Member since 2008 • 1730 Posts

What angers me the most is that they are releasing it now, they should of done this in 2007, releasing it similtaneously with the other versions.

We should be getting Modern Warfare 2, not this. Is there a problem with making a exclusive COD game for Wii?

Checari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Checari
Member since 2009 • 35 Posts

What angers me the most is that they are releasing it now, they should of done this in 2007, releasing it similtaneously with the other versions.

We should be getting Modern Warfare 2, not this. Is there a problem with making a exclusive COD game for Wii?

snover2009

thats what ive been thinking since the announcement to

r_gam3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 r_gam3
Member since 2008 • 1185 Posts

psn8214
:lol: They better make it 60fps i mean this looks worse than world at war, i mean look at the textures!!!!
r_gam3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 r_gam3
Member since 2008 • 1185 Posts

snover2009
apparently it is. ts too hard for them to make an exclusive engine for the Wii. And after putting COD4 engine on Wii, its hard for them to put MW2 on Wii. This industry is a joke sometimes.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

It looks okay.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Wow, those look terrible.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#11 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts
As I said in numerous threads on this. Gameplay matters most. I'm not saying make a graphically bad game, I'm saying gameplay matters more than graphics.
Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts
As I said in numerous threads on this. Gameplay matters most. I'm not saying make a graphically bad game, I'm saying gameplay matters more than graphics.nintendoboy16
too bad gameplay will be inferior to the other 2 versions before it anyway. >___>
Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#13 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
I'm not a FPS fan, but they look pretty good for me. Again, I don't think a "fast" FPS requires too much detail as you spend most of the time running and shooting, like in Timesplitters, none of the games had a good graphical level, but all of the were great ata what they were supposed to do
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 haziqonfire
As I said in numerous threads on this. Gameplay matters most. I'm not saying make a graphically bad game, I'm saying gameplay matters more than graphics.nintendoboy16
We've already seen games that look great for the platform - Games like Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 - Something like this, that looks like an EARLY PS2 title is totally unacceptable and just further proves this is a money grab by 'huge and ugly monster' Activision.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nintendoboy16
[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]As I said in numerous threads on this. Gameplay matters most. I'm not saying make a graphically bad game, I'm saying gameplay matters more than graphics.Sonick54
too bad gameplay will be inferior to the other 2 versions before it anyway. >___>

Unless if the controls suck, why will that matter?
Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#16 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]As I said in numerous threads on this. Gameplay matters most. I'm not saying make a graphically bad game, I'm saying gameplay matters more than graphics.Sonick54

Why are you assuming this? to begin with, with the use of the wiimote is easy to have a enhanced experience, nor a lowered one. I don't see your point at all as there are already several shooters working even online, as many gamers consider that so important
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]As I said in numerous threads on this. Gameplay matters most. I'm not saying make a graphically bad game, I'm saying gameplay matters more than graphics.Haziqonfire
We've already seen games that look great for the platform - Games like Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 - Something like this, that looks like an EARLY PS2 title is totally unacceptable and just further proves this is a money grab by 'huge and ugly monster' Activision.

I wasn't talking on the graphics importance, I was talking on how gameplay is more important. Sure, shove Mario Galaxy's graphics in my face, but graphics don't matter as much as gameplay does.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 haziqonfire

wasn't talking on the graphics importance, I was talking on how gameplay is more important. Sure, shove Mario Galaxy's graphics in my face, but graphics don't matter as much as gameplay does.

nintendoboy16

Thats true, they don't matter that much - but there is a certain standard that visuals have to live up to every generation - This just looks bad for what we've already seen done on the Wii.

And in terms of gameplay, if it works well fine - but besides that if they don't have key gameplay features like the other platforms, it'll be worse. I doubt the online will be as enjoyable as it was on the other platforms.

And as for controls - you might say the Wiimote is better but in the end its a preference thing. Most people have come to the point where they are comfortable with a Wiimote, Keyboard/Mouse or Analog set up, so they can play with any set up with ease. Its just up to them as to what they 'prefer'

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

Looks exactly what I expected from them.

Terrible.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nintendoboy16
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] wasn't talking on the graphics importance, I was talking on how gameplay is more important. Sure, shove Mario Galaxy's graphics in my face, but graphics don't matter as much as gameplay does.

Thats true, they don't matter that much - but there is a certain standard that visuals have to live up to every generation - This just looks bad for what we've already seen done on the Wii.

And in terms of gameplay, if it works well fine - but besides that if they don't have key gameplay features like the other platforms, it'll be worse. I doubt the online will be as enjoyable as it was on the other platforms.

And as for controls - you might say the Wiimote is better but in the end its a preference thing. Most people have come to the point where they are comfortable with a Wiimote, Keyboard/Mouse or Analog set up, so they can play with any set up with ease. Its just up to them as to what they 'prefer'

I actually do think that it's a preferance thing for controls. I played shooters with a mouse and keyboard, analog, and Wii mote. So it depends on the person.
Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts
[QUOTE="Sonick54"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]As I said in numerous threads on this. Gameplay matters most. I'm not saying make a graphically bad game, I'm saying gameplay matters more than graphics.enrique_marrodz

Why are you assuming this? to begin with, with the use of the wiimote is easy to have a enhanced experience, nor a lowered one. I don't see your point at all as there are already several shooters working even online, as many gamers consider that so important

I'd honestly rather take a good online system than wiimote controls. I'm really not gonna hold my breath for them to explain how online will work. It's not as if the analog controls were terrible on the other consoles either as well. like hazi said, it's a matter of preference at this point. Pointing at the screen with the wiimote won't suddenly make me enjoy this port more than it's 360 counterpart. .
JebranRush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JebranRush
Member since 2009 • 1401 Posts
Wow, looks even worse than I thought.
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

They look fine to me. They will probably look better in motion.

Everyone in system wars thought they were terrible, but that's what system wars is. A ton of Wii bashers. Lmao.

MasterC5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MasterC5
Member since 2006 • 2932 Posts

uh...

a gamecube cod game is arguably better looking, I wouldn't buy this guys.

MasterC5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MasterC5

Everyone in system wars thought they were terrible, but that's what system wars is. A ton of Wii bashers. Lmao.

awssk8er716

No, they just really look terrible.

tom95b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 tom95b
Member since 2008 • 4999 Posts

Those are ugly... I think I will pass on this game.

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TaMuK711

awssk8er716

Even Wii fans are bashing this one, it's not asystem warsthing. MW actually makes The Conduit look good. It's pathetic.

Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts
Absolutely abysmal.
Lord_Nas3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lord_Nas3k
Member since 2006 • 1492 Posts

A port of a sup-par game that already came out on the other systems 2 years ago.

How awful it looks(and will most likely be) is not surprising.

Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

I definitely agree with the sentiment that the game should have been released in 2007 but honestly to get this game on the Wii with the superior controller even now I'm very excited for. I can't friggin wait and the screens have me super excited still so bring it on! If the online is as good or better than World at War's then this will keep me busy for ages!

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts
Low res and jaggy looking..... stupendous work there Activision! If graphics are the only thing gimped I might actually pic this up if it has a $30 or less price tag, if not there are far more Wii games coming out that I know are better.
BanjoMumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#33 BanjoMumbo
Member since 2009 • 512 Posts

I can't wait to see how this games holds up on the Wii, pretty hyped for it's release.

Ubeyone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 Ubeyone
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

uh...

a gamecube cod game is arguably better looking, I wouldn't buy this guys.

MasterC5

I lol'd. jeez this is so true what is wrong with a company spending more than 2 months on a game thats already been delayed by nearly 3 years. When I first heard of this i was immediately excited but now it looks like an obvious money grab.

alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts

psn8214
Way to look at the bright side.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

I think my SNES has more rendering power than that. How poor.

FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#37 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts
[QUOTE="r_gam3"][QUOTE="psn8214"]

:lol: They better make it 60fps i mean this looks worse than world at war, i mean look at the textures!!!!

u say this looks worse then World at War Wii? World at War WIi sucks.
FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FPS1337

I don't get what so bad about it. Everyone thought world at War Wii looked fine and this is definetly better then world at war wii.

these two screens up top look great. an e ven these 2 look okay.

snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 snover2009
Member since 2008 • 1730 Posts

[QUOTE="awssk8er716"]

TaMuK711

Even Wii fans are bashing this one, it's not asystem warsthing. MW actually makes The Conduit look good. It's pathetic.

What kinda argument is that, the only game that exceeds the Conduit in visuals is Mario Galaxy.

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TaMuK711

[QUOTE="TaMuK711"]

[QUOTE="awssk8er716"]

snover2009

What kinda argument is that, the only game that exceeds the Conduit in visuals is Mario Galaxy.

LOL, right :lol:

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

I definitely agree with the sentiment that the game should have been released in 2007 but honestly to get this game on the Wii with the superior controller even now I'm very excited for. I can't friggin wait and the screens have me super excited still so bring it on! If the online is as good or better than World at War's then this will keep me busy for ages!

Darth-Samus
The problem is if games like this find critical success and games like Madworld and De Blob and No More Heroes continue to fail, what message does that send? Supporting a game that was supposedly impossible on the Wii 2 years after is going to do nothing to make the current 3rd party situation any better.(Not to PG for you gamespot right?)
TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TaMuK711

[QUOTE="TaMuK711"]

[QUOTE="snover2009"]

FPS1337

If you say the conduit has bad visuals then ur an idiot. The one thing every review I saw including gamespot's said the conduit's visual were great. I have all three systems and it compares to halo 3's visuals.

The Conduit has good techincal properties, but it is by no means good visually. Graphics are about a lot more than just how much shiney you can fit into a screen, design and art count for a LOT.

So no, I'm not an idiot, I just don't have blinders on.

FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FPS1337
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was a huge hit for Infinity Ward in 2007, and even though it's been nearly two years since its release, the game continues to dominate the online gameplay charts. Its appeal is so enduring, in fact, that developer Treyarch is going to bring the game to the Wii this November. As we found out in Cologne, there have been relatively few compromises necessary to bring the game to Nintendo's console, while there's even a few new features exclusive to the platform. First up, it's worth mentioning that the single player game is exactly the same on the Wii as it was on the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. Sadly, it's so faithful to the original that there's not even a new Wii-specific level in the game--it's exactly the same as it was before. Thankfully though, this faithful reproduction also extends to the multiplayer side of the game, with all the same game modes such as Search & Destroy, Domination and Freefall all included, and all playable online. The only difference is that the player count has been reduced to 10 players, although this is still up from the eight players that Treyarch managed in Call of Duty: World at War on the Wii. Thankfully, there are also some features specific to the Wii version. Obviously, the control system is quite different, but like other recent Wii FPS The Conduit, the controls are completely customisable. There are plenty of preset control schemes that are set up for different levels of skill, but you can also tweak these as much as you want and save them as your own. Then there's the the squadmate mode, which allows a second player to drop into the game for co-op play. The second player uses the Wii Zapper peripheral or the Wii remote, and plays the game like an on-rails shooter, taking out enemies that the main player may have missed. Finally, the game also uses an upgraded version of the engine that has powered previous Call of Duty games on the Wii. Most notably, the textures are of a higher resolution than ever before, while the particle effects such as explosions have also been improved. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will arrive on the Wii in November 2009, and we hope to bring you a first hands-on soon. Info article from gamespot. Also a few sources say this... - - gamescom version is "almost beta" - nothing taken down from the original version, everything included: every multiplayer map, every multi mode, all the original IA in single mode, all campaign mode from PS360 - DLC not included. Neither Wii Speak/Motionplus. - Keep evolving Treyarchs engine is one of the ports reasons. Graphic improvements in some textures resolution, general performance, new particle effects. (It looks pretty similar to WaW to me ATM). 30 fps. - WaW connections numbers on Wii over any expectation, complete surprise and one of the reasons for this game/multi - online improvements: now up to 10 players, host migration and possibility to invite connected friends - team is similar to WaWs: from 25 to 30 people - IWs role: giving engine code last year, MW code now and some supervision - control: everything is configurable, ala Conduit. Smoother and better. All parameters, new scope setting. Up to 6 presets: from greenhorn to insane; - squad mate mode is back. Zapper also compatible with single player - CG/VA/sound effects/ OST from PS360. - no camera allowed, more stuff soon. Full featured online modes so ground war I guess. 5vs5 instead of 4vs4. This game seems great.
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Wow...those look worse than WaW. And only 10 players online?

MasterC5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MasterC5

[QUOTE="TaMuK711"]

[QUOTE="snover2009"]

FPS1337

If you say the conduit has bad visuals then ur an idiot. The one thing every review I saw including gamespot's said the conduit's visual were great. I have all three systems and it compares to halo 3's visuals.

You saw that youtube video with the horrible halo 3 shots didn't you?

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
it's as awfully bad as i predicted.  seriously, wtf >_>
FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 FPS1337
[QUOTE="MasterC5"]

[QUOTE="FPS1337"][QUOTE="TaMuK711"]

You saw that youtube video with the horrible halo 3 shots didn't you?

no I own halo 3 and conduit. lol good try though.
FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FPS1337
it's as awfully bad as i predicted.  seriously, wtf >_>BrunoBRS
that screenshot's ugly, but the helicopter screenshots weren't bad.
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

[QUOTE="TaMuK711"]

[QUOTE="snover2009"]

FPS1337

If you say the conduit has bad visuals then ur an idiot. The one thing every review I saw including gamespot's said the conduit's visual were great.

GS bashed The Conduit in the artistic department, enought to earn it the Busted Graphics, Artistic emblem. If you are gonna troll and insult people, at least make it look less obvious, jeez.:?

Also, this game looks fairly rough, so far...