first cod4: modern warfare wii screens

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 0

#51 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
I am not impressed with those screenshots, but ultimately what will kill this game is the fact it's already been out for two years
FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#52 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts
[QUOTE="FFCYAN"]

[QUOTE="FPS1337"][QUOTE="TaMuK711"]

LOL, right :lol:

If you say the conduit has bad visuals then ur an idiot. The one thing every review I saw including gamespot's said the conduit's visual were great.

GS bashed The Conduit in the artistic department, enought to earn it the Busted Graphics, Artistic emblem. If you are gonna troll and insult people, at least make it look less obvious, jeez.:?

Also, this game looks fairly rough, so far...

Read the top under The Goods Great controls Technically impressive VISUALS. Noticed i said visuals and I never found that quote you said. http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/theconduit/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;read-review read it again and make sure you read The goods. lol if ur gonna bash something try making it less obvious.
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

[QUOTE="FFCYAN"]

[QUOTE="FPS1337"] If you say the conduit has bad visuals then ur an idiot. The one thing every review I saw including gamespot's said the conduit's visual were great. FPS1337

GS bashed The Conduit in the artistic department, enought to earn it the Busted Graphics, Artistic emblem. If you are gonna troll and insult people, at least make it look less obvious, jeez.:?

Read the top under The Goods Great controls Technically impressive VISUALS. Noticed i said visuals and I never found that quote you said. http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/theconduit/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;read-review read it again and make sure you read The goods. lol if ur gonna bash something try making it less obvious.

You might want to look at theright where GS talks about the bad, along with various "emblems" awarded to what The Conduit does really right and really wrong.

Here is a few words from the ACTUAL REVIEW:

"As fine as The Conduit performs technically, the lousy art makes it an eyesore at times. The levels blend together because they all have the same drab color scheme and no memorable landmarks. The enemies could have been ripped from any number of science fiction stories and are based on an unimaginative insect design that would be impossible to pick out of a lineup. It's a shame the art direction couldn't have matched the impressive technology because what could have"

Technically, The Conduit is good. Artistically, it's ugly as sin. Technical graphics on the Wii are not anything great because the other systems do them better. However, games that look great artistically can "look" better or comparable to the PS3/360 because great art design has no hardware limitations.

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts

What angers me the most is that they are releasing it now, they should of done this in 2007, releasing it similtaneously with the other versions.

We should be getting Modern Warfare 2, not this. Is there a problem with making a exclusive COD game for Wii?

snover2009
They are probably targeting the Wii only owner who has not had the chance to play it yet. If it does good they'll release the MW2.
FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 FPS1337
These graphics aren't that bad for a pre-beta. Treyarch said they are not done with graphical improvements.
FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 FPS1337
[QUOTE="LINKloco"][QUOTE="snover2009"]

What angers me the most is that they are releasing it now, they should of done this in 2007, releasing it similtaneously with the other versions.

We should be getting Modern Warfare 2, not this. Is there a problem with making a exclusive COD game for Wii?

They are probably targeting the Wii only owner who has not had the chance to play it yet. If it does good they'll release the MW2.

Infinityward is helping treyarch actually. They gave treyarch the engine code and are supervising the engines performance, so Infinityward might make Modern Warfare 3 or something on Wii if it does well.
kbiizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 kbiizzle
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
if anybody needs a call of duty waw Wii clan with great purpose and qaulity, meet me and my clan mates at swclan1.tk or shockclan.forumotion.com see you guys there
CanadianEh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 CanadianEh
Member since 2002 • 7173 Posts
I don't think it looks so bad. Compared to the PS3 or 360, everything looks bad. What I can tell you about CoD4 is that the gameplay is fast, frantic, and pretty damn intense. I won't buy it since I own the PS3 version, but if you haven't yet played it, I compel you to give it a shot. It's a great experience, even if it should last a little longer than it does.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#59 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]it's as awfully bad as i predicted.  seriously, wtf >_>FPS1337
that screenshot's ugly, but the helicopter screenshots weren't bad.

i thought the same... until i saw the palm trees, the sand (i suppose that's sand) and the choppers themselves. then you realize it's as ugly as the others...

still, i gotta admit that dust (probably caused by a missile explosion) looked good... well it didnt suck like the rest of the pic.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#60 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

[QUOTE="FPS1337"][QUOTE="FFCYAN"]GS bashed The Conduit in the artistic department, enought to earn it the Busted Graphics, Artistic emblem. If you are gonna troll and insult people, at least make it look less obvious, jeez.:?

FFCYAN

You might want to look at theright where GS talks about the bad, along with various "emblems" awarded to what The Conduit does really right and really wrong.

Here is a few words from the ACTUAL REVIEW:

"As fine as The Conduit performs technically, the lousy art makes it an eyesore at times. The levels blend together because they all have the same drab color scheme and no memorable landmarks. The enemies could have been ripped from any number of science fiction stories and are based on an unimaginative insect design that would be impossible to pick out of a lineup. It's a shame the art direction couldn't have matched the impressive technology because what could have"

Technically, The Conduit is good. Artistically, it's ugly as sin. Technical graphics on the Wii are not anything great because the other systems do them better. However, games that look great artistically can "look" better or comparable to the PS3/360 because great art design has no hardware limitations.

let me put it an easy way: the conduit has awesome explosions and lighting effects, but the textures are ugly (ugly as in "goldeneye 64 did better, and i dont even like the game"). the "terrible art" referred in the review means that all the levels are generic, grey-ish and boring to look at.

KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61 KillerJuan77
Member since 2007 • 3823 Posts

They can do better than that.

jessmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#62 jessmaster13
Member since 2009 • 3170 Posts

I'd need to see a gameplay video before I decide whether the graphpics are ok or terrible

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts

I'd need to see a gameplay video before I decide whether the graphpics are ok or terrible

jessmaster13
same here.Honestly, its looking very good for a pre alpha.Stop the inquisition and the "lets search desperately the worst looking screenshot and compare to the best possible screenshot of a gc game". Seriously.Sure its not looking perfect, but for a pre alpha is expected.I need motion to judge like any honest player(not a screenshot hunter). As i said before the details were announced, theres improvement over the succesful WAW: 2 extra online players. Improvement. this is from activision - Treyarch has kept optimizing the CoD4 engine and is one of the reasons for the port. Graphical improvements in some texture resolution, general performance, new particle effects. Runs at 30 fps like Call of Duty: World at War.Thank you. -AS i predicted: THE DLC is included. -All gameplay features included from PC version .No cuts like waw. So its a better game than waw ,but it came 2 years later. But i rather get a GOOD game later than a chopped up port now.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#64 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

same here.Honestly, its looking very good for a pre alpha.Stop the inquisition and the "lets search desperately the worst looking screenshot and compare to the best possible screenshot of a gc game". Seriously.Sure its not looking perfect, but for a pre alpha is expected.I need motion to judge like any honest player(not a screenshot hunter). As i said before the details were announced, theres improvement over the succesful WAW: 2 extra online players. Improvement. this is from activision - Treyarch has kept optimizing the CoD4 engine and is one of the reasons for the port. Graphical improvements in some texture resolution, general performance, new particle effects. Runs at 30 fps like Call of Duty: World at War.Thank you. -AS i predicted: THE DLC is included. -All gameplay features included from PC version .No cuts like waw. So its a better game than waw ,but it came 2 years later. But i rather get a GOOD game later than a chopped up port now.intro94

It looks worse than most GameCube and PS2 games - how is that a good thing?

And the reason why Modern Warfare looked as good as it did on other platforms is because it runs silky smooth in 60 FPS, much like Metroid Prime 3.

This runs in 30FPS.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 intro94
no haziq.dont make me search for ps2 and gc random screenshots.I know i will find mostly horrid samples that look much worse than this.
Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#66 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

no haziq.dont make me search for ps2 and gc random screenshots.I know i will find mostly horrid samples that look much worse than this.intro94

Really? I'm pretty sure I could find screenshots of GCN and [maybe, no, probably] PS2 games that make this "effort" look like junk. For a game that was marveled for its design on the other systems, this Wii installment looks horrible. There's no excuse for this. None. The fact that there are even those who are defending this game for one reason or another baffles me. Not only is it two years late, but it doesn't look like much is being done to make this game stand out from the pack. Well, unless they want it to stand out by looking absolutely horrendous...

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 haziqonfire

no haziq.dont make me search for ps2 and gc random screenshots.I know i will find mostly horrid samples that look much worse than this.intro94

A lot of gamecube games look better than this ... Even older COD games on the GameCube look better.

Thats COD on a PSP ... which looks better and less bland then the Wii game.

http://image.gamespotcdn.com/gamespot/images/2005/047/920624_20050217_790screen004.jpg

TimeSplitters 3 for the GameCube, looks better than MW Wii.

Compared to something like Red Steel 2 and Metroid Prime 3 - this looks like crap.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 intro94

Time splitters 3?please dont talk like if i didnt play that(and every other game you mentioned) millions of times,gameplay of those games have terrible graphics even against WAW.Specially Timesplitters .To add insult to injury, i have a PSP and even COD3 for wii has better drawing distance than the PSP game.Red steel 2,maybe,thats a whole different beast of a different generation.Time splitter 3 and RS2 in the same sentence?ridiculous. Seriously, all the reviews (even gamespot),went on to mentionthe satisfactory graphics of WAW. If you really think the graphics were that bad and worse than last gen, dont you think it would have worth a mention INSTEAD of saying they looked good?.If MW looks better than WAW, is even harder to make those statements have sense and we would conclude that 90 percent of gaming critics are fans of the the wii.Something i honestly find hard to agree.As i said, dont try to do the screenshots war.I said i dont care about searching the worst and the best sc of each game to make a newer game look worse(at least gameplay vidoes make sense, but screenshots?), based on the hate for a company or something.Specially when i played all those games myself for a long time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
Member since 2009 • 2436 Posts

Those pictures look like a gamecube game, but apparently its beta so I shouldn't be too quick to judge. The only thing that interests me in this is my hopes for additional content in the single player because I couldn't care less about the multiplayer since this games coming out around the same time as MW2 for my 360.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 haziqonfire

Those pictures look like a gamecube game, but apparently its beta so I shouldn't be too quick to judge. The only thing that interests me in this is my hopes for additional content in the single player because I couldn't care less about the multiplayer since this games coming out around the same time as MW2 for my 360.

ColdP1zza
Its in beta, um, the game comes out in three months versus a game like The Conduit which had almost a year to improve visuals. I dont see how anyone can defend this game - Visuals are poor, its in 'pre-alpha', its due out in November, it has almost no new additions to the game besides that crappy zapper 2P thing which is pointless in a game like Modern Warfare because the Single Player is designed for.. well, one person, on most occasions, it also runs in 30FPS as opposed to 60FPS and activision thought of bringing it to the Wii after WaW's sales - basically its an after thought. All signs point to "this will be bad".