Are You Bothered That The Wii Doesnt Get Most Multiplats?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

UnrealSin_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 UnrealSin_X
Member since 2008 • 925 Posts
Call of duty 4 for example, or Battlefield and much more

Are you bothered by this at all?
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Nope. Most of the Wii game's I want won't ever be found on the PS3/360.
Picklechugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Picklechugger
Member since 2004 • 1465 Posts
No. The question is do the other console owners get bothered by the fact that they don't get all of the Wii's awesome games.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

No. The question is do the other console owners get bothered by the fact that they don't get all of the Wii's awesome games.Picklechugger

Nah i have an xbox 360 and wii so i'm in heaven :P.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
No, the only great wii games are the ones with it built in mind. Multi-plats never are and so will always be the inferior version. The only time wii gets a good multi-plat is when it really isn't. It's when devs split off a different team and build something just for wii like pro evo or force unleashed.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

No, the only great wii games are the ones with it built in mind. Multi-plats never are and so will always be the inferior version. The only time wii gets a good multi-plat is when it really isn't. It's when devs split off a different team and build something just for wii like pro evo or force unleashed.goblaa

So you explain Madden, Raving Rabbids, and MLB Power Pros how exactly?

pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 pjacobson21
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts
First off, the xbox and ps3 get all the multiplats becuas they are basically long lost twin bothers. The have comparable graphics and the controller is the exact same (only difference is the d-pad and left analog stick are switched) so its natural that games made for xbox can be put on ps3 with no problems (and vice versa). Developers cant just make a game and then just decide to put it on the wii. Its so different from the other systems and so much about the game has to be changed. So it doesn't bother me that the wii doesn't get the multiplats because chances are it would turn out differently on the wii. And like someone said earleir, does it bother the ps3/xbox owners that they miss out on the best games ever created?
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#8 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts
Most of the multi-platform games are ones I don't care that much about anyways, like Grand Theft Auto and Call of Doody.
felix19194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 felix19194
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts
i agree... for example tak MoH Vanguard.. gamespot despised it for the jerky controls but still it was a great game and had a nice multiplayer setting or MoH Heroes also great games. so if they could do this with MoH wy the heck not with CoD.... it would be nice to see more shooters in the wii and also some decent soccer game like PES 2008 for the wii. Of course they got revolutionary controls and all the crap my god the graphics of Fifa 08 were so horrible i felt like puking so they need to make some imprivments fo rthe wii like more HD games.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

[QUOTE="goblaa"]No, the only great wii games are the ones with it built in mind. Multi-plats never are and so will always be the inferior version. The only time wii gets a good multi-plat is when it really isn't. It's when devs split off a different team and build something just for wii like pro evo or force unleashed.Jaysonguy

The same way I would explain pro evo and force unleashed. They got special wii teams to work on them.Maybe you should had read my post more clearly.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

Are you bothered by this at all?
UnrealSin_X

No, I knew what I was buying when I got my Wii and I don't regret it.

felix19194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 felix19194
alone in the dark is another example... in the ps3 pc and xbox they have astounding graphics... but on the wii they have motion snsor wat feels more good that opening your jacket... lol of course the graphical quality was greatly reduced but who cares as long as you got motion sensor......
felix19194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 felix19194
last example is the godfather blackhand... yea sure the other versions got graphical quality and all the crap but in blackhand you got more interactivity than with a dyldo for crissakes.. and loads of other improvements... so sometimes we get better others they get better lol
x_SuperMario_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 x_SuperMario_x
Member since 2008 • 1665 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="goblaa"]No, the only great wii games are the ones with it built in mind. Multi-plats never are and so will always be the inferior version. The only time wii gets a good multi-plat is when it really isn't. It's when devs split off a different team and build something just for wii like pro evo or force unleashed.goblaa

The same way I would explain pro evo and force unleashed. They got special wii teams to work on them.Maybe you should had read my post more clearly.

Woahh buddy.

MLB Power Pros. is a direct port, same devs and all.

Yet, it's exactly the same!!!

Crazy, right?

x_SuperMario_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 x_SuperMario_x
Member since 2008 • 1665 Posts

Nope. Most of the Wii game's I want won't ever be found on the PS3/360.Haziqonfire

This.

klidron02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 klidron02
Member since 2008 • 454 Posts
No. For the main reason is this; if the 360 and PS3 get a really, and I mean REALLY, bad game that the Wii doesn't have, it only brings down those two consoles.
Virus214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Virus214
Member since 2007 • 2052 Posts

Doesn't bother me one single bit. cause i know that if i want to play it enough, i will find a way to do so. i have friends with the consoles. so... yea

Avatar image for POkemonfreak101
POkemonfreak101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18 POkemonfreak101
Member since 2005 • 455 Posts
im only bothered that we didnt get cod4 and wont get soul caliber 4. i loved soul caliber 2 on the gamecube
Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
No because I'd much rather play those games on my ps3. I wouldn't want a version with worse graphics, stripped features, poor online, and tact on controls. Some games may be an exception (like The Force Unleashed) and if the controls truly make a difference than it would be another story. But like I said, for the most part, I wouldn't want multiplats like GTA4, Soul Calibur 4, and Assassin's Creed on the Wii.
Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
Nope, I'm not laying awake at night over it. The Wii has the best exclusives anyway
stkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 stkr
Member since 2006 • 6118 Posts
I'm more bothered by the fact that most Wii games seem to be shovelware. The Wii needs quality control, or just better games in general to balance everything out.
Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
I'm more bothered by the fact that most Wii games seem to be utter garbage. The Wii needs quality control, or just better games in general to balance everything out.stkr

All you need to do is avoid the shovelware. Easy enough right?
stkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 stkr
Member since 2006 • 6118 Posts

[QUOTE="stkr"]I'm more bothered by the fact that most Wii games seem to be utter garbage. The Wii needs quality control, or just better games in general to balance everything out.Lord_Omikron666

All you need to do is avoid the shovelware. Easy enough right?

I have avoided it. That's why all of the games that I've purchased for my Wii are by Nintendo. All three of them. The other six are by other developers and I never play them (I didn't buy them either, my brother did).

Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts
am I bothered that I wont play any uber watered-down ports or see the new 50 cent game, nah
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
Not at all. I'd rather not get inferior, watered-down ports. I want originality. I bought the Wii because it was different than the other consoles.
fraz1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 fraz1776
Member since 2006 • 2269 Posts
Yes, but I just bought a 360 this week so I should get to play most games now.
jjr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jjr10
Member since 2005 • 5880 Posts

Yes it annoys me.

But hey, its not gonna work on this system, so what can ya do.

DudesDontDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DudesDontDude
Member since 2008 • 65 Posts
Not really, considering I also own a PS3. Would it bother me if I didn't own a PS3? Very much so.
solidslush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 solidslush
Member since 2004 • 60 Posts

No because I'd much rather play those games on my ps3. I wouldn't want a version with worse graphics, stripped features, poor online, and tact on controls. Some games may be an exception (like The Force Unleashed) and if the controls truly make a difference than it would be another story. But like I said, for the most part, I wouldn't want multiplats like GTA4, Soul Calibur 4, and Assassin's Creed on the Wii.Lyphe2k

Did you get lost? This is the Wii boards, just incase you were lost.

bigLLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bigLLL
Member since 2005 • 3688 Posts

Nah I have a ps3 and 360 so.....The reason why I got a Wii is for it's exclusives

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts
I have failed to be impressed by any multiplats on the Wii really, well that isn't strictly true actually but I seem to find the 360 version better. Wii games just work better built from the ground up, and ofcourse certain multiplats go that route and are a lot better for it.
hazbazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hazbazz
Member since 2005 • 7709 Posts
No, I have a 360 for those games. I bought the Wii for Nintendo games
pro_gamer12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 pro_gamer12345
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts
No. If there are exclusives for the WII they are the best out of the other 2 consoles.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#34 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
alone in the dark is another example... in the ps3 pc and xbox they have astounding graphics... but on the wii they have motion snsor wat feels more good that opening your jacket... lol of course the graphical quality was greatly reduced but who cares as long as you got motion sensor......felix19194

I rented Alone In The Dark for Wii .. its .. very, bad.

Godfather is a different story, that game is amazing on the Wii.
Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

[QUOTE="Lyphe2k"]No because I'd much rather play those games on my ps3. I wouldn't want a version with worse graphics, stripped features, poor online, and tact on controls. Some games may be an exception (like The Force Unleashed) and if the controls truly make a difference than it would be another story. But like I said, for the most part, I wouldn't want multiplats like GTA4, Soul Calibur 4, and Assassin's Creed on the Wii.solidslush

Did you get lost? This is the Wii boards, just incase you were lost.

Thank you, captain obvious, I'll take note of that. But um, last I checked, I own a Nintendo Wii so I am entitled to post just as much as anyone here who owns one as well.

Oh and please don't get all pissed at my post. I backed my answer up with a solid reason so I wasn't just going all off. If you came in here expecting every single post to be "oh yeah I wouldn't cuz I love the Wii and all of its glorious exclusives!!!" then you had another thing coming.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
No because there is a reason for this. Most of the big multiplats, GTA4, RE5, CoD4 started development like just after Wii came out or even before it did, so they were hardly going to start making a Wii version from scratch because they wouldn't be able to do it. With the multiplats coming out at the end of this year though, most of them are coming out on the Wii, and I'd be very surprised if by next Christmas almost all the big multiplats aren't on Wii.
Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
I wouldn't mind getting a watered down verison of GTA4 on the Wii if my bro didn't have a 360. other than that i don't mind at all that the wii isn't geting some multiplat games
felix19194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 felix19194

[QUOTE="felix19194"]alone in the dark is another example... in the ps3 pc and xbox they have astounding graphics... but on the wii they have motion snsor wat feels more good that opening your jacket... lol of course the graphical quality was greatly reduced but who cares as long as you got motion sensor......Haziqonfire

I rented Alone In The Dark for Wii .. its .. very, bad.

Godfather is a different story, that game is amazing on the Wii.

yea alone in the dark is a bad game... but when you think about it it is very innovative in all consoles... and as wii has the motion sensor you can have loads of interactivity makin it better than the other versions...

And also the godfather was a really great game they should make more like it for the wii

DiaperRash89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DiaperRash89
Member since 2008 • 371 Posts
Its not a huge problem for me because I also have my own PC. I think other consoles should be jealous because they don't get the amazing first party titles that Nintendo is oh so famous for. But I personally would like to see more multi plats to also come to the Wii, it would be nice for a change :-)
vnc20100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 vnc20100
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts

No not really because we are getting exclusives like:
Little King
Tales of Symphonia 2
Arc Rise Fantasia
FFCC: crystal bearer
Monster Hunter 3
Mad World
Skate it
Star wars the clone wars
de Blob
Deadly creature
The Conduit
Fragile
The All play brand from EA
Harvest moon: tree of peace
Rune Factory Frontier
Tenchu 4
Spyborg

*all these games are 3rd parties*

There are also good multiplatorms coming out
Guitar Hero world tour (it will not be a strip down version)
Force Unleashed (great visuals, great controls, more stages)
Call of duty world at war
Sonic unleashed

I don't understand your complain really

Zeppy007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Zeppy007
Member since 2008 • 558 Posts

No because if I want to play those games I could just get it for my 360

Avatar image for themagicbum9720
themagicbum9720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 themagicbum9720
Member since 2007 • 6536 Posts
nope. the wii games i want, arent on the other consoles, and i also have a gaming pc, so i wont miss out on some games.
Mr-Gingersnaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 Mr-Gingersnaps
Member since 2007 • 578 Posts
sometimes when there is a kick ass game and its not 4 the wii.
felix19194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 felix19194

Its not a huge problem for me because I also have my own PC. I think other consoles should be jealous because they don't get the amazing first party titles that Nintendo is oh so famous for. But I personally would like to see more multi plats to also come to the Wii, it would be nice for a change :-)DiaperRash89

even tho you own a PC there are loads of problems with it ... yea ok maybe your PC has all the graphical crap and things to meet the requirements of some games.. but wat bout the da ppl that dont have it and dont own an xbox or PS3... yea just go buy one... wat Im sayin is that it would be nice as you said to see games like COD Grand Theft Auto MGS and all of those.

hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hellhund
Member since 2003 • 1984 Posts
No, it doesn't bother me. I think everyone should shoot for two gaming devices to get a good variety of games. For me, this generation its PC and Wii. It offers a great cross-section of games, although not all of them. But short of having all systems, that's never a reality. Besides, a person can only play so many games with the time available to them.
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

the only games i want for the wii are GTA4,MGS4 and Banjo kart

Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Pices
Member since 2005 • 3910 Posts

the only games i want for the wii are GTA4,MGS4 and Banjo kart

JuarN18

MGS4 and RE5 . I mean come on , all resident evil sequels (RE0 , 1 , 2 , 3 and 4) were on a nintendo console so why can't they just make this one for the wii .It won't matter if the graphics are worse , but at least make the graphics the same (or better if possible) as RE4 . As for MGS4 , Kojima did mention about the game moving to other platforms in an interview .

dirktu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#50 dirktu
Member since 2005 • 717 Posts

(...)

*all these games are 3rd parties*

There are also good multiplatorms coming out
Guitar Hero world tour (it will not be a strip down version)
Force Unleashed (great visuals, great controls, more stages)
Call of duty world at war
Sonic unleashed

I don't understand your complain really

vnc20100

I don't know about the Force Unleashed. I saw some gameplay videos on IGN, and though the physics aren't badly done on the Wii the graphics look kinda boring and simple to me... I mean, when I watched that video I immediately thought that Jedi Outcast was better-looking on my old-school Voodoo 3 system (it's too long ago to be sure though), so it's not clear to me why the game can't be made to look better...