Any Success with Streetpass yet?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fred1712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 fred1712
Member since 2005 • 1220 Posts

I haven't gone out much with the 3DS yet so no luck for me...yet. Living in a small town + Streetpass = failure.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

I haven't gone out much with the 3DS yet so no luck for me...yet. Living in a small town + Streetpass = failure.

fred1712
I have carried it in my pocket to go to the grocery store and stuff like that to get some coins. I rarely run into many people let alone people with a 3ds on them. I highly doubt I will ever get to use it except maybe if I goto the mall or a gamestop lol.
Alx1231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Alx1231
Member since 2007 • 527 Posts

My first day out with the 3DS I got one Mii and after that... none. I'm hopeing when more people get it I will have a full plaza.

BlueCash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BlueCash
Member since 2006 • 518 Posts

fred1712

Yeah same for me. I'd rather just leave it off and conserve the battery.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

The 3DS hasnt been out long. Once more people get it, Im sure if you go threw a populated area that you'll be bond to find atleast one person with a 3DS. I say a good time when that will happen is the up coming holiday season (Lets hope that new Super Mario 3D game will be coming out around the holiday season).

richydoan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 richydoan
Member since 2010 • 38 Posts

I went to Gamestop with streetpass on and still didn't get any other streetpassers.

scottahuch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 scottahuch
Member since 2003 • 1580 Posts

I went to a few different classes with about 200 people in them, and nothing :(

Kaylomaylo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kaylomaylo-
Member since 2011 • 47 Posts
Yeah I have no hope for the Streetpass feature, since the town I live in has a population of 1,000. Most of which are senior citizens. BUT, whenever I take it to a bigger town I might try to test it out. =]
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts
I came across a fellow named Robeson six hours ago. I got his Mii and defeated him in a figurine battle. That was my only Street Pass success so far.
dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts
Not a one, unfortunately, and I even visited two different college campuses today. At least Nintendo had the foresight to allow us to use coins in the Mii Quest game.
Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

I got tagged by 5 guys so it's a pass for me. :D

SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

Street pass will fade away like Pictochat. It has too many variables IMO to be successful. First you need to have a 3DS, then you need to be close enough, then you need it to be in SLEEP mode, and then for certain games you need to have it enabled etc etc. Yea you might get it ONCE in a blue moon, but I cant see it being used that much.

Batang_X990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Batang_X990
Member since 2010 • 939 Posts
i doubt most 3ds consumers even know how to enable street pass x_x
dalscowboys22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 dalscowboys22
Member since 2005 • 1335 Posts

i got one today

BR0M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 BR0M
Member since 2005 • 1342 Posts

I'm up to 5. I'm in college so its actually quite fun. I recognize a few of the people based off the Mii's appearance.

AstralDrmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AstralDrmz
Member since 2009 • 784 Posts

I went hang at a bookstore and didn't get any.

Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

AstralDrmz

That's because the bookstore's like the library....Not many I know would want to play a game when the allure of "special" books are on the shelves.

champofcube15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 champofcube15
Member since 2004 • 1596 Posts

Unfortunately no. Even when I go to class on campus, I get no one. Since I love walking, I just leave it in sleep mode and get Play Coins.

wilford88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wilford88
Member since 2005 • 162 Posts
Haven't had much success yet. Although, I just take it with me to work so I doubt I'll even get anybody there with a 3DS. I just carry it with me to get the Play Coins. I do think I'll get somebody if I got to the Mall or Gamestop. Looking forward to the weekend! Haha
AstralDrmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AstralDrmz
Member since 2009 • 784 Posts

[QUOTE="AstralDrmz"]

Zanoh

That's because the bookstore's like the library....Not many I know would want to play a game when the allure of "special" books are on the shelves.

A ton of book stores these days have things like Starbucks in them though, where 'tech-savvy' people tend to go. Which is where I was, basically.
Spolings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Spolings
Member since 2008 • 198 Posts

I always meet the same person when I'm cycling to school, on the same time... I wonder who it is :D

Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts

The second day I had it (Monday) I went to Wal Mart after work, and when I got in my car I pulled it out of my pocket and noticed a green light blinking. Apparently someone else in the store had one, and I picked up a bearded lady Mii named Ladybeard. I was actually pretty surprised because I also live in a relatively small town, the system had just come out, and it was like 10:00 at night so the store wasn't very busy.

I've taken it to the restaurant I work at (which is usually really busy) and haven't picked up anything there yet. I'm not expecting too much this soon yet. Very few people are early adopters of systems like this... to call the feature a "failure" less than a week after the system's release is jumping the gun a bit. I can see it being a really cool fature once the 3DS sales really take off.

Edit; I also wanted to add, to whoever said they'd rather conserve the battery, I've carried it in sleep mode for 7 or 8 hours at a time, opening it up for a couple minutes here and there to show friends, and still had a "full" charge when I got home. Sleep mode takes up very little battery power.

tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

got a couple, but thats it. dont think to many people walk around with 3ds on

ordubis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ordubis
Member since 2005 • 261 Posts

I totally got one today at college, I was like OMFG no way!! :P

Avatar image for r_a_i_d_e_r_s19
r_a_i_d_e_r_s19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 r_a_i_d_e_r_s19
Member since 2009 • 448 Posts

1 person...but hes in the room next to me... (college roomate)

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I always take it with me, to my working place where there are 100s (working for a provider) and at school (a school for applied science) and I haven't met a singel person on Street Pass yet. Looks like this thing is either selling horrible here in Switzerland or most just don't care about this whole steps / Street Pass thing

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dzimm

Street pass will fade away like Pictochat. It has too many variables IMO to be successful. First you need to have a 3DS, then you need to be close enough, then you need it to be in SLEEP mode, and then for certain games you need to have it enabled etc etc. Yea you might get it ONCE in a blue moon, but I cant see it being used that much.

SRTtoZ

I think it'll be the exact opposite of Pictochat. I think as more people buy a 3DS and discover StreetPass, the more it'll be used because of its passive nature.

thor0298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 thor0298
Member since 2004 • 737 Posts

I have met a total of 5 so far. I have only had it outside of the my neighborhood 3 times. So, I have picked up 3 at gamestop, two were workers. The other two were just walking around the mall. This weekend I have to stop at the mall of america.. I wonder how many I will get then. I haven't met anyone that has street fighter though to try out that street pass.

strator1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 strator1
Member since 2005 • 196 Posts
I have like 10 people on my streetpass and some i saw them like 3 times :D
gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I doubt I'll ever get any seeing as nobody really used the PSP & DS outside either.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LordAndrew

[QUOTE="SRTtoZ"]

dzimm

I think it'll be the exact opposite of Pictochat. I think as more people buy a 3DS and discover StreetPass, the more it'll be used because of its passive nature.

And as more games are released with Street Pass functionality, people will have more reason to walk around with their 3DS in sleep mode. You don't even need the game in the system when you pass people.
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts
[QUOTE="decepticondevil"]

The second day I had it (Monday) I went to Wal Mart after work, and when I got in my car I pulled it out of my pocket and noticed a green light blinking. Apparently someone else in the store had one, and I picked up a bearded lady Mii named Ladybeard. I was actually pretty surprised because I also live in a relatively small town, the system had just come out, and it was like 10:00 at night so the store wasn't very busy.

I've taken it to the restaurant I work at (which is usually really busy) and haven't picked up anything there yet. I'm not expecting too much this soon yet. Very few people are early adopters of systems like this... to call the feature a "failure" less than a week after the system's release is jumping the gun a bit. I can see it being a really cool fature once the 3DS sales really take off.

Edit; I also wanted to add, to whoever said they'd rather conserve the battery, I've carried it in sleep mode for 7 or 8 hours at a time, opening it up for a couple minutes here and there to show friends, and still had a "full" charge when I got home. Sleep mode takes up very little battery power.

Yeah, sleep mode can last for 2-3 days(says the instruction booklet).
solidsolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 solidsolo
Member since 2006 • 994 Posts

I live in Western North Carolina so it's basically small towns scattered about. I have my 3DS on me most of the time and have collected no one on street pass as of yet. Gonna take it to a more populated area tonight and hop to land a Mii somewhere.

I figured not too many folks have it around here just yet but I bet as the 3DS becomes more and more widespread the StreetPass will begin to kickoff.

champofcube15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 champofcube15
Member since 2004 • 1596 Posts

I live in Western North Carolina so it's basically small towns scattered about. I have my 3DS on me most of the time and have collected no one on street pass as of yet. Gonna take it to a more populated area tonight and hop to land a Mii somewhere.

I figured not too many folks have it around here just yet but I bet as the 3DS becomes more and more widespread the StreetPass will begin to kickoff.

solidsolo
Ahhhh, Western NC.. I was in Boone and Maggie Valley not too long ago. :) But hopefully when I go to the mall tomorrow, I can pick a few up people.
solidsolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 solidsolo
Member since 2006 • 994 Posts

[QUOTE="solidsolo"]

champofcube15

Ahhhh, Western NC.. I was in Boone and Maggie Valley not too long ago. :) But hopefully when I go to the mall tomorrow, I can pick a few up people.

Cool.. I'll be at the Asheville mall tomorrow.. if that's the same one you're going to.. Maybe you'll be my first Mii find. What a small world.

Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ilikemyname420
Member since 2007 • 5147 Posts

Only got one and I've been around some fairly busy areas.

takspeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#37 takspeed
Member since 2010 • 257 Posts

Nah no luck for for me. I went to school with it, walked around downtown with it and still did not find anybody. The only person I did pick up my friend who wanted to do the streepass thing. I can't wait til otakon tho [anime convention in Baltimore] since last year I got tagged by tons of ppl with dragonquest IX.

StevenHawking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38 StevenHawking
Member since 2004 • 1584 Posts

I agree that it might pick up speed as more people get 3ds' and more games come out that utilize streetpass functionality. I, personally have not gotten any but that's because I'm in a similar boat. I work in a library that's frequented by mainly older people, and I live in a small town that has few people around my age. I go to school but no one there I've met really plays games. I'm hoping to run across some next time I'm at gamestop or something.

strator1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 strator1
Member since 2005 • 196 Posts
Well I may have more luck probably because im working in a video game company.. so the chance that people got a 3ds is raised :)
Avatar image for InsultToInjury_
InsultToInjury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 InsultToInjury_
Member since 2007 • 2219 Posts
I've had 3 so far on mine. One of them is someone I work with though.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
living in a place where the 3DS will easily cost more than 600 dollars (DSi costs $300, wii at launch was $1100) + street pass = failure. i wanted to use it once i got it :(
Knight-Owl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#42 Knight-Owl
Member since 2008 • 690 Posts

I've gone to the grocery store, 2 dif walmart's and gamestop with no luck at all.

I hope that I get to try it soon :(

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

I went to a few different classes with about 200 people in them, and nothing :(

scottahuch
Most people at my university do games/computer related studies so I've gotten a few just walking around =D
gamefan606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#44 gamefan606
Member since 2005 • 3930 Posts
Yes. In fact, today was my first Streetpass encounter. I was at a UIL competition and had taken my 3DS with me to keep me occupied after competing. I actually got one person :D
dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dzimm

I got my first StreetPass hit today! It happened while I was in class from somebody who apparently walked by my room. I opened up my 3DS a few hours later and visited the Mii Plaza, and there he was! It was actually a really cool moment.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LordAndrew
I got tagged by Robeson again today, and I also got a girl named "kiwi" when I went to Best Buy.
Leaky_Taps_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Leaky_Taps_Man
Member since 2010 • 319 Posts

The only success I've had so far is my local game store -.-

But I expect over the next few months to get a lot more, an awesome concept imo.

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
I just brought mine out of the house for the first time tonight.. Got two pings from the streetpass.. I do work at a video game store though, so it was a few regulars who had bought 3DS's from us...
Carnage792000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Carnage792000
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
There's a streetpass event in Hickory which is in the foothills. Not to far from Asheville. The Gamestop off of exit 126 on I-40 on sat, dec. 15th 2012. Starts at 6pm but, a bunch of us are getting there eariler.