72 Hour Zelda Marathon!

• 114 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts
[QUOTE="Rocky32189"][QUOTE="alphamale1989"]Half an hour to go!! I bet they make it.Head_of_games
No, they won't make it. They'll do it in 72 hrs if you just count game time though. What they did is still an amazing accomplishment, and they've raised over $5000 for charity in the process.

Darn it, they went over! However, there was a lot of time where they weren't playing so if you don't count that then maybe they can beat it.

Wait. I was talking to the people on the live feed, and they say that there is still 3 hours left. Apparently the timer started at the beginning of the live show which began 3 hours before the marathon.
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
[QUOTE="Head_of_games"][QUOTE="Rocky32189"] No, they won't make it. They'll do it in 72 hrs if you just count game time though. What they did is still an amazing accomplishment, and they've raised over $5000 for charity in the process.alphamale1989
Darn it, they went over! However, there was a lot of time where they weren't playing so if you don't count that then maybe they can beat it.

Wait. I was talking to the people on the live feed, and they say that there is still 3 hours left. Apparently the timer started at the beginning of the live show which began 3 hours before the marathon.

Are you sure? I was there are the start and I though that it started on time. Whatever, I'll go watch more!
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

Wait. I was talking to the people on the live feed, and they say that there is still 3 hours left. Apparently the timer started at the beginning of the live show which began 3 hours before the marathon.alphamale1989
No, the timer is correct.

It started at 7 pm EST on Friday. They have about 2 and a half hours if you just count game time. But, that was not their original goal. Their goal was to finish in 72 hours of broadcasting time. Still an amazing accomplishment though.

alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts

[QUOTE="alphamale1989"]Wait. I was talking to the people on the live feed, and they say that there is still 3 hours left. Apparently the timer started at the beginning of the live show which began 3 hours before the marathon.Rocky32189

No, the timer is correct.

It started at 7 pm EST on Friday. They have about 2 and a half hours if you just count game time. But, that was not their original goal. Their goal was to finish in 72 hours of broadcasting time. Still an amazing accomplishment though.

Yeah, I was just saying what I heard from the feed, but your right. And the Twitter thing on the right of the video screen confirms that 72 hours has past. Oh well better luck next time I suppose, they raised lots of cash and I that is what matters.
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts
Oh never mind I was right the first time. lol They didn't finish.
bestibomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 bestibomber
Member since 2009 • 659 Posts
Oh never mind I was right the first time. lol They didn't finish.AlexSays
Dang. I thought they could do it.
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts
[QUOTE="AlexSays"]Oh never mind I was right the first time. lol They didn't finish.bestibomber

After Twilight Princess I thought so too. But it's taking them WAY too long to beat Four Swords.
bestibomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108 bestibomber
Member since 2009 • 659 Posts
[QUOTE="bestibomber"][QUOTE="AlexSays"]Oh never mind I was right the first time. lol They didn't finish.AlexSays

After Twilight Princess I thought so too. But it's taking them WAY too long to beat Four Swords.

Yeup and their still on it after 3 hours from what they thought they would do.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Rocky32189

[QUOTE="bestibomber"][QUOTE="AlexSays"]Oh never mind I was right the first time. lol They didn't finish.AlexSays

Yeah, and Phantom Hourglass took way too long at over 11 hours.

Just to let everyone know, the CDi games will be played at random times this week. Keep checking http://www.thespeedgamers.com and their forums for updates. Also, for anyone who is interested, they will be doing a Mother/Earthbound Marathon in May, a Metal Gear Marathon in June, a Final Fantasy Marathon in July, and another one in August that is yet to be announced.

Shayde_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110 Shayde_Shadow
Member since 2009 • 213 Posts

Wow, they did alright! Might tune in for the FF Marathon, that'll be interesting :)

canadianloonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#111 canadianloonie
Member since 2004 • 384 Posts

Hehe, I don't think they were expecting to reach Four Swords to be honest. It seems like all four players were playing the game for the very first time. They certainly weren't familiar with it.

I watched them last night trying to escape from this prison. The goal is to sneak past a series of searchlights without getting detected. It was the funniest thing ever!! They must've gotten caught a gallizion times...and had to redo the whole sequence over and over again. It took them a good half an hour to finally get past it. :lol::lol:

Kudos to TSG though!! It was an amazing feat! They posted some amazing times. Their runs for Zelda 2, OoT Master Quest, Oracle of Seasons, and TP really impressed me. Congrats on surpassing your donation goa!l $6130.54!! Woot!!

DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts

That was really interesting watching throughout the weekend and I'm glad to hear they reached their goal of $6000, they hadn't when I stopped watching last night.

About Four Swords taking so long, I think I read on the chat that they had actually forgotten about that game (someone correct me if I'm wrong) so they could very well have been playing it for the first time.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Rocky32189

That was really interesting watching throughout the weekend and I'm glad to hear they reached their goal of $6000, they hadn't when I stopped watching last night.

About Four Swords taking so long, I think I read on the chat that they had actually forgotten about that game (someone correct me if I'm wrong) so they could very well have been playing it for the first time.

DDRMom
They weren't originally planning to play Four Swords and I'm pretty sure most of the players were playing it for the first time. Before they even started Four Swords, they knew they weren't going to make their goal, since they only had around 4 hours. So I don't think they took it seriously and just threw random players on it. Their real downfall was Phantom Hourglass. But it must have been hard playing underneath a rig attached to the DS with a webcam over the screen.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Rocky32189
For anyone interested, they are playing the CDi games pretty soon since they didn't get a chance yesterday, here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/thespeedgamers They'll be doing this all week.