Worst first person shooter you have ever played?

• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MikeMoose (3074 posts) -

I'm curious to hear what the worst first person shooter you all have played is. For me personally, it might have to be Duke Nukem: Forever honestly. I don't play too many bad games and this one just blew me away with how awful it was. This is coming from a long time Duke fan as well, as you can probably tell from my profile picture haha. Let me know about all of your terrible FPS experiences!

#2 Posted by RobertBowen (4094 posts) -

I would have to say Daikatana.

I played the whole game and finished it, and there were some good ideas, some good level designs, nice weapons and decent enemies. The fundemantal gameplay mechanics (movement, shooting, etc.) were solid.

However, it pretty much failed in the execution of nearly everything else. Really bad voice work and sound effects, bad animation, poor story, AI bugs, annoying allies with bad pathfinding, and on...

After Romero hyped it up, the game simply fell flat on its face.

Having said all that - I wouldn't mind seeing a developer 'reimagining' the game in a new engine. Instead of taking great games (like Duke3d) and reworking them to be mediocre, they should take the truly bad games and turn them into something worth playing.

#3 Posted by Busy_Man123 (1430 posts) -

Terra Wars: N.Y. Invasion.

#4 Posted by TheCaveRat (3672 posts) -
Redneck Rampage
#5 Posted by yellosnolvr (19302 posts) -
i didnt hype DNF one bit, maybe even downplayed it. still was extremely disappointed. it was THAT bad
#6 Posted by Alerion25 (1 posts) -

I would say Homefront

#7 Posted by reza1368 (10 posts) -

delta ops was very bad:x

#8 Posted by -Water-Wings- (1077 posts) -

I'm curious to hear what the worst first person shooter you all have played is. For me personally, it might have to be Duke Nukem: Forever honestly. I don't play too many bad games and this one just blew me away with how awful it was. This is coming from a long time Duke fan as well, as you can probably tell from my profile picture haha. Let me know about all of your terrible FPS experiences!

MikeMoose

I'd say Duke Nukem: Forever as well. Waited about fifteen years and got all hyped up about that game.. It ended up being one of the biggest disappointments in gaming history.

#9 Posted by LessThanMike (5286 posts) -
Duke Nukem forever...hated it...after waiting for a decade to play it, I hated it.
#10 Posted by thecrypticodor (192 posts) -

994363755-00.jpg.

#11 Posted by ALG_82 (26 posts) -

Crysis 2. Great ideas but horrible on all other levels

#13 Posted by StinkoryJones (50 posts) -
Call of Juarez : The Cartel I don't know what they didn't do wrong. It seemed like they're marketing campaign cost more than the entire production of the actual game.
#14 Posted by thermalvision (130 posts) -
Daikatana is one of worst fps game i have ever played.............
#15 Posted by Samaritan- (21 posts) -
Brink, such potential gone to waste.
#16 Posted by Ossy_King_99 (1 posts) -
Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3
#17 Posted by starsmith4_spot (30 posts) -

I would say South Park (1999).

#18 Posted by alim298 (1125 posts) -

Battlefield Bad company 2 (single player)

#19 Posted by Faithbringer (103 posts) -

Daikatana, it was very heavy game for it's time and thousand times more bugged...I didn't manage to finish it, but I'm glad I managed to sell it.

#20 Posted by zeus_gb (7792 posts) -
#21 Posted by Myounage (254 posts) -

MW2 PC. What a terrible game.

#22 Posted by digi-demon (741 posts) -

Pariah on Xbox maybe...

#23 Posted by Frieza99 (232 posts) -
Call of Duty 1 , definitely one of the best games.......but a worst game of all time for me
#24 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

"Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green" comes to mind... The game has issues. I still own it for my OG Xbox, though... The masochist in me demands a play every once in awhile...

:lol:

#25 Posted by DraugenCP (8469 posts) -

Call of Duty 1 is the was definitely one of the best games.......but a worst game of all time for meFrieza99

What is this I don't even...

#27 Posted by rogue81 (737 posts) -

There was an old WW2 shooter where you played as a european scout squad. I can't remember the name, but I do remember muddy graphics and not being able to figure out the controls to get past the first level. I'll let DNF be the worst one, seeing as I can remember it's name.

EDIT* Hidden & Dangerous. Not technically a fps, but it was still crap anyway.

#28 Posted by rogue81 (737 posts) -

[QUOTE="Frieza99"]Call of Duty 1 is the was definitely one of the best games.......but a worst game of all time for meDraugenCP

What is this I don't even...

Hahaha!
#29 Posted by sfGiantsfan85 (33 posts) -
prey
#30 Posted by asdeqw (2 posts) -
I shudder at the thought of playing Sniper: Ghost Warrior. The idea of realistic bullet physics is a good idea, but when it takes an hour to get to where you can use your rifle, there's no way i'm doing that just to run like a b*tch from the guys who want to kill me for shooting their buddy. And no regen on health and limited ways to get it back up. I broke a controller during the first 2 hours of game play. - Anyone else make my mistake? "Finally I can shoot the general... YES! HEADSHOT! Uh... are those guys coming... up... here? OH FUUU-"
#31 Posted by oldsnake12 (780 posts) -

Rouge Warrior, period

#32 Posted by GamerX500 (50 posts) -

Brink was a game i really hated, i tried to enjoy it and get into it, but i just couldn't, so that's one of the worst FPS games from the last years i've played. Bodycount was also a horrible shooter, which i only played a demo of. The process went like this: Install Bodycount demo -> start the game -> play for 3 min -> delete the game and never wanna see the game's existence again. :lol:

#33 Posted by mbe243 (0 posts) -
This is one post I do not understand. In real life a sniper can take up to a couple of days to get into position to take a shot. Sometimes shorter and occasionally longer. Once that shot is taken the only course of action usually is to bug out as fast as possible. It sounds like the game you describe is attempting to be partly realistic which is good. The whole point of a sniper is one shot, one kill and then leave fast. Thats why they are so devastating and can turn entire battles. BTW Duke Nukhem gets my vote for worst FPS.
#34 Posted by o0squishy0o (2754 posts) -

Unreal II: The Awakening. Never have I once hated an EPIC GAMES game so much. I played it on the xbox and it was terrible. Playing spiltscreen and litterally the animations were cut in half or more, the game was never smooth but the bad guys fell over in like 3 states.

Tatical Ops was pretty poor but in a good way :P.

#35 Posted by o0squishy0o (2754 posts) -

Unreal II: The Awakening. Never have I once hated an EPIC GAMES game so much. I played it on the xbox and it was terrible. Playing spiltscreen and litterally the animations were cut in half or more, the game was never smooth but the bad guys fell over in like 3 states.

Tatical Ops was pretty poor but in a good way :P.

o0squishy0o
Wait it wasnt made by Epic, that explains it :P
#36 Posted by Nube36 (2 posts) -
Worst you've ever played? You haven't played many FPS if this is the case my friend.
#37 Posted by Nube36 (2 posts) -
Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Ossy_King_99
Trolllolol?
#38 Posted by Subaru1980 (29 posts) -
I don't know if others will agree with this. Wolfenstein on the Xbox 360, it was a big failure. Return to Castle Wolfenstein was a great game back to 2002 on the PC. The new HD version was a joke. Bad graphics, a very poor storyline and the gameplay was horrible too. A complete failure.
#39 Posted by MrDouglas (287 posts) -

Corridor 7, alien-themed game built on the Wolfenstein 3D enginge. It was not good...

#40 Posted by korlor (19 posts) -
I have hated every CoD game i have played... no offence but they are all too linear and flat out monotous. Activision should stop milking money with this tired franchise Also Homefront was dissapointment too.
#41 Posted by Killer_73 (54 posts) -

Duke nukem forever :x

#42 Posted by thegamerguy7 (143 posts) -

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Multplayer)

Great animations, Map desisgn, ideas

S***y devlopment choices, feels like they rushed the game, unfair, unresponsive, and just plain out unfair and crappy

#43 Posted by Pinman_DS9 (468 posts) -

That would be Turning Point: Fall of Liberty--hands down. My personal vote for worst game of 2008. Gamespot gave it a 4.5 rating, but I can't see how it even scored that high. It has broken graphics, broken controls, and is an overall buggy mess. I made the mistake of buying it because the underlying story intrigued me (I'm a history buff). I traded it in the first day I bought it--the only time I've ever done that.

#44 Posted by nait2k4 (79 posts) -

Oh, no way. You didn't just insult Redneck Rampage...? I still have the soundtrack to that game on my phone.

#45 Posted by Winterdawns (4 posts) -
Morty maybe. ;)
#46 Posted by Shoshoman (1 posts) -
Breach
#47 Posted by estalling (15 posts) -
The worst, Or just disappointing? We must learn to see games objectively. Compared to what you wanted after playing Crisis 1, it probably fell short. Compared to ALL other FPS, it's pretty solid. They had nice weapons, tight action sequences, and the powers were cool to use (esp. invisibility). And before you say something dramatic like "all other levels" you must acknowledge that no CryTek game has sub-par graphics, and this one is no exception.
#48 Posted by j4x2020 (2 posts) -

Mortyr. If you've played it, there's no other choice.

#49 Posted by Morbidmassacre (78 posts) -

It's got to be one of the more recent ones. I don't remember any FPS from early 2000's and late 90's being a particularly depressing, mind-killing, life-threatening experience, even though there are some "pretty" bad ones there too. Some painful ones:

Delta Force Black Hawk Down Team Sabre : Playing this game is more agonizing than sleeping on a bed full of broken glass. It's unbelievably broken, and beating the other campaign (the possible one) requires the player to not care too much about living. I actually did beat the other campaing, which I consider somehow disturbing. Go read my review.

OF - Dragon Rising : Don't worry, I only payed 15 for this. And my playing experience was worth less than five cents. I played it for 20 minutes (or less), died once, took it out and threw it on the floor. The funny part is, I haven't touched the thing since it, it's still there. And it's a long time.

Team Fortress Classic : What?

Halo Reach : I did like ODST, as my first (and definitely last) Halo game (read my review). So why did I hate this? BECAUSE IT'S THE SAME GAME. Sorry fellas, you really need to try harder. Waste of nature's resources.

The Sum of All Fears : I have completed it, but the controls are horrible and the game just doesn't work.

Timesplitters 2 : First mission is fantastic, ok? Everything else: Please leave the room, my head is about to explode.

I have played many more extremely horrible games, but that is it for now, my mind is not capable of remembering more right now.

#50 Posted by ALPRAS91 (3 posts) -
I've played too many bad FPS in my life, so I dont know where to start... Conspiracy: Weapons of Mass destruction, Metroid Prime (the 1st one), 007 Nightfire, Duke Nukem Forever, etc. But there's one that is special to me: Boiling Point: Road to Hell. It was an awesome game that was also terrible. It was +- like a FPS version of Just Cause, with a paradisaical island, lots of weapons and action, but a more serious game and more difficult, where you have to spend money to refill your car with gas, to fix your weapons, you could only take about 50 Kg in your backpack (including the ammo), etc. Man, I loved that game... But also hated it. It had so many bugs that I never could finish the game, it was just too much... Nevertheless, I would recommend you to play the game!