Worst first person shooter you have ever played?

• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Perth2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

User Lists: 0

#51 Perth2008
Member since 2008 • 216 Posts

Two City Interactive titles come to mind as worst FPS:

1. Terrorist Takedown: Covert Operations (see my GameSpot review under game title), and
  2. Terrorist Takedown: War in Colombia (see review in my blog of 18 July 2010).

I am presently (or finally) playing Sniper: Ghost Warrior and so far its a major improvement on the above two titles (graphics-wise, if not otherwise) ... overall verdict to follow.

fugno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 fugno
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Oh, no way. You didn't just insult Redneck Rampage...? I still have the soundtrack to that game on my phone.

nait2k4

I second that! Redneck Rampage is a good ol' game. I have the nuthouse music on my phone.

The worst game for me was Battlefield 3 what kind of crap was that?

creat1ve_fps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 creat1ve_fps
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

I would say Homefront

Alerion25
homefront was a good game, but it is one of those games that is only fun for like a week or two
undyingRuin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 undyingRuin
Member since 2006 • 75 Posts
Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Ossy_King_99
Alchemist3001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#55 Alchemist3001
Member since 2011 • 120 Posts

Hour of Victory

Even in the absence of ultra-lightweight tanks and teleporting troops, Hour of Victory would likely have been mediocre at best. It didn't help that the console version's aiming wasn't the best around, and the fact that the plot was somewhat lacking in consistency.

gailgamesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 gailgamesh

don't remember the name but think it was 007 roug agent or somthing for regular x box reterned to gamestop for a loss the next day paid 40 got 20 basterds!

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#57 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

MW2

CityOfShips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 CityOfShips
Member since 2008 • 654 Posts

Not really sure it is the worst, but I disliked Homefront immensely...

Guerdonmyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Guerdonmyth
Member since 2012 • 28 Posts
Medal of honor rising sun. The enemies insists on killing you with bayonettes, even if you clearly have the upper hand from 30 yards away.
smfalgout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 smfalgout
Member since 2010 • 42 Posts

For me the worst shooter I've ever played is History Channel Battle for the Pacific. However, the most disappointing shooter I've ever played is Brink.

wazzawazza18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61 wazzawazza18
Member since 2009 • 936 Posts
COD MW3
Messirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Messirr
Luckily, memory doesn't keep bad things :) I really hated Doom... (this is probably the point when everyone kills me)
Kerr_Avon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Kerr_Avon
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I'd probably say South Park. Duke Nukem Forever was a bigger disappointment* to me, as I love Duke Nukem 3D, Duke Nukem 64, and Duke Nukem: Zero Hour (the N64 game I mean, not the mod), but bad as DNF is, it's not nearly as bad as South Park.

* I wasn't hugely disappointed with DNF, as I wasn't expecting too much given the troubled delay period and the rumours shortly before release. I was more disappointed with Avlien vs Predator (XBox 360), as the original PC version (1999) was great, but AvP 360 was still much better than DNF.

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#64 BarbaricAvatar
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts

Warhammer 40000: Fire Warrior.

Boring unimaginative rubbish and poor in every respect.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 sukraj

serious sam

serialslb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66 serialslb
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

COD MW3

Dexter-010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#67 Dexter-010
Member since 2011 • 494 Posts
Brink. And I still can't believe that I had pre-order the game.
MJS88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 MJS88
Member since 2007 • 60 Posts

I remember an old PS1 Rainbow Six FPS being really bad (can't remember the name).

The worst online game I ever played was Vietcong... so stupidly buggy. Shame really because I loved the story mode.

Mar_Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Mar_Sama
Member since 2012 • 93 Posts
first real FPS game was on my old PSX and it was Medal of Honor: Underground. Good game looking on the old times. Worst fps i played was Doom, just couldn't get into it and the best so far is Killzone 2 but Borderlands 2 as an FPS/RPG title comes close to it
cbb1018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#70 cbb1018
Member since 2010 • 86 Posts
BRINK!!!!!!!!
cbb1018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 cbb1018
Dude your not the only one.....i read about it in a magazine 2 years before it came out and i pre ordered it one year before it came out....you can only imagine my disappointment when it actually did come out...
cbb1018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 cbb1018
@Dexter-010
quakke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 5

#73 quakke
Member since 2006 • 225 Posts

Funny how many ppl say Duke Nukem Forever.

Fact is, it wasn't a real Duke game to begin with. Just another COD-like piece of trash.

Call Of Duty, worst and most stupid franchise ever to be created.

freddyhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#74 freddyhead
Member since 2005 • 38 Posts
Blacksite: Area 51
t0pheNutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 t0pheNutz
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Saying any CoD game is the absholute worst FPS ever is pure hyperbole. Certainly iterative and samey, but they are all functional games.

As far as the worst, has to be Zero Tolerance. If you don't know what this is, it's an FPS for the Genesis. That's right...just imagine what that must be like, its worse trust me. I remember we rented it one weekend, back in the early 90s, many LOLs were had. Also SNES and 32x versions of Doom, were almost as bad as ZT.

Subcarpati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Subcarpati
Doom (the 1st). I was a kid back then, and I was always afraid to play that game alone :)
gruffharries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 gruffharries
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Campaign of Battlefield 3, although expected to be bad, was terrible. Not a good story, as usual with Multiplayer games.(except for halo)
DarksjeiK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#78 DarksjeiK
Member since 2004 • 116 Posts

Legendary, that game is easily the worst

http://pcbyone.com/wp-content/uploads/products_img/legendary_cover_atari_usk_keine_jugendfreigabe.jpg

MAS_100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 MAS_100
Member since 2012 • 77 Posts

For me the worst first person shooter I have ever played was probably 'Legendary'. An absolute mess from start to finish. Obviously there are probably much more worse first person shooters out there, but from the ones I've played that is the worst by far.

Selina786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Selina786

OMG..what have you asked..lolz.. I have very terrible experience playing these games..:(

Serious Sam 2

Elite forces

rdrew1968

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 rdrew1968
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Thankfully all were just demos and not actual purchases, but the worst of the worst I've ever played are Darkest of Days; Hour of Victory; and Turning Point: Fall of Liberty
Alex-Gopson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Alex-Gopson
There's a few really bad ones, but I've got to give it to Duke Nukem Forever. Bought it for the 360, and I have never gotten rid of an Xbox game I didn't beat or play through at least once... and then I played that game. Too terrible I couldn't bring myself to finish it. Biblically bad.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 sukraj

There's a few really bad ones, but I've got to give it to Duke Nukem Forever. Bought it for the 360, and I have never gotten rid of an Xbox game I didn't beat or play through at least once... and then I played that game. Too terrible I couldn't bring myself to finish it. Biblically bad.Alex-Gopson

duke em up sucks

Avatar image for charlesnitrotek
charlesnitrotek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 charlesnitrotek
Member since 2013 • 90 Posts

call of duty all series.

Avatar image for GeneralMufinMan
GeneralMufinMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 GeneralMufinMan
Member since 2013 • 387 Posts

That first South Park game *shudder*

EniGma1311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 EniGma1311
Member since 2006 • 254 Posts

Without a doubt Goldeneye Rogue Agent for xbox.  Controls were the **** worst...

Firerasier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#87 Firerasier

Your on drugs, its Aliens Colonial Marines.

Beagle050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Beagle050
Member since 2008 • 737 Posts

Delta Force Black Hawk Down Team Sabre : Playing this game is more agonizing than sleeping on a bed full of broken glass. It's unbelievably broken, and beating the other campaign (the possible one) requires the player to not care too much about living. I actually did beat the other campaing, which I consider somehow disturbing. Go read my review.

Morbidmassacre

I actually liked that game, but it was horrible. Half the levels wouldn't even end or progress if you did something wrong. The AI was as stupid as a box of nails, and you could even crash the game by playing a level the wrong way. It had some cool elements that I liked, though. Loved the open terrain, multiplayer, and map editor. It's a 7/10 for me. The latest Delta Force games have no redeeming qualities, though. You would find those several times as bad as BHD:TS.

The worst FPS I ever played was probably Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, partly because I got it for the console. There was also the fact that bushes disappeared at a certain distance, making concealment useless. This game still wasn't really that bad (it was mediocre - poor), but I stopped playing after ~ 2hr of playing time and never picked it up again.

disposition000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 disposition000
Member since 2004 • 222 Posts
Redneck Rampage was awesome.
MATTxQCx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#90 MATTxQCx
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Bulletstorm is horrible.

Burner4444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Burner4444
Member since 2008 • 26 Posts
I see a lot of Duke Nukem forever throughout this thread. Were you guys expecting a good game? I normally wait for reviews so I don't play a lot of bad games but I bought DNF know it was a bad game and I got a good kick out of it. It made me laugh with how bad it was and how much of a dork Duke is. That said I suppose I'd have to say DNF, but I'm not going to act like it was a disappointment or a let down or anything like that. I knew it was bad, expected it to be bad, and in the end I enjoyed its awfulness. Also, I don't know if there is a thread for this but I'd like to nominate Singularity as most underrated!
Strutting_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Strutting_Leo
Colonial Marines is the worst by far. Its level of total **** is not even funny.
VAAC84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 VAAC84
Member since 2009 • 54 Posts

I have two

The first is Turok: Rage Wars, because of the crippling bug that didn't let you advance past the third stage in two-player mode. I would have put Duke Nukem Forever here, but that's an obvious choice and I felt like being unique. But yes, DK:F was horrid, indeed!

My second choice is Counter-Strike: GO. Not because the game is bad, it looks decent. That's the problem! Every time I try and play a game, my "team" votes me off. Immediately. I get to look, but not touch, so to speak. I have played a total of 15 minutes in the 4 months I've owned it on PS3. I bought it because I wanted a new take on competetive FPS multiplayer, but I guess I'll never get a chance. I thought the CoD crowd was aggravating, at least they don't (or can't) kick you off a match.

gunslayer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 gunslayer5
Member since 2009 • 112 Posts

Sudden Attack. It was an awful experience. 

Bigloni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Bigloni
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I probably haven't touched the worst ones out there, but the worst I have must be Warrock.

Also I gotta say that Metro 2033's shooting mechanics are annoyingly dated which was a disappointment.

ravenkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#96 ravenkiller
Member since 2003 • 39 Posts

any COD game COD is just ruining gaming in general.

GamerNerdTalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 1

#97 GamerNerdTalk
Member since 2011 • 341 Posts

Probably Aliens: Colonial Marines, or Duke Nukem Forever. They were both terrible games.

Zack091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Zack091

Homefront

UncookedMoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#99 UncookedMoa

I have to say History: Battle for the Pacific. It was extremely boring. A gift I received from my relatives on a day that was not on my birthday...

Aliens Colonial Marines comes second. Glitches everywhere and feels like a pre-alpha build. Good thing I didn't buy it and just received it when a friend never wanted to see it again and just gave it away...

AAA GAMES

Modern Warfare 3 has to be the worst AAA game, in my opinion. Boring guns, poor sound effects, "worst of" map pack of multiplayer maps, flat characters, scripted campaign, poor survival mode, teammates kill nearly all of the enemies for you while you hide in cover. The game basicly holds your hand the entire game. Then there's the plain and unrealistic storyline of a small team of average soldiers who race to save the world while killing thousands perhaps even millions of Russian soldiers in Cold War-era mentality without breaking a sweat. Might as well be called "Michael Bay's Fireworks Simulator." Have to give credit for the fact that the game was polished and the scenes are great to look at, though

GAMES I HAVEN'T PLAYED

I'm sure there are a lot worse games out there that I haven't played, here are some I heard of.

Hour of Victory looks horrible. Then there's Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear, although technically an on-rails shooter, obviously tries to mask itself as a first person shooter by adding an on-screen gun. And even as an on-rails shooter, animations are poor and QTEs are common and even ignoring them, the game still looks bad as an on-rails shooter.

NRA: Practice Range has to be the worst and most poorly made first person shooter ever made.Looking at the screenshots show how bad it is.

rkelll48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 rkelll48
i would have to say duke nukem forever, i know that is a fairly common opinion, but once you think about the lead up to it..we all expected so much more??? i remember feeling completely ripped off by it