Member introductions.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mithrandir50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#752 Mithrandir50
Member since 2013 • 809 Posts

BTW this is Brucewayne on an alt.

I am atheist now. Basically just don't believe in that stuff.

Feel much more free, not that I took religion seriously before, but overall just different.

Anyways, hello

Avatar image for RationalAtheist
RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#753 RationalAtheist
Member since 2007 • 4428 Posts

Feel much more free, not that I took religion seriously before, but overall just different.

Anyways, hello

Mithrandir50

Holy Moly!

Congratulations, I guess... I hope you're "most comfortable" as your beliefs evolve. Welcome and thanks for sharing your new views here.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#754 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts
Hai bruce
Mithrandir50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#755 Mithrandir50

Went to mass for the first time today as an atheist

I think I'm actually more interested in this stuff now that I don't believe in it. Weird. Have to keep from laughing sometimes though. Not trying to become one of those douchey "superior" atheist types, but some things are really ridiculous. Also came out to my best friend (Christian) about being atheist. He said he preferred I'd be Christian but it's cool with him. Never plan on coming out (as an atheist) to my parents though.

Have you guys seen the videos of Richard Dawkins interviewing Wendy Wright (creationist)?

Pretty hilarious.

Anyways this has been a very gradual process since whenever I started posting on OT again (as bruce), around September I think. I'd say OT, youtube videos, actual research on the bible, and basic intellect all played a part in this process.

See ya guys

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#756 wis3boi

Went to mass for the first time today as an atheist

I think I'm actually more interested in this stuff now that I don't believe in it. Weird. Have to keep from laughing sometimes though. Not trying to become one of those douchey "superior" atheist types, but some things are really ridiculous. Also came out to my best friend (Christian) about being atheist. He said he preferred I'd be Christian but it's cool with him. Never plan on coming out (as an atheist) to my parents though.

Have you guys seen the videos of Richard Dawkins interviewing Wendy Wright (creationist)?

Pretty hilarious.

Anyways this has been a very gradual process since whenever I started posting on OT again (as bruce), around September I think. I'd say OT, youtube videos, actual research on the bible, and basic intellect all played a part in this process.

See ya guys

Mithrandir50

I highly suggest you go watch some clips or full episodes of The Atheist Experience on youtube.  Incredible show, best thing to hit public TV

RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#757 RationalAtheist

Not trying to become one of those douchey "superior" atheist types, but some things are really ridiculous.

Mithrandir50

I hope you succeed where so many others fail. Absurdism is a valid atheist hypothesis (from Albert Camus), if it helps you get the ridiculous in proper perspective. Alternatively, you could watch regional amateur cable access TV drivel and continue down the douchey "superior" road...

Mithrandir50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#758 Mithrandir50

Was that a jab at "The Atheist Experience", RA?

RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#759 RationalAtheist

Mithrandir50

Just expressing an opinion: I wouldn't personally recommend such a variable stream of consciousness that is largely directed at religious phone-ins. I haven't thought that much of what I've seen of it, but there is a huge amount without clear classifications over what's being discussed.

My interests lie more in the source material and in graspable ideas about being and faith than in identifying with people. That sort of TV show reminds me more of the repeated religious ones designed to consistently enforce a particular viewpoint that I find unnecessary with atheism. Perhaps I'm not their intended audience, since they say themselves that their shows are "geared at a non-atheist audience".

Don't let my view stop you though! 

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#760 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

Anyways, hello

Mithrandir50
Congrats and good for you!
junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#761 junglist101
[QUOTE="Mithrandir50"]

RationalAtheist

Just expressing an opinion: I wouldn't personally recommend such a variable stream of consciousness that is largely directed at religious phone-ins. I haven't thought that much of what I've seen of it, but there is a huge amount without clear classifications over what's being discussed.

My interests lie more in the source material and in graspable ideas about being and faith than in identifying with people. That sort of TV show reminds me more of the repeated religious ones designed to consistently enforce a particular viewpoint that I find unnecessary with atheism. Perhaps I'm not their intended audience, since they say themselves that their shows are "geared at a non-atheist audience".

Eh, I don't really care for the atheist experience either, if not only for the fact I find it a little boring...but really, who cares?  It's not like the guy came here asking how he could further his theological studies.  
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#762 wis3boi
[QUOTE="RationalAtheist"][QUOTE="Mithrandir50"]

junglist101

Eh, I don't really care for the atheist experience either, if not only for the fact I find it a little boring...but really, who cares?  It's not like the guy came here asking how he could further his theological studies.  

Depends on the topic/callers of the day.  I loved when Kirk Cameron called in :lol:

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#763 wis3boi
[QUOTE="wis3boi"][QUOTE="junglist101"][QUOTE="RationalAtheist"][QUOTE="Mithrandir50"]

junglist101

Depends on the topic/callers of the day.  I loved when Kirk Cameron called in :lol:

That sounds funny I'm gonna try to find that one.

Whoops, I mixed up the names with his buddy :P  It was Ray Comfort who called :lol:   Either way, it's the banana guys, if you get that reference

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#764 junglist101
[QUOTE="junglist101"][QUOTE="RationalAtheist"][QUOTE="Mithrandir50"]

wis3boi

That sounds funny I'm gonna try to find that one.
JimmyJumpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#765 JimmyJumpy
Member since 2008 • 2554 Posts
JimmyJump, fourth generation non-baptised --except in beer several times; hey!, I'm from Belgium, what do you expect?-- hates only one thing with all his heart and that's organized religion and is fanatically against fanatism...
RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#766 RationalAtheist
Hi Jimmy - welcome to the union.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#767 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Hey everyone, i am new here, always been an atheist. So there is that :P. I do not believe in any religion and i have met quite a few people that are, but i still can't understand them believing in what they do

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#768  Edited By SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

What's this thread doing here? O.o

Original post:

@felixlynch777 said:

This is where you can post your religious beliefs and views as a reference for other members. I'll start first.

Hi, I'm Felix and I'm from the UK.

JP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#769  Edited By JP_
Member since 2007 • 12875 Posts

@SovietsUnited: Hello there,

Please don't bump Threads that haven't been posted on 1 month since the last posting

Thanks

JP_

Gamespot Moderation

*Locking to Prevent anymore Bumping*