GD Lounge- The Next Generation Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 0

#151 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]Thank you for your question thrown at Lark, @AlliecrombieThe_Last_Ride
ha I tried.

i think he ignored my concerns. People are angry though. Over at Fuse and the unions aswell

I think it'll be fine, they seem really community focused.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#152 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"] ha I tried.

i think he ignored my concerns. People are angry though. Over at Fuse and the unions aswell

I think it'll be fine, they seem really community focused.

I still have my reservations
chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#153 chicknfeet
Member since 2004 • 15630 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]Thank you for your question thrown at Lark, @AlliecrombieAllicrombie
ha I tried.

That was a long question. My head started spinning at some point
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Allicrombie
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]Thank you for your question thrown at Lark, @Alliecrombiechicknfeet
ha I tried.

That was a long question. My head started spinning at some point

Frances needed a break after reading it. =P
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 The_Last_Ride
I think they have forgotten about the core of this site
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#156 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
The core of this site is not the forums, I can guarantee you that.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 The_Last_Ride
The core of this site is not the forums, I can guarantee you that.MethodManFTW
Amen to that
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#158 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
I think they have forgotten about the core of this siteThe_Last_Ride
If they did they wouldn't spend time every week to talk to people about the new features.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 The_Last_Ride
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]I think they have forgotten about the core of this siteHaziqonfire
If they did they wouldn't spend time every week to talk to people about the new features.

But they are still deleting unions and removing Fuse
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 MethodManFTW
I thought Fuse was terrible. I really like the concept, but the design and usibility was not so good imo. And I have to imagine the active # of people in unions has to be veeeeeeeeeery low compared to the total users of Gamespot.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Allicrombie
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]I think they have forgotten about the core of this siteThe_Last_Ride

they are relocating unions and integrating Fuse features into user profiles. Gosh, people need to relax a little.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 The_Last_Ride
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"] If they did they wouldn't spend time every week to talk to people about the new features.

they are relocating unions and integrating Fuse features into user profiles. Gosh, people need to relax a little.

it's not the same dude, last time it was alright. People were angry because of the glitches. But nothing else compared to that. This time they are killing off parts of the site people have cared for during the last 10 years. MY union has existed in 8 years and it will be gone after this. We may get a forum, but anyone can ruin the mood and invade it without any problem and we wouldn't have control at all
chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 chicknfeet
it's not the same dude, last time it was alright. People were angry because of the glitches. But nothing else compared to that. This time they are killing off parts of the site people have cared for during the last 10 years. MY union has existed in 8 years and it will be gone after this. We may get a forum, but anyone can ruin the mood and invade it without any problem and we wouldn't have control at allThe_Last_Ride
Have they officially announced what they are adding to the new site other than stuff to the home page and reviews? From what i've seen and heard, they only gave the bad news to the community. Seems like you should wait to jump to conclusions until after they announce everything they're gonna do.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
indeed, their strategy seems to be bad news first, good news later. they might even add POST MERGING
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#165 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

I thought Fuse was terrible. I really like the concept, but the design and usibility was not so good imo. And I have to imagine the active # of people in unions has to be veeeeeeeeeery low compared to the total users of Gamespot.MethodManFTW

Friends have told me that Fuse is better off played as friends. It's like Gears with sci-fi technology thrown into it.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 The_Last_Ride
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]it's not the same dude, last time it was alright. People were angry because of the glitches. But nothing else compared to that. This time they are killing off parts of the site people have cared for during the last 10 years. MY union has existed in 8 years and it will be gone after this. We may get a forum, but anyone can ruin the mood and invade it without any problem and we wouldn't have control at allchicknfeet
Have they officially announced what they are adding to the new site other than stuff to the home page and reviews? From what i've seen and heard, they only gave the bad news to the community. Seems like you should wait to jump to conclusions until after they announce everything they're gonna do.

I am not jumping to conclusions when they have already stated that this is fact and going to happen. Now everything else might be fine and dandy, but to be honest i care most about unions on this site
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#167 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

Friends have told me that Fuse is better off played as friends. It's like Gears with sci-fi technology thrown into it.Metamania

Eh. Even co-op does little to remedy the boring, derivative gameplay. It's not worth playing. Total waste of time.

Though that isn't the Fuse MethodMan was talking about.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 MethodManFTW

[QUOTE="Metamania"]Friends have told me that Fuse is better off played as friends. It's like Gears with sci-fi technology thrown into it.c_rake

Eh. Even co-op does little to remedy the boring, derivative gameplay. It's not worth playing. Total waste of time.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Yeah, I was pretty confused there for a minute. :P
chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 chicknfeet
I am not jumping to conclusions when they have already stated that this is fact and going to happen. Now everything else might be fine and dandy, but to be honest i care most about unions on this siteThe_Last_Ride
I'm still optimistic that the system they're building will support a great alternative to the broken unions and dead UCB's
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 The_Last_Ride
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]I am not jumping to conclusions when they have already stated that this is fact and going to happen. Now everything else might be fine and dandy, but to be honest i care most about unions on this sitechicknfeet
I'm still optimistic that the system they're building will support a great alternative to the broken unions and dead UCB's

The broken unions are their fault, we have tried to get things in place for years
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 haziqonfire
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]I thought Fuse was terrible. I really like the concept, but the design and usibility was not so good imo. And I have to imagine the active # of people in unions has to be veeeeeeeeeery low compared to the total users of Gamespot.

I like Fuse for the live update for new posts in threads. That was it.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#172 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

[QUOTE="Metamania"]Friends have told me that Fuse is better off played as friends. It's like Gears with sci-fi technology thrown into it.c_rake

Oh THAT KIND of Fuse...

Yeah, my bad.

chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 chicknfeet
The broken unions are their fault, we have tried to get things in place for yearsThe_Last_Ride
Granted, but nothing to do about it now. I know how it is if you are working on someone else's project and they don't leave you any notes to work with. Can't really improve on someone's work if you can't follow their code or logic. Shame on whoever left them for the next person in such a bad state, but from my understanding, the new system they have built is more flexible for adding new modules.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 The_Last_Ride
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]The broken unions are their fault, we have tried to get things in place for yearschicknfeet
Granted, but nothing to do about it now. I know how it is if you are working on someone else's project and they don't leave you any notes to work with. Can't really improve on someone's work if you can't follow their code or logic. Shame on whoever left them for the next person in such a bad state, but from my understanding, the new system they have built is more flexible for adding new modules.

You still can't create any private boards or private communities in general
chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 chicknfeet
You still can't create any private boards or private communities in generalThe_Last_Ride
Still kind of silly to dismiss something before you get all of the information on it.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 The_Last_Ride
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]You still can't create any private boards or private communities in generalchicknfeet
Still kind of silly to dismiss something before you get all of the information on it.

Not when it destroys things you have held dear for almost a decade...
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 MethodManFTW

Mod squad you wanna lock this one up? ****

Weird.  Wonder why it would censor the thread title of a Gamespot thread..

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 c_rakestraw  Moderator

Not when it destroys things you have held dear for almost a decade...The_Last_Ride

Welcome to life: where nothing is fair and things you hold dear never last forever. Get used to it.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 The_Last_Ride

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]Not when it destroys things you have held dear for almost a decade...c_rake

Welcome to life: where nothing is fair and things you hold dear never last forever. Get used to it.

Well people are abondoning this site because of it, so it shows what people think of it
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 MethodManFTW
I bet the number of people leaving gamespot over the changes are EXTREMELY LOW compared to the total users of gamespot. most likely a worthwhile exchange to give gamespot modern tech.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 The_Last_Ride
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]I bet the number of people leaving gamespot over the changes are EXTREMELY LOW compared to the total users of gamespot. most likely a worthwhile exchange to give gamespot modern tech.

Not if you compare it to the people that post the most on this site and just casual users.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 MethodManFTW
I'm just talking user numbers.
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 c_rakestraw  Moderator

Well people are abondoning this site because of it, so it shows what people think of itThe_Last_Ride

I'll believe it when I see it. Rarely has anyone ever truly followed through on leaving. I expect this will be no different.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 The_Last_Ride

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]Well people are abondoning this site because of it, so it shows what people think of itc_rake

I'll believe it when I see it. Rarely has anyone ever truly followed through on leaving. I expect this will be no different.

i already know of three of the biggest unions leaving to other sites believe it or not. I don't know if you or the staff even cares, but i do
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
howd this thing get unstickied?
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 c_rakestraw  Moderator

howd this thing get unstickied?starwarsjunky

Didn't see the need to keep it stickied. It's barely getting any traffic up there, nor is it serving any useful function like the recommendation and remembrance threads. So I figure unstick and see how it fares.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]howd this thing get unstickied?c_rake

Didn't see the need to keep it stickied. It's barely getting any traffic up there, nor is it serving any useful function like the recommendation and remembrance threads. So I figure unstick and see how it fares.

jerk! :evil: [spoiler] :P [/spoiler]
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#188 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts
So did anybody pick up Rayman Legends this weekend (or plan to as I understand its out next week in USA)?
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Allicrombie
I was looking for the lounge at the top of the page for several seconds, lol.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Allicrombie
You know its not gonna get much traffic if its not on the first page, right? Who wants to go hunt for a lounge?
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 The_Last_Ride
But it's nice to have it and the regular people from this board post in it
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 c_rakestraw  Moderator

You know its not gonna get much traffic if its not on the first page, right? Who wants to go hunt for a lounge?Allicrombie

It started as a non-stickied thread and, as I recall, it did just fine, if not better. Don't see why it won't now.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 The_Last_Ride

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]You know its not gonna get much traffic if its not on the first page, right? Who wants to go hunt for a lounge?c_rake

It started as a non-stickied thread and, as I recall, it did just fine, if not better. Don't see why it won't now.

i think it should be, everyone knows where it is and can post in it if they want to
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 MethodManFTW
I've been in the PS3 lounge for years, through many stickies and unstickies... It makes zero difference as far as thread activity goes.
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 c_rakestraw  Moderator

I've been in the PS3 lounge for years, through many stickies and unstickies... It makes zero difference as far as thread activity goes.MethodManFTW

Exactly. If they can make it work, so can you guys.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 haziqonfire

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]You know its not gonna get much traffic if its not on the first page, right? Who wants to go hunt for a lounge?c_rake

This is how the OT Lounge has been in the Wii/Wii U board for a few years, it's worked out fine.
gpuFX16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 gpuFX16
Member since 2006 • 1296 Posts

So did anybody pick up Rayman Legends this weekend (or plan to as I understand its out next week in USA)?Garfield360UK

I really want to, but knowing how Origins fared in terms of pricing (it got cheaper quick), I think it'd be better to wait in this case. I'd like to get it day one, but I don'thave that kind of cash right now. (College books don't pay for themselves) 

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 The_Last_Ride
oh well, i don't know why you guys really insist on this. But i guess we have no choice
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#199 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
I was looking for the lounge at the top of the page for several seconds, lol.Allicrombie
Oh noes! How horrible of a person to do that to you. :P
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 The_Last_Ride
I think i might buy myself a vita tomorrow