GD Lounge- The Next Generation Edition

#251 Posted by Metamania (11870 posts) -

[QUOTE="Metamania"] I'm SO GLAD that I waited on the console port.MethodManFTW
You have a gaming PC? Nice.

I NEVER said that.

#252 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65919 posts) -
I definitely preordered PS4 along with Driveclub and Killzone Shadowfall. I will get BF4 and COD Ghosts for PC. I will eventually get Xbox One but Im waiting to see if they drop the Kinect from the Package. Plus I hope Microsoft pumps out some more exclusives. RimacBugatti
thinking of getting Driveclub aswell
#253 Posted by chicknfeet (15590 posts) -
Did i mention that i finally re-signed up for Steam?
#254 Posted by MethodManFTW (24972 posts) -

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="Metamania"] I'm SO GLAD that I waited on the console port.Metamania

You have a gaming PC? Nice.

I NEVER said that.

ooo
#255 Posted by Allicrombie (24820 posts) -

Been playing Diablo 3 on 360 lately and I'm having a blast. I'm SO GLAD that I waited for the console port. It looks great, it plays great, and it sounds great. I don't know if I'll attempt to beat the game on higher difficulties, but since I'm an achievement whore every now and then, I might just do that for the sake of getting those and feeling like I've accomplished something awesome. :)

Metamania
I'm really surprised how well it runs on console and how user friendly the UI is.
#256 Posted by BranKetra (46514 posts) -
Did i mention that i finally re-signed up for Steam?chicknfeet
I did something similar. I downloaded Steam on my new computer. I got a couple games I would not mind trading, too.
#257 Posted by Garfield360UK (19295 posts) -

Been playing Diablo 3 on 360 lately and I'm having a blast. I'm SO GLAD that I waited for the console port. It looks great, it plays great, and it sounds great. I don't know if I'll attempt to beat the game on higher difficulties, but since I'm an achievement whore every now and then, I might just do that for the sake of getting those and feeling like I've accomplished something awesome. :)

Metamania
The Quick Look of Diablo 3 over at Gaintbomb made the game look very impressive on consoles, the idea of using both analogue sticks intrigues me as well (in the way that when I play Hotline Miami I get frustrated with the keyboard and mouse controls sometimes, because the aim is not always where I am trying to point towards thus unnecessary deaths occur).
#258 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27797 posts) -
Did i mention that i finally re-signed up for Steam?chicknfeet
Took you long enough. :P
#259 Posted by starwarsjunky (24553 posts) -
[QUOTE="Metamania"]

Allicrombie
I'm really surprised how well it runs on console and how user friendly the UI is.

i find it hard to care about...
#260 Posted by chicknfeet (15590 posts) -
[QUOTE="chicknfeet"]Did i mention that i finally re-signed up for Steam?Yagr_Zero
Took you long enough. :P

I can't get anything yet since it's running from my HD through my laptop. I don't trust that darn laptop to run anything intense.
#261 Posted by BranKetra (46514 posts) -
Why is Star Wars: The Old Republic not on Steam?
#262 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65919 posts) -
Why is Star Wars: The Old Republic not on Steam?BranKetra
Bioware is under EA and EA doesn't want anything on Steam. They got Origin
#263 Posted by BranKetra (46514 posts) -

[QUOTE="BranKetra"]Why is Star Wars: The Old Republic not on Steam?The_Last_Ride

Knights of the Old Republic I and II are on Steam, though. Mass Effect 1 and 2 are as well.

#264 Posted by MethodManFTW (24972 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="BranKetra"]Why is Star Wars: The Old Republic not on Steam?BranKetra

Knights of the Old Republic I and II are on Steam, though. Mass Effect 1 and 2 are as well.

It started with Battlefield 3 I believe.
#265 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27797 posts) -
[QUOTE="chicknfeet"] I can't get anything yet since it's running from my HD through my laptop. I don't trust that darn laptop to run anything intense.

Well you could get Monaco. That game doesn't require much processing power.
#266 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65919 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="BranKetra"]Why is Star Wars: The Old Republic not on Steam?BranKetra

EA doesn't own those i believe, and KOTOR 2 was made by Oblivian i believe
#267 Posted by MethodManFTW (24972 posts) -
[QUOTE="BranKetra"]

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"] Bioware is under EA and EA doesn't want anything on Steam. They got OriginThe_Last_Ride

Obsidian. But yeah, EA published those. They didn't stop putting games on Steam until BF3 following the controversy of Crysis 2 being pulled from Steam.
#268 Posted by BranKetra (46514 posts) -

I understand. I do not really desire to get Origin. My reason for that is I do not know anyone in my friend circles using it.

#269 Posted by MethodManFTW (24972 posts) -
I wish every game was on the same service, but I understand why it isn't that way. It isn't really fair Valve gets a cut out of every single PC game sold just because they made the first good PC game delivery system. Origin is pretty solid in my opinion. You can broadcast to Twitch straight from the client, has faster download speeds than Steam.. Don't have very many compelling sales though. uPlay is pretty decent when it works. The first 12 hours of the Splinter Cell Blacklist launch were so frustrating because of that service! But normally it works just fine. Origin pulls data from 360 friends and PS3 friends for the Need for Speed games, which is a cool start. But a cross-platform cross-delivery service friends system would be pretty awesome.
#270 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65919 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="BranKetra"] Knights of the Old Republic I and II are on Steam, though. Mass Effect 1 and 2 are as well.

MethodManFTW

Obsidian. But yeah, EA published those. They didn't stop putting games on Steam until BF3 following the controversy of Crysis 2 being pulled from Steam.

damn i always mix those two :P. But they stopped everything else didn't they?
#271 Posted by MethodManFTW (24972 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"] EA doesn't own those i believe, and KOTOR 2 was made by Oblivian i believe

damn i always mix those two :P. But they stopped everything else didn't they?

They stopped putting out new games on Steam, all the old ones are still there.
#272 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65919 posts) -
Yeah that's what i thought. Not a big fan of Origin either. Steam at least has sales, cheap games and achievments
#273 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18296 posts) -
I still haven't played any of the games I bought during the steam sale.. trying to get through Heavy Rain before GTA 5 comes out, before that I beat Splinter Cell: Black List. GTA5 will keep me busy for a while, but still looking forward to picking my PS4 up on launch day witch a bunch of games.
#274 Posted by chicknfeet (15590 posts) -
This fell to the third page...the THIRD page. Is it really that dead here?
#275 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65919 posts) -
This fell to the third page...the THIRD page. Is it really that dead here?chicknfeet
No it's not dead here, it's just what i said was going to happen if it's not stickied
#276 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27797 posts) -
This fell to the third page...the THIRD page. Is it really that dead here?chicknfeet
Sort of. But thank God you're here! Now I didn't have to look that hard. :P
#277 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17545 posts) -
SKIPPABLE CUTSCENES IN KH REMIX yes thank god
#278 Posted by c_rakestraw (14459 posts) -

SKIPPABLE CUTSCENES IN KH REMIX yes thank godmrmusicman247

SOLD.

#279 Posted by MethodManFTW (24972 posts) -
Taking the bus back to my town tomorrow.. Meh. At least I got the bombcast and this new Janelle Monae album to keep my company this time. My stupid Vita won't connect to the router at my parents house.. Was thinking of buying Killzone Mercenary for the trip.
#280 Posted by chicknfeet (15590 posts) -
[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]SKIPPABLE CUTSCENES IN KH REMIX yes thank god

Was tempted to get this game, but i've already played the hell out of both games included in the package. Though...achievements are fun >_>
#281 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65919 posts) -
Thinking of getting a Vita tomorrow, don't know what games to get for it though
#282 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17545 posts) -
so i wanted to changes voices in KH Remix but apparently you have to beat the game first for that to be an option
#283 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27797 posts) -
New Indie Humble Bundle. Nice. :P
#284 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65919 posts) -
i have still yet to play a single KH game :(
#285 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27797 posts) -
i have still yet to play a single KH game :(The_Last_Ride
Shame on you!
#286 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65919 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]i have still yet to play a single KH game :(Yagr_Zero
Shame on you!

you're not going to like this either, i haven't played any FF game before X, never tried any Bioshock games. I haven't played any Zelda games. I have skipped All nintendo games for 2 generations. GTA IV, Portal 1 & 2, Half Life 1 & 2, Red Dead Redemption, Metal Gear Series(even though i watched a friend of mine play the first game), Ico, Shadow of the Colossus. I could continue, but people will just hunt me down and lynch me :(
#287 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27797 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"] you're not going to like this either, i haven't played any FF game before X, never tried any Bioshock games. I haven't played any Zelda games. I have skipped All nintendo games for 2 generations. GTA IV, Portal 1 & 2, Half Life 1 & 2, Red Dead Redemption, Metal Gear Series(even though i watched a friend of mine play the first game), Ico, Shadow of the Colossus. I could continue, but people will just hunt me down and lynch me :(

How aren't you lynched already? :P
#288 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65919 posts) -
[QUOTE="Yagr_Zero"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"] you're not going to like this either, i haven't played any FF game before X, never tried any Bioshock games. I haven't played any Zelda games. I have skipped All nintendo games for 2 generations. GTA IV, Portal 1 & 2, Half Life 1 & 2, Red Dead Redemption, Metal Gear Series(even though i watched a friend of mine play the first game), Ico, Shadow of the Colossus. I could continue, but people will just hunt me down and lynch me :(

How aren't you lynched already? :P

I'm Batman :3
#289 Posted by Garfield360UK (19295 posts) -
So I am curious to hear if anybody is planning to pick up GTA V at midnight launch or buying it day one?
#290 Posted by Metamania (11870 posts) -

So I am curious to hear if anybody is planning to pick up GTA V at midnight launch or buying it day one?Garfield360UK

My copy is already pre-ordered and paid off, but I won't be picking it up until sometime in the afternoon, after I am finished with volunteering at a soup kitchen for a good four hours or so.

#291 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65919 posts) -
Weee, got a Vita
#292 Posted by Allicrombie (24820 posts) -
So I am curious to hear if anybody is planning to pick up GTA V at midnight launch or buying it day one?Garfield360UK
still thinking about it.
#293 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17545 posts) -
i am
#294 Posted by MethodManFTW (24972 posts) -
I'm getting GTA V day one on PSN.
#295 Posted by chicknfeet (15590 posts) -
Nope, got burned playing GTA4...so looks like i'll be waiting for the inevitable price drop
#296 Posted by MethodManFTW (24972 posts) -
I got my first legendary in Diablo 3 last night! All the console buzz got me playing it on my PC again. Still pretty dang easy, but it's fun at least.
#297 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65919 posts) -
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]I got my first legendary in Diablo 3 last night! All the console buzz got me playing it on my PC again. Still pretty dang easy, but it's fun at least.

i just can't get myself to pick up the third one. Played the heck out the first one, managed to find some cheats and kill Diablo with 2 hits :P. Also played the second one. IT was fantastic. But the DRM on the pc is bs. I will get it on console if i ever will get it
#298 Posted by MethodManFTW (24972 posts) -
Do you not have a good internet connection?
#299 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27797 posts) -
So much Humble Bundle goodness!
#300 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65919 posts) -
Do you not have a good internet connection?MethodManFTW
Yeah i do, but i like to take my pc with me, and internet isn't always there when i take my laptop with me. Sure i have a stable connection at home, but i don't want the developers to tell me i can't play singleplayer without any connection, when it can do it just fine on the consoles