Best Controllers: Which Won?

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dcps210go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 dcps210go
Member since 2009 • 313 Posts

Hello everyone, I decided to post a quick history of controllers section here. The controllers I post are voted best and reason why.
Rather than doing an indepth controller article in my blog, which I mentioned about controllers now and again, i decided to make a quick reference
here on the message boards. From top to buttom are reasons:

• 1st Place~ Nes/sms/wii-best controller, simple light and easy to use. *c-l-a-s-s-i-c-s* are always the most durable.
  • 2nd- SNes=best button smasher controller/no flaws/A '3do' rip off! ;p
  • 3rd- n64 - last good controller and best unique design. Ground breaking, cheap joystick&accesories though (js too long). Def. best grip.
  • 4rth- The Dreamcast controller - last good non-complex controller, Too heavy though. The Saturn knights controller come reality. Best rumble feature and accesories as well.
  • 5th- Saturn/genesis (6-button) - best breakable or cheap/cheaply made controller+simple design and fun
  • 6th- The Xbox controller (small) - first good complex controller/best js accuracy/buttons too close together, slippery like its predessecer.
  • 7th- pc - gravis gamepad, wireless, microsoft sidewinder etc. All around good for certain games or to try.
  • 8th- gamecube - best wireless, best feel (has robotic feel), comfortable, playable for certain games
  • 9th- Playstation - best complex controller/best js grip/weird in palm area
  • 10nth- xbox 360 - best long-term wireless, too heavy and complex though (js alignment too high or too far apart), best rumble feature as well
  • 11th- jaguar - ...no

There you have it, nintendo knows its controllers with sega coming up second, then microsoft and sony. These designs are all imho still on next gen systems.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#2 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
Who voted? Dual Shock 2 is the best controller, btw.
Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

Who voted? Dual Shock 2 is the best controller, btw.BranKetra

This.

Nismology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 Nismology
Member since 2009 • 649 Posts

[QUOTE="BranKetra"]Who voted? Dual Shock 2 is the best controller, btw.Masenkoe

This.

Yeah, the Dualshock is the best, Nicest analogue sticks, comfortable to hold, long cable, durable, best D-Pad imo, built in rumble. Nes - too small, square corners Wii - bad for non motion based games N64 - has a terrible analogue stick that wears out Original Xbox controller S - bad placement of start/back buttons, buttons have convex surfaces that hurt you fingers if you're bashing them dreamcast - too big, nasty d pad, slippery hard plastic analogue stick 1.PlayStation Dualshock 2.SNES 3.Mega Drive/Saturn 4.Xbox 360 5.Game Cube 6.Wii 7.N64 8.NES 9.Xbox Controller S 10.Dreamcast / Xbox 'Duke'
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
SNES controller a 3DO ripoff? It's a joke right? SNES came out in 1990, 3DO in 1993
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

I agree with the others. Dual-Shock 2 for PS2 is the best controller out there. XBox, Saturn, and SNES rank pretty high up there for me, too.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#7 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

I agree with the others. Dual-Shock 2 for PS2 is the best controller out there. XBox, Saturn, and SNES rank pretty high up there for me, too.

Emerald_Warrior
that, tough Im not a fan of the Xbox controller, I agree with pretty much everything else.
kayoticdreamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 kayoticdreamz
Member since 2010 • 3347 Posts
i must be the only one that hates the ps1,2,3 controller. also dont like i cant turn off vibration and its just plain uncomfortable. 360 controller wins for me as far as comfort but the joysticks dont seem to stay centered i can tell i certainly could use new 360 controllers. as far as durablity. the gamecube wavebird wins and has a ridiculous battery life. and it is fairly comfortable too.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 branketra
i must be the only one that hates the ps1,2,3 controller. also dont like i cant turn off vibration and its just plain uncomfortable. 360 controller wins for me as far as comfort but the joysticks dont seem to stay centered i can tell i certainly could use new 360 controllers. as far as durablity. the gamecube wavebird wins and has a ridiculous battery life. and it is fairly comfortable too.kayoticdreamz
PS1 and 2 dual shocks have a button in the center that lights up to show vibration status. When the lights off, no vibration. The GC Wavebird is pretty good.
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

[QUOTE="kayoticdreamz"]i must be the only one that hates the ps1,2,3 controller. also dont like i cant turn off vibration and its just plain uncomfortable. 360 controller wins for me as far as comfort but the joysticks dont seem to stay centered i can tell i certainly could use new 360 controllers. as far as durablity. the gamecube wavebird wins and has a ridiculous battery life. and it is fairly comfortable too.BranKetra
PS1 and 2 dual shocks have a button in the center that lights up to show vibration status. When the lights off, no vibration. The GC Wavebird is pretty good.

That's the analog status that lights up, not the vibration function. Some games require it to be lit-up for analog sticks to work.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 branketra

[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="kayoticdreamz"]i must be the only one that hates the ps1,2,3 controller. also dont like i cant turn off vibration and its just plain uncomfortable. 360 controller wins for me as far as comfort but the joysticks dont seem to stay centered i can tell i certainly could use new 360 controllers. as far as durablity. the gamecube wavebird wins and has a ridiculous battery life. and it is fairly comfortable too.Emerald_Warrior

That's the analog status that lights up, not the vibration function. Some games require it to be lit-up for analog sticks to work.

I think you're right. It's been a while. What I was thinking of was that most PS1 compatible/PS2 games have a vibration option. The PS3 has a dashboard menu that can be accessed in game for that.
kayoticdreamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kayoticdreamz

[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="kayoticdreamz"] PS1 and 2 dual shocks have a button in the center that lights up to show vibration status. When the lights off, no vibration. The GC Wavebird is pretty good.Emerald_Warrior

I think you're right. It's been a while. What I was thinking of was that most PS1 compatible/PS2 games have a vibration option. The PS3 has a dashboard menu that can be accessed in game for that.

ive looked for this option and have not found it?
kayoticdreamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kayoticdreamz

[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="kayoticdreamz"]i must be the only one that hates the ps1,2,3 controller. also dont like i cant turn off vibration and its just plain uncomfortable. 360 controller wins for me as far as comfort but the joysticks dont seem to stay centered i can tell i certainly could use new 360 controllers. as far as durablity. the gamecube wavebird wins and has a ridiculous battery life. and it is fairly comfortable too.Emerald_Warrior

this is what bugs me most of the games require it on the ps2. my hand has been hurt several times and that vibration hurts it as to fast button mashing games like most fighters and bayonetta for example. so that being required sucks. sure back in the day when the rumble feature first came out it was ok but eventually it became annoying and now due to hand injuries it just blantantly sucks. one reason i like the 360 the most this gen i can turn that off the ps3 and wii you cant as far as i know?
M3tr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

#14 M3tr4nk0
Member since 2008 • 889 Posts

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

[QUOTE="BranKetra"] PS1 and 2 dual shocks have a button in the center that lights up to show vibration status. When the lights off, no vibration. The GC Wavebird is pretty good.kayoticdreamz

this is what bugs me most of the games require it on the ps2. my hand has been hurt several times and that vibration hurts it as to fast button mashing games like most fighters and bayonetta for example. so that being required sucks. sure back in the day when the rumble feature first came out it was ok but eventually it became annoying and now due to hand injuries it just blantantly sucks. one reason i like the 360 the most this gen i can turn that off the ps3 and wii you cant as far as i know?

You can turn it off in pretty much every PS1/PS2 game. Just go to the game's options and there should be a Vibration On/Off option. And you can with the Wii as well, just go to the Home Menu, Wii Remote Settings and set Rumble to Off.

M3tr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 M3tr4nk0

Anyway, the Dualshock 2 is probably my favorite too, even though the d-pad isn't the best, it still works well.

pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 pills4louis
Member since 2011 • 1331 Posts

5th- Saturn/genesis (6-button) - best breakable or cheap/cheaply

dcps210go

For a hopeless drooling kid who can't take care of his video game peripherals, maybe. My Genesis and Saturn controllers still work perfectly to this day.

kayoticdreamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kayoticdreamz

[QUOTE="kayoticdreamz"][QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

M3tr4nk0

You can turn it off in pretty much every PS1/PS2 game. Just go to the game's options and there should be a Vibration On/Off option. And you can with the Wii as well, just go to the Home Menu, Wii Remote Settings and set Rumble to Off.

ya i know some games let you do that but not all games. good to know about the wii though as that is the kind of option the ps3 is missing like the 360 has a go into the main settings turn it off. didnt know the wii had it. but ya thats the problem is it starts getting game dependent on the sony systems and its a minor thing but not always a chance i want to take.
kayoticdreamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kayoticdreamz

[QUOTE="dcps210go"]

5th- Saturn/genesis (6-button) - best breakable or cheap/cheaply

pills4louis

For a hopeless drooling kid who can't take care of his video game peripherals, maybe. My Genesis and Saturn controllers still work perfectly to this day.

nah the gamecube wins that match lol. mine when i had it survived endless falls while saving because clumsy mastiffs wanted to stumble there way to where i was. i seriously dont know how save data never got corrupted. and of course knowing it can take the abuse i certainly was probably less than careful lol. then again i know its unfair to compare nintendo product durablity to anything else.
d202116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19 d202116
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Are you kidding me?

Dreamcast and "best controller" shouldn't be in the same sentence together, how can a controller that was made AFTER the dual shock only have one analog stick?

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 branketra

Anyway, the Dualshock 2 is probably my favorite too, even though the d-pad isn't the best, it still works well.

M3tr4nk0

Yeah, that's the only bad thing about it that I can think of. I think the first DS has a better d-pad. As far as durability goes, anyway. To my memory, one of the Dual Shocks has the best d-pad.

[QUOTE="BranKetra"]
I think you're right. It's been a while. What I was thinking of was that most PS1 compatible/PS2 games have a vibration option. The PS3 has a dashboard menu that can be accessed in game for that.kayoticdreamz

ive looked for this option and have not found it?

As far as I remember, it's been in every game I've played on the PS1 and 2. For the PS3, it's easy. Just push the PS button in the center of the controller. A menu should pop up and one of the sub-menus is called "Controller Settings." It should be there.

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#21 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

Yeah I have to slightly disagree with the list. Here's how I rank controllers

1. PS1/ps2 Dualshock

2. Dreamcast

3. SNES

4. NES standard controller

5. Genesis 6button

6. Jaguar, Just kidding! I mean Genesis 3button

7. N64 (it would be higher, but they all seem to have analog stick issues)

amari24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#22 amari24
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts
  1. DualShock
  2. Genesis 3 button
  3. Atari 2600
  4. Saturn (model 2)
  5. SNES
  6. SMS
  7. TG-16
  8. Genesis 6 button
  9. NES
  10. Atari 7800
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

Personally my favorite controller of all time is the Playstation Duel Shock 2 followed by the Dreamcast controller

NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NiKva
Member since 2010 • 8181 Posts

The best controller is the Playstation controller. It's so good that the PS2 and PS3 both keep the same design.

kittensRjerks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kittensRjerks
Member since 2010 • 3802 Posts

Dual Shock 2 controller followed closely by the SNES controller

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#26 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

In all honesty, I don't think I agree with a single point on that list.

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

I personally think the Xbox 360 controller is perfect for my hands. Sony's dual-shock is absolutely amazing as well though. Out of the really retro systems, I would probabaly have to go for the Sega Genesis controller, again fit my hands very well.

magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 magnax1
Member since 2007 • 4605 Posts

I don't know why anyone would say the dualshock is the best. It's so damn tiny and the analog placement is terrible.

The_Wild_Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 The_Wild_Tiger
Member since 2006 • 1712 Posts

The best controller IMO is the Dualshock. It is just perfect for all genres of gaming (exept RTS maybe).

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 branketra

I don't know why anyone would say the dualshock is the best. It's so damn tiny and the analog placement is terrible.

magnax1

Size is one thing, the sticks are another. Having played many more FPS games on the Xbox and 360 than ps2, I'm more comfortable with that layout for those games.

Overall, the DS is better to me. I guess it's because I started on controllers with similar layouts, then the DS came out and was just an extension of the controller, rather than a redesign on where the buttons were.

NES, Sega Genesis, SNES, PS1, even gameboys have the same basic layout without the analog sticks. Some didn't, like the Dreamcast...then the Xbox with a very similar design to the DC. Maybe it's what you're familiar with.

martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

X-Box 360 Controller

Am I the only one that doesn't have trouble with the d-pad?

bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

who ever says dualshock never used a different controller other than the non analog ones.

its all about the gamecube layout

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 branketra

who ever says dualshock never used a different controller other than the non analog ones.

bigM10231
You mean like the Dreamcast? Or Xbox? Or...Gamecube?
bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts
[QUOTE="bigM10231"]

BranKetra

those all are anolog. just because they are in a different place doesnt mean they cant do what dualshock does
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 branketra
[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="bigM10231"]

bigM10231

those all are anolog. just because they are in a different place doesnt mean they cant do what dualshock does

Yes, but just because people can walk around doesn't mean they will if they can drive instead. Some people will. I like the Gamecube controller. Especially the Wavebird. It's one of the best controllers I've ever used. Dual Shock is better, though.
magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 magnax1

[QUOTE="magnax1"]

BranKetra

Size is one thing, the sticks are another. Having played many more FPS games on the Xbox and 360 than ps2, I'm more comfortable with that layout for those games.

Overall, the DS is better to me. I guess it's because I started on controllers with similar layouts, then the DS came out and was just an extension of the controller, rather than a redesign on where the buttons were.

NES, Sega Genesis, SNES, PS1, even gameboys have the same basic layout without the analog sticks. Some didn't, like the Dreamcast...then the Xbox with a very similar design to the DC. Maybe it's what you're familiar with.

I don't see how any of those have the same basic layout. They all, even the original PS1 controller, place the DPad across from the face buttons, and it's just more comfortable. The dualshock is basically the only controller ever I can think of that doesn't place the analog/Dpad across from the face buttons. I can stand the original PS1 controller, or playing on the dualshock with the Dpad, but playing FPS or using the analog sticks at all is just uncomfortale, and on top of that the controller just doesn't give you much to hold on to. It's just small, especially it's grips. The GC controller was a massive improvement to the same basic shape, and hopefully next generation Sony looks at it when designing their next controller.

harrumble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 harrumble
Member since 2011 • 26 Posts
I love the SNES pad for its elegant simplicity, the Dual Shock 2 just for being such a frick'n icon, and I have a huge soft spot for the asymmetrical grip on the n64 pad. That said, my favourite is probably to this day the Gamecube controller. That was a beautiful piece of kit, totally ergonomic and comfortable to hold, with a really intuitive button layout.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 branketra

[QUOTE="BranKetra"]

magnax1

I don't see how any of those have the same basic layout. They all, even the original PS1 controller, place the DPad across from the face buttons, and it's just more comfortable.The dualshock is basically the only controller ever I can think of that doesn't place the analog/Dpad across from the face buttons. I can stand the original PS1 controller, or playing on the dualshock with the Dpad, but playing FPS or using the analog sticks at all is just uncomfortale, and on top of that the controller just doesn't give you much to hold on to. It's just small, especially it's grips. The GC controller was a massive improvement to the same basic shape, and hopefully next generation Sony looks at it when designing their next controller.

You just answered your own question.

aa

aa

and then handhelds.

a

Finally, the Dual Shock:

a

You see?

As far as too small, I don't think it is. I don't have a problem with the analog placement, either. However, I do think the Dreamcast/Gamecube, Xbox design is better is better for first person shooters.

magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 magnax1

[QUOTE="magnax1"]

[QUOTE="BranKetra"]

BranKetra

I don't see how any of those have the same basic layout. They all, even the original PS1 controller, place the DPad across from the face buttons, and it's just more comfortable.The dualshock is basically the only controller ever I can think of that doesn't place the analog/Dpad across from the face buttons. I can stand the original PS1 controller, or playing on the dualshock with the Dpad, but playing FPS or using the analog sticks at all is just uncomfortale, and on top of that the controller just doesn't give you much to hold on to. It's just small, especially it's grips. The GC controller was a massive improvement to the same basic shape, and hopefully next generation Sony looks at it when designing their next controller.

aa

aa

and then handhelds.

a

Finally, the Dual Shock:

a

You see?

As far as too small, I don't think it is. I don't have a problem with the analog placement, either. However, I do think the Dreamcast/Gamecube, Xbox design is better is better for first person shooters.

I get what you're saying, but the dualshock is the only controller you posted, and only controller I can ever think of that didn't have the main analog/Dpad across from the face buttons. It's like they tried to attach analogs to a prexisting controller while ignoring the ergonomics.

magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 magnax1

[QUOTE="magnax1"]

[QUOTE="BranKetra"]

BranKetra

aa

aa

and then handhelds.

a

Finally, the Dual Shock:

a

You see?

I get what you're saying, but the dualshock is the only controller you posted, and only controller I can ever think of that didn't have the main analog/Dpad across from the face buttons. It's like they tried to attach analogs to a prexisting controller while ignoring the ergonomics.

Pegalamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pegalamp
Member since 2011 • 600 Posts
"OP HERE" I love how everyone lack any knowledge of the Jaguar Controller, The Nes Controller was utter crap and the 5200 Horizontal Stick was more confortable, the Snes controller was better but not best for button mashing and the button stick, the N64 Controller has no business at the top and should be near the bottom, The Original Xbox and the S controllers were good and not complex, Gamecube did not have best wireless, Dual Shock is complex? 360 controller is complex? Who the heck are these people and what were they smoking when they voted? Nintendo does not know its controllers, it's one thing they always failed at with the exception of the GC.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 branketra

magnax1

I could say the same about the Xbox's original controller.

There's the Wii retro controller.

a

It's not bad, but I wouldn't want it to be the main controller of a console.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="magnax1"]

BranKetra

if we are talking ergonomics, the Saturn controller is the best, but its impractical for any game with a heavy use of analog controls.

the 3D pad is fine for those, but its not very comfy (and is basically just a slightly more comfy DC pad)

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 branketra

[QUOTE="BranKetra"]

[QUOTE="magnax1"]

Darkman2007

if we are talking ergonomics, the Saturn controller is the best, but its impractical for any game with a heavy use of analog controls.

the 3D pad is fine for those, but its not very comfy (and is basically just a slightly more comfy DC pad)

To tell you the truth, I haven't played much on the Saturn. Except for Nights, but that was with the 3d pad, which was good. I know what you mean, though. I could say that the Saturn controller is comfortable. If I had to pick a best for that category, it would have to be the GC Wavebird. For the Gamecube's games, it's good.

M3tr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 M3tr4nk0

[QUOTE="magnax1"]

BranKetra

The C1assic Controller Pro is much better:

CC PRo

It's a great controller, the only issue I have with it is that the d-pad is somewhat unresponsive at times.

Seriously, I don't get why so many people love the GC controller. The C-stick is horrible and the d-pad is so small. It sucks for FPS's.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

[QUOTE="BranKetra"] I could say the same about the Xbox's original controller.

BranKetra

To tell you the truth, I haven't played much on the Saturn. Except for Nights, but that was with the 3d pad, which was good. I know what you mean, though.

Saturn controller is just an evolution on the Mega Drive pad, with the addition of shoulder buttons. and no , I don't mean the "Model1" controller that was sold in the US and Europe, I mean the "model2" controller which was what was sold originally in Japan and later in the US and Europe after Sega realised it was better.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 branketra

[QUOTE="BranKetra"]

[QUOTE="magnax1"]

M3tr4nk0

The C1assic Controller Pro is much better:

It's a great controller, the only issue I have with it is that the d-pad is somewhat unresponsive at times.

Seriously, I don't get why so many people love the GC controller. The C-stick is horrible and the d-pad is so small. It sucks for FPS's.

I wasn't playing fps on the GC. I had Mario, RE4, From Russia With Love, SSBM, Zelda, etc. Adventure, 3rd person games. I think it worked well for those.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 branketra

[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

Darkman2007

To tell you the truth, I haven't played much on the Saturn. Except for Nights, but that was with the 3d pad, which was good. I know what you mean, though.

Saturn controller is just an evolution on the Mega Drive pad, with the addition of shoulder buttons. and no , I don't mean the "Model1" controller that was sold in the US and Europe, I mean the "model2" controller which was what was sold originally in Japan and later in the US and Europe after Sega realised it was better.

Yeah, model2 is the one I was talking about. It's good. It's almost too comfortable.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="BranKetra"]To tell you the truth, I haven't played much on the Saturn. Except for Nights, but that was with the 3d pad, which was good. I know what you mean, though.BranKetra

Yeah, model2 is the one I was talking about. It's good. It's almost too comfortable.

good for most games at the time, but games like Burning Rangers, Croc, Nights, Manx TT Superbike, Shutokou Battle 97 , Daytona CE and others, do benefit from the analog controls on the 3D pad. actually Croc doesn't really control all that great with any controller , still decent though.