Best Controllers: Which Won?

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#51 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

[QUOTE="BranKetra"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] Saturn controller is just an evolution on the Mega Drive pad, with the addition of shoulder buttons. and no , I don't mean the "Model1" controller that was sold in the US and Europe, I mean the "model2" controller which was what was sold originally in Japan and later in the US and Europe after Sega realised it was better.Darkman2007

Yeah, model2 is the one I was talking about. It's good. It's almost too comfortable.

good for most games at the time, but games like Burning Rangers, Croc, Nights, Manx TT Superbike, Shutokou Battle 97 , Daytona CE and others, do benefit from the analog controls on the 3D pad. actually Croc doesn't really control all that great with any controller , still decent though.

I was mainly talking about the ergonomics. Like I said, I really didn't play many games on the Saturn. I don't even know any you mentioned besides Nights, Croc, and Daytona just because it's probably a NASCAR game.

murstdurst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#52 murstdurst
Member since 2003 • 330 Posts

My top 3 would probably look something like this:

1. Dualshock 3 (but also 1 and 2) best controller i have tried, but ds1 and 2 are as close as it get's

2. ps1 controller - best controller pre-analogue

3. xbox 360 - excellent controller minus the abysmal d-pad

the 2 worst controllers i have tried are the n64 and original xbox 1 controller... just bad all around imho.

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#53 doubutsuteki
Member since 2004 • 3425 Posts

The Genesis 6-button controller was cheaply built as opposed to the NES and SNES controllers? Oh, what a big difference. And here's one who has broken a few NES and SNES-pads but never a Genesis pad. Both the NES and SNES pads are unergonomic, as they're both completely flat. The NES pad is too small, brick-shaped, and the d-pad is crap on it, it's the same thing with the SMS controller, only its d-pad is even much worse, flimsy. The d-pad on the SNES pad is hardly better than the one on the NES, and the R and L buttons are prone to break.

Get real, this cannot be taken seriously.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#54 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

I've always been pretty fond of the Gamecube controller, it's very comfortable.

GAMBIT1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 GAMBIT1551
Member since 2010 • 384 Posts

Dualshock 2 and Gamecube Controller

TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#56 TheKungFool
Member since 2006 • 5384 Posts

[QUOTE="BranKetra"]Who voted? Dual Shock 2 is the best controller, btw.Masenkoe

This.

I actually replaced my Dual Shock 2's with the wireless PS2 paddles by Logitek, they're awesome!!!

And in my personal opinion, the N64 paddle is the worst controller in the history of gaming. I just hate it. Awkward, weird button placements, the analogue sticks wore out, and most importantly, the analogue stick was ina horridposition (again, my opinion only)

AwesomeKenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 AwesomeKenny
Member since 2010 • 375 Posts

I've always been pretty fond of the Gamecube controller, it's very comfortable.

Pixel-Perfect
I love the Gamecube controller too ^_^ but I like the SNES controller too :D
AmericanMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#58 AmericanMuffin
Member since 2010 • 51 Posts
Dreamcast would be my favorite if the D-Pad didn't kill my thumb
AmericanMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 AmericanMuffin
Member since 2010 • 51 Posts
What about the DS? That is the best controller if you ask me.
lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

[QUOTE="Masenkoe"]

[QUOTE="BranKetra"]Who voted? Dual Shock 2 is the best controller, btw.Nismology

This.

Yeah, the Dualshock is the best, Nicest analogue sticks, comfortable to hold, long cable, durable, best D-Pad imo, built in rumble. Nes - too small, square corners Wii - bad for non motion based games N64 - has a terrible analogue stick that wears out Original Xbox controller S - bad placement of start/back buttons, buttons have convex surfaces that hurt you fingers if you're bashing them dreamcast - too big, nasty d pad, slippery hard plastic analogue stick 1.PlayStation Dualshock 2.SNES 3.Mega Drive/Saturn 4.Xbox 360 5.Game Cube 6.Wii 7.N64 8.NES 9.Xbox Controller S 10.Dreamcast / Xbox 'Duke'

Agreed, at least on the dual shock and most of the other controllers. The Wii controller is terrible though (imo).