Use one of these for the Best of 2006 Emblem!

• 131 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 fastesttruck
Member since 2005 • 25353 Posts
Why the heck is everyone so upset about this? It's just a freaking emblem. Seriously, guys, there's more to Gamespot than emblems.Dutch_Mix
Yes but there is also a Unio nthat is all about Emblems, do you know how many of us love Emblems? I dont realy mind but I was hoping for it to look like it did in past yrs. and not be the I voted one just redone a bit.
earthking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#102 earthking
Member since 2003 • 12506 Posts
I like the middle one.
Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#103 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts
[QUOTE="Dutch_Mix"]Why the heck is everyone so upset about this? It's just a freaking emblem. Seriously, guys, there's more to Gamespot than emblems.Cheesebob57

People are upset over this because it's just pathetic how little amount of effort was put into this emblem. We're calling for a change, and one person even supplied GS with a replacement. Apparently it's too much work for them to swap out the image and the description.

Dude, it's an emblem. It says you voted. What else do you want? You're making too big a deal out of this.
Israfel856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Israfel856
Member since 2006 • 2483 Posts
Dude, they need to use the second one. It looks so cool.
nobodyshero87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 nobodyshero87
Member since 2006 • 22210 Posts
I prefer any of them over the "I Voted" one
vix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#106 vix
Member since 2003 • 2803 Posts
I prefer any of them over the "I Voted" onenobodyshero87
I second that. :)
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 fastesttruck
Any word from an Admin yet?
GTAps2SanA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#108 GTAps2SanA
Member since 2005 • 3716 Posts
The past two emblems have looked different... why can't we keep the tradition going?
Cheesebob57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#109 Cheesebob57
Member since 2004 • 1911 Posts
Any word from an Admin yet?fastesttruck
Psssh... no. Probably never going to happen either, GameSpot admins don't care about us who are calling for the change.
lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#110 lvlUNE3B
Member since 2006 • 3277 Posts
Any of the 3 would do the trick. I support!
sudantha8527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#111 sudantha8527
Member since 2005 • 1589 Posts
Those are pretty cool emblems man, hope thay chose one of your creations
123Dan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#112 123Dan123
Member since 2003 • 14078 Posts
Wow I'm surprised an Admin hasn't even posted in here yet.
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#113 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
I like the ones you made a lot more than the actual one they gave us...
johndoh4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#114 johndoh4
Member since 2003 • 1743 Posts
I like the second one he made with the lion in it. The one Gamespot created looks too much like the "Voted Twice" emblem, and doesn't specify what exactly its for.
Heretic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Heretic
Member since 2002 • 308 Posts

I like the second one the best, but any of them is 100 X better than the BS that's being pulled now.

This kind of laziness will not be tolerated Gamespot. If you can't reward properly (and an individual emblem is asking so freaking much, right?) the people who take the time to participate in your annual "best of" then you don't deserve the community and you certainly don't deserve the subscription fees that many of us are paying.

Not to mention that for those of us who have already collected the 2004 and 2005 emblems its going to look perpetually stupid as the years go by and we have emblems celebrating the 2004 and 2005 "best of's" but not successive ones.

Do the right thing and fix the emblem.

Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Dutch_Mix

I like the second one the best, but any of them is 100 X better than the BS that's being pulled now.

This kind of laziness will not be tolerated Gamespot. If you can't reward properly (and an individual emblem is asking so freaking much, right?) the people who take the time to participate in your annual "best of" then you don't deserve the community and you certainly don't deserve the subscription fees that many of us are paying.

Not to mention that for those of us who have already collected the 2004 and 2005 emblems its going to look perpetually stupid as the years go by and we have emblems celebrating the 2004 and 2005 "best of's" but not successive ones.

Do the right thing and fix the emblem.

Heretic

"Don't deserve the community?"

I'll tell you what Gamespot doesn't deserve. A community that whines and complains about the shape and size of a particular emblem. You act like you spent all day trying to choose who got your vote in the Reader's Choice awards, when in reality it probably only took you and every other Gamespot member ten minutes to finish voting. You voted, and for doing such you received an emblem. And what the heck does your comment on subscription fees have to do with anything? All of the members on Gamespot had the chance to vote.

So why don't you, and the rest of the people here stop complaining and just move on with your lives. It's the middle of February for goodness sakes. Let it go.
Heretic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Heretic

I'll tell you what Gamespot doesn't deserve. A community that whines and complains about the shape and size of a particular emblem. You act like you spent all day trying to choose who got your vote in the Reader's Choice awards, when in reality it probably only took you and every other Gamespot member ten minutes to finish voting. You voted, and for doing such you received an emblem. And what the heck does your comment on subscription fees have to do with anything? All of the members on Gamespot had the chance to vote.

So why don't you, and the rest of the people here stop complaining and just move on with your lives. It's the middle of February for goodness sakes. Let it go.
Dutch_Mix

You got it bub. Don't deserve the community.

Why don't YOU accept that this isn't just about an emblem, but an incredible lack of anything resembling effort on Gamespots part, and stop whining and complaining about legitimate dissent in the face of that laziness.

That's right, you quit the whining and complaining, since you and the other thread crappers are the only ones actually doing it.

Thank you kindly.

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#118 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts

[QUOTE="Dutch_Mix"]

Heretic

Why don't YOU accept that this isn't just about an emblem, but an incredible lack of anything resembling effort on Gamespots part, and stop whining and complaining about legitimate dissent in the face of that laziness.

That's right, you quit the whining and complaining, since you and the other thread crappers are the only ones actually doing it.

Thank you kindly.

On the whole, most people don't care about emblems. Of course, there are always people who care and don't like certain ones. With every emblem that gets released, there is always going to be people who don't like it. Fair enough, if you don't like it and would prefer a different one but again, you talk about the community. The majority of the community couldn't care less about what emblems they get, they just feel happy that they got one. Appartently the Gamespot offices have been a very busy place lately so they might have not had the time to make a brand new emblem. The fact is, they still done made an emblem because they care enough to do so. However, if they are busy, emblems are the last thing they will care about. What if they are working on something major to benefit the whole community? That would benefit more people than the select few that want a different emblem.
Heretic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Heretic

What if they are working on something major to benefit the whole community? That would benefit more people than the select few that want a different emblem.
Caddy06_88

I would hope that even if Gamespot were working on the next manhattan project of videogame website design/content that changing the graphic on an emblem (especially when the work has already been done for them by one of their members) wouldn't disrupt that project and send their efforts for the future of the website into the bowels of hell. But maybe I'm just giving them too much credit. Perhaps they really CAN'T walk and chew gum at the same time.

More to the point, I find it incredibly ironic that some have suggested that the reason Gamespot can't respond to this one small issue, that they can't do such a simple task properly, that they lazily gave us a copy of an emblem that already existed rather than a unique 2006 one (again, when it had already been created for them), is because they're SO DAMN BUSY doing things that "actually matter". So, the defenders of Gamespots laziness confront the undeniable evidence of that laziness with an assumption and/or speculation that the laziness is excusable because they must be doing better, more important things.

Evidence of laziness vs Speculation that the reason they're being lazy is because they're busy not being lazy.

If you're willing to abandon all logic, than the latter position is clearly for you!

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 caddy

[QUOTE="Caddy06_88"]
What if they are working on something major to benefit the whole community? That would benefit more people than the select few that want a different emblem.
Heretic

I would hope that even if Gamespot were working on the next manhattan project of videogame website design/content that changing the graphic on an emblem (especially when the work has already been done for them by one of their members) wouldn't disrupt that project and send their efforts for the future of the website into the bowels of hell. But maybe I'm just giving them too much credit. Perhaps they really CAN'T walk and chew gum at the same time.

More to the point, I find it incredibly ironic that some have suggested that the reason Gamespot can't respond to this one small issue, that they can't do such a simple task properly, that they lazily gave us a copy of an emblem that already existed rather than a unique 2006 one (again, when it had already been created for them), is because they're SO DAMN BUSY doing things that "actually matter". So, the defenders of Gamespots laziness confront the undeniable evidence of that laziness with an assumption and/or speculation that the laziness is excusable because they must be doing better, more important things.

Evidence of laziness vs Speculation that the reason they're being lazy is because they're busy not being lazy.

If you're willing to abandon all logic, than the latter position is clearly for you!

Like i said in my previous post, its only a very small fraction of people on GameSpot that actually care about emblems, most don't. Also, perhaps they don't like users submitting emblems to be used, they may have something against it. I don't know what the reasons are but its not a big issue unless you love emblems, and like i say, very few do. GameSpot didn't even have to make an emblem for this but they did. I just don't think you should complain this much. No matter what GameSpot do, there are always people unhappy with it, no matter what the changes are.
Heretic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Heretic

Like i said in my previous post, its only a very small fraction of people on GameSpot that actually care about emblems, most don't.Caddy06_88

I'm not interested in more excuses for Gamespots laziness. The fact that some people don't care about emblems is not a legitimate reason for Gamespot to do something this stupid.

I just don't think you should complain this much. No matter what GameSpot do, there are always people unhappy with it, no matter what the changes are.
Caddy06_88

The entire point of this thread is to register our dissent with Gamespot for their lack of effort. You're the one who's complaining about this thread.

By all means though, keep repeating the same debunked arguments and help us keep this thread bumped.

Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Dutch_Mix

[QUOTE="Dutch_Mix"]

Heretic

Why don't YOU accept that this isn't just about an emblem, but an incredible lack of anything resembling effort on Gamespots part, and stop whining and complaining about legitimate dissent in the face of that laziness.

That's right, you quit the whining and complaining, since you and the other thread crappers are the only ones actually doing it.

Thank you kindly.

You still don't seem to understand, kid. This is about an emblem that Gamespot gave to us for voting in the Reader's Choice award. The validity of your point on the supposed "laziness" of Gamespot would hold some weight had Gamespot not given us an emblem. But they did. The only thing you seem to care about here is how a particular emblem looks in your profile, which I quite honestly find absurd.

In addition, Caddy_08 makes a good point. Not everyone here believe emblems are the difference between life and death. A large majority of the people on this site could care less about emblems which is probably why no administrators are posting in this thread.
RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#123 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts
well this thread has gone a little OTT...seriously it is just an emblem...it really doesn't matter...gamespot really should have given more effort and actually given us at least a decent looking emblem but ultimately it doesn't matter...they dnt really have any effect on our lives..they're totally irrelevant in the end...i would much rather they concentrate on the union upgrades personally...they can change the stupid emblem appearance later when they're done with that stuff if ppl continue to moan i guess...as it's not like it'd take long at all to do...but for now it really isn't important...
Heretic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Heretic

You still don't seem to understand, kid. This is about an emblem that Gamespot gave to us for voting in the Reader's Choice award. The validity of your point on the supposed "laziness" of Gamespot would hold some weight had Gamespot not given us an emblem. But they did. The only thing you seem to care about here is how a particular emblem looks in your profile, which I quite honestly find absurd.

In addition, Caddy_08 makes a good point. Not everyone here believe emblems are the difference between life and death. A large majority of the people on this site could care less about emblems which is probably why no administrators are posting in this thread.
Dutch_Mix

Half your post is a straw man, and the other half has already been debunked.

I have half the emblems you do and I could care less. For me this about getting a good value for the subscription fee I pay and not just sitting there and saying nothing while the site turns to laziness and crap.

Gamespot did not give us an emblem for the 2006 Best Of, they gave us a copy of an old emblem that is pathethic looking and the decision to do so was obviously made so that they can be even more lazy in the future.

All you've been doing for several pages now is complaining about this thread, assailing those who have voiced their legitimate dissent and regurgitating defeated arguments.

Thanks for the bump, kid.

Heretic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Heretic

well this thread has gone a little OTT...seriously it is just an emblem...it really doesn't matter...gamespot really should have given more effort and actually given us at least a decent looking emblem but ultimately it doesn't matter...they dnt really have any effect on our lives..they're totally irrelevant in the end...i would much rather they concentrate on the union upgrades personally...they can change the stupid emblem appearance later when they're done with that stuff if ppl continue to moan i guess...as it's not like it'd take long at all to do...but for now it really isn't important...robbristow

Yes, its just an emblem, but its starting to look indicative of a trend.

I don't even expect for this to be corrected, but it's the principle of the thing to me, and I'm certainly not going to back down to apologists for Gamespots laziness.

Darkside5675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#126 Darkside5675
Member since 2007 • 1041 Posts
it doesn't effect me since I didn't get one, but they does look alot better.
anamnawshad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 anamnawshad
Member since 2003 • 5067 Posts
Any of these 3 emblems is better than the one GS gave us. I am really disappointed by the emblem GS gave.....:(
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 fastesttruck
I would say a lot of use are disappointed with the Emblem GS gave us for the Best of 06 this year.
Ryo_Kensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#129 Ryo_Kensen
Member since 2005 • 3480 Posts
I hope an admin will reply here, rather it's good or bad news.
LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#130 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
I hope an admin will reply here, rather it's good or bad news.Ryo_Kensen
Why? This is already a done deal. The "Vote 2006" emblem is not going to change.
cmhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 cmhawk
Member since 2003 • 16494 Posts
[QUOTE="Ryo_Kensen"]I hope an admin will reply here, rather it's good or bad news.LTomlinson21
Why? This is already a done deal. The "Vote 2006" emblem is not going to change.

hardly a big job 4 them 2 just change it to 1 of the better images that were made 4 them 4 free tho. also its a shame that gs think that only males wud b able 2 get the biological warfare emblem by putting in the description '... This user spreads the GameSpot virus among the masses, infecting the Internet with gaming goodness wherever he travels....' but well soz gs but i got that emblem and last time i checked i wasnt a he....
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 caddy

[QUOTE="LTomlinson21"][QUOTE="Ryo_Kensen"]I hope an admin will reply here, rather it's good or bad news.cmhawk

hardly a big job 4 them 2 just change it to 1 of the better images that were made 4 them 4 free tho. also its a shame that gs think that only males wud b able 2 get the biological warfare emblem by putting in the description '... This user spreads the GameSpot virus among the masses, infecting the Internet with gaming goodness wherever he travels....' but well soz gs but i got that emblem and last time i checked i wasnt a he....

If GameSpot were going to change the emblem they probaly would have done it before now. About the other issue mentioned, i didn't notice that before. I would have thought GameSpot would have put "they" and i agree that it shouldn't just be "he" as there are female users on this website, however that is off topic for this thread.

cmhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 cmhawk
Member since 2003 • 16494 Posts

[QUOTE="cmhawk"][QUOTE="LTomlinson21"][QUOTE="Ryo_Kensen"]I hope an admin will reply here, rather it's good or bad news.Caddy06_88

If GameSpot were going to change the emblem they probaly would have done it before now. About the other issue mentioned, i didn't notice that before. I would have thought GameSpot would have put "they" and i agree that it shouldn't just be "he" as there are female users on this website, however that is off topic for this thread.

yeah i very much doubt anything wud b changed - for both of the things ive mentioned. i was just saying that it wud hardly b much trouble for them - as the replacement image was already made 4 them.
yian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#134 yian
Member since 2003 • 5166 Posts

This is actually very simple, if you think about it:

If an admin comes here and say "I agree with you guys. But we will not change the emblem," this shows community's suggestion has no effect on Gamespot, and that's of course bad for business.

If an admin comes in and say "alright then, let's use these ones instead of ours," this shows that Gamespot community can influence the way emblems work, and Gamespot certainly doesn't want to see that happen, because it will make the emblems feel less precious, less privileged. Just look at how hard Nintendo and Sony try to crack down their console from being sold before the official release date, and you know what I mean: hype and anticipation makes a product better than it really is, and a company should do everything it can to exploit that, including Gamespot. Besides, the admin and the designer work in the same place. Why would one of them come in and start bashing his co-worker?If any admin is looking at this thread right now, it is probably the one who designed the emblem, just like John Romero looking at the hate mails from Daikatana "fans." No admin will come here and "commit a crime when the camera is on."

If an admin comes in and say "I don't agree with you guys. The current emblem look great!" Now that is just lying, and even if that admin truly meant what he say, it is the equivalent of someone come in and say "Half-Life 2 really deserve a 2.5 score instead of 9.2." Any defense of the current will make them look bad.

If an admin locks the thread, well, you know what happens. That's pretty much the loudiest way of saying "in your face" to whoever have agreed with the thread starter in this 7-page thread.

So the point is, the admins cannot do anything right now. Just let it rest. I believe Gamespot has gotten the message. Have you guys consider the possibility that maybe different people designed different emblems? Seeing all the complaints, Gamespot will just slowly assigning the task to the person that made better emblems in the past. And we will all be happy.

Kevin-V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#135 Kevin-V
Member since 2006 • 5418 Posts

Thanks for your feedback. We're pleased that emblems have become so popular that our community wishes to improve them, and we'll consider your suggestions. However, we ask that you remember that emblems are rewards we like to provide our users for being involved with the site in various ways, and I am surprised that some of you would critique their design to the point of insult, rather than enjoy their presence in your profile as a reminder of how you helped improve GameSpot. Such harsh critiques compromise the very spirit of them.

Unless we announce otherwise, emblems--like most visual content on the site--will be designed by our highly talented graphic design team, who provide us with lovely emblems each and every time.