The Emblem Reporting Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JodyR
Member since 2005 • 16454 Posts

didFor those of you who don't know, there are many types of emblems but I consider them as two different categories; automated and manual.

1) Automated emblems are handed out when you use the site in a certain way. It can be anything from being popular, the types of console platforms you own, tagging content, video you upload and much more. Unions are also under this category. Automated emblems can often disappear from your profile. If you have noticed that a certain emblem has been gone for 24 hours you can report your problem in this thread.

2) Manual emblems are normally given out from attending a live broadcasts, participating in tournaments, winning a contest and other related events. These emblems can be automated in the sense of coding (where no staff need to manually add them) but they can be handed out if there was a problem happening during the time of the broadcast or event. However, automated usage of the site emblems cannot be handed out manually so this is why they are considered as manual emblems.

As mentioned in the Knowledgebase under "I am missing an emblem, what should I do?":

GameSpot emblems are a privilege. We do not hand out emblems if you happen to miss out on an opportunity to receive one. If you did not receive an emblem for watching a broadcast there is most likely a reason for this. This may occur if you did not watch broadcast stream long enough.

IMPORTANT! Please wait 24 hours before reporting your problem in this thread if it's an automated emblem. Customer Support should only be contacted if you have a problem with a manual emblem and once again, wait 24 hours before contacting them that your emblem is missing. Even then you are more likely notgoing toreceive the emblem unless there is a valid reason or if there is a known bug and many others are having the same problem.

ATTENTION:

What do the emblems look like?
If you are uncertain what some of the emblems look like, check out fastesttruck's emblem thread.

I didnt receive the PS3 or Wii launch emblem
If you didn't receive one before, this was considered a closed case months ago. Sorry, we will not be handing out any emblems for these broadcasts. Read the final response here regarding this topic.

I didnt receive the Hour of Victory emblem
You just missed the boat. We had a problem report thread for reporting that you did not receive this emblem but the reporting thread is now closed, and this also means this case is consideredclosed much like the PS3 or Wii Launch emblems.

I participated in the first scavenator and didn't receive the brown scavenator emblem
The brown scavenator emblem was NOT received if you happened to participate in the first scavenator. This emblem was only handed out if you provided feedback as per CraigB's instructions in the contest forum months ago.

Yay! I received a cake emblem or pie emblem! What is this about?
The Cake or Pie emblems are only temporary. Enjoy them while you can!

How come I didn't receive an E3 related emblem?
We did not have any technical difficulties during the press conferences this year. If you did not receive one, you did not meet the requirements needed to receive an E3 related emblem.

fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 fastesttruck
Member since 2005 • 25353 Posts

See my blog for the current update on E3 Emblem issues and where we are at. An Update on the E3 Emblem issues

ABOUT THE E3 EMBLEMS. IF YOU HAVE NOT YET POSTED AND YOU ARE MISSING ONE, WAIT UNTILL FRIDAY BEFOR POSTING.I AM WORKING ON GETTING A LIST READY TO SEND TO JODY, THERE FOR IF YOU HAVE POSTED ABOUT THE E3 EMBLEM, DO NOT EDIT YOUR POST AS I WILL NOT BE CHECKING BACK AFTER I GET DONE WITH A PAGE.

****NOTE TO ADMINS****

I'll PM Jody with a link when I am done getting the list made. This way it saves her time. Sam will be helping me with it. Or I'll PM another Admin if Jody does not have the time.

Im going to try to keep a list of who claims they are missing what Emblems. At some point I'll make a topic in The Emblems Union to keep all this but for now I'll keep it in this post.

USER NAME ------------- EMBLEM MISSING

Click on the Spoiler tag to see past issues that are now fixed.[spoiler]

formula1racer ---- scavenger emblem#2 &Sailing the seas of artistryTechnosaprotrophAvatar in a bottle!FIXED

Posted on May 16, 2007 12:18 am ET

shockwave04 ------- Virtually There: Wii LaunchVirtually There: Wii LaunchFIXED

Posted on May 21, 2007 7:33 pm ET

icstars2 -----------Virtually There: PlayStation 3 LaunchVirtually There: PlayStation 3 LaunchFIXED

Posted on May 25, 2007 7:10 pm ET

adolfobaja --------- Virtually There: PlayStation 3 Launch& Virtually There: Wii LaunchVirtually There: PlayStation 3 LaunchVirtually There: Wii LaunchFIXED

Posted on May 29, 2007 8:02 pm ET

shanman31 ---------- Brain Bust Know-It-AllFIXED.

Posted on May 30, 2007 1:51 pm ET

[/spoiler]

Just a basic update for right now.

sfgiantsfan8291------- Lord of the Rings (Still waiting for a Reply from user) = taken care of - JodyR

Knight_of_Malta-------- Evil Genius (Still waiting for a Reply from user)

jazminisgreat----------- Wii (Still waiting for a Reply from user)

patno77----------------- Lord of the Rings (Still waiting for a Reply from user) = taken care of - JodyR

Rossuron---------------- PS3 (User has a srceen shot, I still have to take a look at it)

nemes1s3000---------- PS3 & Regular Gumshoe (Still waiting for a Reply from user)

dumbgrim -------------- scavenger emblem#2 (Still waiting for a Reply from user)

billy918 ---------------- scavenger emblem#2

Postedon Jun 1, 2007 11:47 pm ET

EcoJak------------------ A scavenger Emblem. (Not sure which one yet)

ootp2003--------------- Wii & PS3 & BaseBall

Posted on Jun 2, 2007 2:35 am ET

Dzjaansis--------------- Lord of the Rings (Still waiting for a Reply from user) = taken care of - JodyR

Last Edit:

*Added a few Maybes to the list. Still needto review the topic more to find some info out. Still need to review topic for replys from some users. (Some users have replyed and others have not.) Only a few more posts to take a look at and its all done.Im going to have to move this list to the Emblems Union when I get out of school.*

FernandoDANTE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#3 FernandoDANTE
Member since 2004 • 1616 Posts
Well, I don't know if this is a valid isue, but my Emblems constantly come and go, every week.
formula1racer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 formula1racer
Member since 2007 • 6075 Posts
I am missing my scavenger emblem, I also contacted Customer support about the issue, I played the game all the way through and beat it on the first time, and I also never recieved the avatar designer emblem.
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 fastesttruck

Well, I don't know if this is a valid isue, but my Emblems constantly come and go, every week.FernandoDANTE
If its the Below Emblems, they do that almost every day.

Good TastePlayStation 2 Aficionado and the Tagger one.

If you are talking about those 3, then no, its not realy a valid issue. GameSpot knows of the issue but the Emblems come back with in a day or so. If you lose an Emblem that is NOT related to games or tagging, then it may be an issue that may not fix its self.

I am missing my scavenger emblem, I also contacted Customer support about the issue, I played the game all the way through and beat it on the first time, and I also never recieved the avatar designer emblem.formula1racer
For the Avatar one, did you post 3 or more avatars that were still there when they locked the topic? Some went away due to high bandwidth, Thus if they didnt see 3 or more, you wouldnt have gotten the Emblem.
formula1racer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 formula1racer

[QUOTE="FernandoDANTE"]Well, I don't know if this is a valid isue, but my Emblems constantly come and go, every week.fastesttruck

If its the Below Emblems, they do that almost every day.

Good TastePlayStation 2 Aficionado and the Tagger one.

If you are talking about those 3, then no, its not realy a valid issue. GameSpot knows of the issue but the Emblems come back with in a day or so. If you lose an Emblem that is NOT related to games or tagging, then it may be an issue that may not fix its self.

I am missing my scavenger emblem, I also contacted Customer support about the issue, I played the game all the way through and beat it on the first time, and I also never recieved the avatar designer emblem.formula1racer
For the Avatar one, did you post 3 or more avatars that were still there when they locked the topic? Some went away due to high bandwidth, Thus if they didnt see 3 or more, you wouldnt have gotten the Emblem.

yup, sure did.
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fastesttruck
Can you find what page your post is on? if you can, Take a screen shot of your post so you have easy proof ;)
formula1racer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 formula1racer
nope, I cant find it now, looked and looked, but I also tried to find my score for the scavenger game also and I cant find that either, have contacted Admins and CS and nobody will help me, so i am just going to give up
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 fastesttruck
I'll see if I can find your post for you some how. As for the Game Time, Im not sure how or where to find that at. Can you take Screen Shots? If you can, be sure you do that for Events so you have clear proof ;). Giving up wont get you anywere.
formula1racer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 formula1racer
you are right, but I dont want be antagonistic, I contacted customer support and I am currently appealing thier decision and hopefully wil obtain a positive result
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fastesttruck
Well I couldnt find your post in the Icon topic. I've added what your issue is in the 2nd post here of this topic. Ok so your appealing thier decision? Good Luck with that ;)
formula1racer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 formula1racer
Well I couldnt find your post in the Icon topic. I've added what your issue is in the 2nd post here of this topic. Ok so your appealing thier decision? Good Luck with that ;)fastesttruck
thanks ;)
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts
I had the one for watching the Nintendo Wii launch party, but lost it soon after.  I've forgotten about it till now.
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 fastesttruck
Do you by some hope, have a srceen shot of you viewing the Feed or of the Emblem in your Profile? But it sounds as if you got it by mistake and then it fixed itself and left your profile then.
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 shockwave04
Nope no screenshot. I was watching it because the GameStop I got my Wii at wasn't doing a midnight launch. If they don't belive me oh well. I've only been a total access member since 2002 :wink: lol
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fastesttruck

How long did you view the feed for? It had to be most of the event and if the player droped the feed, the counter re set itself and made many people not get the Emblem. Also, being a TA member doesnt give you a better chance of re getting the Emblem.

I'll add you the the 2nd post ;)

shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 shockwave04
Also, being a TA member doesnt give you a better chance of re getting the Emblem.I'll add you the the 2nd post ;)fastesttruck
lol yeah I know that. I watched almost the whole thing with no connection breack.
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fastesttruck
As in more than 75% of it? I never did find out how long we needed to veiw it for the Emblem but I assume that it would need to be atleast 75% or more to get the Emblem.
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 shockwave04
I missed like the first 20 minutes.
icstars2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 icstars2
Member since 2006 • 12385 Posts

I watched all ( or i think all ) of the ps3 launch. i was there when it went live and i was there when it ended

But i dont have a screen-shot because i dont know how to do one.

I remember the old thread that had alot of people saying i didnt get ___ launch emblem. But it had so many people i didnt think that if i posted saying that i didnt get my ps3 launch emblem even though i watched it i would have a chance of getting the emblem that i should have gotten.

I saw the PS3 launch but didnt get my emblem is there any way i can still get it?

Thanks. :)

fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 fastesttruck

I missed like the first 20 minutes.shockwave04

Not sure why you lost it then :? But the PS3 and Wii Emblems where very messed up at the time.

I watched all ( or i think all ) of the ps3 launch. i was there when it went live and i was there when it ended

But i dont have a screen-shot because i dont know how to do one.

I remember the old thread that had alot of people saying i didnt get ___ launch emblem. But it had so many people i didnt think that if i posted saying that i didnt get my ps3 launch emblem even though i watched it i would have a chance of getting the emblem that i should have gotten.

I saw the PS3 launch but didnt get my emblem is there any way i can still get it?

icstars2
Was it in one full stream, or did you have to restart the feed at all? Like I said befor, the Wii and PS3 Emblems were VERY picky and many did not get them that should have them, and some got the Emblem but they should not have.
icstars2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 icstars2

Was it in one full stream, or did you have to restart the feed at all? Like I said befor, the Wii and PS3 Emblems were VERY picky and many did not get them that should have them, and some got the Emblem but they should not have.fastesttruck
Yeah it was one full stream i didnt have to restart it.

fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fastesttruck
Alright, I'll add your name to the list then ;)
icstars2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 icstars2

Wow that was fast!

adolfobaja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#25 adolfobaja
Member since 2003 • 677 Posts
have a question about some emblems that i never get,,ps3 ans wii live emblem both i saw in live and the hole event not just a piece so why i never get the emblem, also about the new emblem for watching the live event of the demo of hour of victory when is going to appear in our profiles thkss
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 fastesttruck

Did you watch them while they were Live? if not, then you would not have gotten the Emblems in the first place.

As for the HoV Emblem, about a week or so and we should have it. If you dont get it, wait about 2 weeks after they are first given out, then come here and report that you did not get the Emblem.

adolfobaja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 adolfobaja

Did you wacht them while they were Live? if not, then you would not have gotten the Emblems in the first place.

As for the HoV Emblem, about a week or so and we should have it. If you dont get it, wait about 2 weeks after they are first given out, then come here and report that you did not get the Emblem.

fastesttruck

yes I saw both events on live, i remember spent a lot of time watching to countdown until each event start from the  beginning to the end..aslO i Saw one situation a few weeks ago one friend i know never get the emblem of ps3  (he saw the event on live) now few months later he request i think in support now he have the emblem..hope you can help me

shanman31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 shanman31
Member since 2003 • 1511 Posts
I participated in the brainbuster tournament and never received the emblem. Why?
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 fastesttruck
adolfobaja alright I'll add your name to the list.
I participated in the brainbuster tournament and never received the emblem. Why?shanman31
I wonder why. Well I'll add your name.
adolfobaja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 adolfobaja

adolfobaja alright I'll add your name to the list.[QUOTE="shanman31"]I participated in the brainbuster tournament and never received the emblem. Why?fastesttruck
I wonder why. Well I'll add your name.

thks men For your support :)

gagan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 gagan21
Member since 2003 • 2115 Posts
Hi Gamepot :). i watched the entire live feed of the Ps3 and and Wii launch , but i never got my emblems :(, i was disconnected a couple of times coz i was having some problems with my router that time , but i reconnected and got back into the event and watched the entire ps3 and wii launch event live,and i never got those emblems :(. i hope that i get those emblems  :wink:.
YoZbaNaToR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 YoZbaNaToR
Member since 2006 • 5022 Posts

Hello. My thanks and appreciation to the people who have created this Forum and given an opportunity to all GameSpot members who have been "unintentionally" missed out. In my case, I would like to report a problem concerning the HoV emblem. I know I shouldn't be reporting it now, but I would like to report that I was going to watch it. The thing is, I set a reminder and stayed up late till 2:00 a.m here just to get a chance to watch it. 4 p.m PT is 2:00 a.m EEST here. I signed in and entered the page but IE kept popping up with: "Page cannot be found". I stayed up till 4:00 a.m (believe it or not) just hitting refresh! Alas, the problem repeated itself. I know the problem has nothing to do with my PC nor my Internet connection. Every other site worked fine and normal (fast), but it was only the Live Show that was giving me errors. I am 100% sure. I have no idea if this error was because of too many people watching it or anything else. But I'm sure it's GameSpot related.

If you think I'm exaggerating or lying it's fine by me. I know that if I was, I wouldn't post my problem at all, causing you any problems and waisting your time for something I don't deserve. For the Admins: I hope you have ways to prove my above statements.

Hope you understand. Thank You.

Avatar image for sfgiantsfan8291
sfgiantsfan8291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 sfgiantsfan8291
Member since 2005 • 12011 Posts
I watched the LoTR one but didnt receive the emblem, it did glitch up and kick me out of the feed a couple times so maybe that was the problem. I do think i watched enough of it to receive the emblem.
Avatar image for Knight_of_Malta
Knight_of_Malta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 Knight_of_Malta
Member since 2005 • 4781 Posts
I dint know Jody was on charge of emblems. Well, my missing emblem is the 666 Trivia emblem ( Evil Genius). I managed to get the score twice in a legit way, yet I never got it. This was a while back.
betamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 betamon
Member since 2006 • 306 Posts

Hi,

Just wondering how long you need to watch a live event for in order to receive an emblem? Because I was pretty late to the LotR live feed and was only able to watch about the last half-hour or so--maybe a bit more. But would that be enough? 

Thanks

jazminisgreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 jazminisgreat
Member since 2005 • 1033 Posts
Yea, I too didn't get my Wii emblem. I watched it all night and nada. I wasn't disconnected or anything like that.
patno77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 patno77
Member since 2005 • 255 Posts
I never got the Lord of The Rings Online live feed emblem for some reason. I watched the whole thing live, and i even watched it again a few days later. Could it be because i watched it from a different computer?
Rossuron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Rossuron
Member since 2003 • 473 Posts
I followed what Jody put about placing a request in for the Manuel Emblems, however, just to cover my tracks, I shall post here. I, like others, saw the PS3 launch event and I even took a screen shot of it. URL - http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/7787/ps3launchbq6.png
Mehfuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 1

#39 Mehfuz
Member since 2005 • 10290 Posts
We are missing Outlier emblem, is this a bug?
nemes1s3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 nemes1s3000
Member since 2004 • 2176 Posts

I am actually missing 2 emblems if you don't mind, one is the PS3 Virtually There (it was the only event that I could attend) and the other emblem is Regular Gumshoe. If it's too much of a hassle to do then no worries, thanks anyhoo. ;)

[EDIT]

These two.

P.S. I would've said I'm missing a third emblem (Hour of Victory) but alot of people are saying I should wait a week.

msudude211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 msudude211
Member since 2006 • 44517 Posts
I'm missing the first Scavenator one. I've talked to you about it on numerous occasions, so should I still post my reasoning here?
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 fastesttruck
Hi Gamepot :). i watched the entire live feed of the Ps3 and and Wii launch , but i never got my emblems :(, i was disconnected a couple of times coz i was having some problems with my router that time , but i reconnected and got back into the event and watched the entire ps3 and wii launch event live,and i never got those emblems :(. i hope that i get those emblems  :wink:.gagan21
You were discounnected, therefor did NOT do what was needed for the Emblem. Even if you got kicked b/c of an error, you would have have gotten the Emblem. Sorry, but no way to help you there now :|

Hello. My thanks and appreciation to the people who have created this Forum and given an opportunity to all GameSpot members who have been "unintentionally" missed out. In my case, I would like to report a problem concerning the HoV emblem. I know I shouldn't be reporting it now, but I would like to report that I was going to watch it. The thing is, I set a reminder and stayed up late till 2:00 a.m here just to get a chance to watch it. 4 p.m PT is 2:00 a.m EEST here. I signed in and entered the page but IE kept popping up with: "Page cannot be found". I stayed up till 4:00 a.m (believe it or not) just hitting refresh! Alas, the problem repeated itself. I know the problem has nothing to do with my PC nor my Internet connection. Every other site worked fine and normal (fast), but it was only the Live Show that was giving me errors. I am 100% sure. I have no idea if this error was because of too many people watching it or anything else. But I'm sure it's GameSpot related.

If you think I'm exaggerating or lying it's fine by me. I know that if I was, I wouldn't post my problem at all, causing you any problems and waisting your time for something I don't deserve. For the Admins: I hope you have ways to prove my above statements.

Hope you understand. Thank You.

YoZbaNaToR
Yes IE was getting an Error on Page. Copying the link into the URL box and hitting ENTER, got the feed to work just fine. There is nothing that can be done if you got an Error on Page for the full event, b/c you didnt watch the event. (Yes I know it is not your fault)
I watched the LoTR one but didnt receive the emblem, it did glitch up and kick me out of the feed a couple times so maybe that was the problem. I do think i watched enough of it to receive the emblem.sfgiantsfan8291
  Being Kicked would lead to you not getting the Emblem. How much of it did you see?
I dint know Jody was on charge of emblems. Well, my missing emblem is the 666 Trivia emblem ( Evil Genius). I managed to get the score twice in a legit way, yet I never got it. This was a while back.Knight_of_Malta
Got a Screen Shot?

Hi,

Just wondering how long you need to watch a live event for in order to receive an emblem? Because I was pretty late to the LotR live feed and was only able to watch about the last half-hour or so--maybe a bit more. But would that be enough? 

Thanks

betamon
Nope, 1/2 hour would not have been long enough to get the Emblem, sorry.
Yea, I too didn't get my Wii emblem. I watched it all night and nada. I wasn't disconnected or anything like that. jazminisgreat
You saw it start to finish?
I never got the Lord of The Rings Online live feed emblem for some reason. I watched the whole thing live, and i even watched it again a few days later. Could it be because i watched it from a different computer?patno77
Were you logged into your account at the time of the live feed?
I followed what Jody put about placing a request in for the Manuel Emblems, however, just to cover my tracks, I shall post here. I, like others, saw the PS3 launch event and I even took a screen shot of it. URL - http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/7787/ps3launchbq6.pngRossuron
I'll review the shot and report back with an answer ;)
We are missing Outlier emblem, is this a bug?Mehfuz
Most likly Yes. Give it a day or so and it should be back. If not, it could be from you rating  newer games.

I am actually missing 2 emblems if you don't mind, one is the PS3 Virtually There (it was the only event that I could attend) and the other emblem is Regular Gumshoe. If it's too much of a hassle to do then no worries, thanks anyhoo. ;)

[EDIT]

These two.

P.S. I would've said I'm missing a third emblem (Hour of Victory) but alot of people are saying I should wait a week.

nemes1s3000
Did you see it from start to finish? As for the Regular Gumshoe, Emblem, you needed to post good feedback in a topic over on the GameSpot Contests Fourms. Did you do that?
msudude211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 msudude211
Member since 2006 • 44517 Posts

I am missing:

-Scavenator (the first one)
-LOTRO Marathon
-HoV (I know it hasn't been released, see below)

SCAVENATOR
For the Scavenator, I played the game, entered very good feedback before the deadline, and I did not get the emblem. All the details of why I should get this emblem have already been posted
here. Here is the feedback I gave on the Scavenator beta:

"Good work. I like how the game spans all game systems and genres so that you have to be reading up on all of your video game information to do well.

The only negative thing I can think of are the same questions every time. Questions should be alternating, because if you found the answers from another user, it is really easy to cheat and get a good score. Maybe make 3 or so different sets of questions would be good. Also, as mentioned, a bonus round would be great in order to make up for slow page loading times. Changing the icons on each page to look like the game, or something of the sort, would also look very nice. In all, it is a very innovative way to get members involved, and with some slight tweaking, it could become a great addition to everyday Gamespot. "

Then check this out. I posted it here awhile ago:

"I especially thought I might get it because these users got it, and I wrote just about the same amount... they wrote 7 and 8 lines, whereas mine was 9.

Darrogamer06 wrote:

Hey, just tried out the Scavenator Beta and have to say it is pretty cool that there is something new on the site that we can use but there are a few problems with it: Like other people said, it would be pretty easy to cheat in his game because you can get the answers from other people hence you will easily go through the game and cheat your way to the top. Some of the clues are fine but others don't really necessarily make sense but that is probably just me being an idiot. If you can't figure out what a game is from certain clues then you should have the option of skipping that one and go onto the next game. Maybe have a 30-45 second penalty, as I think 60 is a bit too much. Other than that, nice job with it and look forward to it for the full version to come out soon.

Mr_Doom212 wrote:

To me, the game was quite difficult. The clues that are given in the beggining made no sense to me (Because I am not a fan of certain games). I also think there should be bonus rounds to earn your time back. Also, on one of your Final Fantasy 12 hints, I couldn't find the emblem, so I used my hint and it was in the FF12 "Hints and Cheats" section.....ok....on the first two hints it did not say anything about visiting the cheats section (The other ones were all on the front page of the game or board). PLEASE add bonus rounds to earn more time! The game would be much more fun! And a choice of "theme scavenger hunts" would be good (Like you choose a category like 360, PC, PS3, Wii, etc, and the search would be based on the platform you choose(For example, I found the searches based on the PC Games hard. But the 360 ones were ok!).But other then that, I think this game could be real fun...

To answer your question, fastest, these users posted at 9:00 AM ET, March 16th, and got the emblem, I posted on March 16th, also, at 9:38 PM ET. Which means that we posted on the same day, so if they were inside the deadline, so was I."

That ends all I have for the Scavenator emblem.

LORTO MARATHON
For the LOTRO marathon, I watched the first 30 or 45 minutes, kept my computer and the event running, and came back and watched about the last half an hour. I know I saw the whole feed because when I came back, the feed was still running from the previous forty five minutes I watched this. I have spoken to Fastest a few times about this problem and he told me he would talk to an administrator to try to get me the emblem (this can be seen
here, and here), but no progress has been made yet. He also sent me a PM askin for my favorite parts of the feed that I watched, and I PMed him back with about 2 or 3 paragraphs describing everything down to the glitches at the start of the marathon. :P

HoV FEED
Now onto the HoV feed. As another user said - the issue was not that I watched the whole thing through and didn't get anything (I know the emblem isn't out yet), but I tried to watch the feed and I kept getting the IE error message. I tried to get  the feed to work for more than a half an hour after it started to no avail, which was very frustrating to me, especially because I pay almost forty dollars a year for Total Acess. I posted a thread
here and here with my problems in case you would like to see them. I hope you have some way to verify how many times I tried to watch the feed.

Thanks for all your help,
msudude211

nemes1s3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nemes1s3000
Member since 2004 • 2176 Posts

Did you see it from start to finish? As for the Regular Gumshoe, Emblem, you needed to post good feedback in a topic over on the GameSpot Contests Fourms. Did you do that?

For the PS3 Virtually There emblem - I watched the entire thing, missed the first 5 - 6 minutes of it. For the Regular Gumshoe emblem, what do I have to do? If it's too much hassle then foegit about it. ;)

dumbgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 dumbgrim
Member since 2006 • 133 Posts

this emblem of mine is missing :(

and i played the scavenger game but i did not get this emblem Technosaprotroph

is it possible that i can still get it

riversswe24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 riversswe24
Member since 2006 • 105 Posts
Hi, i have some problems with my Emblems. It's the: Old-school, Serious Collector & PC Aficionado. They usually go down now and again, but now they've been gone for almost this whole week !??...just wondering what's going on?

Sorry if i missed any announcements about this!
jazminisgreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 jazminisgreat
Member since 2005 • 1033 Posts
Hi, i have some problems with my Emblems. It's the: Old-school, Serious Collector & PC Aficionado. They usually go down now and again, but now they've been gone for almost this whole week !??...just wondering what's going on?

Sorry if i missed any announcements about this!riversswe24
Read the 5th post and yes I did watch the movie from start to finish but no screenshot though.
riversswe24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 riversswe24
Member since 2006 • 105 Posts

[QUOTE="riversswe24"]Hi, i have some problems with my Emblems. It's the: Old-school, Serious Collector & PC Aficionado. They usually go down now and again, but now they've been gone for almost this whole week !??...just wondering what's going on?

Sorry if i missed any announcements about this!jazminisgreat
Read the 5th post and yes I did watch the movie from start to finish but no screenshot though.

I guess i have to wait and see what happens!? and i know they go down now and again, but mine disappeared almost a week ago and i havent seen them since, lol... And usually when they go down they also go down for my friends that have the same emblems, but they have theirs? Anyways, i hope they return next week, or else i'm getting worried for real, haha :lol: