The article, "10 things to make the PS3 worth buying" to be retracted.

• 171 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Animeninja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Animeninja7
Member since 2005 • 169 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6167180/index.html

I am shocked that journalists, especially GS, will go this far just to make the PS3 look bad.

After Sony's victory at GDC, this article just suddenly popped up. I question their intention yet only lead them of being biased.

This article should kindly be removed.

For all users, be civil as possible.

-Antisocial-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 -Antisocial-
Member since 2003 • 372 Posts

I'm also a bit shocked. Not sure what else I'm feeling at the moment; mixed reactions. Still some effort has been put into the article. Even if it's not taken down, some parts really need to be edited. Way too blunt and/or unjustified. Especially on the Home service which is still not out yet so no one knows how it works in practice, yet is being criticised on. I found "Sony needs to rip off Xbox Live" to be really offensive.

Edit: As the internet doesn't portray tone very well, I'm not bashing GS at all. I am just expressing concern about the article.

KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 KeyWii
Member since 2006 • 4884 Posts
Signed. Concern expressed.

I think there needs to be either some clean-up or a title change, not a retraction.
dodgefate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dodgefate
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
s!gn

I feel the same about all this
Zeke129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 Zeke129
Member since 2003 • 11176 Posts
I also sign. If they retract the article, I will also retract my latest blog post bashing the article and replace it with a formal apology to the Gamespot editors and moderators.

"Tipping Point" is totally unnecessary and unprofessional.
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
i see nothin wrong with the article and agree with some of it myself
_ChIcKeN_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 _ChIcKeN_
Member since 2003 • 251 Posts
Signed.

After this big anouncements i still dont know what people want more...
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KeyWii
Member since 2006 • 4884 Posts
I also sign. If they retract the article, I will also retract my latest blog post bashing the article and replace it with a formal apology to the Gamespot editors and moderators.

Zeke129
I read your blog, great work man.
NeoZurg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NeoZurg
Member since 2003 • 5587 Posts

Its an editorial. And what's wrong with airing their grouses? As a customer you HAVE to demand more. That's the power of the customer. Instead of complaining about biasness and such, why don't you hope that Sony considers this and improves upon or brings more features in the future.

Really, its the customers that dictate the corporations. NEVER the other way around

WeAreToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WeAreToast
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts
If PS3 copies Live, it'll bring more controversy between cows and lemmings.
Evolutions999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Evolutions999
Member since 2006 • 129 Posts
Signed.
Avatar image for GoodContributor
GoodContributor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GoodContributor
Member since 2007 • 872 Posts
Signed with a frown.
Zeke129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Zeke129
If PS3 copies Live, it'll bring more controversy between cows and lemmings.WeAreToast
And that's why the comment was so insulting. Sony is attempting totally original (for consoles) things with their new Home system, and Gamespot does nothing but bash it. The article was just a fancy way of saying "Xbox360 is better than the PS3", and nothing more.
Avatar image for ParasiteEveLust
ParasiteEveLust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ParasiteEveLust
Member since 2005 • 1545 Posts
Signed. The article should be removed.
Guyzea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Guyzea
Member since 2005 • 1276 Posts
What is wrong with the article??
There is nothing wrong with it.
Leave it be.
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts
Editorial titled '10 things to make the PS3 worth buying' lists 10 things they would like to happen to make the PS3 worth buying.

I can certainly see your issues with it:roll:
MGSFan27285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 MGSFan27285
Member since 2004 • 850 Posts
sugned, i find this highly offensive i mean i have never seen them do anything like htis for any other system and now their trying to get people to not buy a ps3? i want to kick them in the balls
Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Skylock00
Member since 2002 • 20069 Posts

Zeke129
Sorrry to say this, Zeke, but I read over your blog entry, and...no offense by this, but several of your points seem either misguided, misinformed, or simply baseless. Clever satire, but a notable portion of the content really just isn't as valid or accurate as you think it is.
Zeldas_Daddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zeldas_Daddy
Member since 2006 • 124 Posts
Are people really into achievements? I have a 360 and couldn't care less about them, yet GS makes them out to be the cats pajamas. Like achievements are going to win the console war or something. As far as exclusives go, yeah Sony has lost some but I don't see that many 360 exclusives that look that great. Other than Gears and Mass Effect there aren't really any that I am looking forward to. Plus Sonys first party games are much better, imho. The trophy room doesn't really interest me too much but a lot of Home seems pretty cool and unique, at least on a console. And the price thing always kills me. The 20 GB is 500, only 100 more than a premium 360 (which is the proper comparison in terms of features) and includes free online play and a next gen movie player.
Crazy87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Crazy87
Member since 2005 • 2900 Posts
signed
T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 T-Zone
Member since 2003 • 4525 Posts
The only problems I had with that article is the comments that accompany it. It spelled MS fans all over it. I agree with some parts of it though, except with the HOME part.
Zeke129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Zeke129
[QUOTE="Zeke129"]I also sign. If they retract the article, I will also retract my latest blog post bashing the article and replace it with a formal apology to the Gamespot editors and moderators.

Skylock00
Sorrry to say this, Zeke, but I read over your blog entry, and...no offense by this, but several of your points seem either misguided, misinformed, or simply baseless. Clever satire, but a notable portion of the content really just isn't as valid or accurate as you think it is.

I never really claimed it to be an insightful editorial into how Gamespot works. And the reason I will issue an apology is because it was, well, rude. I made it clear that it was just satire, really nothing more.
klabut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 klabut
Member since 2006 • 3264 Posts
People must not be aloud to express their opinions anymore without biased fanboys disagreeing with it.:roll:
Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Skylock00
I never really claimed it to be an insightful editorial into how Gamespot works. And the reason I will issue an apology is because it was, well, rude. I made it clear that it was just satire, really nothing more.
Zeke129
Perhaps, but I'm pretty sure that a sizable portion of readers might take it as more literal than you might've have meant for it to be taken.
DrHyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#25 DrHyde
Member since 2003 • 584 Posts
I'll sign. I think looking into the faults and potential improvements of the PS3 is good, but the approach that GS did was wrong.
SmokeMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SmokeMonster
Member since 2006 • 98 Posts
sign
megadeth78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 megadeth78
Member since 2005 • 2676 Posts
I'll sign. I think looking into the faults and potential improvements of the PS3 is good, but the approach that GS did was wrong.DrHyde
QFT Sign.
arcSE7EN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 1

#28 arcSE7EN
Member since 2007 • 250 Posts
im in, signed.
P_BaBy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 P_BaBy
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
signed
ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ToScA-
Member since 2006 • 5782 Posts

Remove what they feel is their own personal opinion?

Sorry, it doesn't sound logical to me.

Sexy_FFVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Sexy_FFVII
Member since 2006 • 903 Posts

Signed... How could they write this?

Right after Sony's GDC big momment...

I don't understand... I'm trying so hard not to say that they're biased because I just got suspended for doing so... but wow...

menr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 menr
Member since 2005 • 97 Posts
sign....this time i think GS went too far
Yazu13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#33 Yazu13
Member since 2005 • 5185 Posts
I agree.
ajthelegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 ajthelegend
Member since 2003 • 418 Posts
Signed....
Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Skylock00

I don't understand... I'm trying so hard not to say that they're biased because I just got suspended for doing so... but wow...

Sexy_FFVII
Well, GS really isn't as biased as many people claim, because it seems like every year, people accuse them of being biased for someone else. I remember back when the PSP and DS came out, everyone claimed that GS hated Nintendo, was biased for Sony, and that prepetuated for quite some time, regardless of what happened.
Solid_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Solid_Fish
Member since 2006 • 270 Posts
They sohuld remove the article NOW. Such a low move putting that article up just when the system is about to launch. GS yo dissapoint me. Buuu!!!!!!
Demigodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Demigodz
Member since 2006 • 419 Posts
SIGNED
Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Skylock00
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]3picuri3
If you want to post an opinion opposing others here, that's fine, but calling people names and such isn't going to keep things civil.
chriscbeck05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 chriscbeck05
Member since 2003 • 127 Posts
signed
Sexy_FFVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Sexy_FFVII
[QUOTE="Sexy_FFVII"]

Skylock00
Well, GS really isn't as biased as many people claim, because it seems like every year, people accuse them of being biased for someone else. I remember back when the PSP and DS came out, everyone claimed that GS hated Nintendo, was biased for Sony, and that prepetuated for quite some time, regardless of what happened.

But right now after GDC, things should be looking up for the PS3... then all of the sudden they write the article. I'm a lost for word here.
Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Skylock00
[QUOTE="Sexy_FFVII"] But right now after GDC, things should be looking up for the PS3... then all of the sudden they write the article. I'm a lost for word here.

I simply think you're making too big of a deal over this matter, as are a lot of other people, IMHO.
thmst30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 thmst30
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts
[QUOTE="Skylock00"][QUOTE="Sexy_FFVII"] But right now after GDC, things should be looking up for the PS3... then all of the sudden they write the article. I'm a lost for word here.

I simply think you're making too big of a deal over this matter, as are a lot of other people, IMHO.

LOL, of course you do. Your a mod on their site, you have to protect them no matter what.
Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Skylock00
[QUOTE="thmst30"][QUOTE="Skylock00"][QUOTE="Sexy_FFVII"] But right now after GDC, things should be looking up for the PS3... then all of the sudden they write the article. I'm a lost for word here.

LOL, of course you do. Your a mod on their site, you have to protect them no matter what.

No, that's not the case at all. I seriously think that people are blowing this stuff out of proportion because I've seen this sort of sweep of 'bias talk' repeatedly, and it ultimately resolves as being little more than hot air, time and time again.
Sexy_FFVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Sexy_FFVII
[QUOTE="Skylock00"][QUOTE="Sexy_FFVII"] But right now after GDC, things should be looking up for the PS3... then all of the sudden they write the article. I'm a lost for word here.

That's fine. But we're going here each day to actually find some light for the PS3, then this happened... It's belittling, I tell you.
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
[QUOTE="thmst30"][QUOTE="Skylock00"][QUOTE="Sexy_FFVII"] But right now after GDC, things should be looking up for the PS3... then all of the sudden they write the article. I'm a lost for word here.

We do? I've never been anything but outspoken when they do something wrong, unfair, or whatever, yet I'm a L4 mod. :| They're not paying us for this. We're still forum posters. We're still allowed to have opinions. And the only thing I see wrong here is the way people are overreacting to an editorial. It's hardly the first time they've done it... writing an editorial like this, and people overreacting. I was referring to both, yes.
xboxshenron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#50 xboxshenron
Member since 2005 • 194 Posts
signed
wasnt need after GDC