What Gaming Franchise needs to Die?

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 x8VXU6
Member since 2008 • 3411 Posts

Im looking at 3D sonic games, they just suck plain and sample but I loved the 2D ones :D

Gamer-Dude-1-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Gamer-Dude-1-
Member since 2009 • 316 Posts

Need for speed there just getting boring now.

billyd5301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 billyd5301
Member since 2008 • 1572 Posts

Im looking at 3D sonic games, they just suck plain and sample but I loved the 2D ones :D

x8VXU6
Didn't X-Play just do this 15 minutes before you posted your thread?
buttslaya617z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 buttslaya617z
Member since 2009 • 233 Posts

Guitar Hero.

Avatar image for RAMRODtheMASTER
RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RAMRODtheMASTER
Member since 2009 • 8107 Posts
Sonic, Megaman, Halo (after the first game it went downhill), and WWII games (can't we move on to Vietnam and milk that for all it's worth)
RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RAMRODtheMASTER

Need for speed there just getting boring now.

Gamer-Dude-1-

Guitar Hero.

buttslaya617z
I agree with these too.
Oniresurrect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 Oniresurrect
Member since 2003 • 968 Posts

Sonic, Megaman, Halo (after the first game it went downhill), and WWII games (can't we move on to Vietnam and milk that for all it's worth)RAMRODtheMASTER

Indeed Magaman just died when it became 3D same with sonic, can't say much about halo I fell asleep playing the first one every time I tried.

RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RAMRODtheMASTER

[QUOTE="RAMRODtheMASTER"]Sonic, Megaman, Halo (after the first game it went downhill), and WWII games (can't we move on to Vietnam and milk that for all it's worth)Oniresurrect

Indeed Magaman just died when it became 3D same with sonic, can't say much about halo I fell asleep playing the first one every time I tried.

I liked the first Halo. Halo 2 was a meh situation and Halo 3 just downright disappointed me.
DEATH775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#9 DEATH775
Member since 2005 • 4216 Posts
I agree guitar hero
gameboy343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gameboy343
Member since 2005 • 1024 Posts

i'm gonna be cool and follow the crowd by saying guitar hero, and sonic. as to my own opinion, i'd like to see just about every extremely popular gaming franchises die.

x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 x8VXU6

[QUOTE="x8VXU6"]

billyd5301

Didn't X-Play just do this 15 minutes before you posted your thread?

Yeap

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

I don't think franchises should die...I think they should just get better. I would love to play a new sonic game that is fun.

Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
Oh Guitar Hero is played out, and Super hero games usually suck pretty bad so they need to cut back on those as well.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

To me no gaming franchises need to end because there are people that actually enjoy them. If a game gets made that I don't want, I just ignore it. I'm not sure why these games bother you guys so much but whatever to each his own I suppose.

narog84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 narog84
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts

two worlds is getting a sequel no idea why

Oniresurrect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#16 Oniresurrect
Member since 2003 • 968 Posts

I guess by majority we should be asking what games need to have there developers rewrite or even take a different look at what is being over played or has already been done to death. The truth in the matter here though is we are all just talking about it an no one including me will ever really do much about these games and there issues, all in all its fun to see that some people agree on what needs to change.

TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts
Guitar hero and pokemon god dang i Dont know how many pokemon games they made but its too damn much
jclem43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 jclem43
Member since 2009 • 39 Posts
No way, i think you're both wrong, halo is frankly the best multiplayer franchise in the world in my opinion. Whilst I agree the campain is meh, whatever, kill some stuff, story = pretty crap and while the cutscences are actually exciting (e.g. happy to finish that, lets see what we do next), but it just did'nt have the power of a good book, that you don't want to put down. And I think people say its going down hill is cow dung! Go play halo 1, then halo 2, then halo 3 (then odst, but have'nt played it yet), you notice the gameplay and graphics and story all get better, come on bungie staff are not god's. I think the only series I got sick of was star wars for Ps2, but Shrek was boring and the super hero ones always sucked.... but I have'nt played a huge amount of games.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
Halo and Fable...sequels seem to be getting worse.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#21 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
Sonic. they keep trying; and keep failing...
SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SilentSoprano
Member since 2007 • 4446 Posts

Sonic, Megaman, Halo (after the first game it went downhill), and WWII games (can't we move on to Vietnam and milk that for all it's worth)RAMRODtheMASTER

How the hell did it go downhill? I can understand not liking the 2nd and 3rd as much, but it's not like they sucked terribly.

jclem43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jclem43
Well then your crazy, there are'nt many good games, and you want the good ones to stop? WE can play on Warrhammer batlle march 2? Or Marvel Alliance 3. Or super sonic tenis 5? No thanks, everyone is too hate hate about games, I'm happy to play anything, pinball, mario, halo, Cod, fallout, oblivion, too me its all great fun (exceptions of the above e.g. Marvel Alliance 3, lol). And I love playing on anything, cause it helps if the games are full of potential, but how do you know in 100 years time, we won't have armour suits that we wear to function as a controller. What would the peoples reaction be to halo 3 if it came out (the first to come out, would be called halo ....) in 1987? People would give it 1000/10. i think we are thinking to omuch of games, they are only fun, not meant to be taken seriously as to the extent that we are living in them!
RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RAMRODtheMASTER

[QUOTE="RAMRODtheMASTER"]Sonic, Megaman, Halo (after the first game it went downhill), and WWII games (can't we move on to Vietnam and milk that for all it's worth)SilentSoprano

How the hell did it go downhill? I can understand not liking the 2nd and 3rd as much, but it's not like they sucked terribly.

I thought 3 did.
jclem43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jclem43
There are'nt, its just everyones expectation are exceeding reality. Come on fable two is obviously better than the way older one. And halo 3's mathcmaking and forge suprised me greatly, to think I could make my own spaceship to play varaints in. I LOVE forge. *sigh*. Plus everything got better, what did you excpect, come on tell me everything that should have been improved...
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
There are'nt, its just everyones expectation are exceeding reality. Come on fable two is obviously better than the way older one. And halo 3's mathcmaking and forge suprised me greatly, to think I could make my own spaceship to play varaints in. I LOVE forge. *sigh*. Plus everything got better, what did you excpect, come on tell me everything that should have been improved...jclem43
I would argue the game play and story in the Halo series and Fable series is declining with the sequels.
RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 RAMRODtheMASTER
[QUOTE="jclem43"]There are'nt, its just everyones expectation are exceeding reality. Come on fable two is obviously better than the way older one. And halo 3's mathcmaking and forge suprised me greatly, to think I could make my own spaceship to play varaints in. I LOVE forge. *sigh*. Plus everything got better, what did you excpect, come on tell me everything that should have been improved...KC_Hokie
I would argue the game play and story in the Halo series and Fable series is declining with the sequels.

Agreed
LittleEnid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LittleEnid
Member since 2009 • 552 Posts

If they made a Sonic game as good as the Dreamcast one, it would revive the series. I would LOVE a good Sonic game, but I'm not going to pay for it unless it's well-made.

And it's not XBox related, but the various versions of Pokemon need to do something different for once.

ag3ntz3rox0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ag3ntz3rox0x
Member since 2007 • 1534 Posts

the whole WWII scene, all of it

sensfanVone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sensfanVone
Member since 2006 • 1714 Posts

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="jclem43"]There are'nt, its just everyones expectation are exceeding reality. Come on fable two is obviously better than the way older one. And halo 3's mathcmaking and forge suprised me greatly, to think I could make my own spaceship to play varaints in. I LOVE forge. *sigh*. Plus everything got better, what did you excpect, come on tell me everything that should have been improved...RAMRODtheMASTER

Agreed

No.

mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mattg90520
Member since 2006 • 3115 Posts
Hmm, need to die? halo and modern warfare
jburde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 jburde
Member since 2002 • 3357 Posts
Call of Duty, maybe WWII while we're at it, Guitar Hero(and all similar rip-offs...) Halo... except Halo: Reach, that looks goodly
jclem43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jclem43
Your kidding? Ok, does'nt everyone know halo 1 and 2 had glitches and really, the weapons in halo 1 looked plastic. Look, I know the story actually did kinda get more boring, the first had the best story. But Gameplay? I would love to hear your arguements, cause frankly, i found halo 1 and 2's multiplayer lame. Halo 3 completely skyrocketed in that area. Halo campaign is meh, ok, fun when you go points with friends on co-op, its definitley better than number one and two's gameplay. But multiplayer matchmaking and forge are an excellent addition to the series. I really don't understand why everyone hates halo, is it because there are hundreds of pros that kill you in seconds? I reckon everyone is backing out of matchmaking after a couple of games, I though it was boring at the beginning, but it is a favourable experience when you play at higher standards with players of higer standards. I found Cod and those war games boring, snoring multiplayers. the environments are boring, wheras halo's maps are interesting and colourful.
jclem43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jclem43
[QUOTE="jclem43"]There are'nt, its just everyones expectation are exceeding reality. Come on fable two is obviously better than the way older one. And halo 3's mathcmaking and forge suprised me greatly, to think I could make my own spaceship to play varaints in. I LOVE forge. *sigh*. Plus everything got better, what did you excpect, come on tell me everything that should have been improved...KC_Hokie

You can't just argue something without evidence. In what way is the halo 3 gameplay worse than the previous series? I'm not sure about fable, but 2 looks way better than one. And friends ensure me of this theory.
FDs-Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FDs-Nemesis
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts

Guitar Hero/Rockband. I love those games but theres just too many. How many have been released in the last year? Probably around 7 (just a random number). I LOVED GHIII and Rockband then GHIV and Rockband 2 kinda lost me. Perhaps they dont need to die, but slow the heck down!

SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SilentSoprano
Member since 2007 • 4446 Posts

[QUOTE="RAMRODtheMASTER"][QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]I would argue the game play and story in the Halo series and Fable series is declining with the sequels. sensfanVone

Agreed

No.

Yea, no is right. You have to be out of your mind to think that. Sorry, but the amount of stuff they added to the gameplay and the stories the put together make the first one look average.

lecramstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lecramstar
Member since 2007 • 245 Posts

None

WretchmanDrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 WretchmanDrake
Member since 2007 • 344 Posts

Kill off Final Fantasy for the love of god, the franchise has 28 games last time I checked.

DavidRswii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#39 DavidRswii
Member since 2007 • 1210 Posts

Guitar hero

billyd5301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 billyd5301
Member since 2008 • 1572 Posts
Everyone is saying Guitar Hero. Yeah they are pretty lame, but they have brought people into gaming like nothing else besides maybe the Wii. Don't look for it to go away any day soon.
jclem43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jclem43

[QUOTE="sensfanVone"]

[QUOTE="RAMRODtheMASTER"] AgreedSilentSoprano

No.

Yea, no is right. You have to be out of your mind to think that. Sorry, but the amount of stuff they added to the gameplay and the stories the put together make the first one look average.

Thank god someone else has a realistic comment. Of course Halo 3 got better, people must have loved halo 1 so much that they expected the next to blow their minds away, of course not, bungie staff are'nt gods, but each series is better than the last, besides the length of course, but thats the result of adding a lot more detail. I hate halo one and two's graphics now I look back. But they were great, but really I think the series has got better, and fan's expactations higher, I'm no halo fan boy, I find it entertaining, but it has it's downsides. Forge was the winner, along with online matchmaking (better than halo 2s), no-one really aprecciates halo 3 enough, its great. And forge is frustrating, should 'clip' into place, not gin around trying to put object in place. But its great! Really, what is so bad about it? Everyone is crying about how it let them down and the story sucked. But really whats so bad about it? It's pure fun!

Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#42 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

I don't think franchises should die...I think they should just get better. I would love to play a new sonic game that is fun.

a55a55inx
You have the same chances of that happening as Sega does to make a successful console... yeah it might as well just die. When a franchise gets so bad that the creators don't care then it should seriously just die. I mean there is no way they care considering the last good 3D sonic game was on the dreamcast.... how many have we had since? I will say Sonic, Mario (maybe just chop off his legs...... slow him down a bit), anything that ends in Hero, and anything published by SouthPeak Games... no seriously just look at their track record. Anything they give money to is awful.... the latest being Two Worlds and Section 8 (I know Section 8 was meh), but Two Worlds was awful and it is somehow getting a sequel......... WTF? They are the freaking Uwe Boll* of publishing actual video games * Uwe Boll is the man behind any bad video game movie you can think of. Ok maybe not all of them, but probably 90%.
gamer_96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#43 gamer_96
Member since 2009 • 589 Posts

I dont know maybe...PES!?

X-ColdRush-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 X-ColdRush-X
Member since 2009 • 77 Posts
The Halo series, Call of Duty series, and all the countless music games being released. None of those games bring anything new or original to videogames and should be put to death.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c23908d36a7f
deactivated-5c23908d36a7f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5c23908d36a7f
Member since 2009 • 859 Posts

Guitar Hero, CoD, Halo and maybe Sonic, unless they get back into the old Sonic Adventure 2 type of gameplay.

Oh and dear god I just want Valve to die even though they're nothing to do with this.

MidtownShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MidtownShow
Member since 2009 • 68 Posts

Metal Gear, God of War, Ninja Gaiden.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#47 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
Call of Duty.
shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
Need for Speed
x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 x8VXU6

Metal Gear, God of War, Ninja Gaiden.

MidtownShow

why u want good game franchises to dies?

Soapweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Soapweed
Member since 2009 • 454 Posts

Sonic, Mario, Zelda, all handheld games (I just don't like them), and Dynasty Warriors.