What Gaming Franchise needs to Die?

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Those crap Dynasty Warriors games.

Nshadow23
I guess I'm one of the few people that enjoys Dynasty warriors but I don't pay $60 for them.
Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts
mario.
MrBelveder06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 MrBelveder06
Member since 2008 • 307 Posts

HALO, that franchise sucked since day 1.

zey2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 zey2k
Member since 2004 • 266 Posts

I like the first halo now i can't stand it . PLEASE GOD ALMIGHTY STOP THE EYE BURNING GAME THAT IS FIFA!!! seriously? EVERY FKN YEAR? ghaaaaaaaaaaa *rips head off*..................................................................

DecimusKrieg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 DecimusKrieg
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

The reason everyone is saying Guitar Hero is because we're gamers. It's just some cheap novelty that should be on the likes of the Wii, not the 360.

But yea, Need for Speed can go, Halo (never liked it and doesn't seem much improved at all), Medal of Honor, maybe Modern Warfare, as I can't see much they could do to make it that much better or innovative, it's good enough as it is... but then, so are a lot of franchises, but that doesn't stop them getting milked.

DK.

Y2Jfan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Y2Jfan23
Member since 2009 • 898 Posts
I don't think any franchise needs to die. If there's people still buying the games that means they like them.
DecimusKrieg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 DecimusKrieg
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I don't think any franchise needs to die. If there's people still buying the games that means they like them. Y2Jfan23

I think the problem is, is that even though people still buy them, many franchises have stopped innovating or trying anything different, which is unfair to the fans of the franchise. Developers need to put effort in to reward those who have previously supported their series and put them in their current situation.

DK.

adamclark182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 adamclark182
Member since 2004 • 346 Posts

Need for Speed, somebody please put it out of it's misery!

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#109 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
[QUOTE="codezer0"]One plain example for a reason I hate preplanned trilogies is Too Human - if you followed the dev reports for all its different incarnations and compare to what was going to be in the release they did, there were A LOT of things that were cut and altered. And the finished product definitely felt like much of what was going to be cool about it was removed in favor of what was supposed to be its preplanned sequels. Only... that game did SO poorly that there probably won't ever be a sequel. Crysis on PC did this too with its ending, alluding to a sequel that either won't come, or will only show up well after the game has been long and well forgotten about. Warhead wasn't so much a sequel as it was a side story to the same events, and it only sold because Crytek spent more than 30 seconds ensuring it could actually run on realistically available computers.

Crysis 2 was announced earlier this year. It's being released on PC, PS3 and 360.
Wallygator50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Wallygator50
Member since 2008 • 79 Posts

I would like to see some new gaming franchises replace all the old ones like COD and Halo. Bungie should at least make a new game without the halo story in it. At least COD started making MW/MW2, but Bungie seems to have not made anything good without Halo stamped on the cover. To actually answer the question (what gaming franchise needs to die) I think Pokemon, Guitar hero/Rockband, and Sonic (mabee not die but make something playable) Also, MOVIE GAMES

x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#111 x8VXU6
Member since 2008 • 3411 Posts

I would like to see some new gaming franchises replace all the old ones like COD and Halo. Bungie should at least make a new game without the halo story in it. At least COD started making MW/MW2, but Bungie seems to have not made anything good without Halo stamped on the cover. To actually answer the question (what gaming franchise needs to die) I think Pokemon, Guitar hero/Rockband, and Sonic (mabee not die but make something playable) Also, MOVIE GAMES

Wallygator50

I feel u on sonic, there going to bring sonic back to 2D and I cant wait to see who it turns out

mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#112 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
the new sonic games have been total garbage, I agree. Most people are gonna say either Halo or Call of Duty, but they really haven't gotten old yet. Halo has a little bit I'll admit. The one franchise that really needs to go is these Guitar Hero games. DJ Hero, Band Hero....come on, it's getting ridiculous
SlayWayMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 SlayWayMore
Member since 2008 • 186 Posts

^Call of Duty needs to go away, because it is getting OLD. The same game with a few tweaks here and there. Kinda like the Guitar Hero series

jclem43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#114 jclem43
Member since 2009 • 39 Posts

The reason everyone is saying Guitar Hero is because we're gamers. It's just some cheap novelty that should be on the likes of the Wii, not the 360.

But yea, Need for Speed can go, Halo (never liked it and doesn't seem much improved at all), Medal of Honor, maybe Modern Warfare, as I can't see much they could do to make it that much better or innovative, it's good enough as it is... but then, so are a lot of franchises, but that doesn't stop them getting milked.

DK.

DecimusKrieg

No.... only nearly every function in halo was improved, the graphics, gameplay, characters, sound, detail, options, online features and 100 other features have'nt even improved much at all, its nearly excactly the same.... *in case you're wondering,I'm using sarcasm ;)* I don't understand why everyone hates halo? It was the best game ever on xbox, alongside Morrowind (well that's what I think, I played hundreds and liked them the best..). Then the 360 came out and they were both improved dramatically, not just noticeable changes, also details and gameplay additions we don't notice... Like sweep sniping for example, which was fixed..

zael99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 zael99
Member since 2005 • 369 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Vampire Rain. I think that game's getting a sequel for some god awful reason.
x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#116 x8VXU6
Member since 2008 • 3411 Posts

[QUOTE="DecimusKrieg"]

DK.

jclem43

No.... only nearly every function in halo was improved, the graphics, gameplay, characters, sound, detail, options, online features and 100 other features have'nt even improved much at all, its nearly excactly the same.... *in case you're wondering,I'm using sarcasm ;)* I don't understand why everyone hates halo? It was the best game ever on xbox, alongside Morrowind (well that's what I think, I played hundreds and liked them the best..). Then the 360 came out and they were both improved dramatically, not just noticeable changes, also details and gameplay additions we don't notice... Like sweep sniping for example, which was fixed..

halo wasnt the best game on xbox, its out of jet set radio future or shemmue @(I know I spelled it wrong lol)

BadNewsBen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#117 BadNewsBen
Member since 2009 • 1493 Posts
I'm of the thought process that no gaming series needs to die. If it has gone this far, than there has been something positive about it. Whether that was the very start of the franchise or what. Just improve it.