What Gaming Franchise needs to Die?

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MidtownShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 MidtownShow
Member since 2009 • 68 Posts

[QUOTE="MidtownShow"]

Metal Gear, God of War, Ninja Gaiden.

x8VXU6

why u want good game franchises to dies?

lol I don't like Metal Gear cuz it has cheesy dialogue. I like some aspects of God of War, but all you had to do is beat the crap out of the enemies, I like such games to have puzzles. The reason i hate Ninja Gaiden is cuz i hate ninja and samurai stuff.
Syaz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Syaz1
Member since 2008 • 554 Posts

cant think of much, maybe only nfs series. the game was just milked too much already, it pretty much lost it's identity and novelty value. it's safe to say the series should be killed off, but from the ashes of it, bring out some new games to replace it, maybe instead of naming the sequel of nfs shift as 'nfs shift 2', just name it, 'shift', a racing series for gamers looking for realistic racing, and also spawn new series from previous subseries that were popular like 'underground' for those inclined towards vehicle tuning, then 'hot pursuit' for those inclined towards high-speed cop chases. if they alternate between these series i believe the feeling of milking will be reduced.

x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#53 x8VXU6
Member since 2008 • 3411 Posts

Sonic, Mario, Zelda, all handheld games (I just don't like them), and Dynasty Warriors.

Soapweed

I believe Mario and Zelda is making good games not all mario games r good but its not going to die out anytime soon

valttu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 valttu
Member since 2007 • 1420 Posts

Need for speed there just getting boring now.

Gamer-Dude-1-
* Yeah they've ruined the whole thing.
Avatar image for RAMRODtheMASTER
RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 RAMRODtheMASTER
Member since 2009 • 8107 Posts
[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="jclem43"]I would argue the game play and story in the Halo series and Fable series is declining with the sequels. jclem43
You can't just argue something without evidence. In what way is the halo 3 gameplay worse than the previous series? I'm not sure about fable, but 2 looks way better than one. And friends ensure me of this theory.

It's called an opinion,that I also agree with. He has one and apparently you need a wall of text to relay yours.
Your kidding? Ok, does'nt everyone know halo 1 and 2 had glitches and really, the weapons in halo 1 looked plastic. Look, I know the story actually did kinda get more boring, the first had the best story. But Gameplay? I would love to hear your arguements, cause frankly, i found halo 1 and 2's multiplayer lame. Halo 3 completely skyrocketed in that area. Halo campaign is meh, ok, fun when you go points with friends on co-op, its definitley better than number one and two's gameplay. But multiplayer matchmaking and forge are an excellent addition to the series. I really don't understand why everyone hates halo, is it because there are hundreds of pros that kill you in seconds? I reckon everyone is backing out of matchmaking after a couple of games, I though it was boring at the beginning, but it is a favourable experience when you play at higher standards with players of higer standards. I found Cod and those war games boring, snoring multiplayers. the environments are boring, wheras halo's maps are interesting and colourful.jclem43
TOC48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56 TOC48
Member since 2008 • 637 Posts
Sonic, Megaman, Halo (after the first game it went downhill), and WWII games (can't we move on to Vietnam and milk that for all it's worth)RAMRODtheMASTER
you are totally right. I WISH that they would put out some AAA Titles set in Nam.
TOC48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 TOC48
Member since 2008 • 637 Posts

[QUOTE="jclem43"][QUOTE="KC_Hokie"] You can't just argue something without evidence. In what way is the halo 3 gameplay worse than the previous series? I'm not sure about fable, but 2 looks way better than one. And friends ensure me of this theory.RAMRODtheMASTER
It's called an opinion,that I also agree with. He has one and apparently you need a wall of text to relay yours.
Your kidding? Ok, does'nt everyone know halo 1 and 2 had glitches and really, the weapons in halo 1 looked plastic. Look, I know the story actually did kinda get more boring, the first had the best story. But Gameplay? I would love to hear your arguements, cause frankly, i found halo 1 and 2's multiplayer lame. Halo 3 completely skyrocketed in that area. Halo campaign is meh, ok, fun when you go points with friends on co-op, its definitley better than number one and two's gameplay. But multiplayer matchmaking and forge are an excellent addition to the series. I really don't understand why everyone hates halo, is it because there are hundreds of pros that kill you in seconds? I reckon everyone is backing out of matchmaking after a couple of games, I though it was boring at the beginning, but it is a favourable experience when you play at higher standards with players of higer standards. I found Cod and those war games boring, snoring multiplayers. the environments are boring, wheras halo's maps are interesting and colourful.jclem43

He can still think that Halo 3 is worse than the previous series. It is call an opinion, just like what he just told you. I can see your point of view though i love gears of war and honestly cannot even see how someone could not like Gears of War. It is blasphemy.

RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 RAMRODtheMASTER
[QUOTE="RAMRODtheMASTER"]Sonic, Megaman, Halo (after the first game it went downhill), and WWII games (can't we move on to Vietnam and milk that for all it's worth)TOC48
you are totally right. I WISH that they would put out some AAA Titles set in Nam.

Good to see someone else who would like to move on to Vietnam.
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#59 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
[QUOTE="MidtownShow"] I like some aspects of God of War, but all you had to do is beat the crap out of the enemies, I like such games to have puzzles.

Have you even played a God of War game before? There's loads of puzzles in them. There's also platforming elements and other variations to gameplay, including riding Pegasus in GOW2. You do a lot more than just "beat the crap out of enemies".
x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 x8VXU6

[QUOTE="MidtownShow"] I like some aspects of God of War, but all you had to do is beat the crap out of the enemies, I like such games to have puzzles. x-2tha-z
Have you even played a God of War game before? There's loads of puzzles in them. There's also platforming elements and other variations to gameplay, including riding Pegasus in GOW2. You do a lot more than just "beat the crap out of enemies".

thank u I dont know wat he was talking about

blaze_adeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#61 blaze_adeel
Member since 2008 • 933 Posts

To me no gaming franchises need to end because there are people that actually enjoy them. If a game gets made that I don't want, I just ignore it. I'm not sure why these games bother you guys so much but whatever to each his own I suppose.

craigalan23
agreed
MadAMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 MadAMD
Member since 2006 • 29 Posts

Metal Gear, God of War, Ninja Gaiden.

MidtownShow

You can't be serious...anyway, Guitar Hero and Rock Band have my vote.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#63 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
If you don't like a game series, stop playing it. Nothing needs to die.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
If you don't like a game series, stop playing it. Nothing needs to die.vashkey
But my opinion should be shared by all. :P
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#65 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Halo

Sscnum21mvp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Sscnum21mvp
Member since 2009 • 111 Posts

The ones that arent selling.

nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
Guitar Hero, Rockband, Tony Hawk games, Sonic games, need for speed.
jclem43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 jclem43
Member since 2009 • 39 Posts

[QUOTE="x-2tha-z"][QUOTE="MidtownShow"] I like some aspects of God of War, but all you had to do is beat the crap out of the enemies, I like such games to have puzzles. x8VXU6

thank u I dont know wat he was talking about

Why would anyone not like god of war. It's the best ps2 game. I don't understand why you want god of war 3 not to come out. That's the only reason I would buy a Ps3 cause I want GOW (god of war not fears of war, lol). No god of war was challenging and fun. some of the puzzles were very complicated. I remember in GOW1 lining up the cricular room so the skull hits the pendant in the middle circle elevator (anyone konw wat I mean) was hard to figure out, like I did not know if I had to go back the way I came or what the hell do I do next, lol. Gow did'nt let me down, I thought it was a game that managed to keep up with very high standards of fans.

LostSoul781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 LostSoul781
Member since 2003 • 1630 Posts

NFS or Sonic.... really when was the last good Sonic game

jclem43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 jclem43

The Halo series, Call of Duty series, and all the countless music games being released. None of those games bring anything new or original to videogames and should be put to death.X-ColdRush-X

Yeah right halo combat evolvedwas original and new, everyone loved the new ideas. Sadly everyone was expecting something completely new in number 2 and 3. Of course,it did'nt come, halo is just like abook series, you can't just completely change the plot. I think people were way to hyped, me? I was patient, when halo 2 and 3 come out, I did'nt evenknow, I was like oh, they are in.. IIstill enjoy them all.I'm still to buy ODst. I found Cod, to tell the truth (this is COD3) Very boring, I like desert storm better, I think the graphics were plain and boring (for xbox 360). Gameplay was extremley easy and you basically can't loose. In desert storm at least it was challenging. Like the tanks were what I liked the best. I loved throwing a smoke grenade, sneaking right up to the tank and planting a bomb, then Kaboom. Was actually impossible to blow a tank up sometimes though (you might only have machine guns). But I liked it like that, you had like two shots with the RGP and that was it, grenades never worked and the only option was to plant a claymine. But Cod was a game, and I have'nt really been upset at any games except, what was that crap game? hmmmm, darn it, forgoten, but it was the worst game ever, and SO boring.EERrrm, I think it was on Ps2. Wait, this is xbox 360 section. Ok, signing out.

jclem43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 jclem43

[QUOTE="jclem43"][QUOTE="KC_Hokie"] You can't just argue something without evidence. In what way is the halo 3 gameplay worse than the previous series? I'm not sure about fable, but 2 looks way better than one. And friends ensure me of this theory.RAMRODtheMASTER

I respect that. I just am confused why everyone says this and offers No evidence. Ever wrote a film review for english? In any essay, you have your theory/thoughts and then your evidence to ensure other from where your coming from. I guess this could be a habit that is getting pounded into me at school (the sounds wrong). No problem, I kinda agree in a sense, the firsthad a real original feel (the theme song was the best, I hated halo 2's, Halo 1's theme FTW, boom boom boom, the boom's are louder than halo 3's theme). I actaully loved halo 2 for its improvements in gameplay, I must say the stupid custscenes and the retarded ending that left me swearing about waiting for year to know what happens, really degraded halo 2. But the options of hi-jacking, dual weild, enegry sword!! (that was a winner), tons of new weapons and vehciles and better options, and lots of sweet additions and it did have a huge twist... The elites on our side, I mean come on, isn't that good enough twist? Though playing as an elite was annnoying. I wanna br mater cheif! *sob, sob*. Halo 3 improved in graphics, options, online, many new additions in new areas, not so much the gameplay, but the cutscences, which i found satisfying enough, and also a couple of new weapond and vehciles (i felt let down in this area, I thought the mauler and spiker were CRAP!), but I understand humans and aliens probably would'nt design 10 new weapons in a few days, though it was year to us..lol. Of course there were heaps of other things, like gay Marketplace donwloads, like the rip off maps. The skulls and campaign scoring, co-op (I think I might be forgeting halo 2 had these options?). Anyway, the bigger the wall, the harder it is for the enemy to breach it. ;)

jclem43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 jclem43

[QUOTE="RAMRODtheMASTER"][QUOTE="jclem43"] It's called an opinion,that I also agree with. He has one and apparently you need a wall of text to relay yours.[QUOTE="jclem43"]Your kidding? Ok, does'nt everyone know halo 1 and 2 had glitches and really, the weapons in halo 1 looked plastic. Look, I know the story actually did kinda get more boring, the first had the best story. But Gameplay? I would love to hear your arguements, cause frankly, i found halo 1 and 2's multiplayer lame. Halo 3 completely skyrocketed in that area. Halo campaign is meh, ok, fun when you go points with friends on co-op, its definitley better than number one and two's gameplay. But multiplayer matchmaking and forge are an excellent addition to the series. I really don't understand why everyone hates halo, is it because there are hundreds of pros that kill you in seconds? I reckon everyone is backing out of matchmaking after a couple of games, I though it was boring at the beginning, but it is a favourable experience when you play at higher standards with players of higer standards. I found Cod and those war games boring, snoring multiplayers. the environments are boring, wheras halo's maps are interesting and colourful.TOC48

He can still think that Halo 3 is worse than the previous series. It is call an opinion, just like what he just told you. I can see your point of view though i love gears of war and honestly cannot even see how someone could not like Gears of War. It is blasphemy.

I have a feeling you believe I don't like gears of War?? If you think this, I'm sorry but I have not experienced it, though I should. I know but like I said b4, an opinion must be backed up by evidence to prove a point. I am interested to know what his reasons are, opinions mean nothing, he is only reasuring himself and other who believe his theory.I was hoping he'd give me an idea where he is coming from. liek I said, I don't know what everyone expected, it could'nt be much better. But really, I am wasting my time here, i won't gain much for arguing over old games,so better head off, cheers.

Richboy96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Richboy96
Member since 2009 • 303 Posts

Final Fantasy isnt there like 12 games now?

jclem43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 jclem43

free kudos too the guy who knows my avatar's model name.

explasiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 explasiv
Member since 2007 • 1420 Posts
Stupid Guitar hero should die and need for speed.
chuckiechan43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 chuckiechan43
Member since 2005 • 163 Posts
need for speed got old and all these garbage anime games like naruto and dragonballz
Hammerdinz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Hammerdinz
Member since 2005 • 824 Posts

I can't believe no one Mentioned MADDEN???

jclem43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 jclem43

I can't believe no one Mentioned MADDEN???

Hammerdinz

Well, it looks like that's the game you play the most, according to your gamertag stats. Or that last one you played anyway. Butthey are very boring and repetative after the first few games.I find them only good to play with a friend every now and then.

Sargine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Sargine
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Dynasty Warriors no doubt! (including regular, gundam, empires, and samurai, etc.)

guitardude1243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 guitardude1243
Member since 2008 • 647 Posts

None, it's not my call to cut that game away from someone who enjoys it.

narog84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#81 narog84
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts

need for speed and metal gear i mean the story in the sequels was really stupid

Nshadow23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Nshadow23
Member since 2008 • 416 Posts

Those crap Dynasty Warriors games.

x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 x8VXU6

Those crap Dynasty Warriors games.

Nshadow23

Wait ppl still play Dynasty Warriors, wat they do just push the X button and in a few hours u beat the game

MazehcS0ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 MazehcS0ul
Member since 2009 • 1773 Posts

Final fantasy! It was a great series but however some just need to end. Like movies.

SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 SilentSoprano
Member since 2007 • 4446 Posts

[QUOTE="SilentSoprano"]

[QUOTE="sensfanVone"]

No.

jclem43

Yea, no is right. You have to be out of your mind to think that. Sorry, but the amount of stuff they added to the gameplay and the stories the put together make the first one look average.

Thank god someone else has a realistic comment. Of course Halo 3 got better, people must have loved halo 1 so much that they expected the next to blow their minds away, of course not, bungie staff are'nt gods, but each series is better than the last, besides the length of course, but thats the result of adding a lot more detail. I hate halo one and two's graphics now I look back. But they were great, but really I think the series has got better, and fan's expactations higher, I'm no halo fan boy, I find it entertaining, but it has it's downsides. Forge was the winner, along with online matchmaking (better than halo 2s), no-one really aprecciates halo 3 enough, its great. And forge is frustrating, should 'clip' into place, not gin around trying to put object in place. But its great! Really, what is so bad about it? Everyone is crying about how it let them down and the story sucked. But really whats so bad about it? It's pure fun!

There's just those idiots who want a sequel to a good game and just because it does some things differently they get their panties in a bunch and act like the game sucks when it really doesn't and actually improves in almost every way. Why the hell would you want the sequel to stay the exact same? Then it will just be a waste of money.

XRED_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 XRED_0
Member since 2008 • 775 Posts

Guitar Hero.

buttslaya617z
I second that
jclem43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 jclem43

[QUOTE="jclem43"]

[QUOTE="SilentSoprano"]

Yea, no is right. You have to be out of your mind to think that. Sorry, but the amount of stuff they added to the gameplay and the stories the put together make the first one look average.

SilentSoprano

Thank god someone else has a realistic comment. Of course Halo 3 got better, people must have loved halo 1 so much that they expected the next to blow their minds away, of course not, bungie staff are'nt gods, but each series is better than the last, besides the length of course, but thats the result of adding a lot more detail. I hate halo one and two's graphics now I look back. But they were great, but really I think the series has got better, and fan's expactations higher, I'm no halo fan boy, I find it entertaining, but it has it's downsides. Forge was the winner, along with online matchmaking (better than halo 2s), no-one really aprecciates halo 3 enough, its great. And forge is frustrating, should 'clip' into place, not gin around trying to put object in place. But its great! Really, what is so bad about it? Everyone is crying about how it let them down and the story sucked. But really whats so bad about it? It's pure fun!

There's just those idiots who want a sequel to a good game and just because it does some things differently they get their panties in a bunch and act like the game sucks when it really doesn't and actually improves in almost every way. Why the hell would you want the sequel to stay the exact same? Then it will just be a waste of money.

Yes, bungie put a lot of time (halo 3 meant to come out like a year earlier), into the sequels. They listened too everyone and improved nearly all factors. Of course they are not perfect, but they are close. I find it amazing to even comprehence howanyone couldmake something so detailed (this goes for all newer games, e.g. ps2, xbox 360, not just halo), i understand 2d games, but 3d? the ability to move a stick and turn around to see whether enemies are sneaking up. even to make the 2d movement sensor to relate to the 3d world you play in. I appreciate the efforts of all game designers (though i still find war games a bore, i still appreciate them for what they accomplished), grphics are an amazing thing. Several time I have stopped for minutes to take in my surroundings, especially inoblivion, I CAN NOT believe someone could make a world, that, in real life comparison, would probably be as big as a town. Would'nt it take100+years in real life? But oblivion takes like 2 years to create a town? (well actually a country) To COMPLETLEY (well its imposible, some times you have to chose with path you take) explore and take in everything.... Anyway, way off topic, what I meant to say was that halo 1's evironment and graphics were great then, but the graphics are nothing compared to Halo 3's. An many other aspects of HaloCEwere alsomuch, muchweaker than halo 3's. Plus there were many glitches, like seeing through walls, the 'outside' of mapswere simplya white wall, at least in Halo 3 theater, you can go and look at the widlife/machines flying through the air, or the city/stucture in the background.

jclem43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 jclem43

[QUOTE="jclem43"]

[QUOTE="SilentSoprano"]

SilentSoprano

Halo 2 gave heaps of new weapons and heaps of twists, new environments, new characters. But, No-one wanted it, they got upset about being the arbiter (I was a bit annoyed too)and no-one liked brutes, no-one wanted flood, Most importantly, halo 2 had a 'boss fight' (which involved hundreds. of elites, why did'nt they send all those after master cheif if he was a big problem) Anyway, everyone thought It was'nt enough like halo 1 and was a horrible outcome. So bungie made halo 1 a lot more like halo 1. Master cheif is back, and they could not kick the arbiter out, but you Don't have to play AS him, well in one player mode anyway. There were way less flood levels, cause no-one likes flood, but only one flood level was challenging, the last level was the easiest in the campaign, gee the cortana level on easy was harder than the last level in legendary mode. Anyway, they tired to bring halo 1 back. The biggest peice of evidence was, the last level, the classic '5 minutes to escape the death of master cheif, with the trusty warthog to rely on'. But everyone thinks its notgood enough, same old, same old, though there were many ascpest that were dramaticly improved....

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#89 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

Just for fun, I want the call of duty franchise to die.. Just all the call of duty games POOF dissapeared.. see the chaos it would cause :P

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#90 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
RB/GH - Yes, i know there are fanboys for serieses that seem to treat the series like some kind of sexual experience, but the fanboyism and tirades for these and their spin-offs just seems disproportionately high at least around my circle of people I know. It's become so bad that I almost can't picture them talking about the game(s) anymore without trying to masturbate in the process. 3D Sonic - SA 1 and 2 on Dreamcast were good. I'll concede that. But it just went down from there. The last one got fairly close with the daylight levels, but then **** it up with the whole were-hog thing. The news of a 2.5D Sonic comparatively has been positive, and I would wager is being addressed with significantly more care. Halo - As much as I adore the campaign of the first, each one after it has left me SOREly disappointed with the campaign and the glaring continuity issues each left behind. This goes beside the fact that they just felt like they were bastardized in favor of the multiplayer that also has the same level of fanboy-ism that I criticize RB and GH for. WW2 era shooters - for **** sake already, how many times do I have to re-take Normandy? With the way these devs continue to embellish the event, it's as if they're saying the entire D-day was longer than the rest of the entire war. About the only exceptions I would make in this would be Wolfenstein, and if someone decides to make a game based on Inglorious Basterds.

[QUOTE="RAMRODtheMASTER"]Sonic, Megaman, Halo (after the first game it went downhill), and WWII games (can't we move on to Vietnam and milk that for all it's worth)SilentSoprano

How the hell did it go downhill? I can understand not liking the 2nd and 3rd as much, but it's not like they sucked terribly.

It quickly became apparent to me that the campaigns for the 2nd and 3rd games essentially bastardized the singleplayer element that was so damned good about the first game in favor of pandering to all the whiny fanboys that wanted to play Halo online. Some places were made needlessly difficult and poorly paced to artificially increase how long it would take someone to complete the game or be able to get the requisite gamerscore (for that stupid katana armor in H3). And some of the "biggest innovations" in Halo 3 felt like textbook copy-paste ripoffs of features that were done earlier and better. Take for example, Forge... Pariah had a more thorough mapmaker. Timesplitters:Future Perfect's mapmaker allowed you to create levels from scratch, including new singleplayer levels full of AI, traps, objectives, and so on. And Marathon for the Mac had Forge which could do all that and more. Not to mention they managed to pull an "oops, this is actually a prequel" trip that would even make George Lucas embarassed. [spoiler] For anyone who still hasn't figured it out, the first Marathon IS Halo 4, provided you bothered to pay attention to the details in the campaign, instead of spending all your time in multiplayer trying to teabag every "newb you pwn3dz0rz" [/spoiler]

SilentSoprano
That is where we have to disagree. Halo did its plot and gameplay very well... for the simple fact that Bungie had been working on it since 3dfx was still in business. And they didn't go into it thinking they would be making sequels and spinoffs beyond that. They were just trying to make ONE really good game. And succeeded. Which leads me to the next thing I wish to see die... preplanned trilogies - Yes, I can understand from a business and even a dev's perspective to try to stretch a gigantic project into smaller chunks to make full games on, but all too often I see where this ends up diluting the individual games. No longer is it about making a single game turn out as great as possible. Instead, they can elect to remove something in favor of putting it in the next title in the series. And what if that omission (or badly implemented feature) ends up being what turns off so many to the game, and there's still two more to be made on contract? At that point, neither publisher nor developer look good. And by the time of release for the first, both are so heavily invested to try to polish the turd that they then can't just move on and try to make something new instead.
jclem43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 jclem43
[QUOTE="codezer0"]. [QUOTE="SilentSoprano"]

[QUOTE="RAMRODtheMASTER"]

How the hell did it go downhill? I can understand not liking the 2nd and 3rd as much, but it's not like they sucked terribly.

It quickly became apparent to me that the campaigns for the 2nd and 3rd games essentially bastardized the singleplayer element that was so damned good about the first game in favor of pandering to all the whiny fanboys that wanted to play Halo online. Some places were made needlessly difficult and poorly paced to artificially increase how long it would take someone to complete the game or be able to get the requisite gamerscore (for that stupid katana armor in H3). And some of the "biggest innovations" in Halo 3 felt like textbook copy-paste ripoffs of features that were done earlier and better. Take for example, Forge... Pariah had a more thorough mapmaker. Timesplitters:Future Perfect's mapmaker allowed you to create levels from scratch, including new singleplayer levels full of AI, traps, objectives, and so on. And Marathon for the Mac had Forge which could do all that and more. Not to mention they managed to pull an "oops, this is actually a prequel" trip that would even make George Lucas embarassed. [spoiler] For anyone who still hasn't figured it out, the first Marathon IS Halo 4, provided you bothered to pay attention to the details in the campaign, instead of spending all your time in multiplayer trying to teabag every "newb you pwn3dz0rz" [/spoiler] [QUOTE="SilentSoprano"]

That is where we have to disagree. Halo did its plot and gameplay very well... for the simple fact that Bungie had been working on it since 3dfx was still in business. And they didn't go into it thinking they would be making sequels and spinoffs beyond that. They were just trying to make ONE really good game. And succeeded. Which leads me to the next thing I wish to see die... preplanned trilogies - Yes, I can understand from a business and even a dev's perspective to try to stretch a gigantic project into smaller chunks to make full games on, but all too often I see where this ends up diluting the individual games. No longer is it about making a single game turn out as great as possible. Instead, they can elect to remove something in favor of putting it in the next title in the series. And what if that omission (or badly implemented feature) ends up being what turns off so many to the game, and there's still two more to be made on contract? At that point, neither publisher nor developer look good. And by the time of release for the first, both are so heavily invested to try to polish the turd that they then can't just move on and try to make something new instead.

Ok I understand your opinions, about halo 3 not being as good as 2 and 2 not as good as 1. But seriously you use all your smarty pants words, like 'implemented feature' lol, not really thatadvanced...but seriously wtf? you give theories like; 'Instead, they can elect to remove something in favor of putting it in the next title in the series', this is all you really said. Plus i have no idea what you are referring too, call me stupid if you'd like, but you have to give an example like, well i dunno, I can't really think of any, thats why I'm not convinced by your theories. Please provide evidence. And fanboy-ism?? I mean come on... just cause someone likes to play online you call me a 'whiny fanboy that wanted to play Halo online'? Online is awesome.... Whats wrong with wanting to play online matchmaking. What I was saying I don't understand is that you are trying to say bungie is 'remove something and put it into the next halo'. Tell us exactly what you mean please.. As in what did they re-introduce? I do agree with you on one thing, Halo one was their ideas thrown in, when bugnie learn how successful they were, they played it 'safe' and I think they held back a little so they did'nt scare anyone away, though not everyone was convinced...
Gryphon700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Gryphon700
Member since 2003 • 150 Posts

need for speed and metal gear i mean the story in the sequels was really stupid

narog84

Need for Speed I agree with...but Metal Gear?? Are you out of your f*cking mind boy?

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#93 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
One plain example for a reason I hate preplanned trilogies is Too Human - if you followed the dev reports for all its different incarnations and compare to what was going to be in the release they did, there were A LOT of things that were cut and altered. And the finished product definitely felt like much of what was going to be cool about it was removed in favor of what was supposed to be its preplanned sequels. Only... that game did SO poorly that there probably won't ever be a sequel. Crysis on PC did this too with its ending, alluding to a sequel that either won't come, or will only show up well after the game has been long and well forgotten about. Warhead wasn't so much a sequel as it was a side story to the same events, and it only sold because Crytek spent more than 30 seconds ensuring it could actually run on realistically available computers.
shureshot24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 shureshot24
Member since 2009 • 319 Posts

dynasty warriors, resident evil, sonic, any world war II based video games, halo is losing it apeal to me, and a few others i cant think of right now.

RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 RAMRODtheMASTER

dynasty warriors, resident evil, sonic, any world war II based video games, halo is losing it apeal to me, and a few others i cant think of right now.

shureshot24
I honestly still like Resident Evil, the only part of Resident Evil that needs to die is the becoming immobile to aim thing. Nobody in their right mind is going to stand still to shoot while there is a horde of zombies coming after them. What happened to the ability to move while aiming they showed in the early trailers?
strawberry9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 strawberry9
Member since 2006 • 875 Posts
metal gear solid... oh wait you said games not movies....
RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 RAMRODtheMASTER
metal gear solid... oh wait you said games not movies.... strawberry9
LOL :P
shureshot24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 shureshot24
Member since 2009 • 319 Posts

[QUOTE="shureshot24"]

RAMRODtheMASTER

I honestly still like Resident Evil, the only part of Resident Evil that needs to die is the becoming immobile to aim thing. Nobody in their right mind is going to stand still to shoot while there is a horde of zombies coming after them. What happened to the ability to move while aiming they showed in the early trailers?

Ya I still like resedient evil too, and the whole standing in one spot toshoot does need to change, but the story and characters are just a recyled mess and needs to either die or change.

jclem43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 jclem43

One plain example for a reason I hate preplanned trilogies is Too Human - if you followed the dev reports for all its different incarnations and compare to what was going to be in the release they did, there were A LOT of things that were cut and altered. And the finished product definitely felt like much of what was going to be cool about it was removed in favor of what was supposed to be its preplanned sequels. Only... that game did SO poorly that there probably won't ever be a sequel. Crysis on PC did this too with its ending, alluding to a sequel that either won't come, or will only show up well after the game has been long and well forgotten about. Warhead wasn't so much a sequel as it was a side story to the same events, and it only sold because Crytek spent more than 30 seconds ensuring it could actually run on realistically available computers.codezer0
Yeah companies don't care much about making the best game ever (like some companies do),now they want the money, and they think the best way to keep pulling the money in, is by keeping to their plan. They try to change it a little bit, but are scared that altering the game too much will upset fans, which I think anyone who wants the money over peoples comment's, would do. Game companies are in for the money, I can't really blame them, and most games work out, but I think someone needs to completely twist the plot. I think the bungie company will try to twist the story in upcoming reach...,Bungie have planned the plot very nicely, for example, the last we know is that master cheif is headed towards a COMPLETELY NEW planet (notice that there could be a new advanced race living there with mayn new weapons, after all master cheif only has an assault rifle and a magnum (I think), so he''l need to pick up new weapons when his ammo runs out... I darsay we will be playing as different characters as new spartans have been introduced and one seems to be a main character (errm can't remember number). I think halo3 was a master peice, but of course I reckon if bungie completely let themselves go and use their right brain over their left, we could have had a much more interesting plot, like I want something unexpected, something mind blowing). Don't think I've suddenly changed my mind... I did'nt say halo 3 was perfect, but I can truthfully say it was way better than 1 and 2 but it could have been better than itself... Hmmm, I've posted enough time here, This will be my last, or I will post about 3000 words. :)

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

[QUOTE="RAMRODtheMASTER"][QUOTE="shureshot24"]

shureshot24

Ya I still like resedient evil too, and the whole standing in one spot toshoot does need to change, but the story and characters are just a recyled mess and needs to either die or change.

I agree with this, I wish RE5 was scarier though. I hope the next one will be decently scary.