The Broken 360 Thread v. 3 -- RROD, E74 Queries In Here.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tubaloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#451 tubaloth
Member since 2004 • 60 Posts

Well I just got my second RROD and this time its more than three years old. How much does Microsoft charge to fix this?

D-C-

Three years from the Manufacture date on the back of your xbox 360?

From my first one its been over 4 years, but I had a refurbished one sent me, so that added a little more then a year (so I had 3 years from that date) Mine just went out. I hope to get another one, probably from the Winter 2008, which well then give me another 3 years from that time.

tubaloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#452 tubaloth

Hey just a quick Q, isit less likely a arcade system would get RROD than a Core Console System?????????????

Eski_Boi

How did you reach this idea?

I don't think so. The hard drive isn't the problem, its the chipset inside. The older ones all had this (Acrade, pro) so it didn't matter.

Now days I think all have the newer chipset so it wouldn't matter either.

D-C-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#453 D-C-
Member since 2003 • 4080 Posts

[QUOTE="D-C-"]

Well I just got my second RROD and this time its more than three years old. How much does Microsoft charge to fix this?

tubaloth

Three years from the Manufacture date on the back of your xbox 360?

From my first one its been over 4 years, but I had a refurbished one sent me, so that added a little more then a year (so I had 3 years from that date) Mine just went out. I hope to get another one, probably from the Winter 2008, which well then give me another 3 years from that time.

Yeah the manufature date is the same, 12/05 as it was when I originally bought it. You're lucky to get a newer console back. Even though they "fixed" it and its more than 3 years from the manufacture date, it will cost money? I should just call Microsoft but I don't want to deal with the process.

zeorshadow19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#454 zeorshadow19
Member since 2007 • 1471 Posts

I got the RRoD about last July. II got it back but I'm scared it'll happen again. The AC in our house is on the fritz. Will it over heat?

CrackF0XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#455 CrackF0XX
Member since 2009 • 64 Posts

They charge 100$. Hey just think if you break it 4 times you could have bought a ps3:D

MyFingerPoints
No thanks, Id rather fix my 360 a 1000 times than buy a PS3, but whatever floats your boat son!
Phoenix1985a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#456 Phoenix1985a
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Any advice on this would be of great help, Had an Xbox 360 20GB Premium...bout a year ago, got RROD, sent off, fixed, and sent back Lasted until about a week ago when it began to just freeze and I got 1 red light, tried everything to fix it, and got told it was now out of warranty (even though I thought you got some added if it got fixed) Anyway Moved some important gamesaves onto a memory card and thought Id move em across when I get a new System, Bought a Xbox 360 60GB Pro, popped Fifa 09 in, and my memory card, and voila at the exact same point in the game it freezes, but no red lights! Im starting to believe I have some dodgy data, and if its not that, then what the hell is it? Thanks Dave
Avatar image for I_play_rockband
I_play_rockband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#457 I_play_rockband
Member since 2008 • 169 Posts

MY first xbox was a core and it died when it was 3 years and 1 month old. So I bought a Elite because I heard they had a lower failure rate. My Elite just got RROD a few days ago. I'm so annoyed with it. I called M$ and they said send it in but I need to buy a box...

SeanyBoy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#458 SeanyBoy21
Member since 2009 • 545 Posts

Does any one have any information on the E74 Error? It seems like Microsoft is trying to keep it quiet by offering a free fix and very little information on it one thier site. They just sent me the box. When they send it back will it be new or refurbished?

zeorshadow19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#459 zeorshadow19
Member since 2007 • 1471 Posts

I got the RRoD about last July. II got it back but I'm scared it'll happen again. The AC in our house is on the fritz. Will it over heat?

zeorshadow19

Please help I'm kinda parnoid about this.

magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#460 magnax1
Member since 2007 • 4605 Posts

Ok so i started my 360 this afternoon when i got home. It froze wich is nothing unusual so i restarted it. then it froze again three times, which worried me a little. So i thought i'd leave for a couple hours. i started it again about an hour ago and got the error 79. which i could not find on the net or 360 home site. then i restart my 360 again to double check the error. It worked! but it froze a minute into the game. What is wrong with my 360?

tubaloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461 tubaloth

zeorshadow19

Yes, its bound to happen again. I think it made it past two years before this last time, not sure (maybe a year and half).

After my first one, I changed the placement of my xbox 360. Before it was in cabnet, not I do have it out of the cabnet but its on top of some VHS tapes (4 total, 2 tapes heigh).

I don't know how much this helped it because I still had the problem, but I didn't have it as much. I now have a new cabnit with more space. So it well now be off the ground and on VHS tapes.

The problem is, I don't really know what they are "fixing" in these older models? The only real fix is the newer chipset. And I know they aren't putting that in the older ones (it wouldn't work).

tubaloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#463 tubaloth

Any advice on this would be of great help, Had an Xbox 360 20GB Premium...bout a year ago, got RROD, sent off, fixed, and sent back Lasted until about a week ago when it began to just freeze and I got 1 red light, tried everything to fix it, and got told it was now out of warranty (even though I thought you got some added if it got fixed) Anyway Moved some important gamesaves onto a memory card and thought Id move em across when I get a new System, Bought a Xbox 360 60GB Pro, popped Fifa 09 in, and my memory card, and voila at the exact same point in the game it freezes, but no red lights! Im starting to believe I have some dodgy data, and if its not that, then what the hell is it? Thanks DavePhoenix1985a

Never heard of that. Does it happen with other games? Could be a bad save game data. But that shouldn't of caused the problem on your old xbox.

tubaloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#464 tubaloth

So they are already shipping my xbox back. It looks like I'm getting the same one (they didn't change the SN) which I'm kind of bummed with because the old one had problems reading discs with even the smallest scratch on it.

So I sent my xbox 360 off on Weds April 22 at 10 am. It didn't leave until 5pm that night. (It left from utah).

Because its UPS they don't delever on Saturday so it didn't get there (TX) until Monday.

But by Tuesday they said they had gotten my Xbox (Got the e-mail) but online it showed the status that they had fixed it and was shipping it back already.

Then about Tuesday afternoon I got an e-mail saying it was fixed. Then about an hour and half latter (around 4:30pm Utah) got an e-mail saying it was shipped with the tracking #.

Checked on UPS and nothing until Weds shows that it was picked up in TX. Says I'll get it back by Monday (that I need to sign for it).

So thats about a week and half. Mostly because it takes 4 days from utah to TX so I keep hitting Saturdays.

But I won't hold my breath that much is really fixed. Its still the bad chipset! How much can they really fix it?

Also much to my surprise is they show now I have a new warrenty but its only 90 days (Until July 27th).
My last one which they sent me a Refurbished one had I think a years warrenty. So thats strange.

MaxFusion2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465 MaxFusion2000

Does any one have any information on the E74 Error? It seems like Microsoft is trying to keep it quiet by offering a free fix and very little information on it one thier site. They just sent me the box. When they send it back will it be new or refurbished?

SeanyBoy21
ive heard they could do both. some people have told me they just got a new xbox but some pople just get it fixed and returned
MaxFusion2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#466 MaxFusion2000

So they are already shipping my xbox back. It looks like I'm getting the same one (they didn't change the SN) which I'm kind of bummed with because the old one had problems reading discs with even the smallest scratch on it.

So I sent my xbox 360 off on Weds April 22 at 10 am. It didn't leave until 5pm that night. (It left from utah).

Because its UPS they don't delever on Saturday so it didn't get there (TX) until Monday.

But by Tuesday they said they had gotten my Xbox (Got the e-mail) but online it showed the status that they had fixed it and was shipping it back already.

Then about Tuesday afternoon I got an e-mail saying it was fixed. Then about an hour and half latter (around 4:30pm Utah) got an e-mail saying it was shipped with the tracking #.

Checked on UPS and nothing until Weds shows that it was picked up in TX. Says I'll get it back by Monday (that I need to sign for it).

So thats about a week and half. Mostly because it takes 4 days from utah to TX so I keep hitting Saturdays.

But I won't hold my breath that much is really fixed. Its still the bad chipset! How much can they really fix it?

Also much to my surprise is they show now I have a new warrenty but its only 90 days (Until July 27th).
My last one which they sent me a Refurbished one had I think a years warrenty. So thats strange.

tubaloth
i think thats ridiculous. 90 days warranty. its clearly gonna brake after that time. they should just stop being idiots and make a console that works
ishoturface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#467 ishoturface
Member since 2007 • 12460 Posts
my 360 bit the dust yesterday.. for a fews days it had been giving me dic error.. then yesterday it just froze up.. i tried turning it off and on.. like 20 times but each time it just froze up
666-MaC-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#468 666-MaC-666
Hey guys, let me tell u all my sad little story and see if any of u can help me in this terrible sitch. have been on a dvd series binge for the last 32 hours or so, when the picture went distorted (looking like it was set to an oil painting type mode or something), i knew something was up. tried switching it off for a while, even cleaning the disk, switched it back on and it worked... for about 5 minutes,, so i thought ill give it a couple of hours to cool down and such. When i switched it on later everything started, only thing was that i couldnt see anything,, i was getting audio, but no visual, so tried it a couple more times but the same kept happening,, i even tried bringing my bros xbox through to see if it would work, so i hooked it up, switched the memory unit and fired it up.... same thing happened,, as u can probably tell i was really pissed off now, having had the rrod twice before, so have i somehow broke my bros xbox aswell????? Ive been on a couple of websites and some people were saying about melting some kind of card, like on the motherboard or something due to overheating,, which a couple mentioned could lead to the rrod, again. im gonna call MS in the morning to get some info from them cause i think im outwith the warranty but not sure, but thought id post a note on this, because the people in MS call centres can be useless at times.. WHEN WILL THEY MAKE A CONSOLE THAT DOESNT BREAK DOWN!!!!!! Anyway guys thanks for reading and if u have any ideas or solutions please help a gamer in need..
Matth13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469 Matth13
Member since 2004 • 949 Posts
i've got a question. my friend gave me an xbox 360 after her husband left it (and her) behind. she's not a gamer and doesn't want/need it. she told me it doesn't work but doesn't know what from. i got it today and, you guess it, RROD. I have no idea when it was purchased but the mfg date stamp goes back to Nov 2006. Let's assume my friend can't produce proof of purchase for me. she thinks they got it at BestBuy. What are my options to get this fixed?
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#470 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
i've got a question. my friend gave me an xbox 360 after her husband left it (and her) behind. she's not a gamer and doesn't want/need it. she told me it doesn't work but doesn't know what from. i got it today and, you guess it, RROD. I have no idea when it was purchased but the mfg date stamp goes back to Nov 2006. Let's assume my friend can't produce proof of purchase for me. she thinks they got it at BestBuy. What are my options to get this fixed?Matth13
All you need is the serial number in the back. Nothing else.
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
It says on the repair site that they have/are shipping my 360 back since wednesday, but it isn't updating the tracking information. Is it still at the repair center or is it making its way back?
HaLoMaStErJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472 HaLoMaStErJT
Member since 2008 • 1380 Posts

my xbox just had the E74 today, i'm just wondering how much it costs to fix it.

II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#473 II-FBIsniper-II

my xbox just had the E74 today, i'm just wondering how much it costs to fix it.

HaLoMaStErJT
It is free if it is under the three year warrenty.
D0ub13_5c0r3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#474 D0ub13_5c0r3
Member since 2009 • 2084 Posts
my 360 bit the dust yesterday.. for a fews days it had been giving me dic error.. then yesterday it just froze up.. i tried turning it off and on.. like 20 times but each time it just froze upishoturface
Lol nice typo. Anyway, you should unplug everything, wait a couple of minutes, plug them back in and then try it. If your willing to risk your warranty, than take your xbox apart and clean it out. Its probably full of dust. This can lead to 2 Red Rings, meaning overheating. I think I found out whats wrong with my xbox, after several times of doing the towel trick (doing it right now), I believe I found out whats wrong with my xbox. It could possibly be the TV Cables, everytime when I'm playing WaW, small, but many, black lines occur at any random point. So I reach behind my xbox and switch the TV Cables from TV to HDTV and then back to TV. It then goes to the E74 error code. Since I have been doing the towel trick, I think it would be useless to get new TV Cables for the xbox. I'm just gonna have to live off of the damned thing until this or next month. :(
D0ub13_5c0r3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#475 D0ub13_5c0r3
Hey guys, let me tell u all my sad little story and see if any of u can help me in this terrible sitch. have been on a dvd series binge for the last 32 hours or so, when the picture went distorted (looking like it was set to an oil painting type mode or something), i knew something was up. tried switching it off for a while, even cleaning the disk, switched it back on and it worked... for about 5 minutes,, so i thought ill give it a couple of hours to cool down and such. When i switched it on later everything started, only thing was that i couldnt see anything,, i was getting audio, but no visual, so tried it a couple more times but the same kept happening,, i even tried bringing my bros xbox through to see if it would work, so i hooked it up, switched the memory unit and fired it up.... same thing happened,, as u can probably tell i was really pissed off now, having had the rrod twice before, so have i somehow broke my bros xbox aswell????? Ive been on a couple of websites and some people were saying about melting some kind of card, like on the motherboard or something due to overheating,, which a couple mentioned could lead to the rrod, again. im gonna call MS in the morning to get some info from them cause i think im outwith the warranty but not sure, but thought id post a note on this, because the people in MS call centres can be useless at times.. WHEN WILL THEY MAKE A CONSOLE THAT DOESNT BREAK DOWN!!!!!! Anyway guys thanks for reading and if u have any ideas or solutions please help a gamer in need.. 666-MaC-666
How many Red Rings are there? Is there a code? You should've had these things, but I think its your memory unit. It depends on how many Red Rings you have or what code, the codee I have right now is E74, meaning ANYTHING can be wrong with my xbox.
Avatar image for LizardmanArcher
LizardmanArcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#476 LizardmanArcher
After getting the two red lights error, I replaced the standard fan with a WhisperMax. If I let it cool with the case off overnight, should the red lights stop coming up? Also, when I go to test out the console, can I test it with the case off, or would that skew the results. It was hard to take the case off, but if it would change the results, I'm willing to put it on. Does anyone know?
D0ub13_5c0r3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#477 D0ub13_5c0r3
After getting the two red lights error, I replaced the standard fan with a WhisperMax. If I let it cool with the case off overnight, should the red lights stop coming up? Also, when I go to test out the console, can I test it with the case off, or would that skew the results. It was hard to take the case off, but if it would change the results, I'm willing to put it on. Does anyone know? LizardmanArcher
I had this similar problem before. What I did was take apart my xbox. It was dusty as hell in there. After I had cleaned it out, it worked. If you font want to take your xbox apart, just blow into the fan. Dust should come out, removing some of it. Repeat this for many times. Then you could try to turn it back on. If this doesnt work, send it to MS if you want. Unless you want to try to take it apart.
crambles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#478 crambles
Member since 2009 • 158 Posts
My problem is that my xbox always overheat playing call of duty: WAW probably 2 matches in it always happens but it never happens in anyother game i have.
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#479 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

My Xbox 360 just recieved the RROD last night. But I have the two other consoles so I wasn't angry. The bad news is that I am not covered under Microsoft's warranty anymore, and I need to buy another one. The good news is that I picked up a second job at Sears, so now I can get a discount off a Xbox 360. I'm curious about the hardware revisions. At this point in time shouldn't the Arcade, Pro, and Elite all have the Jasper chip inside of them?

Saxsoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#480 Saxsoon
Member since 2007 • 1021 Posts
I think XBox hates me. I got a used one 2 months ago. It got RROD The second one had problems of freezing the games and prematurely releasing the disc. The third and most recent one has I think the beginnings of E74 as the top half of the screen is starting to get these pixels just moving around. Granted they are Gamestop used , but every time, it is under 30 days, plus i have their warranty, so they have to give me a new XBox, so I am just punishing them for giving me crap.
Zippo_skittles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#481 Zippo_skittles
HELP! I have no image on my Xbox360, but neither do i have the RROD. It is odd because as i turn it on i can hear the "boing" of the xbox logo. I have tried it on Two televisions and no luck. VERY rarely i turn it on and it works.....but VERY rarely. Also one of the times when it worked the picture was there but it was very strange, i cant quite descrbe it but everything looked very stripey. Probably doesnt matter much but where i live (England) it has gotten quite hot of late and i have owned the console from new for 2 years What should i do?
D0ub13_5c0r3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#482 D0ub13_5c0r3
My problem is that my xbox always overheat playing call of duty: WAW probably 2 matches in it always happens but it never happens in anyother game i have.crambles
Hm..try cleaning you WaW a couple of times. I know the disk probably has nothing to do with the overheating, but try it. If that dont work, blow into the fan a coupl of times, dust should come out. Try this several tims and then try it again.
D0ub13_5c0r3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#483 D0ub13_5c0r3
HELP! I have no image on my Xbox360, but neither do i have the RROD. It is odd because as i turn it on i can hear the "boing" of the xbox logo. I have tried it on Two televisions and no luck. VERY rarely i turn it on and it works.....but VERY rarely. Also one of the times when it worked the picture was there but it was very strange, i cant quite descrbe it but everything looked very stripey. Probably doesnt matter much but where i live (England) it has gotten quite hot of late and i have owned the console from new for 2 years What should i do? Zippo_skittles
Well then you might want to get nw TV cables or borrow a friends to check it. I would borrow, because thats what I'm doing.
Wet_Sand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#484 Wet_Sand
Member since 2007 • 1504 Posts
I just got the RROD about 30 minutes ago... I'm going to try and see if Target will take it back, since I have the three year extended warranty.
s-baller23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#485 s-baller23
Member since 2007 • 724 Posts

If I buy a 360 off of eBay, what are my options of protecting my 360 just in case of rrod? Can I still register it with Microsoft?

Duvilinon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#486 Duvilinon
Member since 2009 • 205 Posts

My 360s disc drive keeps giving disc read errors. Should I get a new 360 or replace the drive? My warranty has expired

cidhighwind100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#487 cidhighwind100
Member since 2005 • 658 Posts

I was using xbox live gold for about a month when it suddenly stopped connecting to my network and didn't allow me to sign in.

I try to test the connection, select my usual network and it just says 'failed'. I tried switching everything on and off.

I had no previous problems, the games play fine offline and my adaptor is detecting networks and signal strengths - could it be my console? If so do you know how I could fix it, or will I have to send it in for repair?

By the way, it ain't the internet - I have friends who live with me and their xboxes connect just fine

Any advice would be much appreciated!

dermy_burns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#488 dermy_burns
Member since 2008 • 194 Posts

Im sending my broken xbox 360 away to get fixed but it has screwdriver marks on the cover it has been opened, but the seal isnt broken well microsoft still fix it for free or send it back and say it has been tamper with.

nscrnut329

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#489 nscrnut329
Member since 2003 • 440 Posts

My 360s disc drive keeps giving disc read errors. Should I get a new 360 or replace the drive? My warranty has expired

Duvilinon

Mine did the same thing a few months ago, I took mine apart and cleaned the laser lens with rubbing alcohol and it worked fine! The just 2 days ago I got RROD (my 3rd one) I took it apart and followed some youtube videos and I'm back to playing today!!!! Amazing that it actually worked!

tubaloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#491 tubaloth

Im sending my broken xbox 360 away to get fixed but it has screwdriver marks on the cover it has been opened, but the seal isnt broken well microsoft still fix it for free or send it back and say it has been tamper with.

dermy_burns

Probably luck of the draw. They might still fix it. They might be working on it and notice it.

If it is the RROD then they might just fix it and send it back. If it was another problem they might not.

II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#492 II-FBIsniper-II
Just got my 360 back :) ... with a broken face plate. :( I called and they said they'll send a new face plate, so its all good.
666-MaC-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#493 666-MaC-666
Hey man, thanks for the response, but ive not got any red lights or error messages, tried swapping the cables too but its still not working. tried to get rrod so i could send it back to ms as ive got a couple of months warranty left, i tried the towel trick and it worked, for a couple of days, then it goes again but still no red rings,,,, any ideas????? do u think if i just send it into xbox then they will repair it for free? cause they might not check it thoroughly as so many have had the problem??? wb man, cheers..
D0ub13_5c0r3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#494 D0ub13_5c0r3
Hey man, thanks for the response, but ive not got any red lights or error messages, tried swapping the cables too but its still not working. tried to get rrod so i could send it back to ms as ive got a couple of months warranty left, i tried the towel trick and it worked, for a couple of days, then it goes again but still no red rings,,,, any ideas????? do u think if i just send it into xbox then they will repair it for free? cause they might not check it thoroughly as so many have had the problem??? wb man, cheers..666-MaC-666
They should. If you still got your warranty going.
D0ub13_5c0r3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#495 D0ub13_5c0r3

If I buy a 360 off of eBay, what are my options of protecting my 360 just in case of rrod? Can I still register it with Microsoft?

s-baller23
The chances are just as they are when you first get it. And you should be able to register it, make sure the owner of the xbox has made a discription with the xbox. If s/he got the RRoD in the past, chances are that the xbox might the RRoD again. Hope this helped. [QUOTE="cidhighwind100"]

I was using xbox live gold for about a month when it suddenly stopped connecting to my network and didn't allow me to sign in.

I try to test the connection, select my usual network and it just says 'failed'. I tried switching everything on and off.

I had no previous problems, the games play fine offline and my adaptor is detecting networks and signal strengths - could it be my console? If so do you know how I could fix it, or will I have to send it in for repair?

Try unplugging the cords at the back and wait for 20 seconds. Try it again. If it dont work, contact Xbox support.

By the way, it ain't the internet - I have friends who live with me and their xboxes connect just fine

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Avatar image for Elefairpaclowin
Elefairpaclowin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#496 Elefairpaclowin
Member since 2006 • 39 Posts

If an Xbox 360 were in a well ventilated area, how long would it take for it to begin overheating if it were a Jasper chipset? How long would it take for a Falcon chipset? These questions are aimed towards someone playing a game from beginning to when the system would begin overheating.

tubaloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#497 tubaloth

If an Xbox 360 were in a well ventilated area, how long would it take for it to begin overheating if it were a Jasper chipset? How long would it take for a Falcon chipset? These questions are aimed towards someone playing a game from beginning to when the system would begin overheating.

Elefairpaclowin

Thats impossable to tell. Jasper is more likely. I think Falcon still break down, but getting pretty rare.

Most of it isn't going to bring down just one time. Its going to break down after you us it a lot for a long time. I mean once you put a couple of 6 hours on it, it could break (at least the older ones would).

tubaloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#498 tubaloth

Got my xbox back today. I was trying to figure out what they did, because the SN was the same (So really I got mine back).

But I could tell it wasn't mine any more. They must have just gutted it and put some Refurbished insides with the same old Case and SN and Manufacture date. So even though its the older chip set, because they put it in my older case my three years is up this Augs.

I can tell it has a different DVD drive then my old one does. I can't tell if its better or worst. I could also see different dirt spects on different parts that mine didn't have.

Well see how it goes.

chris1207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#499 chris1207
Hi there, I have had my xbox elite resident evil 5 bundle since March 12th of 09. And lastnight I was playing halo 3 and 3 lights were flashing what does that mean? I turned everything off and turned it back on and now its fine been playing for 2 1/2 hours now.
tsikki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#500 tsikki
Member since 2006 • 283 Posts

Thought that I could avoid the E74, seems I was wrong... Now waiting my Xbox back from repair. Didn't even realize how addicted I was until now :D And my god what good games will be released by the time it gets back! Can't wait!!!!