Most overrated game? (X360)

• 164 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jknight5422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#152 jknight5422
Member since 2003 • 1992 Posts

For me Mass effect, it's a great game, but just not my cup of tea.Delta055

Really? I've already spent 20 hours playing it in one week's time. I don't even feel like I'm 1/3rd of the way through the game either! It definitely feels like it's going to take longer than 50 hours to complete.

705H1R0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 705H1R0
Member since 2005 • 373 Posts

Yea looking back a lot of the games listed here are disappointing in some ways.

I'ts hard for me to call a game overrated if it receives reviews only a point higher than what it deserves. After all a great game is a great game.

But I think some don't even deserve 9s, like BioShock. The art was great, and the range of weapons and plasmids and upgrades was good, but the sound design was actually pretty terrible and the story was just a retelling of System Shock 2 with a different setting and different characters.

GoW wasn't a great game so much as it was a satisfying game. All the things I've wanted to do in a shooter have been gathered up and put into a single, amazing looking package.

Assassin's Creed was amazing. I've written about this many times before, but a huge problem with the game is the GPS. With GPS on, you know exactly where you have to go and what you have to do. You sprint from point to point and the city is only an obstacle to get in your way. Turn off the HUD however, and you have to actually explore the city, get to know your way around, and searching for your next objective becomes much more immersive.

Halo 3 was fun but way too short, had too much backtracking, and left out several little details that would have made the game so much better.

CoD4 was a genuinely great game. True, it didn't do much in terms of innovative gameplay, but the way the game presents itself is a big step in the right direction. And let's face it, it has some of the best FPS multiplayer action ever.

Lastly, GTAIV. On the whole this game was amazing, I've spent 100+ hours on it. But it occured to me that while it does have a good sense of mission variety, some of the more unique ones you only get to do once, like where you're hanging off the back of that van. Though you seem to meet a good number of characters, to me it felt like you only scratched the surface of each backstory. At the end of every mission arc I still wanted to know more about what was going on. Besides that, I also think they didn't utilize the Euphoria engine quite as much as they could have. I also would have liked to see more activities available outside the story arcs, besides just the vigilante missions and the other minigames.

Boogalate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Boogalate
Member since 2003 • 238 Posts
gta blows.
jknight5422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 jknight5422

I haven't found a game that I can call over-rated that I actually own. I own some awful games but they weren't over-rated. Halo 3, GoW & the other main games have been a lot of fun. I wouldn't call them 10 games. I'm guessing GTA IV, with a 10 is over-rated, but I'm sure I'll love it as much as I loved Vice City & San Andreas.

skatefreak89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#156 skatefreak89
Member since 2004 • 5423 Posts
GTA4, I played all the previous GTA's and this one did nothing to me. also Mass Effect couldn't keep me busy for more than a few hours
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#157 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
[QUOTE="2011_SEAL"]

Assasin's Creed is a boring game

full_disclosure

What he said!

There fixed.

PyroPice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#158 PyroPice
Member since 2007 • 443 Posts
Same two answers I put in the pc forum, COD 4 and Oblivion, but are nothing special and but are treated like gifts from the gods.
jknight5422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 jknight5422

GTA4, I played all the previous GTA's and this one did nothing to me. also Mass Effect couldn't keep me busy for more than a few hoursskatefreak89

I guess I'm the only one that likes Mass Effect. One thing about the game is it requires a lot of reading & some learning curve to understand all of the different menus and what everything does. I've always liked complex RPGs with lot's of detail to them on my PC.

lamech777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 lamech777
Member since 2006 • 449 Posts

Halo 3 no way(the whole series, actually), GTA IV mad(10/10 score should have gone to San Andreas), Orange Box whatever(Portal was the only game worthy of a high score. It should have been released by itself), Assassin's Creed puke(just terrible. Glad I rented & not bought).

Out of all the games I played last year on every system I own, Bioshock was the best.

solo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 solo4321
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts

overrated is oblivion

underated is prey

jknight5422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 jknight5422

That's funny because I only tried the demo of Bioshock to completely hate it. The game made me dizzy and so did Half-life2/Orangeboxpuke. Halo 3 was fun, but the point about Halo for me was that we had Xbox/Halo 2 game room at work where we would spend extended lunch breaks killing each other. I never even played the Halo single-player series until Halo 3 came out. Then I went & played Halo 2 single player, using the easy setting just to zip through & catch up on the storyline, then played Halo 3 in Legendary mode single player. I'm glad it's just a trilogy.

Halo 3 no way(the whole series, actually), GTA IV mad(10/10 score should have gone to San Andreas), Orange Box whatever(Portal was the only game worthy of a high score. It should have been released by itself), Assassin's Creed puke(just terrible. Glad I rented & not bought).

Out of all the games I played last year on every system I own, Bioshock was the best.

lamech777
w4rgasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#163 w4rgasm
Member since 2005 • 1253 Posts
Assassin's Creed or Halo. Both were good but not up to what everyone said.
leighdabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 leighdabee
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Halo 3 for def. ppl were talkin bout it for weeks nd when it came out it was played for bout a week until pl got bored.

nd how can you say oblivio is over-rated!? it is one of the most in-depth, varied and fun game ever!!

Quintinius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Quintinius
Member since 2006 • 1050 Posts

CoD 4. Seriously, what the hell is with everyone loving it? I mean, you turn corner, shoot, kill, die, repeat. THERE'S NO OTHER GAMEPLAY!

Halo 3 on the other hand has almost become underrated with the amount of people hating on it. I mean, it can't be overrated if everyone hates it, right?

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#166 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

CoD 4. Seriously, what the hell is with everyone loving it? I mean, you turn corner, shoot, kill, die, repeat. THERE'S NO OTHER GAMEPLAY!

Halo 3 on the other hand has almost become underrated with the amount of people hating on it. I mean, it can't be overrated if everyone hates it, right?

Quintinius
Yeah, but Halo 3 had high scores from critics, because of that it's still overrated. Another overrated thread, we should sticky it.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#167 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
Hardly anyone says Madden on here: They get high scores for the most part with features so little that they're practically the same games you've played before, EA might as well let you download new features for free, paying 60 dollars for 95% of the same game each year is absurd.
Dave_442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Dave_442
Member since 2008 • 405 Posts

I was pretty disappointed wiith GTA 4 and im not exactly sure why. When the old ones first came out, I could play them for hours and hours. With GTA 4 however I found myself turning it off after an hour or two...still a pretty decent game I guess but not worthy of 10/10 in my opinion.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#169 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
COD4 online, Gears versus mode and Assassins Creed
tOtalPWNaAe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points