Most overrated game? (X360)

• 164 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Neekoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Neekoh
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Has to be CoD4. This game is pretty good when you get started but when you start getting levels up it just gets plain boring. Nothing to do.
UnknownDarknes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 UnknownDarknes
Member since 2007 • 151 Posts
I think that goes to Bioshock, it was a good game but the way some people talked about this game made it seem like God came down from heaven. It was good but not as good as people claim it to be. I'd give it a high 7 low 8 score.TM1
This sums it up for me. But GTAIV is a good game but i felt disapointed at the end....The last lot of missions really sucked.
Darkzero6x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Darkzero6x2
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
[QUOTE="TM1"]I think that goes to Bioshock, it was a good game but the way some people talked about this game made it seem like God came down from heaven. It was good but not as good as people claim it to be. I'd give it a high 7 low 8 score.UnknownDarknes
This sums it up for me. But GTAIV is a good game but i felt disapointed at the end....The last lot of missions really sucked.

I'll agree to that. I too felt like the last of the GTA levels were lazy. like...i dont know they just didnt feel very aspiring to me. that was the disappointment to me on that game. it was fun but i dont think i'll be playing it much longer if at all anymore
klausklaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 klausklaus
Member since 2005 • 268 Posts

GTA4 for sure. Its good, but by no means a 10.

Bioshock second ...

Jabstor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#106 Jabstor
Member since 2008 • 74 Posts
HALO 3
goskateboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 goskateboard
Member since 2005 • 202 Posts
COD 4 and Assassin's Creed
Pouria_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108 Pouria_T
Member since 2006 • 35 Posts
GTA IV , 10/10 ???? WTF
Vadoc81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#109 Vadoc81
Member since 2008 • 541 Posts
Halo 3, Not has good has Halo 2.
ilantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#110 ilantis
Member since 2006 • 185 Posts
Gutar Hero/Rock Band. Forza motorsport 2, The Darkness
RagdollMan98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 RagdollMan98
Member since 2007 • 131 Posts
Halo 3! Hands down, no contest!
mojoGIGGEDY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 mojoGIGGEDY

Cod 4

All my mates were raving about this. All I got out of £40 was an easy as hell campaign and a multiplayer that didnt nearly have the standards tat was hyped. And people knock Gta and gears because there not first person shooters like every other god damn game on the market nowadays. Also FEAR. Gunplay sucked, little ammo, i didn't find it "chilling" and The Darkness Pwns it.

-Sphere-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#113 -Sphere-
Member since 2008 • 1063 Posts
CoD4 very bland shooter that is nothing special. It is hardly different than CoD2.
GreaterthanG0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 GreaterthanG0d
Member since 2006 • 452 Posts

HALO 3 and ELDER SCROLLS IV : OBLIVION

Both are stupendously average games. However, I still gave them a high score, because theyre fun to play, and have a lot of replay value. Still, on the technical side, and the innovation side...... 0

F4t4lity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 F4t4lity
Member since 2008 • 219 Posts

the darkness... boring as hell

playtime: 1 hr

money spent: $60

snowblind54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 snowblind54
Member since 2005 • 161 Posts

[QUOTE="bulletsword"][QUOTE="rrandolph"]I find these threads to be the most hilarious. None of these games are overrated, but I guess you can have an opinion. I think I'm gonna make my own thread. It's gonna b called "Who whines and cries about little issues in blockbuster titles!" :cry:rrandolph

so you think Halo 3 is deserving of a 9.5 and GTAIV is deserving of a 10/10? Face it, man. No game is that perfect.

Yeah I do. Your right no game is perfect so why cry when you find out it's not. I didn't say anything about a perfect game u did. To me 10/10 doesn't mean perfect as you stated no game is perfect. They are programmed by humans so how can they be perfect. 10/10 means the best not perfect. I think that's where yall whole logic goes out the window.

I definitely agree with u and yur 1st post was hilarious.

Iqen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#117 Iqen
Member since 2007 • 551 Posts
BioShock is probably the most overrated game this era.
jason320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#118 jason320
Member since 2006 • 314 Posts
>>Halo3
abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts

Halo 3. I find it to be stupendously average.basilbasil

Hands down, agreed.

GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 GSU28
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts
Bioshock.
Avatar image for Hincha_de_River
Hincha_de_River

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Hincha_de_River
Member since 2008 • 40 Posts
Halo 3
clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts

the darkness... boring as hell

playtime: 1 hr

money spent: $60

F4t4lity
WHOA!!!!.......while not the best game to date, The Darkness was still a great game.
upside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 upside
Member since 2003 • 152 Posts
Gears of War. I mean cmon the game has been $60 for how long!??
jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#125 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts

While I've not honestly played that many overrated games myself (I'd like to say Halo 3 is overrated, since I bet I'd think it is, but since I've not played it, I'll keep my opinions to myself), but allow me to comment on the games other people are mentioning.

GTA4 - What? I've you're hyper-critical than perhaps it deserves a 9.5 or even a 9, but that's far from the MOST overrated game on the 360. I can think of at least one 360 game that got a 9 and deserved like a 6...you know what game I'm talking about (think N64). I don't see how you can bash GTA4 as the MOST overrated game unless you come in with a bias towards generally not liking GTA games.

Bioshock - Honestly, I enjoyed Bioshock. I know a lot of people who didn't enjoy it, but to deny the workmanship and talent that went into it is downright unfair. Why not just say the game's not your type of game and move on?

Oblivion - Gamespot gave Oblivion a 9.6, and I agree that may be a bit high considering Morrowind scored in the 8-range. However, as mentioned above, I don't think Oblivion's more than 1 over its appropriate score, so while it is, perhaps, overrated, calling it the MOST overrated game is simply an exaggeration, plain and simple.

brad52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 brad52
Member since 2004 • 269 Posts

GTA 4 no dout

Hatefish2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Hatefish2
Member since 2006 • 1783 Posts

I've never played GTA4, and I've had tons of people tell it's amazing and new but either way it doesn't peak my interest at all.

I'd have to say just from looking at it it doesn't deserve a 10.. 10's should be rare and I knew GTA4 would get a 10 long before it came out, just to increase sales and hype I'm sure.

2011_SEAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 2011_SEAL

geta life. Assasin's Creed is a great game

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
Although I'm enjoying this game, I belive the Elder Scrolls: Oblivion is the most overated game.
99skylinegtr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 99skylinegtr
Member since 2004 • 2123 Posts
gta4 and halo 3. dont get me wrong, gta4 was a great game and everything, but not at all worth all the 10s it got. i enjoyed san andreas a lot more and that didnt get 10s. and halo 3 is totally just average
Asad197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Asad197
Member since 2005 • 148 Posts
Wow people are saying gears is overrated? it is the best game in my opinion. And the most overrated game is Halo 3. I really tried to like it but could not get into it. it is just same as every other fps out there.
MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#132 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts

by gamespot- Halo 3, Madden 08

by players- Call of duty 4

DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#133 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

in my opinion here's the list of the most overrated ever

1. Halo 3

2. GTA IV

3. Assasins Creed

Most overhyped : Halo 3, closely followed by Gears of War 2

Vadoc81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Vadoc81
Member since 2008 • 541 Posts
Halo 3. I find it really boring...
Franchise2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Franchise2k6
Member since 2005 • 2052 Posts
GTA IV is wayyyyyyy over-rated. Have u played the online? i still dont get why it got a 10 from most websites
GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 GSU28
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts

While I've not honestly played that many overrated games myself (I'd like to say Halo 3 is overrated, since I bet I'd think it is, but since I've not played it, I'll keep my opinions to myself), but allow me to comment on the games other people are mentioning.

GTA4 - What? I've you're hyper-critical than perhaps it deserves a 9.5 or even a 9, but that's far from the MOST overrated game on the 360. I can think of at least one 360 game that got a 9 and deserved like a 6...you know what game I'm talking about (think N64). I don't see how you can bash GTA4 as the MOST overrated game unless you come in with a bias towards generally not liking GTA games.

Bioshock - Honestly, I enjoyed Bioshock. I know a lot of people who didn't enjoy it, but to deny the workmanship and talent that went into it is downright unfair. Why not just say the game's not your type of game and move on?

Oblivion - Gamespot gave Oblivion a 9.6, and I agree that may be a bit high considering Morrowind scored in the 8-range. However, as mentioned above, I don't think Oblivion's more than 1 over its appropriate score, so while it is, perhaps, overrated, calling it the MOST overrated game is simply an exaggeration, plain and simple.

jalexbrown

GTA IV- I agree. It isn't overrated, though it did not deserve a 10. It is one thing to disregard a minor issue in the context of a masterpiece, but it is another thing to ignore many minor issues and a couple significant issues and still give it a 10/10.

Oblivion- I also agree. Most people list reasons why they think it is overrated, but instead of listing valid reasons for their complaints they simply list reasons they personally disagree with the games. Such as complaining the game is too open or too deep, some people like to be guided by the hand with every action. Those are opinions, not reasons for why a game should considered overrated.

Bioshock- I entirely disagree. I do believe this game is incredibly overrated. The graphics are actually very poor, disagree with me? Watch the opening cutscenes and look past the shadows and the textures are actually blocky. Also...

*Spoiler Alert*

-

-

-

"Would you kindly?" Really? I mean, come on. That is an extremely lame plot twist. Half the things Atlas told you to do were things you would have done in the first place because they were necessary for survival. It is like telling a starving person to eat and after they do so you tell them it is mindcontroll. Ridiculous. I understand needing a guide to get you started, but eventually the plot became extremely convoluted and straying far from what was originally a brilliant premise. I was extremely disappointed with this game. It is a very good game, but at most deserves an 8.5. The amount of critical praise it has recieved is unjustified.

Walker34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Walker34
Member since 2005 • 1471 Posts
I agree with Halo and gears. They are good games but i really didn't think they were that great. Most of the games getting high 9's are pretty overrated imo.
Peter_Cheek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#138 Peter_Cheek
Member since 2007 • 640 Posts

I would have to say GTAIV. Perfect games come around once every few years, and I don't think that this one is it.Yokuz1166

I agree but I would say it's not only not it .It's not even close.

Read my review if you want to know why.

rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
Gears of War.
KatanaRaHmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 KatanaRaHmA
God I think GoW is really overrated. Online multiplayer boils down to 2 guys on opposite teams rolling around trying to kil each other with shotguns
40_GLOCC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 40_GLOCC
Member since 2006 • 560 Posts

[QUOTE="Tokeism"]Gears of WarElann2008

*giggles*

More Giggles

jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#143 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts
[QUOTE="jalexbrown"]

GSU28

GTA IV- I agree. It isn't overrated, though it did not deserve a 10. It is one thing to disregard a minor issue in the context of a masterpiece, but it is another thing to ignore many minor issues and a couple significant issues and still give it a 10/10.

Oblivion- I also agree. Most people list reasons why they think it is overrated, but instead of listing valid reasons for their complaints they simply list reasons they personally disagree with the games. Such as complaining the game is too open or too deep, some people like to be guided by the hand with every action. Those are opinions, not reasons for why a game should considered overrated.

Bioshock- I entirely disagree. I do believe this game is incredibly overrated. The graphics are actually very poor, disagree with me? Watch the opening cutscenes and look past the shadows and the textures are actually blocky. Also...

*Spoiler Alert*

-

-

-

"Would you kindly?" Really? I mean, come on. That is an extremely lame plot twist. Half the things Atlas told you to do were things you would have done in the first place because they were necessary for survival. It is like telling a starving person to eat and after they do so you tell them it is mindcontroll. Ridiculous. I understand needing a guide to get you started, but eventually the plot became extremely convoluted and straying far from what was originally a brilliant premise. I was extremely disappointed with this game. It is a very good game, but at most deserves an 8.5. The amount of critical praise it has recieved is unjustified.

While I kindly thank you for your aggreance, I must say something about your dislike of Bioshock...

Perhaps the graphics have aged a bit and perhaps the story is a bit out there, but the graphics were great when this game came out and the story...well, okay, so the story was kind of dumb. Big deal. They actually took a stale genre and tried some new gameplay elements. At least it wasn't another retarded World War 2 shooter; God, I'm so tired fo those.

gigaman299

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 gigaman299
Member since 2004 • 1735 Posts

GTA4, after all, it IS the highest rated 360 game. ;)
...but in all seriousness, Oblivion. I just didn't enjoy it.

gamecubeown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 gamecubeown
Member since 2007 • 327 Posts
call of duty 4
Avatar image for full_disclosure
full_disclosure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 full_disclosure
Member since 2008 • 955 Posts

geta life. Assasin's Creed is a great game

2011_SEAL
What he said!
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#147 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

halo 3

asss creed

nfs postreet~they messed that game up

Josepiphus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Josepiphus
Member since 2003 • 571 Posts
I really like all the games listed pretty much. I guess I don't listen to hype really so living up to it isn't an issue.
joshua6775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#149 joshua6775
Member since 2004 • 377 Posts
Gears of War, Halo 2 and 3, Asassins Creed....all of these games were letdowns to me. If I didn't get slammed for fanboyism or trolling I'd say that a certain intallment of another "gear" game on another system is gonna be a stinker too, but that whole franchise is kinda junk anyway (MGS4GOTP).
bakalhau90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 bakalhau90
Member since 2004 • 2264 Posts

Wow.

I must be the only one that doesn't find Gears Of War, Halo 3, Call Of Duty 4 and Bioshock overrated. I've honestly enjoyed ALL of them, even if I don't play Gears anymore. In fact out of some 10 games I own, I don't find any of them overrated or to be a dissapointment. I suppose I only buy a game when I have a feeling I'll like it.