Most overrated game? (X360)

• 164 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DannyDelorian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51 DannyDelorian
Member since 2008 • 370 Posts

[QUOTE="magicalclick"]Assasin's Creed. Super boring game.lukekey

Same

Also same. Played it at my mates for a few hours to get the feel, never again

Bladefighter23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Bladefighter23
Member since 2005 • 1201 Posts
GTAIV
SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
GTA4 without a doubt in my mind it should of gotten like an 8.0
Avatar image for Simulator_Shock
Simulator_Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#55 Simulator_Shock
Member since 2006 • 1698 Posts
Halo 3 and GTA IV both lived up no where near the hype they were building.
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#56 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts

A.Creed - nice looking game, but became way too repetative

Mass Effect - great story, but the side missions and actual fighting was a bore.

clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts

in a pure sense of hype, halo 3 was one of the most hyped games ever, and it did not live up to itthEsl1ck3st1

Ok, what I do not get is how hype ruins a game? What did you expect that you did not get (not just you but everyone that says "Oh, it was so hyped"

Avatar image for strokersmoker07
strokersmoker07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#58 strokersmoker07
Member since 2007 • 199 Posts
gta 4
xxIMoRTaLlxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 xxIMoRTaLlxx
Member since 2008 • 318 Posts
Halo 3
TM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 TM1
Member since 2004 • 7249 Posts
I think that goes to Bioshock, it was a good game but the way some people talked about this game made it seem like God came down from heaven. It was good but not as good as people claim it to be. I'd give it a high 7 low 8 score.
mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#61 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
Halo 3. like someone else said, it's only average, and awfully similar to Halo 2
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#62 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
halo 3, its good but no where near hype.
Gytex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Gytex
Member since 2006 • 240 Posts

Assassins Creed

1upMushroomX6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#64 1upMushroomX6
Member since 2007 • 831 Posts

either, gta iv (i think its a 9.0-9.5), gears of war (9.0), halo 3 (9.0), call of duty 4 (at some websites) but 9.0 is fine, thats about it

jacim91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 jacim91
Member since 2007 • 120 Posts
Halo franchise they all suckkkkkkkkk
KrazyC18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 KrazyC18
Member since 2006 • 1535 Posts
Halo 3. I find it to be stupendously average.basilbasil
QFT
Delta055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Delta055
Member since 2003 • 1024 Posts
For me Mass effect, it's a great game, but just not my cup of tea.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#68 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

For the 360? Call of Duty 4, easily.

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#69 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
Call of Duty 4. Did none of the people who think COD4 is so great play the earlier games? They were the same thing!
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#70 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
Madden insert year here Halo 3 Oblivion (I'd rather have avian flu than play this bore again! :evil: )
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 codezer0
[QUOTE="II-FBIsniper-II"]Call of Duty 4. Did none of the people who think COD4 is so great play the earlier games? They were the same thing!

I've played all the previous CoD's leading up to 4. CoD4 was decidedly original given that it deals with modern combat instead of the same WW2 bit, and was refreshing because unlike prior entries, you didn't have that "star spangled" jingo-ism in trying to make American soldiers look like some kind of supersoldiers, and that it acknowledged that there are plenty of great men in armed forces serving nations named something other than America.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 vashkey

Call of Duty 4. Did none of the people who think COD4 is so great play the earlier games? They were the same thing!II-FBIsniper-II

Theres no need to ask. Call of Duty 4 by a long shot is the best selling Call of Duty game. So alot of the Call of Duty 4 fans never played the earlier games.

Most people don't even know what their talking about when they praise CoD4. Call of Duty 2 had all of what 4 has and more. And 4 has nothing on United Offence.

lordmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 lordmt
Member since 2005 • 1067 Posts

Gears of WarTokeism

Say what. YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME. Its rated high because it kicks major ass. WOW. JUST WOW.

lordmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 lordmt
Member since 2005 • 1067 Posts

[QUOTE="basilbasil"]Halo 3. I find it to be stupendously average.KrazyC18
QFT

Wow . Get off this board.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 vashkey

[QUOTE="Tokeism"]Gears of Warlordmt

Say what. YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME. Its rated high because it kicks major ass. WOW. JUST WOW.

It's fun no doubt, but I can see why some people could say it's over rated or even dislike it.

The multiplayer is really shallow and can be pretty unbalanced. And by todays standards, four vs four can sim a bit under welming. One could argue Gears is only half a game. And the campaign is pretty short.... Not Call of Duty 4 short, but short none the less.

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 codezer0

[QUOTE="KrazyC18"][QUOTE="basilbasil"]Halo 3. I find it to be stupendously average.lordmt

QFT

You first. If you dare say "b-b-but t3h h4l0 +hr33 w4$ r3v0lu+10n4r333!!111!1eleven", you only go to prove what an epic n00b you are while accusing others of being so. Halo has done nothing that hasn't already been done before, and Halo 3 only bastardized everything that was even remotely good about the first two games.
SirFatalChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#77 SirFatalChaos
Member since 2005 • 1986 Posts

GTA 4! GTA 4! GTA 4! GTA 4! GTA 4!

8/10 at best. Saints Row was better.

DataDIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 DataDIE
Member since 2005 • 78 Posts

Without a doubt GTAIV

I would say Halo 3, but I don't see it getting 10/10s everywhere.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 vashkey
[QUOTE="lordmt"]

[QUOTE="KrazyC18"][QUOTE="basilbasil"]Halo 3. I find it to be stupendously average.codezer0

QFT

You first. If you dare say "b-b-but t3h h4l0 +hr33 w4$ r3v0lu+10n4r333!!111!1eleven", you only go to prove what an epic n00b you are while accusing others of being so. Halo has done nothing that hasn't already been done before, and Halo 3 only bastardized everything that was even remotely good about the first two games.

Please, explain.

By the way, it's very rare that console game provide map editors, saved films, customizable game variants, let alone sharing them with other users. Not to mention it's one of the only if not the only 360 game that provide 4-player co-op campaign wit cut scenes in tact.

I could say the same about CoD4 though. It does nothing new. But since when does a game have to do new things in order to be fun?

I can understand saying Halo 3 is over rated, but saying it's bad is a bit to far. And it's not Halo's fault you over hyped it.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#80 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
seriously what do "hype" means i never read anyone saying halo would the best game ever, or the final experience or master chief is the second coming of jesus , what i heard was halo is coming, halo looks like a good game (and at least for me it is) so really if anyone touches the HYPE theme please explain why do you say it and to answre the thread for me it got to be GTA IV its not my kind of game and I dont know anyone that says its the best game on 360
nahmean187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#81 nahmean187
Member since 2008 • 640 Posts
halo 3 didtn do nething revolutionary but its still better than 95% of the shooters out there. for me oblivion could be the most overrated just cuz i never rly got into it. thats just me though.
jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#82 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts
While it's still a great game, I'd have to go with GTAIV, I understand it's a technical feat, a work of art, and the most ultra-realistic approach ever taken to a game, but that doesn't count for squat if it's not fun to play. It's good for me, but only in short bursts as the missions make the game probably one of the most repetetive games I've ever played.
pjV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 pjV2
Member since 2007 • 196 Posts

Gears Of Bore is really overrated, but, it pails in comparison to the most hyped mediocre shooter of all time: Bioshock.Andrew_Xavier

Dude wtf Bioshock is not mediocre. But I really dont use the word overrated. If a game is very popular and I dont like it as much as everybody else....why care.

cupcake_JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#84 cupcake_JR
Member since 2005 • 279 Posts

Gears of war.

It's good but I've personally heard people saying it's the best FPS ever made which I don't get at all. Did a lot of things very well and really bombed on a lot of others.

Althax

wtf? 1. gears of war is the greatest, and 2 its not even an fps...

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 codezer0

Please, explain.

By the way, it's very rare that console game provide map editors, saved films, customizable game variants, let alone sharing them with other users. Not to mention it's one of the only if not the only 360 game that provide 4-player co-op campaign wit cut scenes in tact.

I could say the same about CoD4 though. It does nothing new. But since when does a game have to do new things in order to be fun?

I can understand saying Halo 3 is over rated, but saying it's bad is a bit to far. And it's not Halo's fault you over hyped it.

vashkey
map editor? you call Forge a map editor? Shows what fail is in your post already. Forge in Halo 3 is NOT a map editor. You can't make your own maps in it. And you don't really have any ability to edit anything on the map. Map editors were already done earlier and better in console gaming. The best example was the one in Timesplitters Future Perfect. You could make SP/campaign and MP maps from scratch with it, and even put in A.I. bots in places for good measure on the MP maps (obviously you'd expect this for the SP ones). In Pariah, you also had the ability to freely alter the terrain in the maps you created. oh, and did you forget so quickly that Forge is the name of the map maker in the original Marathon, a.k.a. Halo 4? Forge in Marathon let you create maps from scratch and alter them as you pleased, too. Saved Films? This has been done earlier and better in nearly every sports genre in the market. Skate (while having come out after Halo 3) took it a step or two further by allowing players to edit their own replays to create a highlight reel of sorts and then upload/share them youtube-style. Customizable game variants? pfft. Only things I'd ever seen were just dicked around junk people did in Forge mode and basically made it up as they went along. My biggest unadulterated gripe with Halo 3's campaign is the fact that it is such a blatant tease, and the fact that Bungie made it so that you'd have to co-op with four people if you actually wanted to get through it on Legendary. I for one enjoyed the campaign in Halo: CE, and part of that was because it was entirely doable on your own. Oh yea, and as if they aren't kidding anyone about how they pulled a George Lucas in that Halo leads directly into Marathon. **** at least Lucas was up front about the fact that the "new" trilogy is a prequel. Bungie still tries to act all coy and claim that Halo and Marathon are unrelated. But anyone with half a brain and info on the plot lines for both games will clearly see that Halo basically is the prequel to Marathon. I never said anything about CoD4 being a completely original property. It is original in the sense that it is decidedly different from the WW2-era stuff the series used to be all about. But what CoD4 did was focus on doing what it did very well, and at least ensuring the player a sense that even the hardest parts (such as "Mile High Club") were still doable. By contrast, Halo 3 even on Heroic felt like the game was not-so-subtly telling me I had to go pay another $50 to find three other random people to try and campaign with in hopes of getting through the p.o.s. on anything higher than Normal. And unlike Halo, the quality of the story and Campaign in CoD4 is there, and very well executed, which is more than I can say for any Bungie game post-Halo:CE. I never bought into the hype of Halo 3... in fact, after playing Halo 2 online, I knew this game was going to be crap. I only have it in my "played games" list because my neighbor had bought a copy, while not having his own 360, and thus insisted on playing it on mine. Since then, I'm just glad that I don't have to look at that POS again.
Ganodon44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Ganodon44
Member since 2006 • 627 Posts
Halo 3.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 vashkey
[QUOTE="vashkey"]

Please, explain.

codezer0

map editor? you call Forge a map editor? Shows what fail is in your post already. Forge in Halo 3 is NOT a map editor. You can't make your own maps in it. And you don't really have any ability to edit anything on the map. Map editors were already done earlier and better in console gaming. The best example was the one in Timesplitters Future Perfect. You could make SP/campaign and MP maps from scratch with it, and even put in A.I. bots in places for good measure on the MP maps (obviously you'd expect this for the SP ones). In Pariah, you also had the ability to freely alter the terrain in the maps you created. oh, and did you forget so quickly that Forge is the name of the map maker in the original Marathon, a.k.a. Halo 4? Forge in Marathon let you create maps from scratch and alter them as you pleased, too. Saved Films? This has been done earlier and better in nearly every sports genre in the market. Skate (while having come out after Halo 3) took it a step or two further by allowing players to edit their own replays to create a highlight reel of sorts and then upload/share them youtube-style. Customizable game variants? pfft. Only things I'd ever seen were just dicked around junk people did in Forge mode and basically made it up as they went along. My biggest unadulterated gripe with Halo 3's campaign is the fact that it is such a blatant tease, and the fact that Bungie made it so that you'd have to co-op with four people if you actually wanted to get through it on Legendary. I for one enjoyed the campaign in Halo: CE, and part of that was because it was entirely doable on your own. Oh yea, and as if they aren't kidding anyone about how they pulled a George Lucas in that Halo leads directly into Marathon. **** at least Lucas was up front about the fact that the "new" trilogy is a prequel. Bungie still tries to act all coy and claim that Halo and Marathon are unrelated. But anyone with half a brain and info on the plot lines for both games will clearly see that Halo basically is the prequel to Marathon. I never said anything about CoD4 being a completely original property. It is original in the sense that it is decidedly different from the WW2-era stuff the series used to be all about. But what CoD4 did was focus on doing what it did very well, and at least ensuring the player a sense that even the hardest parts (such as "Mile High Club") were still doable. By contrast, Halo 3 even on Heroic felt like the game was not-so-subtly telling me I had to go pay another $50 to find three other random people to try and campaign with in hopes of getting through the p.o.s. on anything higher than Normal. And unlike Halo, the quality of the story and Campaign in CoD4 is there, and very well executed, which is more than I can say for any Bungie game post-Halo:CE. I never bought into the hype of Halo 3... in fact, after playing Halo 2 online, I knew this game was going to be crap. I only have it in my "played games" list because my neighbor had bought a copy, while not having his own 360, and thus insisted on playing it on mine. Since then, I'm just glad that I don't have to look at that POS again.

Forge is a map editor, you fail. I didn't say it was the best one and I didn't say it was the only one. And you can alter the terain, you just need to get creative.

Halo isn't competing with sports games, you fail.

You haven't seen many variants cuz you don't play Halo 3. You fail.

Cortana is not a hard level. And if you suck that bad, just play it on easy. That was the first complaint I've ever heard of Halo being to hard. Most people say it's to easy.

And if you did not hype Halo 3, then it was not over hyped.

Isn't funoy how you didn't actually provide any evidence as to how Halo 3 is average or bad? Yeah, I thought so to.

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 codezer0

Forge is a map editor, you fail. I didn't say it was the best one and I didn't say it was the only one. And you can alter the terain, you just need to get creative.

vashkey
Creative in what? finding new ways to teabag someone? You fail.

Halo isn't competing with sports games, you fail.

vashkey
Yet it directly ripped off the replay feature off every sports game made in the last ten-plus years, and racing games from the last five or so years. And even then it does so poorly. You fail.

You haven't seen many variants cuz you don't play Halo 3. You fail.

vashkey
I played Halo 3 and still didn't see any. What more do you want? You troll.

Cortana is not a hard level. And if you suck that bad, just play it on easy. That was the first complaint I've ever heard of Halo being to hard. Most people say it's to easy.

vashkey
Cry moar, n00b. This is coming from a guy that's already played through Halo 1 and 2 on Heroic ON MY OWN before even attempting Legendary on either game, and finished Mile High Club faster than you ever will. You fail, troll.

And if you did not hype Halo 3, then it was not over hyped.

Isn't funoy how you didn't actually provide any evidence as to how Halo 3 is average or bad? Yeah, I thought so to.

vashkey
Isn't it funny how you used flawed logic and chose to attack me than bring up any valid points? Yea, I thought so too.
SystemoDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 SystemoDown
Member since 2008 • 150 Posts

CoD4, GTAIV, Halo

I dont see what you guys are saying about assassins or bioshock i never here about those being talked about.

Avatar image for deactivated-59913425220eb
deactivated-59913425220eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-59913425220eb
Member since 2002 • 1772 Posts

Codezer, you nailed it right on his balls bro. Forge is NOT a map editer, Timesplitters has a map editor, but even then thats barely a map editor.

Go play Counter strike and edit maps that is a map editor.

and Halo 3 is so over hyped, i kinda got bored from it. Halo has always been over hyped

Gear of War is awsome love the 4 vs 4 action

Avatar image for ThePhantomGamer
ThePhantomGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#92 ThePhantomGamer
Member since 2005 • 1816 Posts
Halo 3. Easiest single player game ever. I managed to beat single player on Legendary, by myself, without dieing. Multiplayer matchmaking is unbalanced (check my blog for my reason for saying this)
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts

Grand Theft Auto 4 (way to kill the series Rockstar)

Oblivion (Morrowind owns it)

Assassins Creed (The same **** over and over again)

Avatar image for 206461861543079188321160707076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 206461861543079188321160707076
Member since 2005 • 1256 Posts
Gears. A great game just not my cup of tea, so please don't freak out on me.
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

Halo 3. Easiest single player game ever. I managed to beat single player on Legendary without dieing. Multiplayer matchmaking is unbalanced (check my blog for my reason for saying this)ThePhantomGamer

I checked your profile and you didn't beat it on legendary.

Avatar image for 206461861543079188321160707076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 206461861543079188321160707076
Member since 2005 • 1256 Posts

[QUOTE="ThePhantomGamer"]Halo 3. Easiest single player game ever. I managed to beat single player on Legendary without dieing. Multiplayer matchmaking is unbalanced (check my blog for my reason for saying this)RoslindaleOne

I checked your profile and you didn't beat it on legendary.

lmao pwned
DarthBlivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 DarthBlivion
Member since 2005 • 1458 Posts
I don't know how a games dificulty affects its quality. Halo 3's difficulty may not be great but that doesn't take away from the fun of gunning down teams of Brutes.
fabfabregas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 fabfabregas
Member since 2005 • 99 Posts

Devil May Cry 4.

It is way over-rated.

TheCamGrdnr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#99 TheCamGrdnr
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts

who cares about hype? the question was most overrated, not which game was talked up the most. The most overrated games on 360 are PD Zero, howd it get above a 7?, Lost Planet? how about Vegas 2? loved the first one, but the second was not a new game more like a overpriced, underwhelming expansion.

Darkzero6x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Darkzero6x2
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
honestly...bioshock. i played it 2 times and the second time i tried to understand (beyond the visuals) why people thought it was so great. I also think Assassins Creed is over rated. it got repetitive really fast. yea the visuals were great but once again bleh gameplay