Hooray for adults (21 yrs old +) on xbox live!!

• 187 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheCaveRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#151 TheCaveRat
Member since 2006 • 3672 Posts
you are so true, infact ive almost come across as many older players(older sounding of course) just as rude and/or annoying as i have with very young players.DLXMAN
Yeah, I was in a game in CoD with a couple kids and they were fine. But these two adults couldn't stop arguing, it was kind of funny at first. Eventually everyone just left, how pathetic of an adult do you have to be fore 12 year olds to tell you to shut up and that fighting on the internet is retarded. They seriously said both things to them.
PecansAreNuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 PecansAreNuts
Member since 2007 • 906 Posts
I find 20 something year olds to be more annoying then those brats on the mic. All they do is tell you to **** off for not obeying their mighty whims. But of course, children can be cruel as well.
Tsunami23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 Tsunami23
Member since 2004 • 1352 Posts

Tired of muting everyone? Here is a trick if your alone, plug in the mic then instead of putting it on your head just put it in your lap. There problem solved you wont have to listen to any kids again Darktiger12

This is what I always do. I highly advise.

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#154 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts
I pay for XBL and hardly ever use it...probably because of the whiny little kids that are prevalent.
Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#155 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts

Someone once said "Kids Suck!" -Ma Fertelli (The Goonies)

MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#156 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts
Little kids arnt a problem in Xboxlive. All you need to do is mute simple as that >_>
Retro_Active

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Retro_Active
Member since 2008 • 97 Posts
10 bucks says OP would have been one of those kids.
DLXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 DLXMAN
Member since 2005 • 184 Posts
underworld_lead wrote:Haha Iv read all the posts one I dont agree with you but thats besides the point. I think it was DLXman? not positive but hey i know where your coming from but you should have seen this coming when u posted this. I have seen many a thread start off as innocent as yours turned into a war. haha i just enjoy taking in both sides of the story. I can see what point u were trying to get across in a very innocent matter but hey this post might be innocent but it would be just like me sayin "Hooray for catholics on xbox live ramadan is coming around and we wont have to see any of those annoying muslims around anymore" You come off as elitist and ageist. Not your fault but hey think your posts through before you end up alienating a group of people.

Im not sure you would say i come off as an ageist if you really did indeed read all my posts. I have said MANY times that age dosent matter. AGE DOESNT = MATURITY. I appreciate that you understood what i was trying to get across and i guess that means that EVERYONE should be able to get my point if a few poeple are able to RIGHT? I did get a chuckle over your catholic example and i do agree with you, but you have to ask yourself is that a bad thing? Change is inevitable and that change can be good and bad depending on who you are. For me i consider it to be a good thing because the community on live will change and i am looking forward to that change (red print is what my point is all about, and is the only thing i ever wanted to share with everyone). Remember im open to all ages when it comes to sharing a hobby, i just wish everyone would RESPECT everyone else and be kind, especially in the world today.

Duke_51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Duke_51
Member since 2008 • 806 Posts

I must say, there are a lot of immature adults out there who bug me as much as the little kids. Especially when they start to trash talk, really they think they sound cool and old on Xbox Live - but it just makes me think how much of a loser they must be.

Okay so you're 20+ years old and swear at little kids on Xbox Live, bravo to those people out there, you're really cleaning up Xbox Live's child problem - really that's a good way to get people to do what you want. Scream and curse at them.

... yeah, Bravo.

mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#160 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts
It's not just kids that are the problem but it is good to eliminate some of them when they have to go to sleep for school.
DLXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 DLXMAN
Trust me guys your all right when you say its not gonna fix all the bad apples on LIVE, but it should help. Adults/older people are just as guilty as some of the younger ones ive encountered and as for them the beginning of school isnt gonna affect them. Thats a shame but o well
Danzilla8450

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#162 Danzilla8450
Member since 2008 • 85 Posts
im only 13.In Guild Wars i am in a adult guild..why?..because i am mature and know when the time is right to be mature and not mature.
Ibaapzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Ibaapzo
Member since 2003 • 253 Posts
I'm age nineteen, and I understand that my age group and down can be absurd. I've met lots of kids that can handle their maturity very well, but so many more than are immature bastards shouting for attention. I know that most of MIcrosoft's customers (for the Xbox 360) are based around ages 13 - 25. With that, I do strongly believe that persons under age eighteen need a parent's permission (or the parents need a better understanding of live or parental controls on the console itself) in order to access certain functions of live. I love the ban-system that Microsoft has. It takes about ten reports for some one to look up the person's history and possibly suspend them. Mur... I dunno. Until we find a way to filter through age groups, I'm sticking to "Mute!"
xbox360crazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 xbox360crazy
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
y dont u jst tell those kids to stfu? problem solved...and if it isnt, threaten to tell there mom lmfao
DLXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 DLXMAN
You know what Ibaapzo you might have a million dollar idea there. There should be a search filter based on age (keep in mind im not against younger gamers in general). It would definetly add to the experience if you were able to look up people by age but as well by country,state, and gender. What do you guys think of that idea? Maybe something microsoft will incorporate later down the road.
nicknees93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 nicknees93
Member since 2005 • 3250 Posts
Kids are not the only problem, many adults I have played with are either extremely obnoxious (Often when booze is included). Yes, small children are annoying, but so are adults.Shrapnel99
booze and weed can turn some adults into xbox live burdens if you ask me.
Duke_51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Duke_51
Member since 2008 • 806 Posts
y dont u jst tell those kids to stfu? problem solved...and if it isnt, threaten to tell there mom lmfaoxbox360crazy
Because any kind of person who would do that is obviously not a mature person - and can't deal with problems like a negotiable and rational person.
Ibaapzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Ibaapzo
You know what Ibaapzo you might have a million dollar idea there. There should be a search filter based on age (keep in mind im not against younger gamers in general). It would definetly add to the experience if you were able to look up people by age but as well by country,state, and gender. What do you guys think of that idea? Maybe something microsoft will incorporate later down the road.DLXMAN
The problem I see with that is confidentiality. Sure, you'd be able to keep your age private, but all in all, that's the on-going argument. Meh. I think that most of the online community would push for a filter if enough people spoke out. Then again, with the new profile-thingy going up on Live, that may already be a possibility, come to think of it. Customizable avatars, and more than likely a re-vamped profile. We'll see! Thanks for your response. :D
DLXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 DLXMAN
no problem. Its posts like yours that i keep an eye out for anyway.
Ibaapzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Ibaapzo
no problem. Its posts like yours that i keep an eye out for anyway.DLXMAN
Thanks. :)
JnTam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 JnTam
Member since 2007 • 267 Posts
i just think that almost everyone on xbox live is annoying in some way
Brmarlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#172 Brmarlin
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts

Tired of muting everyone? Here is a trick if your alone, plug in the mic then instead of putting it on your head just put it in your lap. There problem solved you wont have to listen to any kids again Darktiger12

For some reason, it always says my mic is plugged in, even when it isn't. So that's what I do sometimes, except I leave the mic out.

sixgears2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#173 sixgears2
Member since 2006 • 1261 Posts

wow your the biggest loser in the world, their is a mute function so stop being a little girl, god i hate these topicsRE4freak

Then why are you taking the time to post in one? TC, I totally agree with you. We aren't talking about 17 and 18 year olds here, we are talking about 8-12 year olds who have no business being on the internet interacting with adults or playing violent MP games. Go ahead, talk all the smack you guys want about how I shoudl just mute them and blah blah blah. THEY SHOULDN'T BE ON THESE GAMES IN THE FIRST PLACE! I shouldn't have to be inconvenienced like that because a kids parents are worthless...

ThugKing6669

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 ThugKing6669
Member since 2008 • 725 Posts

I for one cant wait for school to start, not because i have to go but for all the little brats on xbox live (you know who you are). Hooray for mature people on xbox live from the hours of 7 am to 3 pm and late night!! Cant wait to tell those kiddies to go to bed and get a good nights sleep for school the next morning HAHA. I as a college student hate getting into a game of cod4 and finding that 8 out of the 12 players are 8 year old kids acting like there big tough football players with there high pitch winny voices talking trash and SINGING NON STOP! WHOS WITH ME? (21 and below not included, unless youve been told "your going places" by your highschool guidance counselor or something).

P.S. I have tried to say this on other pages but its not getting to the majority. I USE THE AGE OF 21 AS A LEGAL STANDARD FOR ADULTS ( In the USA). Not everyone under 21 is immature certainly, and not everyone above 21 is mature. Thanks and i hope this clears SOME things up for those of you who dont read through topics before posting. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

P.S. AGAIN (for everyone suggesting the mute buttom) 50% of playing a game online to me is being able to communicate with other people. If i cant talk and hear other real people then i might as well be playing an OFFLINE game with bots. whats the point of muting everyone if your gonna put your headset on? And trust me like i said its 50% of the experience in my opinion.

I BEG PEOPLE TO READ BEFORE POSTING, THANKS!!

DLXMAN

I'll drink to that (literally). Although the little kids crying can be funny sometimes. Me and my bro were playing Guitar Hero III and stomping some little kid on there. I swear he was crying everytime we beat him with Death Drain.

McNulty5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 McNulty5
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts

You know what Ibaapzo you might have a million dollar idea there. There should be a search filter based on age (keep in mind im not against younger gamers in general). It would definetly add to the experience if you were able to look up people by age but as well by country,state, and gender. What do you guys think of that idea? Maybe something microsoft will incorporate later down the road.DLXMAN

I agree that it's easier to find young people who are asshats than adults, but you know as well as I do that asshats come in all shapes and sizes and age truly has no effect, you're never going to make them go away, want to know why? Because the best place to be abnoxious is the internet, people love being asses anonymously.

I love how you flailed your "maturity" by making this topic, but honestly if you got a problem with the kiddies just mute them, how in god's name do you think it's immature to mute them? You think it's more mature to wish they were gone? They have as much a right to play XBL as you do, and if you have a problem with that you might as well stop playing, you can either mute those who annoy you like a normal, grown up person would, or you can whine about it.

DLXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 DLXMAN
mcnutty5 i was reading what you wrote and the first half was great and i was like "wow he really did his homework on everything ive been saying throughout this topic" ,then i got to the second half and was surley dissapointed. First off if you did your homework you would know i think all ages are welcome to join ANY hobby they want. You should also know that muting a few kids isnt going to solve anything and you should read what i wrote about muting people. How in Hell did i say muting people is immature? Where did you get that PLEASE tell me haha because you got me miffed on that one.
McNulty5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 McNulty5
mcnutty5 i was reading what you wrote and the first half was great and i was like "wow he really did his homework on everything ive been saying throughout this topic" ,then i got to the second half and was surley dissapointed. First off if you did your homework you would know i think all ages are welcome to join ANY hobby they want. You should also know that muting a few kids isnt going to solve anything and you should read what i wrote about muting people. How in Hell did i say muting people is immature? Where did you get that PLEASE tell me haha because you got me miffed on that one.DLXMAN

Well after reading about 7 pages straight I'm sorry if I got you confused with someone else who said muting is an immature solution (You guessed it I'm bored as it gets). But yeah, there's no solution to this problem, it's like jerk drivers on the road, we all dislike them but we have to live with them cause even if the damn sky falls down they are still going to be jerk drivers, believe me one of the reasons I refuse to pay for XBL is the annoying kids, if I have to listen to them I rather be doing it for free (hooray PSN), anyway I hope you realize that this is a problem we all admit yet have to realize it's not something you can change, the only solution and truly a seemingly half baked one, is muting because we can't make the jerks go away, we can only do our best to pretend they're not there.
DLXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 DLXMAN
mcnutty5 I absolutely agree with you for the most part, but i have to say muting people is DEFINETLY NOT a solution. Iam sorry to say but theres way to many people online for muting to be a solution thats why i suggested a more advanced filter of some kind (perhaps microsoft can come up with one, or maybe they have and it will be released with the new update).
McNulty5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 McNulty5
mcnutty5 I absolutely agree with you for the most part, but i have to say muting people is DEFINETLY NOT a solution. Iam sorry to say but theres way to many people online for muting to be a solution thats why i suggested a more advanced filter of some kind (perhaps microsoft can come up with one, or maybe they have and it will be released with the new update).DLXMAN

That seems like a great solution, as long as you're the guy who is annoyed by those people, but for those people, and for Microsoft that's a bad idea, first off those people think there's nothing wrong with what they're doing and thus wouldn't take it too kindly if such a filtering would exist, and Microsoft isn't ever going to do such a thing because they wouldn't want to lose paying customers, also you're more than likely not going to stop your XBL subscription cause of these people, and many more are the same, so why should MS care? They see that everything is fine as it is right now so they have no real reason to act on it.
DLXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 DLXMAN
why would microsoft loose paying customers by putting in a filter that filters people by age,country,state, and maybe a rating system that they already have sort of. Microsoft cares because were paying. There are plenty of features incorporated into xbox live that filter people out already, all i was saying was EXPAND onto that and make it more advanced. So as you can see im really confused by what your saying, i dont understand please explain.
duckdude64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 duckdude64
Member since 2006 • 2052 Posts

some kids are homeschooled idiot so now im going to find you and sing i kissed a girl over and over and over until you leave

joking but yeah i do find little kinds annoying ... im 15 im talking about the younger ones who sing i kissed a girl over and over

i was playing a game of halo 3 and we had 4 diffrent people singing that song and they were all at a diffrent point in the song

killB_O_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 killB_O_T
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts

Anonymity + Xbox Live Mic + Audience = Total D**kh**d

XBL is a platform for all the a-holes of the world to vend their anger of their insignificant life

DLXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 DLXMAN
very true
DLXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 DLXMAN
its true that being behind your tv makes you invisible, but that doesnt mean you can be a total jackass and negative to everyone else.
RJM117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 RJM117
Member since 2007 • 137 Posts

LOL Its not just the kids. Many of them are adults, sayin racist jokes about black ppl and vice versa.

At least 2wice a week, i hear some racist stuff about black ppl. Thats uncessary. *Leaves bad feedback*

earlmccormick88

what do you mean "BLACK PEOPLE". looks like we have us a racist right here bois

dragonps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#186 dragonps
Member since 2007 • 1702 Posts
[QUOTE="earlmccormick88"]

LOL Its not just the kids. Many of them are adults, sayin racist jokes about black ppl and vice versa.

At least 2wice a week, i hear some racist stuff about black ppl. Thats uncessary. *Leaves bad feedback*

RJM117

what do you mean "BLACK PEOPLE". looks like we have us a racist right here bois

Yes I agree. There's no need for racist remarks. Surly we are all adults here.

DLXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 DLXMAN

Ok now that we have said all that, what do you guys think about mature titles and kids who play them that are under the age required to play (I believe the age is 17+ to play an M rated title). I have met many players who are below 17 on M rated titles such as cod4, halo3, gears of war ect... What are your thoughts?

P.S. Keep in mind i know plenty of people below the age of 17 and are much more mature then older players, but that doesnt hinder the fact that the LEGAL age to buy the product and play it is 17+.