Hooray for adults (21 yrs old +) on xbox live!!

• 187 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Schumach5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Schumach5
Member since 2005 • 256 Posts
I don't have any problem with you, your post, or your opinions, but you still seem very surprised about the response from this thread. Let me help...You're talking as an elitist, for one. You expect me to believe that you've never said/done anything obnoxious over LIVE? I don't buy it. Secondly, you're preaching to the wrong crowd. This is a gaming website mostly populated by the age group you're putting down. I'm 20 years old, so technically I don't qualify as an adult by your standards. Yet somehow I do just fine.
Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#52 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts
I guess you're saying people like me 16, 17, 18 yr old are immature. Then why do we have jobs, driver's license and all the other responsobilties?
Zyllus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#53 Zyllus_
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts
actually just because you turn the age of 21 doesnt automatically make you mature, but i see were you are coming from. But really it is anyone and everyone on xbox live that can be annoying.
cgoliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 cgoliver
Member since 2003 • 160 Posts

well i am 17 and the mature thing to do is mute kids i dont whine on forums about it i jusr mute em and thats that you have clearly not worked this out ill give you time.

TX360

Oh, the passive aggressiveness is killing me! Although, I have to agree, I'm a fan of the mute option. Mature or not, I just don't want to hear it.

cgoliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 cgoliver
Member since 2003 • 160 Posts

I never wear the headset, I mean lol, come on.NaiKoN9293

Awesome! I "LOL"'ed out loud at this.

DLXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 DLXMAN
Member since 2005 • 184 Posts
Just a quick note, i keep seeing responses that i have cleared up in other replys on past pages. I would HIGHLY reccomend reading every post on every page by every person to get a clear view of how this subject started and how its "evolved" over time. THANKS! Then youll see i dont think people UNDER 21 are immature, i just use 21 as an example for adult because its the legal standard for the USA.
LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 LibertySaint
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
.. i'm going to university next year and i'm 18 and mature....but i still sing on XBL! lol just j/k'ing.
mkstan15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 mkstan15
Member since 2008 • 45 Posts
Hooray for school! First semester of grad school so i doubt ill be gaming much little kids or not
Carbon_Python

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 Carbon_Python
Member since 2008 • 168 Posts
Well one nice thing is that with all the kiddies in school the words GAY and **** will be used alot less.
p00phead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 p00phead
Member since 2007 • 1203 Posts
i hate those british kids who call you wankers
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#61 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

I for one cant wait for school to start, not because i have to go but for all the little brats on xbox live (you know who you are). Hooray for mature people on xbox live from the hours of 7 am to 3 pm and late night!! Cant wait to tell those kiddies to go to bed and get a good nights sleep for school the next morning HAHA. I as a college student hate getting into a game of cod4 and finding that 8 out of the 12 players are 8 year old kids acting like there big tough football players with there high pitch winny voices talking trash and SINGING NON STOP! WHOS WITH ME? (21 and below not included, unless youve been told "your going places" by your highschool guidance counselor or something).

DLXMAN

slightly ironic commenting on childrens lack of maturity with a post like that ^

julian135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 julian135
Member since 2007 • 71 Posts

Theres a time and place for idiocy on live (Social slayer anyone?) It's always good fun to get into random/silly conversation party up with random people and have a few laughs, however "immature" it might be.

It's like, homer simpson is extremely immature, but he'd be ALOT of fun to play halo with.

The problem isn't immaturity but negativity (sounds corney as hell but it's true)

(and by negativity I mean people who say **** this n***** that)

the_kidisblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 the_kidisblack
Member since 2008 • 1184 Posts

I for one cant wait for school to start, not because i have to go but for all the little brats on xbox live (you know who you are). Hooray for mature people on xbox live from the hours of 7 am to 3 pm and late night!! Cant wait to tell those kiddies to go to bed and get a good nights sleep for school the next morning HAHA. I as a college student hate getting into a game of cod4 and finding that 8 out of the 12 players are 8 year old kids acting like there big tough football players with there high pitch winny voices talking trash and SINGING NON STOP! WHOS WITH ME? (21 and below not included, unless youve been told "your going places" by your highschool guidance counselor or something).

DLXMAN

I'll tell you what I hate.

Whiny annoying adults who think they're mature but really are just as bad as these kids.

Avatar image for Malice_OhGr_242
Malice_OhGr_242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Malice_OhGr_242
Member since 2008 • 80 Posts
age has nothing to do with being fun or mature. look in the mirror your whining more the a 10 year old who just lost in halo.
snakehips57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 snakehips57
Member since 2006 • 566 Posts

DLXMAN

Why 21? I am 18 and have finished both school and college, and so have many others. Did you even go to school? I'm only asking because your spelling and grammar sucks. You have to remember that you were a whiny little bastard too at one point, so does that automatically make you a "high pitch trash talker"?

You can't expect younger kids to be mature and serious when they obviously haven't reached that stage yet, however when an ADULT such as yourself comes onto the internet and posts a thread like this, well, you just make yourself sound like a complete idiot. That is all.

Existedlemur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Existedlemur
Member since 2008 • 102 Posts

Wow well there are so manty comments and quots i want to use but this is over the top. this kind of forum always comes allong started by an adult who thinks kids are the problem and gts tons of negative (and a couple of positive) comments but it is always the same. some adults have completely fixed beliefs that kids are the only immature people on xbl then people under the age stated (in this case 21) always aggressively retaliate by saying that it is also the adults fault. come on guys this forum is always on. I cant really take a side cos obviously under the age of 21 im gonna say that this is stupid but i also find immature kids annoying but i know it is not just them, the start of school will get rid of some (note the word SOME) of the immature rude gamers but it will also get rid of some perfectly decent gamers. plus you will be left with immature adults but there is no stopping them. people dont have to be so aggressive on this kid of forum just because the adults hate the annoying kids and the kids hate the adults who make steriotypes of what they think the kids are like wich most of us arn't.

But to sum this all up, mute the annoying people (even adults) and if your not prepared to do that but you are prepared to spend this much time posting then there is sumin wrong wid u.

HellRazer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 HellRazer360
Member since 2006 • 2693 Posts

[QUOTE="zeppelin_64"]Quit your *****ing, just mute them.Jaforbe

Quit you *****ing about us *****ing.

quit your *****ing about him *****ing about us *****ing
Hawkeye747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Hawkeye747
Member since 2008 • 636 Posts

Nearly all the negative comments here just prove he is right IMO.

There are a bunch of ppl saying "I'm not 21, but I am mature"... here's a hint kid, if you really were mature, you wouldn't feel the need to proclaim it to everyone. It just comes across as a some kid whining because someone called him a name.

Mature is what you do, not what you say you are... and trust me, apart from a very very small percentage of young adults, you have absolutely no idea what mature is at 18 years of age.

the_kidisblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 the_kidisblack
Member since 2008 • 1184 Posts

There are a bunch of ppl saying "I'm not 21, but I am mature"... here's a hint kid, if you really were mature, you wouldn't feel the need to proclaim it to everyone. It just comes across as a some kid whining because someone called him a name.

Mature is what you do, not what you say you are... and trust me, apart from a very very small percentage of young adults, you have absolutely no idea what mature is at 18 years of age.

Hawkeye747

if YOU were really mature "you wouldn't feel the need to proclaim it to everyone."

It just goes around and around in circles.

Hawkeye747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Hawkeye747
Member since 2008 • 636 Posts
[QUOTE="Hawkeye747"]

the_kidisblack

if YOU were really mature "you wouldn't feel the need to proclaim it to everyone."

Who said I was mature? I'm anything BUT mature 80% of the time... but thanks for proving my point.

Whats next? If I remeber correctly, it's "No you are... no you are.... no you are..."

hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#71 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts
[QUOTE="Hawkeye747"]

the_kidisblack

yes if you're immature that is, some people are mature enough not to care. Infact i am so mature i won't even post this.

Oh sh-

michelle341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#72 michelle341
Member since 2008 • 734 Posts

not everyone below 21 is an annying trash talker..

MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 MsCortana
Member since 2007 • 10565 Posts

Theres a time and place for idiocy on live (Social slayer anyone?) It's always good fun to get into random/silly conversation party up with random people and have a few laughs, however "immature" it might be.

It's like, homer simpson is extremely immature, but he'd be ALOT of fun to play halo with.

The problem isn't immaturity but negativity (sounds corney as hell but it's true)

julian135

Great analogy and I agree 100%!!

I mean seriously how grown up are we really. Yes, mature adults (if you will) have careers, families and mortgage payments and yet we spend our free time gaming. I want to derive enjoyment while on live and I always do. If that means indulging in some not so conservative behavior then so be it. ;)

The problem with live is the negativity and lack of sportsmanship. What happened to wishing your competitors a good game before a match?? Now days you get, "You're gonna get pwned!", I mean seriously. There are how many words in the English language and this is all you can spew out of your mouth..:lol:

raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
Kids are not the only problem, many adults I have played with are either extremely obnoxious (Often when booze is included). Yes, small children are annoying, but so are adults.Shrapnel99
yeah like the topic creater
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#75 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts
99% of the XBL community drives me up the wall...so i just mute everyone.
Ironre5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Ironre5
Member since 2008 • 1164 Posts

im 19 and in college, and im gonna sign on xbox live from 7am to 3pm and late night..and be obnoxious to all of youll...ill screm into the mic and say rude things...YOU CANNOT ESCAPE ME...MUHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAH

IM just kidding ofcourse...i look foward to playing with youll then....

Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Thomasdeleo
Member since 2006 • 1984 Posts
Most of the little shats are on Halo 3.
Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Thomasdeleo
Member since 2006 • 1984 Posts
[QUOTE="Shrapnel99"]Kids are not the only problem, many adults I have played with are either extremely obnoxious (Often when booze is included). Yes, small children are annoying, but so are adults.raylewisnfl52
yeah like the topic creater

What's a creater??
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

I'm looking forward to Novemeber for two reasons - first the kiddies should be back at school, so the day time should be a much better time to play. Also Gears of War 2 will come out, which I have no plan to get, and just as every major shooter before it - it drags most of the underage screaming players with it.

I know how to block players, and do so frequently, but I really shouldn't have to interupt my game to stop someone else from being a pain to everyone else

onslaught82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 onslaught82
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

agreed! Those little kids on halo are so annoying

Ironre5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Ironre5
Member since 2008 • 1164 Posts

They see me trollin, They Hatin, patrolling, theyre trying to catch me pwnin some noobs, trying to catch me pwnin some noobs, trying to catch me pwin some noob

My trollins so good, they cryin, they run to their mommas saying im dirty, they saying im dirty dirty , they sayin im dirty dirty....

Rikuide_Furame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Rikuide_Furame
Member since 2008 • 994 Posts

ya no little annoying 5 to 10 yr old kids they r so annoying especially the british and irish ones

cheesenuggets

p00phead

Two quotes that highlight the real problem on Xbox Live - prejudice. The fact is that just like in the real world, anyone has the capacity to annoy you and anger you. It doesn't matter whether they are 12 or 32. It doesn't matter whether they hail from somewhere in Europe, the US or Asia.

Existedlemur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Existedlemur

[QUOTE="cheesenuggets"]

ya no little annoying 5 to 10 yr old kids they r so annoying especially the british and irish ones

Rikuide_Furame

p00phead

Two quotes that highlight the real problem on Xbox Live - prejudice. The fact is that just like in the real world, anyone has the capacity to annoy you and anger you. It doesn't matter whether they are 12 or 32. It doesn't matter whether they hail from somewhere in Europe, the US or Asia.

thats damn right you guys are racist pricks! its like me goin around sayin all those deep black guy voices are annoyin or those quiet asian voices, it's just not on, racism is wrong and doesent have to only be againsed african americans its againsed any group of people. plus dont most of u have jobs while kids are at school.

ps3killer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 ps3killer89
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts
i love this time of year its like a very long xmas:D
ps3killer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 ps3killer89
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts
[QUOTE="Rikuide_Furame"]

[QUOTE="cheesenuggets"]

Existedlemur

p00phead

thats damn right you guys are racist pricks! its like me goin around sayin all those deep black guy voices are annoyin or those quiet asian voices, it's just not on, racism is wrong and doesent have to only be againsed african americans its againsed any group of people. plus dont most of u have jobs while kids are at school.

yes ur right about the rasicm bs people need to grow up and live with the life that has been given to them and idk about anyone else but i work but usually its when the kids are home from school and for one thing about the racist stuff THEIR VOICES WE ARE HEARING you dont know if a white kid is messing with u and sounding like a black guy or what now thats the funny part people fliping out IM GONNA FIND OUT WERE U LIVE AND BEAT U UP.....and you never do so sad but ya their friging voice christ sake

Chunkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Chunkman
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts

julian135

Yeah, I totally get that. I find that being a bit of a dick online is actually pretty fun. I won't do it on ranked matches or anything, just the social stuff, nothin' big. And playing with people who are immature and don't take themselves too seriously (like a LOT of people I've played with) is a blast. I really only hate playing with people that take enjoyment out of being highly offensive to everything and everyone, and those kinds of people have no age group. I've heard players ages 8-38 spew out insults and slang in every sentence they speak. But I do agree, simply rising above and muting them is the best way to deal with it.

dragonps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#87 dragonps
Member since 2007 • 1702 Posts

Two quotes that highlight the real problem on Xbox Live - prejudice. The fact is that just like in the real world, anyone has the capacity to annoy you and anger you. It doesn't matter whether they are 12 or 32. It doesn't matter whether they hail from somewhere in Europe, the US or Asia.Rikuide_Furame

Not only have you highlighted the REAL problem on Xbox live, but also you've really hit a note with me. I've had many annoying players (not just kids and people from different countries) who have abused me on live. It's just all-verbal stuff, but why should anyone have to put up with that?

It's not just kids that are annoying on live, it's people who abuse the fact that they can't be seen, or really punished. Frankly if I'm being abused over live, I don't lower myself to their level and respond. I joined live so I could have friendly competition and have a laugh and a joke with people.

I really do think that a lot of the "immaturity" on live stems from hugely competitive people, who cant stand their perfect streak being broken. Live aint about destroying a noobie on Halo and feeling good inside, it's about having fun, chatting with friends, and learning tips from other players.

Anti-Lemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Anti-Lemon
Member since 2003 • 32 Posts

well i am 17 and the mature thing to do is mute kids i dont whine on forums about it i jusr mute em and thats that you have clearly not worked this out ill give you time.

TX360

Learn to use "fukking" punctuation, (COMMA) "pr-ck". (PERIOD)

pezzer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#89 pezzer123
Member since 2005 • 488 Posts
people need to go outside, walk into a shop, any shop and ask for a job.
Rikuide_Furame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Rikuide_Furame
Member since 2008 • 994 Posts

Not only have you highlighted the REAL problem on Xbox live, but also you've really hit a note with me. I've had many annoying players (not just kids and people from different countries) who have abused me on live. It's just all-verbal stuff, but why should anyone have to put up with that?

It's not just kids that are annoying on live, it's people who abuse the fact that they can't be seen, or really punished. Frankly if I'm being abused over live, I don't lower myself to their level and respond. I joined live so I could have friendly competition and have a laugh and a joke with people.

I really do think that a lot of the "immaturity" on live stems from hugely competitive people, who cant stand their perfect streak being broken. Live aint about destroying a noobie on Halo and feeling good inside, it's about having fun, chatting with friends, and learning tips from other players.

dragonps

It's not?!

I kid, I kid. You're right though. There has been many a time where one of my mates has roasted me at PES or Halo. It's all in the name of fun - gaming is taken too seriously sometimes.

hooded1man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 hooded1man
Member since 2004 • 1099 Posts
What about the 18 year olds! I graduated, I don't have to go to school. Although my job starts at 6:30 in the morning and it takes an hour to get there.
PigJiggin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 PigJiggin
Member since 2005 • 2238 Posts
I just turned 17, I'm mostly mature when I'm on Live but not everyone can be all the time. But it's not just kids there are plenty of annoying adults who do the same thing annoying kids do; sing, swear incessantly, scream, etc. Personally I just can't stand stupid immature people on Live. Or people who blast you with game invites on a different game, that really pisses me off. But that's just because of my annoying 14 year old cousin. -_-
DrD3V1L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 DrD3V1L
Member since 2004 • 2064 Posts
It's unfair to blame everything on the kids, I've been in a few games where i've had fully grown adults being total morons, it just depends really, I usually only play with people on my friends list and who's part of my own website/community, Everyone has an off-day tbh, and it's not just kids who act pathetic., I'm 23 and i can be a little childish at times on XBL, it's what it's there for, to play around on :)
akeelyoutube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 akeelyoutube
Member since 2007 • 94 Posts

TX360
He's not whining. He's speaking the truth. Children shouldn't be allowed most things by their parents. Especially a mic, and a vision camera.
snakehips57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 snakehips57
Member since 2006 • 566 Posts
[QUOTE="Existedlemur"][QUOTE="Rikuide_Furame"]

[QUOTE="cheesenuggets"]

ps3killer89

p00phead

yes ur right about the rasicm bs people need to grow up and live with the life that has been given to them and idk about anyone else but i work but usually its when the kids are home from school and for one thing about the racist stuff THEIR VOICES WE ARE HEARING you dont know if a white kid is messing with u and sounding like a black guy or what now thats the funny part people fliping out IM GONNA FIND OUT WERE U LIVE AND BEAT U UP.....and you never do so sad but ya their friging voice christ sake

Please learn what grammar is.

naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
adults are obnoxious too
Existedlemur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Existedlemur
[QUOTE="ps3killer89"][QUOTE="Existedlemur"][QUOTE="Rikuide_Furame"]

[QUOTE="cheesenuggets"]

snakehips57

p00phead

Please learn what grammar is.

Firstly ps3killer89 i dont know if you were againsed wat i sed or towards it cos i couldnt work out wat it meant (no offence meant) but if you were saying we cant tell if they are black then also we can't tell if they are really british either (or irish) so they shouldnt be sayin all these stupid british/irish people, if you were towards my statement, thanks, secondly snakehips57 this is a forum not a bloody english exam. people can read it perfectly clearly wihout grammar, no one uses proper gramma on the internet there is not much need, i cant believe how many people seem to go on these forums just to correct grammar.

wwe_david

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 wwe_david
Member since 2005 • 31 Posts

dude i can tell ur some first year of college punk that thinks hes hard becuase he doesnt go to high school anymore, in fact it wouldn't suprise me if you are one of those little kids pretending to be older becuase you are very immature.

DLXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 DLXMAN
Member since 2005 • 184 Posts
Ive said this on page 6 i belive and ill say it again, before making a comment based upon what i said on page one, you need to read EVERY page and read all MY comments as well as others (if you want) before posting your opinion. I say this because most of you are posting things that others have said alot already (your opinion matters either way though), and most of you are getting the wrong idea for what this subject is all about. I have seen alot of posts about "well im under 21 and im mature...", if your under 21 that doesnt mean your not mature. I use 21 as an age reference (21 being a legal adult). Most of you dont get this and are DEEPLY offended, but thats not my fault because i "clearly" stated this when i started this subject. I have also made plenty of other comments throughout all the pages (mostly) to help "evolve" and crystalize my thoughts to you all and what i wanted to get across to the gaming community.
PointedCow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 PointedCow
Member since 2004 • 212 Posts
college = no bed time