Hooray for adults (21 yrs old +) on xbox live!!

• 187 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DLXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DLXMAN
Member since 2005 • 184 Posts

I for one cant wait for school to start, not because i have to go but for all the little brats on xbox live (you know who you are). Hooray for mature people on xbox live from the hours of 7 am to 3 pm and late night!! Cant wait to tell those kiddies to go to bed and get a good nights sleep for school the next morning HAHA. I as a college student hate getting into a game of cod4 and finding that 8 out of the 12 players are 8 year old kids acting like there big tough football players with there high pitch winny voices talking trash and SINGING NON STOP! WHOS WITH ME? (21 and below not included, unless youve been told "your going places" by your highschool guidance counselor or something).

P.S. I have tried to say this on other pages but its not getting to the majority. I USE THE AGE OF 21 AS A LEGAL STANDARD FOR ADULTS ( In the USA). Not everyone under 21 is immature certainly, and not everyone above 21 is mature. Thanks and i hope this clears SOME things up for those of you who dont read through topics before posting. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

P.S. AGAIN (for everyone suggesting the mute buttom) 50% of playing a game online to me is being able to communicate with other people. If i cant talk and hear other real people then i might as well be playing an OFFLINE game with bots. whats the point of muting everyone if your gonna put your headset on? And trust me like i said its 50% of the experience in my opinion.

I BEG PEOPLE TO READ BEFORE POSTING, THANKS!!

Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Shrapnel99
Member since 2006 • 7143 Posts
Kids are not the only problem, many adults I have played with are either extremely obnoxious (Often when booze is included). Yes, small children are annoying, but so are adults.
To_Ashes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 To_Ashes
Member since 2006 • 549 Posts
I really can tolerate any minors but they have to be less obnoxious and not do anything to take away the fun in the game. Example, screaming into mic., Making immature comments, and not playing by the rules. Yes, also adults could be pretty immature when intoxicated. But I find it more funny then obnoxious. But thats in my opinion.
TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#5 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts

well i am 17 and the mature thing to do is mute kids i dont whine on forums about it i jusr mute em and thats that you have clearly not worked this out ill give you time.

DLXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DLXMAN
you are so true, infact ive almost come across as many older players(older sounding of course) just as rude and/or annoying as i have with very young players.
DLXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DLXMAN
how is muting them mature? and im guessing you didnt get the context of what i was saying (not whinning). Just making a point that school is starting and will be less annoying kids on LIVE. Trust me you didnt have to tell me you were 17, i can tell just by your post.
Jaforbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jaforbe
Member since 2008 • 817 Posts
Im with you TS. It seems like the minute school was out the the trash talking kids got outta control.
zeppelin_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 zeppelin_64
Member since 2006 • 3924 Posts
Quit your *****ing, just mute them.
Existedlemur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Existedlemur
Member since 2008 • 102 Posts

how is muting them mature? and im guessing you didnt get the context of what i was saying (not whinning). Just making a point that school is starting and will be less annoying kids on LIVE. Trust me you didnt have to tell me you were 17, i can tell just by your post.DLXMAN

Its mature cos you solve the problem rather than whining about it like the kids you so hate, i have met so many adults on XBox live that have been less mature and pissed around, i agree some younger kids are annoying but belive me the problem will not be solved by kids going back to school.

wagepeace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 wagepeace
Member since 2007 • 885 Posts

Kids are not the only problem, many adults I have played with are either extremely obnoxious (Often when booze is included). Yes, small children are annoying, but so are adults.Shrapnel99

i agree about the booze.. but im right there with you, TC. School's already back in session around here anyway. :)

Avatar image for earlmccormick88
earlmccormick88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 earlmccormick88
Member since 2006 • 621 Posts

LOL Its not just the kids. Many of them are adults, sayin racist jokes about black ppl and vice versa.

At least 2wice a week, i hear some racist stuff about black ppl. Thats uncessary. *Leaves bad feedback*

Jaforbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jaforbe

Quit your *****ing, just mute them.zeppelin_64

Quit you *****ing about us *****ing.

jameeler91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 jameeler91
Member since 2006 • 1312 Posts
how is muting them mature? and im guessing you didnt get the context of what i was saying (not whinning). Just making a point that school is starting and will be less annoying kids on LIVE. Trust me you didnt have to tell me you were 17, i can tell just by your post.DLXMAN

It's funny how your the one being immature by posting the fact that you could tell he's 17.
There's obviously no need for you to point it out, and this thread is a deffinate fail.
And btw, muting is possibly the most mature thing to do in whatever situation i.e. annoying kid or intoxicated college punk.
zeppelin_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 zeppelin_64
Member since 2006 • 3924 Posts

[QUOTE="zeppelin_64"]Quit your *****ing, just mute them.Jaforbe

Nice one.
DLXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DLXMAN
existed how in the hell does muting a few immature people solve anything? As soon as im thrown into the next game with brand new people i have to do the whole process all over again. Muting hundreds and hundreds of people doesnt solve anything it just temporalily improves the experience but THE PROBLEM IS STILL THERE!!
Jaforbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jaforbe
[QUOTE="Jaforbe"]

[QUOTE="zeppelin_64"]Quit your *****ing, just mute them.zeppelin_64

Nice one.

Cool. I was hoping you wouldnt take me too seriously.

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
everyone can be obnoxious on xbl....kids, adults, 80 year old grandmas...it doesn't matter....when people get behind a mic, they act immature and say stupid things (funny or not)...we are all guilty of this....yes, including me
PacmanChampion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PacmanChampion
Member since 2007 • 1130 Posts
Anyone below the age of 21 is immature? mmmkay.
dxy592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dxy592
Member since 2006 • 1505 Posts
The problem is that your plan does not take into account all the immature adults on Xbox Live. Good luck though!
DLXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DLXMAN
Ok apparently people didnt get what i was saying or didnt read the whole message. I am not whinning, its not a plan, people below 21 ARE NOT immature. All im saying is that school is starting soon. THATS IT. What happens when school starts? kids go there and stay there. All i meant by this post was that there MAY be a chance for less immature players THATS ALL!
Avatar image for baseballboy6411
baseballboy6411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#25 baseballboy6411
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts

ya no little annoying 5 to 10 yr old kids they r so annoying especially the british and irish onescheesenuggets

LOL Irish KIDS!!!

PacmanChampion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PacmanChampion
Member since 2007 • 1130 Posts
Why 21+ then?
DLXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DLXMAN
It boggles my mind on how many negative comments i got so far on this post considering i would think people would enjoy less snotty people on LIVE. And to see people leavign rude and my definition as non productive comments is really strange to me. Maybe its because I rarely leave comments on the internet, whether it be youtube or gamespot or whatever. The reason for this i sbecause i see alot of ridiculous subjects or for the most part other people have already said what i wanted to say therefore i wont repeat myself.
DLXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DLXMAN
pacmanchampion the reason why i said 21+ is because thats what people in america call a legal adult.
Avatar image for deactivated-205
deactivated-205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-205
Member since 2005 • 791 Posts
wow your the biggest loser in the world, their is a mute function so stop being a little girl, god i hate these topics
Goosey67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 Goosey67
Member since 2008 • 105 Posts
Hey!!! I'm a kid and most people like me and want to be my friend. I guess this doesn't apply to me then -.-
dragonps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 dragonps
Member since 2007 • 1702 Posts

I guess I do kinda see where you're coming from. No one likes to have an irritating little child tell you how "rubbish" you are at a game you love. Then again Microsoft was kind enough to give us a mute function, which I frequently use. (On Halo 3 mostly) I understand you want more mature people on live but saying that I always use the "prefer this player" option. It means I can avoid players I don't like.

We were all kids at one time or another and me personally I was I right terror, but that's all part of growing up really. They will grow out of their immaturity eventually...

Hawkeye747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Hawkeye747
Member since 2008 • 636 Posts

I'm with you on the kids... thank goodness for SCHOOL!!!! Now, if we can just get the ones that play Halo on Social and think it is more important than life into another kind of institution, we'd be set!!!

I wont notice much difference for the next few months though since I will be all over Too Human, Fable 2, Fallout 3 and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed so very little online for me!

DLXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DLXMAN
Just for kicks, look at all the comments on this topic so far, its almost a perfect example of the xbox live community as a whole. I think ive almost got just as many negative comments so far as i have gotten constructive comments.
choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 choffy
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts

Too bad while the kiddies are in school, normal people like me have to go to work :roll:

Bad logic

DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts
Be glad you ain't on Saints Row online then, there are tons of kids pretending to "street" or "gangsta" or what the hell they call it nowadays:lol:
Avatar image for master_hookshot
master_hookshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 master_hookshot
Member since 2006 • 429 Posts

Try unpluging your mic for a bit. That way you dont here them and they dont have to here you(whine).

celebate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 celebate
Member since 2005 • 341 Posts
To be honest , kids ,yes kids out of highschool arent much better.. I would say about 25 or so is when most people start to act civilized ...
ck02623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 ck02623
Member since 2003 • 1534 Posts
It's a console thing. There are ALWAYS lots of obnoxious morons online in any given console game. PC gamers are a lot more mature, but I just can't afford to be a PC gamer.
Bombed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 Bombed420
Member since 2002 • 230 Posts

I think people have the misconception of what being an adult is. Just because you went through puberty or had sex for the first time doesn't make you an adult. It's how you act, and as you get older you don't neccesarily mature, but you get a greater sense of who you are.

I can already tell a lot of people on these forums are between the ages of 15-20, or even above, and they feel just because they act mature, means they are mature. It's all about wisdom, and life experiences, which you can only get with time.

DLXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DLXMAN
Its funny how this internet thing works. It seems when you just trying to constructively get your thoughts or message or what you wanted to say across to the population, it apparently comes off as "whinning".
dragonps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42 dragonps
Member since 2007 • 1702 Posts

ig

Its funny how this internet thing works. It seems when you just trying to constructively get your thoughts or message or what you wanted to say across to the population, it apparently comes off as "whinning".DLXMAN

Nah, you're not whining, you're just trying to get your point across. Like I said before, your always gonna have some kid tell you how the world works. It's how you deal with it that decides the kinda person you really are. I just let it go over me head, that way I don't shout obscenities over the mic lol.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#43 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
I've played with more bad adults, a lot of the friends I've made on Xbox live are between the ages of 12-14...
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts

Kids are not the only problem, many adults I have played with are either extremely obnoxious (Often when booze is included). Yes, small children are annoying, but so are adults.Shrapnel99

I agree, people seem to think kids are the biggest problem on xbl, but they are not... I find myself getting annoyed by adults just as much as kids.

DLXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DLXMAN
i will agree with you guys on that. Everyone must keep in mind AGE DOES NOT=MATURITY OR AN ADULT. I have come across people well above my age that are on some levels way more offensive then a singing 8 year old.
Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
.just mute people, its not that often
Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#47 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts
I've met plenty of older people on xbox live who are just as bad as the little kids...
NaiKoN9293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 NaiKoN9293
Member since 2004 • 4102 Posts
I never wear the headset, I mean lol, come on.
hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts
Annoying people should be auto muted, and people who don't talk shouldn't be allowed to play, its a social experience for god's sake play on your own if you don't want to engage with people.
Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#50 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts
good luck with older people. i mean, older people are smarter and older people can be bigger asses online. so good luck with the smartasses