Gears Of War VS. Halo 3

• 165 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#101 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Bull crap. You don't have to be a fanboy to like Halo. Fanboys don't just magically apear either.

Halo 3 is a good game, regardless of what you say. It has the sales of a good game and it has the scores from critics to support it.

I think it's stupid. Most of the people I've seen on the GS boards who whine about Halo simply whine because it's popular. Simply using the excuse "It's not fun" or "It doesnt look like Gears" to back up their argument. Present a real argument. All Im seeing from you all is that you just want to be "different". You just don't like it, because alot of people do.

69ANT69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102 69ANT69
Member since 2007 • 8472 Posts

Bull crap. You don't have to be a fanboy to like Halo. Fanboys don't just magically apear either.

Halo 3 is a good game, regardless of what you say. It has the sales of a good game and it has the scores from critics to support it.

I think it's stupid. Most of the people I've seen on the GS boards who whine about Halo simply whine because it's popular. Simply using the excuse "It's not fun" or "It doesnt look like Gears" to back up their argument. Present a real argument. All Im seeing from you all is that you just want to be "different". You just don't like it, because alot of people do.

vashkey

I have to admit, I own Bothand like both, I just like Gears Of War slightly more than Halo 3. I guess its because I havn't played Halo 1 or 2, just 3.

Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#103 Hitchy9
Member since 2007 • 2054 Posts

Gears of War... YUK!!!!.. that game is soooo boring and has more glitches than any 360 game out there... either way, Halo3 apparenetly won because there are A WHOLE LOT more people online in Halo3 than Gears of War,.... Don't believe me... CHECK YOURSELF .. the proof is there NUF SAIDTrogeton

You sound like a 3rd grader.

3rd grader's opinions = lol.

"NUF SAID".

erictelfortt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 erictelfortt
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

i like GOW

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 vashkey
[QUOTE="vashkey"]

69ANT69

I have to admit, I own Bothand like both, I just like Gears Of War slightly more than Halo 3. I guess its because I havn't played Halo 1 or 2, just 3.

Hey, it's not like your saying you hate Halo 3 or somthing. I can understand if you enjoy Gears more.

And I doubt playing past Halo games would change your opinion on 3.... But I still sugest you get em, cuz they are alot of fun(don't bother with their multiplayers though, since Halo 3's multiplayer is just clearly supperior).

69ANT69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 69ANT69
[QUOTE="vashkey"]

69ANT69

Most people hate Halo but havn't evenplayed it. Then when they finally play it the next the day they loveit. I was like that until my friend convinced me to get it, so I did, and now I'm trying to talk Halo haters into getting it. Its the Halo cycle, LOL!

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 vashkey
[QUOTE="69ANT69"][QUOTE="vashkey"]

69ANT69

Most people hate Halo but havn't evenplayed it. Then when they finally play it the next the day they loveit. I was like that until my friend convinced me to get it, so I did, and now I'm trying to talk Halo haters into getting it. Its the Halo cycle, LOL!

Same here really, but I was converted early o.o Just in time for Halo 2. I will admit, Halo 3 gameplay wise was not that big a jump, but it's still fun, and forge and theatre deffinatly made up for it.

alexpkmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 alexpkmon
Member since 2006 • 133 Posts
halo 3 online is much more fun than Geas of War
Robbie8912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#109 Robbie8912
Member since 2006 • 2299 Posts

vashkey

Okay, here is your argument: I purchased this on day one with high expectations. It failed. Forge, and Zombie online kept me going for about 7 days. That was all. Once that wore off, I traded it in. It felt no different from Halo 2. It felt old, and I really didn't think I got enough NEW stuff for the amount of money I paid. I recently decided that I don't like this type of shooter AT ALL. Empty a bullet clip into someone and THEN they die. Not my style. As you can see from my Gamer card, I prefer realistic shooters.(Apart from gears of war: but the sniper and shotgun still meet myexpectations) I guessjust like the challenging feel of it. Take Rainbow six for instance: You get shot, you pretty much die. So NO Halo 3 does not make my prefered games list

Avatar image for MasterCheifsAss
MasterCheifsAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 MasterCheifsAss
Member since 2007 • 385 Posts

Gears is so Overreated it gets so Boring so Quick I got to say it was a good game for a long time..But Halo 3 is just so much better even if it doesnt have a Chainsaw or Kung Fu Flip. Halo Storys and Mp is way better than Gears..

usaaaaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#111 usaaaaaa
Member since 2008 • 1071 Posts

Gears is so Overreated it gets so Boring so Quick I got to say it was a good game for a long time..But Halo 3 is just so much better even if it doesnt have a Chainsaw or Kung Fu Flip. Halo Storys and Mp is way better than Gears..

MasterCheifsAss

Oh my god, you're not very smart are you?

MasterCheifsAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 MasterCheifsAss
[QUOTE="MasterCheifsAss"]

usaaaaaa

What are you talkin about??

usaaaaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 usaaaaaa
[QUOTE="usaaaaaa"][QUOTE="MasterCheifsAss"]

MasterCheifsAss

L, your response just answered my question, answering in the quote box.

Good job, go play Halo.

MasterCheifsAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 MasterCheifsAss
[QUOTE="MasterCheifsAss"][QUOTE="usaaaaaa"][QUOTE="MasterCheifsAss"]

usaaaaaa

Good job, go play Halo.

Still dont know how Im Stupid..

Whatever Gears Sucks..

usaaaaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 usaaaaaa
[QUOTE="usaaaaaa"][QUOTE="MasterCheifsAss"][QUOTE="usaaaaaa"][QUOTE="MasterCheifsAss"]

MasterCheifsAss

Good job, go play Halo.

Whatever Gears Sucks..

Well, stupidity is really a measure of how much intelligence you lack, and you have very little intelligence, making you very stupid. I'm not one to play the age game, but if my eyes don't decieve me you're about 13 years old, no wonder you love Halo so much.

I guess you don't like Gears because you can die in 2 hits, and you can't jump around like a mindless idiot :(.

MasterCheifsAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 MasterCheifsAss
[QUOTE="MasterCheifsAss"][QUOTE="usaaaaaa"][QUOTE="MasterCheifsAss"][QUOTE="usaaaaaa"][QUOTE="MasterCheifsAss"]

usaaaaaa

Good job, go play Halo.

Whatever Gears Sucks..

Well, stupidity is really a measure of how much intelligence you lack, and you have very little intelligence, making you very stupid. I'm not one to play the age game, but if my eyes don't decieve me you're about 13 years old, no wonder you love Halo so much.

I guess you don't like Gears because you can die in 2 hits, and you can't jump around like a mindless idiot :(.

Nah I like it..But it gets very old Quick cause there is only one Game Type and Annex but that is no fun..Everything eles you kill but..I love COD4 and I get killed in one shot I dont know how Stupid If I just dont like a Game that gets old..There is nothing wrong with it at all.

usaaaaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 usaaaaaa
[QUOTE="usaaaaaa"][QUOTE="MasterCheifsAss"][QUOTE="usaaaaaa"][QUOTE="MasterCheifsAss"][QUOTE="usaaaaaa"][QUOTE="MasterCheifsAss"]

MasterCheifsAss

Good job, go play Halo.

Whatever Gears Sucks..

Nah I like it..But it gets very old Quick cause there is only one Game Type and Annex but that is no fun..Everything eles you kill but..I love COD4 and I get killed in one shot I dont know how Stupid If I just dont like a Game that gets old..There is nothing wrong with it at all.

I'm not saying your stupid because you don't like an old game, I'm saying your stupid because you say "Gears suck" then you go around and say "No I like it but it's old"

MasterCheifsAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 MasterCheifsAss
[QUOTE="MasterCheifsAss"][QUOTE="usaaaaaa"][QUOTE="MasterCheifsAss"][QUOTE="usaaaaaa"][QUOTE="MasterCheifsAss"][QUOTE="usaaaaaa"][QUOTE="MasterCheifsAss"]

usaaaaaa

Good job, go play Halo.

Whatever Gears Sucks..

I'm not saying your stupid because you don't like an old game, I'm saying your stupid because you say "Gears suck" then you go around and say "No I like it but it's old"

I like But it gets OLD really Quick..Like not like Halo.Halo you can prob play for 5-6 hours with out getting boring but Gears 1-2 hours than that is I have to stop playing it.

69ANT69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 69ANT69

halo 3 online is much more fun than Geas of Waralexpkmon

That I have to agree with, on gears everyone just uses glitches to there advantage, its annoying

Robbie8912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Robbie8912

I have a theroy. The reason so many people say they hate Gears of War multiplayer is because they didn't play it long enough to become good, therefore they got creamed a few times, and decided "I hate this! I like Halo better, because it requires almsot no skill whatsoever" and then they went to Gamespot forumsto cry about how bad Gears is. Listen, The gaming world is split into Gears fans, Cod 4 fans, and Halo fans. Now eventually Halo fans are going to get bored of putting down Gears, and they will go play Cod 4 to avoid gears at all costs. Then they love Cod 4 so much, they go back on gamespot, saying how much Gears of War sucks, AND how much Halo sucks. Thats my Theroy.

Proven fact: Halo fans RARELY return to Halo 3 after they have Played Cod 4

Poor gears takes all the undeserved heat, but Gears 2 will take the gaming world by storm

atreyu27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#121 atreyu27
Member since 2006 • 1443 Posts
I like them both about equally.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 vashkey
[QUOTE="vashkey"]

Robbie8912

Okay, here is your argument: I purchased this on day one with high expectations. It failed. Forge, and Zombie online kept me going for about 7 days. That was all. Once that wore off, I traded it in. It felt no different from Halo 2. It felt old, and I really didn't think I got enough NEW stuff for the amount of money I paid. I recently decided that I don't like this type of shooter AT ALL. Empty a bullet clip into someone and THEN they die. Not my style. As you can see from my Gamer card, I prefer realistic shooters.(Apart from gears of war: but the sniper and shotgun still meet myexpectations) I guessjust like the challenging feel of it. Take Rainbow six for instance: You get shot, you pretty much die. So NO Halo 3 does not make my prefered games list

Funny, thats how I fealt about Call of Duty 4.

None of the games you mentioned actually brought anything new, by the way(Especialy Call of Duty 4). And all shooters are reptitive. All shooters practice rinse and repeat formulas. It's not just Halo. Maybe you should get more variety.

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts
I can't believe the votes are even this close. Gears of War revolutionized the 360 and what it's capable of. Halo 3 is.......Halo. It hasn't changed. So Gears of War by a mile.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 vashkey

I have a theroy. The reason so many people say they hate Gears of War multiplayer is because they didn't play it long enough to become good, therefore they got creamed a few times, and decided "I hate this! I like Halo better, because it requires almsot no skill whatsoever" and then they went to Gamespot forumsto cry about how bad Gears is. Listen, The gaming world is split into Gears fans, Cod 4 fans, and Halo fans. Now eventually Halo fans are going to get bored of putting down Gears, and they will go play Cod 4 to avoid gears at all costs. Then they love Cod 4 so much, they go back on gamespot, saying how much Gears of War sucks, AND how much Halo sucks. Thats my Theroy.

Poor gears takes all the undeserved heat, but Gears 2 will take the gaming world by storm

Robbie8912

Actually, most people say Halo 3's Multiplayer is better because it doesn't have glitchers, it has more than three multiplayer modes, it has more weapons, it has bigger maps, it has theatre, it has more weapons, it has vehicles, it has much better match making, you can hace more players, you can have more than just two teams, your character is much more customizable, it has forge, it has FOUR player co-op, the list just goes on and on.

And you're "fact" is not. I played Call of Duty 4 and I traded it in. It's over rated. And alot of people agree with me. Thats why people are still playing Halo 3, and thats why it still sells.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 vashkey

I can't believe the votes are even this close. Gears of War revolutionized the 360 and what it's capable of. Halo 3 is.......Halo. It hasn't changed. So Gears of War by a mile.LikeHaterade

Yes, and Gears is RE4+Halo. What a big revolution.

ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 ParadiseAwaits
Member since 2007 • 1410 Posts

Gears of War is like the ONLY Next-Gen game on 360.

Oni_Ookami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#127 Oni_Ookami
Member since 2005 • 2765 Posts

Gears is just a dumbed down version of Halo. I'll give Gears the edge on SP, but for MP Halo is vastly greater then Gears. I mean how can anyone play a game where the host has a slight edge over you and there really isnt any way to overcome this besides outplaying the other person (ie getting them before they see you). Or the fact that ranked matches are dumb since you cant play with your friends and half of the ranked matches im in devolve into 1v1 matches since people never stay for the whole match.

Avatar image for gamindude_basic
gamindude_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 gamindude_basic
Member since 2002 • 478 Posts
Halo 3 MP is massively better. It does not have host advantage like gears of war.And Gears ofWar always have bullet lag, no matter how good you connection is. Halo 3 has glithches too like melee glitch. But overall Halo 3 is better.
Robbie8912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Robbie8912
[QUOTE="Robbie8912"][QUOTE="vashkey"]

vashkey

Funny, thats how I fealt about Call of Duty 4.

None of the games you mentioned actually brought anything new, by the way(Especialy Call of Duty 4). And all shooters are reptitive. All shooters practice rinse and repeat formulas. It's not just Halo. Maybe you should get more variety.

Maybe you should get off my back and grow up. Not everone likes Halo. You certainly aren't going to make mechange my mindby arguing. You keep saying "Get more variety" and crap like that. What size drill bit do I need to Drill this into your head? I HAVEOWNED IT, AND DIDN'T LIKE IT. End of story, good morning, good afternoon, and GOODNIGHT

Robbie8912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Robbie8912
[QUOTE="Robbie8912"]

vashkey

Actually, most people say Halo 3's Multiplayer is better because it doesn't have glitchers, it has more than three multiplayer modes, it has more weapons, it has bigger maps, it has theatre, it has more weapons, it has vehicles, it has much better match making, you can hace more players, you can have more than just two teams, your character is much more customizable, it has forge, it has FOUR player co-op, the list just goes on and on.

And you're "fact" is not. I played Call of Duty 4 and I traded it in. It's over rated. And alot of people agree with me. Thats why people are still playing Halo 3, and thats why it still sells.

God I wish you would SHUT UP. The more you talk, the more you convince me that Halo is the only game you like, and it makes you an offical Halo Fanboy, therefore how can I even take anything you say seriously?

PerfectGamer17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 PerfectGamer17
Member since 2008 • 303 Posts
Gears.
Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Hitchy9
Member since 2007 • 2054 Posts

Gears is just a dumbed down version of Halo. I'll give Gears the edge on SP, but for MP Halo is vastly greater then Gears. I mean how can anyone play a game where the host has a slight edge over you and there really isnt any way to overcome this besides outplaying the other person (ie getting them before they see you). Or the fact that ranked matches are dumb since you cant play with your friends and half of the ranked matches im in devolve into 1v1 matches since people never stay for the whole match.

Oni_Ookami

What? Don't see how that's possible when Gears' learving curve is incredibly steeper than Halo's.

Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#133 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts
TPSs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FPSs
Abito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Abito
Member since 2003 • 115 Posts

In my opinion I think Gears is better than halo. I played halo 3 and I liked it but i also didn't like it. I never was excited about the whole series. I played Halo 1,2, and 3. And of course 1 is my fav. But Halo 3 has it's goods. It's really easy to learn and doesn't take a genius how to learn and play. The new weapons and vechiles and maps and forge and theater. made another good edition. I also bought the game at midnight. I was expecting a pretty good game however though I wasn't that in to it. Even though me and friends played it a lot and a lot I never got in to it. I was good at halo too I didn't suck but I wasn't amazing good either I was average had my few kills here and there. But I got tired of it and traded it in didn't even finish the story line. I got Call of Duty 4 and I never regreted it. I believe reason why some might say "Once you go to COD4 you'll never go back to Halo" is the people that aren't in to halo that much. People that play it everyday and that have been playing since Halo 2 won't agree. Gears of War for me I was excited like I never did before. It looked beautiful, the characters looked nice, and the imfamous chainsaw the we all heard for the first time Co-Op with a friend. Everyone was excited about. The only bad thing about it is the fact about host advantage and bullet lag other than that in my opinion it's a masterpeice. Everyone was excited about that game I remember the first day it came out people were standing in line really excited. Overall I love Gears of War.

Keep in mind also people that when Gears of War did come out everyone in the magazines and gamespot and others said that "Bungie is really scared about Halo 3 if it was going to meet people expectations or not after gears of war came out." I mean think about it more weapons, vechiles, forge and theater, single player, and mulitplayer and of course 4 player Co-Op which Gears started.

P.S. Halo is at their last installment with Halo 3. However Gears of War is in their first and is just begining....

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts
Gears of War FTW ... Halo is still awesome, though
ENDOT12123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 ENDOT12123
Member since 2007 • 1223 Posts
gears of war is loads better halo is not origanal in any form, it feels just like its predecessors! boring zzz
ENDOT12123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 ENDOT12123
Member since 2007 • 1223 Posts
i agree with ya, halo sucks balls, i dont even no why i bought it cuz i never liked the other halo games either.
69ANT69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 69ANT69

GEARS OF WAR WINS (BY37 VOTES)

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts

GEARS OF WAR WINS (BY37 VOTES)

69ANT69

more importantly by 12%

... 37 votes can be either a landslide victory or a close race depending on how many people voted, so the % tells you more than the # of votes :)

oblivion95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 oblivion95
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Gears of War
69ANT69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 69ANT69
now Gears is winning by 42 votes, I'm sure abdelmessih101will work out the percentage, lol
69ANT69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 69ANT69
Lets Keep This Poll Going!!
magic_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 magic_dragon
Member since 2007 • 1050 Posts
Gears
BrianLittrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#144 BrianLittrell
Member since 2006 • 91 Posts
Sorry, but it's halo 3. Gears sucks! And halo 3 kinda does too
mikel222222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 mikel222222
Member since 2004 • 1162 Posts

I'd say Gears of wars is better in Single Player, as I've bear it around 4 or 5 times.

Halo is better if you have more than one friend. The graphics are better(just because its a larger game, so more great graphics need to fit on the screen)

Halo mulitplayer is a blast, and I've seen half a million people on at one time, so you'll be getting games for a long time.

Halo and Gears of war community both are filled with little 12 year old trying to be tough.

My vote is Halo

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts
CoD4 is better than both of these, but if I had to choose one I'd go with Gears
InjuredNoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#147 InjuredNoodle
Member since 2006 • 1077 Posts

Gears FTW!!! It feels next gen, where Halo 3 is just pretier graphics and no blood. Can't wait 4 Gears 2!

Sykoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Sykoh
Member since 2007 • 1177 Posts
Halo 3 sucks. Gears of War OWNZ!
Abigorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#149 Abigorus
Member since 2006 • 877 Posts
I played both a lot, and I have to say Halo 3. The matchmaking, having vehicles, and fun maps just wins it for me.
Avatar image for JetB1ackNewYear
JetB1ackNewYear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 JetB1ackNewYear
Member since 2007 • 2931 Posts
haloo