Fable 2 Topic, Formerly Sticky

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts

Please keep all your Fable 2 discussion here, folks, or visit the official Fable 2 board. Also, be sure to use spoiler warnings for plot-sensitive info. Thanks.

This has been unstickied, but may be re-stickied if traffic warrants it. -- CodingGenius, 11/04/08

carlBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 carlBS
Member since 2008 • 282 Posts
Will they ever fix the co-op?
WingedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 WingedHero
Member since 2008 • 207 Posts
Thanks for the sticky:D.
r1m1k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 r1m1k1
Member since 2007 • 379 Posts

Will they ever fix the co-op?carlBS

What's wrong with the co-op? Other then you can't bring your own weapons and clothing.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
Will they ever fix the co-op?carlBS
What's there to fix? You can't have two heroes in the same game because then none of it makes sense. There can only be one chosen one which means the other person has to be a henchman/woman
Avatar image for deactivated-64b76bd048860
deactivated-64b76bd048860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 deactivated-64b76bd048860
Member since 2007 • 4363 Posts

[QUOTE="carlBS"]Will they ever fix the co-op?r1m1k1

What's wrong with the co-op? Other then you can't bring your own weapons and clothing.

Basically that's what's wrong with it.

r1m1k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 r1m1k1
[QUOTE="r1m1k1"]

[QUOTE="carlBS"]Will they ever fix the co-op?FPS_Gamer123

Basically that's what's wrong with it.

If you keep up with experience that increases melee and range damage done then it won't matter very much. And if your spellcast then you have nothing to worry about at all.

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

you cant bring your stats either. you are as powerful as the person you joined. Ive joined my friends game who was not that far in and lost Sub-aim and level 5 magic because he didnt have them.

r1m1k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 r1m1k1
[QUOTE="r1m1k1"]

[QUOTE="carlBS"]Will they ever fix the co-op?DJSAV_101

you cant bring your stats either. you are as powerful as the person you joined. Ive joined my friends game who was not that far in and lost Sub-aim and level 5 magic because he didnt have them.

Oh I didn't know that, as I'm not that far in myself and everyone I joined was more powerful. XP

This leads me to a question, how is everyone getting all these amazing amounts of experience points? I just beat the part where I took Hannah (hammer) through the cave with the hollow men in Oakfield (Hero of Strength quest) and I am already being told (call me a noob, I use guides sometimes) to use level 3 or higher spells/range/melee abilities.

Where do you fight things to get that much experience? I've been doing all the side quests I could and I don't call myself a main quest only guy type either.... I don't have any level 3 skills at the moment.

Lakrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lakrum
Member since 2008 • 399 Posts
Finally a sticky for Fable II :P Thanks Mods!
Halo773ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Halo773ER
Member since 2003 • 726 Posts
will there be downloadable content in future?
Stevie_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 Stevie_Q
Member since 2006 • 2011 Posts

Oh... another crowded, cluttered sticky.

Oh well. Great game, although yes, the co-op needs some tweaking

r1m1k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 r1m1k1
[QUOTE="DJSAV_101"][QUOTE="r1m1k1"]

Oh I didn't know that, as I'm not that far in myself and everyone I joined was more powerful. XP

This leads me to a question, how is everyone getting all these amazing amounts of experience points? I just beat the part where I took Hannah (hammer) through the cave with the hollow men in Oakfield (Hero of Strength quest) and I am already being told (call me a noob, I use guides sometimes) to use level 3 or higher spells/range/melee abilities.

Where do you fight things to get that much experience? I've been doing all the side quests I could and I don't call myself a main quest only guy type either.... I don't have any level 3 skills at the moment.

BUMP

desyple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 desyple
Member since 2008 • 1725 Posts
what does it mean when i wake up and it says bonus body builder lost or removed??i just slept for a few hours or days and then it said that?? anyone know??
Bullet-XVIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bullet-XVIII
Member since 2008 • 189 Posts
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/fable2/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-46179709&pid=927246
Will_of_Men

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Will_of_Men
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Does anyone know what the song from the pause menu is? and do not say its pause menu music...lol

even though its depressing i like the way it sounds anyone else with me?

DoMiNiC147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 DoMiNiC147
Member since 2008 • 984 Posts
Hey which side did you do first Good or Evil.
lammdogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lammdogg
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I have been playing since midnight of the release....My wife and I started a new game co-op game tonight. We both signed in, but started the new co-op under her sign in. Once she and I finished for the evening, I switched over to my character, only to discover (a bit to late because I cut wood and it autosaved) that ALL of my abilities were gone. I had no strength, health, accuracy or magic.... I still had all of my weapons, properties and such. I have to delete and completely start over. I feel so lost. WTF should I do? Besides this stupid game freezing on a continual basis, there is THIS???? LIONSHEAD really, really REALLY dropped the ball on this one.

Any suggestions before I delete my entire game?

solo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 solo4321
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts
The only problem with Co-Op is the camera. On Live you shouldn't have to share a camera. Will or can they ever patch this problem?
simo98088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 simo98088
Member since 2003 • 927 Posts
How many hours of gameplay on your first playthrough?
Avatar image for psychopenguin18
psychopenguin18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 psychopenguin18
OK, im super pissed off right now, so hopefully can answer this question. Im in the city where you have to contact Reaver, but you gotta build up Renown first, and SOMEHOW it glitched up after i talked the the T.O.B.E.Y dude, and now i cant pull out my weapons or use magic meaning i cant do s*** about gaining renown, meaning i basically cant continue the stupid game. Anyone know how to un-glitch this?
vack0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 vack0
Yes, I suggest restarting the game (should move you back to your last save point, which for me, was when I Got the last bit of renown before going to visit him) and visiting him again, then skip the spliel he dishes out. (I tested this because I had the same problem and it worked.)
JDeck88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JDeck88
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Heh. How unlucky I am... awesome game, for sure, but a mere three days after I bought this game, my cat happened to tip over the XBox while I was using it--needless to say my Fable 2 disc got pretty badly laser burned. Lesson learned; the standard upright xbox is a bad idea!

At least the main story was short enough for me to finish it first, though I wanted to go through and do all the side stuff too = (

x_VaMp_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 x_VaMp_x

I just got Fable 2 2 days ago, on the UK Release Date. Yesterday I got to Bloodstone, and I openned the Demon Door, and once getting to the house I literally shat myself. The effect really got me, as I had just been in the Oakfield Demon Door, and was happy that the Bloodstone Demon Door might let me have this nice house aswell. But yeah, I got inside the house, and actually got a few steps inside before the change happened.

Anyone else get scared or suprised by the change?

Ice-Menorah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ice-Menorah
Member since 2007 • 40 Posts

ok, odd question but here it goes. How the hell do you.. well lets just say how do u have children?

follow up question, did they censor or remove that from the game in australia?

x_VaMp_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 x_VaMp_x
Are you married? If so, just use the "Come Back To My Place" Expression on her ("Follow" may work just as well, but I use "Come Back To My Place"). Then lock on to her (Left Trigger), and face the bed so it becomes green. Press "A", and you should have the option to choose either Protected (If you are carrying a Condom), or Unprotected. Choose Unprotected, and keep repeating this until she gets has a baby. I'm not sure if you can have children to a person you aren't married to.
Ice-Menorah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ice-Menorah
Member since 2007 • 40 Posts

Are you married? If so, just use the "Come Back To My Place" Expression on her ("Follow" may work just as well, but I use "Come Back To My Place"). Then lock on to her (Left Trigger), and face the bed so it becomes green. Press "A", and you should have the option to choose either Protected (If you are carrying a Condom), or Unprotected. Choose Unprotected, and keep repeating this until she gets has a baby. I'm not sure if you can have children to a person you aren't married to.x_VaMp_x

ok thanks for the help. i am married, but i dont think i have a "come back to my place" expression and also every time i highlight my wife while looking at the bed it just stays on "sleep"... so im not sure whats going on there

cr4zychri5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 cr4zychri5
Member since 2008 • 558 Posts
I haven't paid any attention to the Demon Doors (tried one early on but my dog didn't know enough tricks). Am I missing out?
MasaChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MasaChief
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
A couple of the demon dorrs suck but the other ones have legendary weapons. Best weapons ive found so far are the pistol from the shooting gallery and the enforcer from giles farm. And seriously you get to use your character stats in coop you just dont have weps or clothes make sure you load your save when it tells you.
liojager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 liojager
Member since 2006 • 310 Posts
ok so i bought a house in old town and i wanted to move my family into a new hous that i bought andi cant move my family back into the other house or rent it out how what do i do?
Dinotron214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dinotron214
Member since 2008 • 117 Posts

Heh. How unlucky I am... awesome game, for sure, but a mere three days after I bought this game, my cat happened to tip over the XBox while I was using it--needless to say my Fable 2 disc got pretty badly laser burned. Lesson learned; the standard upright xbox is a bad idea!

At least the main story was short enough for me to finish it first, though I wanted to go through and do all the side stuff too = (

JDeck88

Just take that game back and get it replaced. My bro knocked over the xbox when i was playing GTA IV and the same thing happened. They'll give you a new one.

keilkravec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 keilkravec
Member since 2008 • 28 Posts

I just got Fable 2 2 days ago, on the UK Release Date. Yesterday I got to Bloodstone, and I openned the Demon Door, and once getting to the house I literally shat myself. The effect really got me, as I had just been in the Oakfield Demon Door, and was happy that the Bloodstone Demon Door might let me have this nice house aswell. But yeah, I got inside the house, and actually got a few steps inside before the change happened.

Anyone else get scared or suprised by the change?

x_VaMp_x

Lol yea i did that at like..2am..of course with no one else in the house..and i nearly pised myself..i was like "Aww awsome! finally a snow area! i hope to god i get this house too!" cuase i as well did the oakfield one before it, and as soon as i walked in the house, this lunatic neighbor girl of mine screams like shes being murdered outside, just as the house changed. it was soo epic but soo damn scary.

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

Fable 2 Limited Edition Problems - LINK

Patiently waiting. D:

saginlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 saginlow
Member since 2008 • 34 Posts
i have never really played any fable games, but i feel that fable two will be a very good game, should i buy the first one though?
liojager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 liojager
ok so i bought a house in old town and i wanted to move my family into a new hous that i bought andi cant move my family back into the other house or rent it out how what do i do?liojager
help pls
saginlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 saginlow
Member since 2008 • 34 Posts
i have never really played any fable games, but i feel that fable two will be a very good game, should i buy the first one though?
liojager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 liojager
[QUOTE="liojager"]ok so i bought a house in old town and i wanted to move my family into a new hous that i bought andi cant move my family back into the other house or rent it out how what do i do?liojager
help pls

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DJSAV_101
[QUOTE="r1m1k1"][QUOTE="DJSAV_101"][QUOTE="r1m1k1"]

BUMP

You don't have to bump since this thread is going to stay at the top of the board.

Ill put this in a spoilers just in case some are not that far:

[spoiler] After you find the hero of strength you soon have access to the Crusible, which is the arena from the first one. you can play this place as many time as you want to get experience. Another way to get experience is to buy the level 4 Xp potions from the potion shop on Bowerstone Square. Its two doors to the left from the book store. Finally, the last way to get quick Xp is by cheating and using glitches. I highly recommend you don't do that because you will lessen the difficulty greatly and ruin the game. (at least it would for me) [/spoiler]

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DJSAV_101

i have never really played any fable games, but i feel that fable two will be a very good game, should i buy the first one though?saginlow

you will know about some of the places and people you visit and meet in fable 2. Not really important but I would still recommend getting the first one.

Avatar image for deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
deactivated-61010a1ed19f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
Member since 2007 • 3235 Posts
Do you need the special edition to get the master chief armour?
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DJSAV_101

ok so i bought a house in old town and i wanted to move my family into a new hous that i bought andi cant move my family back into the other house or rent it out how what do i do?liojager

Can you make your question a little clearer?

liojager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 liojager

[QUOTE="liojager"]ok so i bought a house in old town and i wanted to move my family into a new hous that i bought andi cant move my family back into the other house or rent it out how what do i do?DJSAV_101

ummm i bought a house in old town in bowerstone for my wife and she didnt like it that much so i bought another house and moved her into it.... i dont like the effexts for sleeping there and for some reason i cant move them back into the original house and i cant rent it out for money
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DJSAV_101
[QUOTE="DJSAV_101"]

[QUOTE="liojager"]ok so i bought a house in old town and i wanted to move my family into a new hous that i bought andi cant move my family back into the other house or rent it out how what do i do?liojager

ummm i bought a house in old town in bowerstone for my wife and she didnt like it that much so i bought another house and moved her into it.... i dont like the effexts for sleeping there and for some reason i cant move them back into the original house and i cant rent it out for money

Im guessing its because your wife didnt like it to begin with so she may not want to go back (not 100% on that). Did you sell the house after you moved out? If not, sell and buy it again.

dsman418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 dsman418
Member since 2005 • 1755 Posts
ok so i was doing a quest and it saved my game. so its in the process of saving and i get a message saying this disc is unreadable. so it automatucly takes me to the dashboard. i start up fable 2 again and i go to load my game. it says loading my last location. then the screen goes black and my console freezes... i need help. is there a way to go back to a previous saved game or something,. im not starting a new game. this is very SERIOUS
jubino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#46 jubino
Member since 2005 • 6265 Posts

What do you guys think is better, Fable 1 or Fable 2. Judging by ratings alone, the first one faired just a bit better, but Fable 2 looks better in every way. What's up with that? Anyway, I was thinking about getting it, and I liked the first one. Any thoughts?

r1m1k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 r1m1k1
Hey guys, how do you open the demon door in Oakfield? I brought seven women in front of it, got its attention and proposed to them. The door never opened, he just continued telling me to show him what true love is or something like that... Is this a glitch? How do I get him to open it because I really want that house.
Avatar image for psychopenguin18
psychopenguin18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 psychopenguin18

Hey guys, how do you open the demon door in Oakfield? I brought seven women in front of it, got its attention and proposed to them. The door never opened, he just continued telling me to show him what true love is or something like that... Is this a glitch? How do I get him to open it because I really want that house.r1m1k1

I just brought a girl over and blew a kiss to her and it opened

jus2nyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#49 jus2nyce
Member since 2005 • 1574 Posts
What's up with the clothing, I'm like in Bloodstone and it's the same stuff over and over again, it's a lesser selection than that of original Fable :(
r1m1k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 r1m1k1

[QUOTE="r1m1k1"]Hey guys, how do you open the demon door in Oakfield? I brought seven women in front of it, got its attention and proposed to them. The door never opened, he just continued telling me to show him what true love is or something like that... Is this a glitch? How do I get him to open it because I really want that house.psychopenguin18

I just brought a girl over and blew a kiss to her and it opened

Seriously? All this time I just had to use the blow kiss expression? Man, am I dumb. And those rings cost be a fortune.