Fable 2 Topic, Formerly Sticky

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Flick_Candy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 Flick_Candy
Member since 2008 • 30 Posts

make her hate u..... anyone got the backflip book i could use?

airchristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 airchristian
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

To get a crapload of experience points (and gold) you can do the Crucible multiple times. I had a Master Kitana with the "get gold" and "steal health" augments in it, and you get 50 gold for every kill (only using the Kitana, however), and a TON of Strength and general XP. I found that you get so much, that it's not too big a deal to "return" a Strength upgrade, get those XP (you don't get a many back), and then use them for Skill or Will. Plus the Crucible is fun.

Beware though - I stopped having the ability to move (AT ALL) after I beat the Crucible a 3rd time. I've heard this is a bug that happens when you get your 2nd perfect 8/8 Crucible. But I'm not sure about that. Anyway, I won't be playing Fable 2 until they fix that (because I don't want to start another character, and I want to buy Fairfax Castle). Luckily, I have Fallout 3 to "fall" back on (ha ha). Now, as for the bugs in that game...

Back to Fable 2. There's only one save slot (a fact that sucks). Does anyone know - if I start a new game with a new character (I want to play through as a girl this time - an EVIL girl), will it overwrite my previous game?

Dr_Henry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Dr_Henry
Member since 2008 • 65 Posts

New Character = New Save File slot, you can have up to 6 (good and evil on each fighting style?)

Dr_Henry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Dr_Henry
Member since 2008 • 65 Posts

Also, what is the deal with the Hero Dolls?

1) What are they (I heard "Garth" mentioned as one, what about the other 5?

2) Where/when do you get them? I haven't finished the game yet but at the moment the only Dolls I have seen are ragdolls in the Bowerstone Jewellery stall.

3) Do they have ANY benefit at all asides from the achievement?

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts
[QUOTE="DJSAV_101"][QUOTE="scottishme"]

So i need all the hero dolls. I got the garth doll and i need to find nice enough people to either trade or give me the rest of the dolls. The only good thing i have to trade right now is the Red Dragon. It is a first place shooting range weapon so this is all i have to trade if anyone is willing to give me some of the dolls it would be awesome.

GT: Jade123

Lethrin

dont trade the gun for them. just talk to people around there. thats how i got them all. :D well... one cost me 100,000. :P

I'll give you 1 million gold to give me all your dolls. lol. i have about 10 million gold.(and growing lol)

you need all of them or just some? you can get two of six in your game.

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 DJSAV_101

2) Where/when do you get them? I haven't finished the game yet but at the moment the only Dolls I have seen are ragdolls in the Bowerstone Jewellery stall.

Dr_Henry

1) Garth, hammer, reaver, theresa, lucian, hero

2) you get 1 by getting second place in the shooting range (westcliff), the other you have to to to fable2.com and complete the flash game (do all the good things). you enter your gt at the end and when go to that chest near the beginning that you cant open, you should get the hero doll.

3) make money of people who will offer you thousands for them. :P

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#207 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
[QUOTE="Dr_Henry"]

DJSAV_101

2) you get 1 by getting second place in the shooting range (westcliff), the other you have to to to fable2.com and complete the flash game (do all the good things). you enter your gt at the end and when go to that chest near the beginning that you cant open, you should get the hero doll.

You can get the "hero" one from the web flash thingy but I have 7 "hero" dolls so far and I got 6 of them from gift shops in game. just so you know. They're about 200-300G each.

coolboy4567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#208 coolboy4567
Member since 2008 • 139 Posts
what guns do you have in fable 2
Lethrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#209 Lethrin
Member since 2008 • 52 Posts

I am getting sick and tired of the downers on this game. Fable was even good and it still could not do so hot in the community. Fable 2 is the same. How can you guys say this game sucks? Although there is a good fan base of pro-Fablists I am sick of the bring downs.

Molyneux wanted innovation and he brought it to the table you people need to understand this. It is not suppose to be a hardcore, fast-paced, action first person shooter. Get off of the Halo and Gears trains and hop off.

That's the problem with 360 owners. Most of them hate all games that do not have Halo or Gears tagged on the box. No offense Halo dropped went downhill big time and Gears had no better offline playing than Fable 2 has online playing. Fable 2 was not made to be played online it is just there if you want to join in. It has only been out for a little over a week. Give it time. I on the other hand will keep exploring and making new characters.

It has also been said that later on down the road more content could be available for it. Give it more time than a week. A simple patch could make your character playable online with another one's character.

To all you pro-Fable fans, rock on!!!

Stonecreamer

stonecreamer

The heck are you talking about? Not one single post in this thread has said "screw fable, i got my halozz!!!1" or anything of thesort(nore Gears). We have all been talking about fable, discussing its issues(Like anyone does for any game ever made, ever... EVER) and helping eachother with questions about the game.

Get off your high train and take your console bashing to the proper forum, and continue to discuss Fable with us like everyone else. Not discuss how everyones bringing it down, becuase you are the first I have seen on this thread to even do so.

Lethrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Lethrin
[QUOTE="Lethrin"][QUOTE="DJSAV_101"][QUOTE="scottishme"]

So i need all the hero dolls. I got the garth doll and i need to find nice enough people to either trade or give me the rest of the dolls. The only good thing i have to trade right now is the Red Dragon. It is a first place shooting range weapon so this is all i have to trade if anyone is willing to give me some of the dolls it would be awesome.

DJSAV_101

dont trade the gun for them. just talk to people around there. thats how i got them all. :D well... one cost me 100,000. :P

I'll give you 1 million gold to give me all your dolls. lol. i have about 10 million gold.(and growing lol)

Well I could easily just go search amongst people in towns n stuff. But when I turn the game on I am too busy making money and having fun to stop and ask some person for a doll. I have Hammer/Hero already.

TheRaven17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 TheRaven17
Member since 2008 • 37 Posts
Anyone know how the seasons work in Fable 2. I love the look of the game but I was hopeing for an Ice/Winter zone. Are the seasons controlled by the number of in game days that pass or is it just winter when your a kid, spring/summer before the spire and fall after the spire for the rest of the game. If that's the case that's kind of lame.
blarg_blarg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#212 blarg_blarg
Member since 2007 • 261 Posts
woot!
Keving7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#213 Keving7
Member since 2005 • 1028 Posts

i am so utterly confused.

so i returned from a long break (wont give any spoilers) and my kid is 9-10 years old! so i go to visit him in bowerstone and alas. he is black. wait what? i am white and so is my wife. wtf. either A. shes half black or B she was sleeping around when i was on a quest. lol no but seriously how the hell? (by the way. before any comments arise, i dont have any problem with the color of the childs skin, im just curious as hell as to how it happened)

scottishme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 scottishme
Member since 2006 • 157 Posts
[QUOTE="Lethrin"][QUOTE="DJSAV_101"][QUOTE="scottishme"]

DJSAV_101

I have the Garth doll and thats about it ! I would love to have any of the other dolls from anyone PLEASE !!!!!!

Avatar image for Meftah_iz_Beast
Meftah_iz_Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Meftah_iz_Beast
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Hi, I am having a huge problem. I completed the finding charley quest, but even though the convo has ended that A button stays at the top of my screen telling me to skip conversation. I held the A button for a good 5 mins and it won't go away. It won't let me pick up anything. Does anyone know how to get rid of this? PLEASE!

~Meftah~

Casperiuno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Casperiuno

I recently beat that Charlie quest but I had no idea I could've gotten his hat.

Would anyone mind giving me theirs if they have?

pm me, if you would.

PrincessMeow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 PrincessMeow

As for the scar thing, it's impossible to get them as long as you carry a rez potion at all times. Getting knocked out without one, adds a scar.

*Minor Spoiler*

For the kids thing. I have 4 currently. I own the special house in the oakfield demon door. I wanna try to have a bunch so it becomes a kid jungle. lol

Lethrin

Did you have that many with one wife?

~Minor Spoiler~

I like the house your speaking of in the Demon Door and there's that other Demon Door with the 'Winter Lodge' in it, it scared me a bit when it went from calm and dream like to a torture/death house...

G-mann07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 G-mann07
Member since 2007 • 195 Posts

I have a big question! I CAN NOT MOVE ON TILL SOMEONE HELP ME!

I dont know if i am just missing something that is in plain sight or what, but i can not get past this. I am stuck in the Hero Of Will quest, I am to use the culis gate to go to the spire docks. the culis gate wont work, I stood in the blue light for hours, i ran around the room and looked for anything to light up or look diffrent, i pressed every button on the controller while standing in the culis gate, but still it will not work, can some body PLEASE HELP ME, i have been stuck in the room for three days now!

kitaweihert

There is a cullis gate on the other side of that room that you can use. I followed the hero of will to at first and stood there for couple mins but then there is also a cullis gate on the other side, if neither of them work my friend then your game must have glitched

Dabbagins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Dabbagins
Member since 2007 • 1152 Posts

I have the Garth doll and thats about it ! I would love to have any of the other dolls from anyone PLEASE !!!!!!

Don't worry man, I'll send you my dolls. Hit me up with a friend request but I won't be online till 18 hours. Night.

g5velocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 g5velocity
Member since 2007 • 1017 Posts
So anybody know about these assassins that are sent after you? After you kill some of them they drop a map fragment.
coolboy4567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#221 coolboy4567
Member since 2008 • 139 Posts
somebody only just told me that you can seduce your wife on this game bloody hell im definately getting it now 1 question do you get to see them making babies
Shalon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Shalon15
Member since 2007 • 275 Posts
Once it is saved over the existing theres no way to redo, but in the future I would save it to a memory card first then go let i save wherever you want. I do two saves when i begin the game in case i mess up badly as in lose a great skill or upgrade or soemthing or even die lol! that had to be a bummer for certain, the other thing you could do is keep that character for to play with your wife and just create a new one. I started over once already as well as I didnt like where mine was going she was hated and prices were too high for her to buy anything decent, (I kept hitting the b button intown and scaring everyone lol!)
Shalon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Shalon15
Member since 2007 • 275 Posts
coolboy, no you dont actually see the act of the baby making, but its fun needless to say when that bundle of joy pops into the room. You have to get the seduce and blow kiss for sure which means lots of messing with the townies and buying those books to learn the skills. Keep working a job for that pitzy stuffs. I work then buy my furniture and house and then just got the weapon from the temple of light which was 10500 and tough cuz it got boring lol!
Prisonofhope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#224 Prisonofhope
Member since 2008 • 152 Posts
On the note of the temple of light weapon, I think they should have done more with the legendary weapons than they did. I have the achi sp? katana and with all the trouble it took me to find it, it could at least look a little cooler or more legendary. But that's just me.
BlkCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#225 BlkCloud
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

HELP!!!

Well i was playing Fable tonight racking up gold without cheating and i buy the castle and do a side quest. Lets just say my sex got changed and whoever dosnt know what im talking about please let me co-op with you and let me drink the sex change potion, i will offer you 1 million Gold if you can help me! my gaming for Fable 2 basically all went down the drain because of the freakin auto save they put in it. well my Gamertag is - WUTANG k1lla

THANKS

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#226 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

*****MASSIVE END OF GAME SPOILER*****

So I finished the game last night and chose "The Family" and I am wondering if you can actually reunite with your sister? I don't really need to know how, just IF it's possible.

Lethrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Lethrin

So I finished the game last night and chose "The Family" and I am wondering if you can actually reunite with your sister? I don't really need to know how, just IF it's possible.

Large_Soda

*SPOILER*

Currently there is no way to reunite with her. I personally think it's a lead to a possability of an expansion or maybe Fable 3. But as of right now, nobody has found her. She is either VERY well hidden, or just not in existance right now,

Lethrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Lethrin

HELP!!!

Well i was playing Fable tonight racking up gold without cheating and i buy the castle and do a side quest. Lets just say my sex got changed and whoever dosnt know what im talking about please let me co-op with you and let me drink the sex change potion, i will offer you 1 million Gold if you can help me! my gaming for Fable 2 basically all went down the drain because of the freakin auto save they put in it. well my Gamertag is - WUTANG k1lla

THANKS

BlkCloud

I would be happy to help ya there bud, but sadly I already did this quest and threw away what you are after.

Lethrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Lethrin

On the note of the temple of light weapon, I think they should have done more with the legendary weapons than they did. I have the achi sp? katana and with all the trouble it took me to find it, it could at least look a little cooler or more legendary. But that's just me.Prisonofhope

*SPOILER ALERT*

What's an Achi SP? Well if you go to the Tower of Brightwood and do some sniffing around, you will find a ledge on the roof that you can jump off into a well. After solving the dungeon and emerging topside of a cliffs edge, you can get a wonderful sword that has a golden buzzard head at the base of the hilt, and a golden bird rib cage as the finger guard. :P I think it's called the Daichi. IMO it's the best melee weapon in the game. But I use Magic/Guns, so I don't know much about melee weapons.

Blood_Thorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Blood_Thorn

*SPOLIER ALERT!!!*

When you chose The Family, im sure that Teresa says that your CURRENT FAMILY will be restored.

Current Family being the wife(s) that you may have married and the children you may have had and of course your faithful companion (dog).

Im sure she says that she will not be able to bring your sister back to life.

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 DJSAV_101

HELP!!!

THANKS

BlkCloud

are you serious thats what you get in the mansion? I gave up on that quest cuz it got too frustrating. sorry i cant help you. but does it really matter what sex you are?

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 DJSAV_101

So anybody know about these assassins that are sent after you? After you kill some of them they drop a map fragment. g5velocity

lucian sent those assassins after you. after you get the entire map you can go to their hideoout and fight the leader.

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#234 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts
[QUOTE="Large_Soda"]

Lethrin

*SPOILER*

Currently there is no way to reunite with her. I personally think it's a lead to a possability of an expansion or maybe Fable 3. But as of right now, nobody has found her. She is either VERY well hidden, or just not in existance right now,

Cool. Thanks for the response.

Avatar image for hawaiiinsomniac
hawaiiinsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#235 hawaiiinsomniac
Member since 2007 • 1257 Posts

Large_Soda

I chose family and I was reunited with the sister, but as youngins.

To get back to the present, just go to sleep, follow where it goes when you press (LT), you'll get the music box and return to the present.

Avatar image for hawaiiinsomniac
hawaiiinsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 hawaiiinsomniac
Member since 2007 • 1257 Posts

I loved the first game so was very excited about this one although I do think one of the biggest problems is that they didn't include a global map. Fine they can say its 100 times bigger than fable 1 but if I can't get a perspective of that whats the point.

To a real problem I want answering: I want to buy furniture for my houses to increase the rent, the only furniture shop i can find though is the one at bowerstone market and when the lady seller is in there she never has anything to sell despite the whole shop being filled with furniture. By the way, I have never bought any furniture so don't say wait for the next load of goods to come into the store.

JamesIsntDead

You have to go to Bloodstone to buy furniture. The lady at Bowerstone will only sell you her stupid book.

Prisonofhope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Prisonofhope

[QUOTE="Prisonofhope"]On the note of the temple of light weapon, I think they should have done more with the legendary weapons than they did. I have the achi sp? katana and with all the trouble it took me to find it, it could at least look a little cooler or more legendary. But that's just me.Lethrin

*SPOILER ALERT*

What's an Achi SP? Well if you go to the Tower of Brightwood and do some sniffing around, you will find a ledge on the roof that you can jump off into a well. After solving the dungeon and emerging topside of a cliffs edge, you can get a wonderful sword that has a golden buzzard head at the base of the hilt, and a golden bird rib cage as the finger guard. :P I think it's called the Daichi. IMO it's the best melee weapon in the game. But I use Magic/Guns, so I don't know much about melee weapons.

Sorry, haha, was what i meant and yea it is the best melee weapon in the game. What disapoints me is that IT IS THE BEST WEAPON IN THE GAME i mean it looks like a regular sword. Oh and sp? means spelling?

Prisonofhope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Prisonofhope
[QUOTE="JamesIsntDead"]

I loved the first game so was very excited about this one although I do think one of the biggest problems is that they didn't include a global map. Fine they can say its 100 times bigger than fable 1 but if I can't get a perspective of that whats the point.

To a real problem I want answering: I want to buy furniture for my houses to increase the rent, the only furniture shop i can find though is the one at bowerstone market and when the lady seller is in there she never has anything to sell despite the whole shop being filled with furniture. By the way, I have never bought any furniture so don't say wait for the next load of goods to come into the store.

hawaiiinsomniac

You have to go to Bloodstone to buy furniture. The lady at Bowerstone will only sell you her stupid book.

The lady in bowerstone sells furniture

Lethrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Lethrin
[QUOTE="BlkCloud"]

HELP!!!

THANKS

DJSAV_101

are you serious thats what you get in the mansion? I gave up on that quest cuz it got too frustrating. sorry i cant help you. but does it really matter what sex you are?

What do you mean it was frustrating? Nothing about that quest was difficult. O_o It was a typical run through and kill everything type of quest. Takes like 10 minutes. lol

cle99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 cle99
hey i am about 75% through the game and i have just got to blood stone and was wondering if it is possible to still do the "red harvest" quest so i can get the enforcer (legendary blunderbuss), if as i suspect i have missed my chance to get it i am willing to pay 1,500,000 for it or if theres any thing else u would like instead , please let me know, thank you. :)

if ur interested in selling add me gt :cle99 thank you again :)
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 DJSAV_101
[QUOTE="DJSAV_101"][QUOTE="BlkCloud"]

HELP!!!

THANKS

Lethrin

What do you mean it was frustrating? Nothing about that quest was difficult. O_o It was a typical run through and kill everything type of quest. Takes like 10 minutes. lol

There is a part were you have to hit the target with the fireball then a gun shot and then another gun shot. every time i would aim with my gun, even though I was looking straight at the traget, it does a 90 degree turn and I run out of time so it returns back to the beginning. That would happen or I will shot right at the center and it wouldnt register as a hit.

Im doing that solo btw.

Firefly00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Firefly00
Member since 2008 • 172 Posts

Do any of you guys know if there is another Barber shop in the game, besides Beth the stylist in Bowerstone Market?

Thanks

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 DJSAV_101

Do any of you guys know if there is another Barber shop in the game, besides Beth the stylist in Bowerstone Market?

Thanks

Firefly00

bloodstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 1357
Member since 2005 • 426 Posts

ending is crap

its like they were tired of making the game ... u end up at the spire somehow .? then u see the bad guy .. forget his name haha... then the skill guys kills him for u ? hahah wtf no final boss .. the ending is like 5 min long

Prisonofhope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Prisonofhope

ending is crap

its like they were tired of making the game ... u end up at the spire somehow .? then u see the bad guy .. forget his name haha... then the skill guys kills him for u ? hahah wtf no final boss .. the ending is like 5 min long

I used the music box to kill him

MarsGurl08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 MarsGurl08
I heard that they plan on fixing the co-op soon. That there will be a few patches coming in a few weeks. This information was courtesey of G4TV's XPlay review. I overall think its still a great sequal and have no doubt that the co-op will be amazing. All the reivews have been interesting to read, but the best review I have read is this one, http://news.gotgame.com/the-joy-of-fulfilled-promises-a-fable-2-review/17999/, it compares the first Fable to Fable 2 through each step of the game on what was added and changed from beginning of the game to the completion. I'm playing through the game now and outside the co-op, I'm having a blast with the added quests. I would say its a successful game so far but I should be finished soon to give a final review.
Thsyine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Thsyine

I'd like to get the Red Dragon pistol, but I don't have the patience for the mini game. Is there anyone willing to sell one to me? Send me a message with an offer, please.

Other than that, I'm enjoying my gameplay with the Daichi katana. Also working on Gargoyles.

solo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 solo4321
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts
okay so I just finished the Hero of Will and I come back and my wife is not home and my kid is just standing there and he hates me and the meter doesn't go to the love side after I give him presents and do "Fun" stuff for him. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Lethrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Lethrin
[QUOTE="Lethrin"][QUOTE="DJSAV_101"][QUOTE="BlkCloud"]

HELP!!!

THANKS

DJSAV_101

There is a part were you have to hit the target with the fireball then a gun shot and then another gun shot. every time i would aim with my gun, even though I was looking straight at the traget, it does a 90 degree turn and I run out of time so it returns back to the beginning. That would happen or I will shot right at the center and it wouldnt register as a hit.

Im doing that solo btw.

Ok we are both talking about the quest at the mansion right? i beat the entire quest and never had to do anything involving that at all. There was no time-limit styled thing, I didn't hyave to hit things in order with spells/gun. O_o

GAMECAMILLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#250 GAMECAMILLER
Member since 2005 • 4994 Posts
Though the story is short, this game is surprisingly addicting to me. Anyone else surprised at how addicting it is?