Crackdown 7.0 in OXM!!! (sticky please)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

madcapper248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 madcapper248
Member since 2005 • 1842 Posts
The newest issue of OXM has a review for Crackdown and in it they said that it's main drawback is its lack of side missions. The 21 gang bosses and lieutenants can be beat in about 12 hours. After that, there's not much to do but scrounge for achievement points. "Are you paying 60 bones for Spartan testing time, or is Crackdown actually a worthy game on its own merits? The anser, it turns out, lies somewhere in between."
HALO2cookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 HALO2cookie
Member since 2004 • 5846 Posts

It does get VERY boring..

ragincoley86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ragincoley86
Member since 2006 • 1357 Posts
Im not surprised it only has hitman missions.
craig828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 craig828
Member since 2005 • 1857 Posts
My prediction was correct, i hate crackdown :)
Raz0redge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Raz0redge
Member since 2004 • 1796 Posts
That score seems to be inline with what I would have expected for this game.
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts
Did they miss the part about online co-op?
JohnWinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JohnWinger
Member since 2007 • 1903 Posts

The newest issue of OXM has a review for Crackdown and in it they said that it's main drawback is its lack of side missions. The 21 gang bosses and lieutenants can be beat in about 12 hours. After that, there's not much to do but scrounge for achievement points. "Are you paying 60 bones for Spartan testing time, or is Crackdown actually a worthy game on its own merits? The anser, it turns out, lies somewhere in between."
madcapper248

7.0 is about right. I'm sure Gamespot will give it a 10. Considering they are biased to Microsoft.

raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
i wouldnt expect higher then 7.9 from anyone else nothing really specail about the game
RandyRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RandyRodent
Member since 2006 • 1226 Posts
Disappointing news folks.
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 limpbizkit818

[QUOTE="madcapper248"]The newest issue of OXM has a review for Crackdown and in it they said that it's main drawback is its lack of side missions. The 21 gang bosses and lieutenants can be beat in about 12 hours. After that, there's not much to do but scrounge for achievement points. "Are you paying 60 bones for Spartan testing time, or is Crackdown actually a worthy game on its own merits? The anser, it turns out, lies somewhere in between."
JohnWinger

7.0 is about right. I'm sure Gamespot will give it a 10. Considering they are biased to Microsoft.

And how is that?
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
i'd like to power up full for once and cause some serious mayhem... that will be it i guess...
MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MickeyTheNinja
Member since 2007 • 3824 Posts
Crackdown is lame, people are paying 60$ for a Halo 3 beta, who is seriously hyped for Crackdown? No one should be atleast...
Bristar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bristar
Member since 2002 • 495 Posts
OXM in the UK gave it a 9, big difference in opinions of the reveiwers, especially from the same magazine. Well hopefully the guy in the UK is right :)
MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MickeyTheNinja

[QUOTE="madcapper248"]The newest issue of OXM has a review for Crackdown and in it they said that it's main drawback is its lack of side missions. The 21 gang bosses and lieutenants can be beat in about 12 hours. After that, there's not much to do but scrounge for achievement points. "Are you paying 60 bones for Spartan testing time, or is Crackdown actually a worthy game on its own merits? The anser, it turns out, lies somewhere in between."
JohnWinger

Whatever, expect a high or mid 7.
Rev2221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Rev2221
Member since 2003 • 369 Posts
sounds like another "just cause". fun while it lasts but when u beat it u don't want to go back.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ebd39d683340
deactivated-5ebd39d683340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 deactivated-5ebd39d683340
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts
dude, this game could be so much more if it had more skill levels like 15 skill levels per ability. This game should've had a very good story, and could be a memorable game indeed. But, what is with the stories of today's games?

AA7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AA7
Member since 2003 • 2845 Posts
I Still say GS is going to give it around an 8.3.
JohnWinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JohnWinger
Member since 2007 • 1903 Posts
[QUOTE="JohnWinger"]

limpbizkit818

And how is that?

Gears of War got a 9.6   http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/gearsofwar/index.html?q=gears%20of%20war

Do you honestly believe that is the best game you have ever played?

It got a higher score than amazing games like Ninja Gaiden!!!

Perfect Dark   http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/perfectdarkzero/index.html?q=Perfect%20Dark

This game is not superb. It does not deserve a 9.0

I'm sorry but this game was complete utter garbage. I bought it then sold it a week later.

Need I say more?

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 limpbizkit818
Crackdown is lame, people are paying 60$ for a Halo 3 beta, who is seriously hyped for Crackdown? No one should be atleast...MickeyTheNinja
Why should no one be hyped? Because you didn't like it?
MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MickeyTheNinja

No...its because it's a stupid game...how can't everyone see that?

EDIT: No one should be playing this game going "Oh was awwwesome! That was sooo cool! Look I just threw a car, sweeet!"

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 limpbizkit818
[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"][QUOTE="JohnWinger"]

JohnWinger

And how is that?

Gears of War got a 9.6 http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/gearsofwar/index.html?q=gears%20of%20war

It got a high score than amazing games like Ninja Gaiden!!!

Perfect Dark http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/perfectdarkzero/index.html?q=Perfect%20Dark

I'm sorry but this game was complete utter garbage. I bought it then sold it a week later.

Need I say more?

Is Gears the best game I ever played? No. Did Gamespot say it was? No. You cant compare games like NG and Gears, different game types on different systems. I liked Perfect Dark, and so did Greg. Does this one reviewer represent all of Gamespot? No. People have different tastes. I could say GS is biased to any system just because they review games I didn't like too high. I thought God of War was junk, yet it scored AAA. GS is biased towards PS2!!!!
wmc540

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 wmc540
Member since 2006 • 2620 Posts
This is outrageous I got my new magazine like one week ago and now you claim to have another new one?
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 limpbizkit818

EDIT: No one should be playing this game going "Oh was awwwesome! That was sooo cool! Look I just threw a car, sweeet!"

MickeyTheNinja
No one should play Halo and say "Oh awwwwwwesome! I killed an Alien!" nor should they say "Oh awwwwwwesome I ran over a person!" while playing GTA. Its all opinions!
Avatar image for Screamin_EaGLes
Screamin_EaGLes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Screamin_EaGLes
Member since 2006 • 2278 Posts
different opinions, thats why everyone cant see that.
Avatar image for inkybinkydonkey
inkybinkydonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 inkybinkydonkey
Member since 2006 • 609 Posts

gamepro: 4.5/5

OXM UK: 9/10

MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MickeyTheNinja
Whatever, Crackdown is lame, go spend 60$ for a Halo 3 beta.
Avatar image for Screamin_EaGLes
Screamin_EaGLes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Screamin_EaGLes
Member since 2006 • 2278 Posts
[QUOTE="MickeyTheNinja"]

limpbizkit818
No one should play Halo and say "Oh awwwwwwesome! I killed an Alien!" nor should they say "Oh awwwwwwesome I ran over a person!" while playing GTA. Its all opinions!

lol that made me laugh
Kenshi_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Kenshi_is_god
Member since 2004 • 5414 Posts

JohnWinger

And how is that?

Gears of War got a 9.6 http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/gearsofwar/index.html?q=gears%20of%20war

Perfect Dark http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/perfectdarkzero/index.html?q=Perfect%20Dark

Need I say more?

9.6 is superb, not greatest ever. I don't know how you dont get punched every day by someone if you live with reasoning like this. Just because you dont like a game, doesnt mean everyone else SHOULDNT enjoy it. The game sold over 3 million so it must've been pretty damn good. And I havent met one person besides people like you on here that say it sucks and deserves a low score.
Xbox360gamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Xbox360gamer1
Member since 2005 • 8575 Posts
See I like Crackdown, but Super Power make it way too easy. I mean if those 100 guys shotting at you are bothering you... just jump 100 feet to avoid them or jump throwing a car then greanading killing all of them and head straight for the leader.....Game Over.
It is way to fast paced and unrealistic, There are no "consequences" for what you do like in GTA,nothing to fear.
The overall problem is that it isn't a bad game, IT is just way too easy.Not to mention It appears you can't go in any buildings
miguelpaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 miguelpaco
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts

JohnWinger

And how is that?

Need I say more?

opinions opinions, both of those are great games, Gamespot was pretty close to my rating and i am by no means a fanboy....but i actually think PDZ is better than Gears, lots more replay value, and lots of people are still playin it online
clubside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 clubside
Member since 2004 • 667 Posts

While review scores never affect my buying of a game, I would like to take this moment, as I do often, to point out that OXM is the worst "Official" game magazine ever published, and generally one of the worst gaming magazines of all time. Beyond the wretched layout, terse reviews and laughable "features", ever since Issue 1 hit the newsstands it has continually "reported" inaccurate information and ignored stories that other Xbox mags, particularly the now-defunct XBN, covered thoroughly. Future Publishing does a better job running PSM. The ridiculous "unlock points" since OXM began covering the 360 on the disc is just another indication of how lame the "Official Xbox Magazine" is. Take all of their reviews with a grain of salt. Or better yet, take their reviews and shove them where the sun don't shine.

And to the topic creator, why would GameSpot "sticky" a topic about a lame review from an even lamer magazine? They still haven't done a sticky on the "Post Your Setup" thread which actually has some value (and continued interest after a long period of time).

wildmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 wildmatt
Member since 2003 • 1242 Posts

JohnWinger
yeah it's official you're stupid, still can't get over the zelda score I'm guessing or thinks Gears is Overated even though not only gamespot gave it higher most sites gave it a perfect 10/10, 5/5, 100% w/e

MickeyTheNinja
um...
Kenshi_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Kenshi_is_god
[QUOTE="MickeyTheNinja"]

limpbizkit818

you're gonna get flamed. you use common sense and logic to disprove idiots that run rampant on this board. hell, the mods might even ban your account for this. id just leave now
Kenshi_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Kenshi_is_god
Whatever, Crackdown is lame, go spend 60$ for a Halo 3 beta.MickeyTheNinja
exactly thank you for proving that you just got owned
MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MickeyTheNinja
[QUOTE="MickeyTheNinja"]Whatever, Crackdown is lame, go spend 60$ for a Halo 3 beta.Kenshi_is_god

Not even, Crackdown is the worst game ive ever played. It wouldnt sell if it wasnt for the Halo 3 beta.
Kenshi_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Kenshi_is_god
[QUOTE="Kenshi_is_god"][QUOTE="MickeyTheNinja"]Whatever, Crackdown is lame, go spend 60$ for a Halo 3 beta.MickeyTheNinja

Not even, Crackdown is the worst game ive ever played. It wouldnt sell if it wasnt for the Halo 3 beta.

Sure thing buddy. Im so sure you are right. I mean you have to be.
MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MickeyTheNinja
Haha it's my opinion and my opinion is it's the worst game IVE ever played. Can you read?
Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#39 Sharvie
Member since 2006 • 8895 Posts
I haven't downloaded the demo. It doesn't look like my kind of thing but i might give it a whizz.
wildmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 wildmatt
Member since 2003 • 1242 Posts
[QUOTE="MickeyTheNinja"][QUOTE="Kenshi_is_god"][QUOTE="MickeyTheNinja"]Whatever, Crackdown is lame, go spend 60$ for a Halo 3 beta.Kenshi_is_god

REALLY, HIM WRONG? NO EFFEN WAY! HE'S ALWAYS CORRECT, WE ALL THINK LIKE THIS GUY, RIGHT?...right?
MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MickeyTheNinja
[QUOTE="Kenshi_is_god"][QUOTE="MickeyTheNinja"][QUOTE="Kenshi_is_god"][QUOTE="MickeyTheNinja"]Whatever, Crackdown is lame, go spend 60$ for a Halo 3 beta.wildmatt

REALLY, HIM WRONG? NO EFFEN WAY! HE'S ALWAYS CORRECT, WE ALL THINK LIKE THIS GUY, RIGHT?...right?

Totally, Fantastic_Ninja wins again!!
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#43 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
Reviews are just one persons opinion; one that not everyone will agree with no matter what the score.
CPM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 CPM_basic
Member since 2002 • 4247 Posts
Dude I don't give a flying crap what OXM or any magazine gives it. I played the demo 10 time already and it has the sickest co-op ever and the gameplay is just a blast.
nrt25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nrt25
Member since 2005 • 670 Posts
I think that Crackdown is worthy of an 8.0-8.9 score from Gamespot. I really like the RPG elements of the game and I think it was easily one of the better demos I have played.
fore_runner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 fore_runner
Member since 2004 • 8704 Posts

JohnWinger

And how is that?

Need I say more?

So because the Xbox 360 has good games....and get good reviews, as deserved.....that makes gamespot biased.....riiiiiight.
MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MickeyTheNinja
[QUOTE="JohnWinger"][QUOTE="limpbizkit818"][QUOTE="JohnWinger"]

fore_runner

And how is that?

Need I say more?

So because the Xbox 360 has good games....and get good reviews, as deserved.....that makes gamespot biased.....riiiiiight.

Haha yeah people who think that are fanboys or just little boys.
SuperSix6075

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#48 SuperSix6075
Member since 2006 • 271 Posts
id get it if it got good reviews + the added bouns of the h3 testing ...
Dymedropp3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Dymedropp3r
Member since 2006 • 459 Posts
Dude I don't give a flying crap what OXM or any magazine gives it. I played the demo 10 time already and it has the sickest co-op ever and the gameplay is just a blast.CPM_basic
Damn right man. What only matters is what the player thinks.I don't need somebody to tell me what is and isn't fun.I personally loved the gameplay,the co-op especially.
kyle_toker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 kyle_toker
Member since 2004 • 4950 Posts
lol why would this need a sticky.