Crackdown 7.0 in OXM!!! (sticky please)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

drj077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 drj077
Member since 2003 • 8375 Posts
Gamerankings.com = the true average = better indicator of a games' true score. 
JohnWinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 JohnWinger
Member since 2007 • 1903 Posts
[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"][QUOTE="JohnWinger"]

[QUOTE="madcapper248"]The newest issue of OXM has a review for Crackdown and in it they said that it's main drawback is its lack of side missions. The 21 gang bosses and lieutenants can be beat in about 12 hours. After that, there's not much to do but scrounge for achievement points. "Are you paying 60 bones for Spartan testing time, or is Crackdown actually a worthy game on its own merits? The anser, it turns out, lies somewhere in between."
Nemme

7.0 is about right. I'm sure Gamespot will give it a 10. Considering they are biased to Microsoft.

And how is that?

He doesn't like it because his silly PS3 has no good games :(

The only console I own is an Xbox 360. The only console before that was the Original Xbox.

However I wasn't talking about that was I? I was talking about Gamespot's reviews and how they're biased.

Gears of War is a good game, but far from great. The muliplayer is okay for customs, but you can't ranked matches with friends which defeats the purpose of playing a Team-Based Multiplayer game.

The campaign has no story. The action and gameplay makes the game fun, but the campaign is short and leads to cliff-hanger ending.

The game doesn't deserve higher than a 9.0

As for Crackdown,

The gameplay is weak. Haven't we seen enough Grand Theft Auto wannabe games?

The graphics are that of Original Xbox.

Need I say more?

XL70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#153 XL70
Member since 2004 • 1196 Posts
I was talking about Gamespot's reviews and how they're biased.

Gears of War is a good game, but far from great. The muliplayer is okay for customs, but you can't ranked matches with friends which defeats the purpose of playing a Team-Based Multiplayer game.

The campaign has no story. The action and gameplay makes the game fun, but the campaign is short and leads to cliff-hanger ending.

The game doesn't deserve higher than a 9.0

JohnWinger
I can understand your reasoning about Gears of War, even if I don't agree. However, I don't really understand where you get the idea of GameSpot being biased to Microsoft came from? I really don't think it is biased.
JohnWinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 JohnWinger
Member since 2007 • 1903 Posts

I posted some links earlier to back my point.

Perfect Dark Zero was over-rated as well on its launch as Gears of War was.

Just wait and see....

I bet you Crackdown will get above an 8.0 on Gamespot, if not a 9.0+

XL70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 XL70

I bet you Crackdown will get above an 8.0 on Gamespot, if not a 9.0+

JohnWinger
So if Crackdown gets more than an 8 on GameSpot, it's biased?
Xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#156 Xshinobi
Member since 2003 • 3011 Posts
[QUOTE="Kenshi_is_god"][QUOTE="MickeyTheNinja"]Whatever, Crackdown is lame, go spend 60$ for a Halo 3 beta.MickeyTheNinja
exactly thank you for proving that you just got owned

Not even, Crackdown is the worst game ive ever played. It wouldnt sell if it wasnt for the Halo 3 beta.

If Crackdown is the worst game you ever played. You havn't played many games.
unimpendium115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#157 unimpendium115
Member since 2006 • 1542 Posts
Wow that mag sux, this game deserves more just for the demo alone.
joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
i still getting it
Avatar image for dragonslayerssj
dragonslayerssj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 dragonslayerssj
Member since 2003 • 1974 Posts

this topic is amazing... its fun to see how most people in here like to argue about a game thats not out yet. Granted the demo is but still its only a demo. From what i have read this is mainly Gears VS Crackdown with a few other games thrown in. Everyone keeps saying "this game sucks" and then someone flames them. Then someone says " i liked the game" then they get flamed by the person that didnt like it who he had flamed earlier. Honeslty who cares what everyone thinks? can you honestly say you have gone out and bought a game just because someone said "hey that game was cool!"? Probably not. You most likely thought to yourself at one point and decided, and if by chance you did buy a game or whatever it may have been solely based on someone elses opinion then your an idiot thats all there is to it. People have to learn to think for themselves on here.

This topic should be stickied and it should be changed to "Babies that like to argue about games." This way if you have to say something then you can post your point and wait to be flamed by someone who doesnt agree.

Also its funny how if a game gets a 7 it is considered to be bad... Since when is 7 out of 10 bad? maybe if it got a 4 or 5 then yea thats bad. Its sad how if a game doesnt score a 9 or better its considered to be bad by most people.

Anyway to stay on topic i liked the demo and i thought it was fun. I liked the leveling system (wished there was a bit more to it) and i liked the gameplay. It was a good time. I will be buying it because I thought it was good.

BadHand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 BadHand
Member since 2005 • 313 Posts
It got a 9.0 in the UK OXM.

paradyme777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 paradyme777
Member since 2005 • 5308 Posts
I'll be getting it, I don't care what OXM scored it.  I had fun playing it and in my eyes that is all that matters.
XL70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 XL70
It got a 9.0 in the UK OXM.
BadHand
Even if you don't take into account the score it was given, the actual review was very positive, although it did mention longevity issues.
FooFighter145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 FooFighter145
Member since 2003 • 415 Posts

OXM also gave The Outpost 8.5...

Need I say more..

Still getting Crackdown

jonzilla_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#164 jonzilla_basic
Member since 2002 • 2334 Posts
yikes
fore_runner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 fore_runner
Member since 2004 • 8704 Posts
OXM UK gave it a 9/10.
-ZeRoHouR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 -ZeRoHouR-
Member since 2003 • 8089 Posts
Yeah, and OXM gave Fight Night Round 3 a 10.  I like reading the magazine but I never take their reviews seriously.
Wallace_Green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#167 Wallace_Green
Member since 2006 • 1778 Posts
Iam still buying it b/c of the beta testing.
RabbidDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#168 RabbidDawg
Member since 2006 • 960 Posts
The newest issue of OXM has a review for Crackdown and in it they said that it's main drawback is its lack of side missions. The 21 gang bosses and lieutenants can be beat in about 12 hours. After that, there's not much to do but scrounge for achievement points. "Are you paying 60 bones for Spartan testing time, or is Crackdown actually a worthy game on its own merits? The anser, it turns out, lies somewhere in between."
madcapper248

If the game really is this shallow then I will just can it, and cancel my preorder. All these great games that get hyped end up being short trips around the block for $60.00 and they are not worth it:( Just like Gears, it selling,on visuals alone, the multiplayer is crap and has 3 lousy modes, and the story and gameplay are shallow...why? Disc limitations maybe?

All these pretty textures, details and environments, and theres no room left for great gameplay? Ive said it a million time, I love my 360 but I think media limitations ie disc space will be a problem for MS eventually, god I hope Halo 3 and Fable 2 arent victims of the "Pretty graphics lame gameplay" issue:( Those games are the main reason Ive stuck by MS this gen, even though Ive had 6 system failures:( Oh and Im sure as hell not goign to buy this game just because of the Halo 3 Beta...no demo is worth that much:lol:
XL70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 XL70
If the game really is this shallow then I will just can it, and cancel my preorder. All these great games that get hyped end up being short trips around the block for $60.00 and they are not worth it:( Just like Gears, it selling,on visuals alone, the multiplayer is crap and has 3 lousy modes, and the story and gameplay are shallow...why? Disc limitations maybe?RabbidDawg
There is no way you can blame poor storytelling on disc storage space limitations! Stories are only limited by the imagination of the writers/creators.
-ZeRoHouR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 -ZeRoHouR-
[QUOTE="madcapper248"]The newest issue of OXM has a review for Crackdown and in it they said that it's main drawback is its lack of side missions. The 21 gang bosses and lieutenants can be beat in about 12 hours. After that, there's not much to do but scrounge for achievement points. "Are you paying 60 bones for Spartan testing time, or is Crackdown actually a worthy game on its own merits? The anser, it turns out, lies somewhere in between."
RabbidDawg

If the game really is this shallow then I will just can it, and cancel my preorder. All these great games that get hyped end up being short trips around the block for $60.00 and they are not worth it:( Just like Gears, it selling,on visuals alone, the multiplayer is crap and has 3 lousy modes, and the story and gameplay are shallow...why? Disc limitations maybe?

All these pretty textures, details and environments, and theres no room left for great gameplay? Ive said it a million time, I love my 360 but I think media limitations ie disc space will be a problem for MS eventually, god I hope Halo 3 and Fable 2 arent victims of the "Pretty graphics lame gameplay" issue:(

I agree with you there.  I know somebody will flame me for saying this but it is true that GeoW is selling mainly because of the graphics alone.  I know a ton of people who don't really play a lot of games and once they saw the awesome visuals, that's all they talk about.  I never hear them talk about how fun the game is or anything, just the graphics. 
Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts
I'll be getting it, I don't care what OXM scored it. I had fun playing it and in my eyes that is all that matters.paradyme777

Exactly, who cares about what some 40 year-old reviewer thinks?
-ZeRoHouR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 -ZeRoHouR-
[QUOTE="paradyme777"]I'll be getting it, I don't care what OXM scored it. I had fun playing it and in my eyes that is all that matters.Aaron89

Well, the thing with reviews are to give you a general idea of how the game actually is.  They are just someone's own opinion and everyone does have biased opinions towards certain game genres but it's up the each individual to judge if it's the game for them or not.
redhawk360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#173 redhawk360
Member since 2006 • 723 Posts

i think crack down will be great while it last and it would be possible for them to release new missions, islands, abilitys over xbl id give it an 8.8

chansaet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 chansaet
Member since 2003 • 6280 Posts
See I knew people were just saying how great the game was just so they can feel good about spending $60 for Halo 3 beta.
-ZeRoHouR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 -ZeRoHouR-
See I knew people were just saying how great the game was just so they can feel good about spending $60 for Halo 3 beta.chansaet

Am I the only person who think's it is stupid to get worked up over a Halo 3 beta??? 
XL70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 XL70
See I knew people were just saying how great the game was just so they can feel good about spending $60 for Halo 3 beta.chansaet
No, I couldn't care less about the Halo 3 beta. I would buy the game without the beta.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
deactivated-5f033ecf40fed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#177 deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
Member since 2004 • 2665 Posts

JohnWinger

7.0 is about right. I'm sure Gamespot will give it a 10. Considering they are biased to Microsoft.

They aren't biased towards microsoft, the 360 is just a great platform.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
deactivated-5f033ecf40fed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#178 deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
Member since 2004 • 2665 Posts
I agree with you there. I know somebody will flame me for saying this but it is true that GeoW is selling mainly because of the graphics alone. I know a ton of people who don't really play a lot of games and once they saw the awesome visuals, that's all they talk about. I never hear them talk about how fun the game is or anything, just the graphics.
-ZeRoHouR-
The game is fun, and I love the multiplayer, happy now? Anyway, it's already gotten 9/10 from two other reviewers so we'll just have to wait and see.
Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts
[QUOTE="Aaron89"][QUOTE="paradyme777"]I'll be getting it, I don't care what OXM scored it. I had fun playing it and in my eyes that is all that matters.-ZeRoHouR-

Well, the thing with reviews are to give you a general idea of how the game actually is. They are just someone's own opinion and everyone does have biased opinions towards certain game genres but it's up the each individual to judge if it's the game for them or not.

...which is why reviews are useless...

I'll admit, I read them also. But just seeing one person rate Oblivion a 1.0 and another 10.0, makes me wonder why I even bother. Rent/try the game - and judge.

-ZeRoHouR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 -ZeRoHouR-
[QUOTE="-ZeRoHouR-"]I agree with you there. I know somebody will flame me for saying this but it is true that GeoW is selling mainly because of the graphics alone. I know a ton of people who don't really play a lot of games and once they saw the awesome visuals, that's all they talk about. I never hear them talk about how fun the game is or anything, just the graphics.
The_Fell_One
The game is fun, and I love the multiplayer, happy now? Anyway, it's already gotten 9/10 from two other reviewers so we'll just have to wait and see.

That's your opinion and your entitled towards it but it is pretty much true that without the amazing graphics, it's just another shooter (you could say that about a lot of shooters though.) The graphics are a showcase (not saying this is bad at all) and I know a lot of people are buying it just on graphics alone.
daniel52587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 daniel52587
Member since 2005 • 3028 Posts
No that games sucks. GTA:SA is way better than that, and its cheaper.
XL70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 XL70
No that games sucks. daniel52587
You have it already? Well, if you don't want it, can you send it to me please?
marsslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 marsslayer
Member since 2006 • 126 Posts
Well i live this game i would give it a 8.5 its not perfect but im getting it for the online play with makes it good. And who gives a crap what people say if you like it, you like it if you hate it, you hate it. so shut up and lets stop fighting like children. is that ok ?
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts
[QUOTE="Nemme"][QUOTE="limpbizkit818"][QUOTE="JohnWinger"]

[QUOTE="madcapper248"]Haven't we seen enough Grand Theft Auto wannabe games?

The graphics are that of Original Xbox.

Need I say more?

JohnWinger

This game is nothing like GTA. I don't understand how people can even think that every open-world game is like GTA. Xbox could not handle this game. You simply dis-like the graphics style. Again, your invalided points about Gamespot being biased make no sense. I guess they should start making bad games for the 360 so the system gets more lower scoring games. As for some of the other people that posted here, I guess every game you have is a AAA game because apparently anything less is a flop and not worth playing.
cvasquez311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 cvasquez311
Member since 2004 • 962 Posts
[QUOTE="MickeyTheNinja"]

No...its because it's a stupid game...how can't everyone see that?

EDIT: No one should be playing this game going "Oh was awwwesome! That was sooo cool! Look I just threw a car, sweeet!"

limpbizkit818
No one should play Halo and say "Oh awwwwwwesome! I killed an Alien!" nor should they say "Oh awwwwwwesome I ran over a person!" while playing GTA. Its all opinions!

dude fact is you like a crappy microsoft game, get over it.
cvasquez311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 cvasquez311
Member since 2004 • 962 Posts
[QUOTE="MickeyTheNinja"]

EDIT: No one should be playing this game going "Oh was awwwesome! That was sooo cool! Look I just threw a car, sweeet!"

limpbizkit818
No one should play Halo and say "Oh awwwwwwesome! I killed an Alien!" nor should they say "Oh awwwwwwesome I ran over a person!" while playing GTA. Its all opinions!

Avatar image for DemonX_portugal
DemonX_portugal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#187 DemonX_portugal
Member since 2004 • 6030 Posts
The newest issue of OXM has a review for Crackdown and in it they said that it's main drawback is its lack of side missions. The 21 gang bosses and lieutenants can be beat in about 12 hours. After that, there's not much to do but scrounge for achievement points. "Are you paying 60 bones for Spartan testing time, or is Crackdown actually a worthy game on its own merits? The anser, it turns out, lies somewhere in between."
madcapper248
lol i was expecting a 8...
polsci1503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#188 polsci1503
Member since 2003 • 3246 Posts
I didn't really like the demo too much... and if the reviews aren't so hot I'll probably pass on this one...
The_One_White

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 The_One_White
Member since 2006 • 1417 Posts
Didn't get 9 or at least in the British one it did
MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 MickeyTheNinja
Member since 2007 • 3824 Posts
[QUOTE="MickeyTheNinja"][QUOTE="amapi"]

[QUOTE="MickeyTheNinja"]Crackdown is lame, people are paying 60$ for a Halo 3 beta, who is seriously hyped for Crackdown? No one should be atleast...amapi

I really don't think you quite grasp the definition of opinion. And instead of talking rubbish stating it like its fact...why don't you stop making yourself look like an immature little kid and grow up.

Because Crackdown sucks in my opinion and you suck in my opinion. Oh yeah Crackdown is lame and so is your post go buy the game and play the Halo 3 beta all night long. Cause that WILL be the first thing you put in your 360. Don't deny it. That right there is a fact.

Dude are you 12 years old or something? You're incredibly immature and your posts continue to make you look even more idiotic.

You've only just said its your "opinion" yet you never actually mentioned IMO or anything like that, I suck ? Grow up or do something I can't even argue or take you serious right now.

I'll be buying Crackdown for Crackdown. The Halo 3 beta is just a bonus for me, and that right there is a fact. You've got some serious issues...

You have no clue what a good game is if youre buying Crackdown. Get that supid lame game and play the Halo 3 beta, that is what youll be doing. Stop denying it, youll never play Crackdown. I bet when you heard about the Halo 3 beta with the game you were all like "Awwwesssoome now I need my mom to buy the game for me so I can play Halo 3 with all my friends on Xbox live" oh yeah and add a 10 year olds high pitched voice in there. God you suck....
MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 MickeyTheNinja
Member since 2007 • 3824 Posts
[QUOTE="MickeyTheNinja"][QUOTE="Kenshi_is_god"][QUOTE="MickeyTheNinja"]Whatever, Crackdown is lame, go spend 60$ for a Halo 3 beta.anime-2k3
exactly thank you for proving that you just got owned

Not even, Crackdown is the worst game ive ever played. It wouldnt sell if it wasnt for the Halo 3 beta.

If Crackdown is the worst game you ever played. You havn't played many games.

Or it means I don't play crappy games. I downloaded the game dispite the incedibly corny and kiddy gameplay videos I saw and how many people said it sucked. I wanted to try it out for myself and guess what, it was corny and everything thing looked kiddy (wow they have guns and blood, still looks like a cartoon) and the gameplay felt like GTA which was not good IMO. Leave GTA feeling gameplay to Rockstar.
gruntkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 gruntkiller1
Member since 2006 • 144 Posts
[QUOTE="JohnWinger"]

limpbizkit818

And how is that?

Especially considering OXM gave Gears (a Microsoft Game Studios game) a 10, and Gamespot gave it a 9.6 (I think it should have been at least a 9.8 if not 9.9!)

cuffyone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 cuffyone
Member since 2006 • 65 Posts
I liked the crackdown demo.And yeah it bites of off gta,just like halo bites of off every fps before it.Thats why we use the term genre to categorize game types.

Im going to buy crackdown and give the halo 3 beta away.Thats right i said it.I never cared for halo.But hey thats just my opinion.

I also think its kind of ridiculous to pay 60 bucks for a beta.Its like paying full theater admission just to watch a trailer.  
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 limpbizkit818
[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"][QUOTE="MickeyTheNinja"]

cvasquez311

Dude face it you play cheap, cash crop EA sports games. Get over it! It goes both ways. Because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone has to dislike it. Have you learned nothing from this thread!?
Spartan90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Spartan90
Member since 2004 • 1450 Posts
you cant be serious...this game cannot get a 7.0...its impossible, if it infact did though, idc...i love it...
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 limpbizkit818
[QUOTE="amapi"][QUOTE="MickeyTheNinja"][QUOTE="amapi"]

[QUOTE="MickeyTheNinja"]Crackdown is lame, people are paying 60$ for a Halo 3 beta, who is seriously hyped for Crackdown? No one should be atleast...MickeyTheNinja

I really don't think you quite grasp the definition of opinion. And instead of talking rubbish stating it like its fact...why don't you stop making yourself look like an immature little kid and grow up.

Because Crackdown sucks in my opinion and you suck in my opinion. Oh yeah Crackdown is lame and so is your post go buy the game and play the Halo 3 beta all night long. Cause that WILL be the first thing you put in your 360. Don't deny it. That right there is a fact.

Dude are you 12 years old or something? You're incredibly immature and your posts continue to make you look even more idiotic.

You've only just said its your "opinion" yet you never actually mentioned IMO or anything like that, I suck ? Grow up or do something I can't even argue or take you serious right now.

I'll be buying Crackdown for Crackdown. The Halo 3 beta is just a bonus for me, and that right there is a fact. You've got some serious issues...

You have no clue what a good game is if youre buying Crackdown. Get that supid lame game and play the Halo 3 beta, that is what youll be doing. Stop denying it, youll never play Crackdown. I bet when you heard about the Halo 3 beta with the game you were all like "Awwwesssoome now I need my mom to buy the game for me so I can play Halo 3 with all my friends on Xbox live" oh yeah and add a 10 year olds high pitched voice in there. God you suck....

I bet I didn't decide to buy the game for the Halo 3 beta. What next, you going to call me a lair? Your right, you know the reasons I am buying the game better then I do. BTW nice comeback, he calls you a kid and you call him one right back :lol:

Dlacy13g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Dlacy13g
Member since 2003 • 361 Posts

madcapper248

All I gotta ask is what issue are you refering to?  Because other than the OXM UK, there has been NO rating of this game.  I even went to the OXM forums and saw threads posted asking who would be reviewing this game...NOTHING, I REPEAT NOTHING...was posted that talked about a review they gave. 

Game rankings has 2 reviews posted up so far...

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/930144.asp

Avg ratio is ......90%.  9/10 from OXM UK, and 4.5 from GamePro who typically scores the 360 low imo.

So....I call bullocks on this supposed review of yours.   Proof...that is all I ask for.

gellis1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 gellis1981
Member since 2004 • 1197 Posts

JohnWinger

If that was the case..then we just suffered from 5 years of biased from GS towards the PS2..just face it, the 360 just has more and better titles than the PS3 and Wii..thats why there's more exposure for the 360. I loved the demo...what worries me about rating is.. was it the full game OXM played or the demo??..it's alittle too early to rate a game considering that the release date is over three weeks away.

maxpsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 maxpsp
Member since 2006 • 387 Posts
IMO even the achievements in Crackdown seem pretty simple to get based on the trailer I just watched. I still think it's a good game but maybe only worth a rental or even a used copy somewhere down the road.
maxpsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 maxpsp
Member since 2006 • 387 Posts
Didn't get 9 or at least in the British one it didThe_One_White
That's after the conversion rate, it's still a 7.0!!!