*ALL NXE/Fall Dashboard Discussion HERE* v. 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

istylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 istylee
Member since 2007 • 1117 Posts

Aw man i don't get it till 9.Pm tonight!

wel yeah for anyone else curious of when its out for yous check this out:

Fixed Time Release

This is from Majornelson.com as ray_dog_253 mentioned before me.

Liberator72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Liberator72
Member since 2005 • 218 Posts
For all those asking how long it will take, firstly it downloads a small update which is essntially the new dashboard. It's only 7mb so it takes litteraly a few seconds. Then your console will restart and download another larger update. The preview program update was approx 180mb but this could become larger if they add anything else to it tomorrow which I fully expect them to. Meaning all of us that are in the preview will probably have to apply another smaller update tomorrow too. Anyway, based on my connection, which is 15MB download speed, it took 4 mins 38 secs to download, apply and reboot to the intro screen. Yes I did time it just to see how long it took.
Post-Carnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 Post-Carnage
Member since 2008 • 174 Posts
Aw 4 am Central time. I was hoping for Midnight.
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts

Aw man i don't get it till 9.Pm tonight!

wel yeah for anyone else curious of when its out for yous check this out:

Fixed Time Release

This is from Majornelson.com as ray_dog_253 mentioned before me.

istylee

Thanks , I'll be getting it 1 : 00 PM ... Can't wait:D just when i get back home from collage i'll be experiencing NXE and post my first impressions.:)
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 XxSTILL_BORNxX
For all those asking how long it will take, firstly it downloads a small update which is essntially the new dashboard. It's only 7mb so it takes litteraly a few seconds. Then your console will restart and download another larger update. The preview program update was approx 180mb but this could become larger if they add anything else to it tomorrow which I fully expect them to. Meaning all of us that are in the preview will probably have to apply another smaller update tomorrow too. Anyway, based on my connection, which is 15MB download speed, it took 4 mins 38 secs to download, apply and reboot to the intro screen. Yes I did time it just to see how long it took.Liberator72

Well i have 512 K :P so i guess mine would be taking a while...
Liberator72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Liberator72
[QUOTE="Liberator72"]For all those asking how long it will take, firstly it downloads a small update which is essntially the new dashboard. It's only 7mb so it takes litteraly a few seconds. Then your console will restart and download another larger update. The preview program update was approx 180mb but this could become larger if they add anything else to it tomorrow which I fully expect them to. Meaning all of us that are in the preview will probably have to apply another smaller update tomorrow too. Anyway, based on my connection, which is 15MB download speed, it took 4 mins 38 secs to download, apply and reboot to the intro screen. Yes I did time it just to see how long it took.XxSTILL_BORNxX

WOW!!! 512k eh!!! That still exists????? Mobile phones are faster than that:P
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 XxSTILL_BORNxX
[QUOTE="XxSTILL_BORNxX"][QUOTE="Liberator72"]For all those asking how long it will take, firstly it downloads a small update which is essntially the new dashboard. It's only 7mb so it takes litteraly a few seconds. Then your console will restart and download another larger update. The preview program update was approx 180mb but this could become larger if they add anything else to it tomorrow which I fully expect them to. Meaning all of us that are in the preview will probably have to apply another smaller update tomorrow too. Anyway, based on my connection, which is 15MB download speed, it took 4 mins 38 secs to download, apply and reboot to the intro screen. Yes I did time it just to see how long it took.Liberator72

Well i live in kuwait , near dubai....so don't blame me:P and yes it still does;)
tnargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 tnargus
Member since 2008 • 475 Posts

[QUOTE="Liberator72"][QUOTE="XxSTILL_BORNxX"]

Well i have 512 K :P so i guess mine would be taking a while...XxSTILL_BORNxX

Well i live in kuwait , near dubai....so don't blame me:P and yes it still does;)

I'm on 1.5mb. In Australia. Australian broadband sucks however.

Liberator72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Liberator72
[QUOTE="Liberator72"][QUOTE="XxSTILL_BORNxX"]

Well i have 512 K :P so i guess mine would be taking a while...XxSTILL_BORNxX

Oh well, it may take some time for you then mate. With all the money in Kuwait you'd think they'd have a decent network structure over there
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 XxSTILL_BORNxX
[QUOTE="XxSTILL_BORNxX"][QUOTE="Liberator72"] WOW!!! 512k eh!!! That still exists????? Mobile phones are faster than that:PLiberator72

Oh well, it may take some time for you then mate. With all the money in Kuwait you'd think they'd have a decent network structure over there

Yeah , before the summer vacation we reached 2MB ... hopefully we could be getting higher like where your living. -____-
grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#61 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts

tnargus- I felt the people should know the truth.

so did anyone try 8 way chat yet? is it good?

EchoSixAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 EchoSixAlpha
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Strange. I just spoke to a supervisor over @ XBL and she said that the update would be going live for all regions @ 12:00AM Midnight CST.

Further to that, she told me that if I performed a Gamertag Recovery in the two / three hours prior to availability, the NXE Update would automatically push. If this is true, it's only about 15 more minutes as of the writing of this post (10PM EST, 18th Nov).

I don't know if she was feeding me BS but I'm gonna give it a whirl. If anyone else manages to get it to push, post and let us all know.

J.

Bloodbath_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 Bloodbath_87
Member since 2008 • 7586 Posts
Looking forward to 5 AM. I just hope it comes out at the right time and isn't delayed like most things are with XBL.
Liberator72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Liberator72

Whoops

EchoSixAlpha
Yeah I saw what you wrote. How come you took it down so quick:P
DoMiNiC147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 DoMiNiC147
Member since 2008 • 984 Posts
I heard their having major problem. Now I'm scared my xbox is going to brick out on me.
EchoSixAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 EchoSixAlpha
[QUOTE="EchoSixAlpha"]

Whoops

Liberator72

Yeah I saw what you wrote. How come you took it down so quick:P

To say i'm a little tired is a massive understatement - She actually said 12 midnight, not 1.. my bad. Gonna give 'er a go in a couple minutes.

No idea in hell why I'm i'm so psyched for this stupid update. Ah well.

Hopkins_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Hopkins_J
Member since 2007 • 2030 Posts
[QUOTE="Hopkins_J"]For those who downloaded it from the internet, it asks to update, but always get's an error message. Weird.Liberator72
Because you got the bootleg copy it wants to update but cant because you got the bootleg copy. Not rocket science. You'll be ok tomorrow

Why are you so sure that I'll be ok? What if the error message is still there tomorrow? I guess I'll just have to download it off of Xbox.com if that were to happen.
EchoSixAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 EchoSixAlpha

I heard their having major problem. Now I'm scared my xbox is going to brick out on me.DoMiNiC147

I really doubt this update has the ability to brick your 360. You probably didn't realize that most of the update is already *in* your machine, this is just the final piece of code / setup to fire this little mammajamma up.

If they're going to have any issues at all, it'll be with distributing server load, hence why I asked that supervisor for a way to do this before general availability. Live's servers are gonna get RAPED.

grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 grafkhun

I heard their having major problem. Now I'm scared my xbox is going to brick out on me.DoMiNiC147

don't worry a bricked 360 is actually not the end of the world, life still goes on.

Liberator72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Liberator72
[QUOTE="Liberator72"][QUOTE="Hopkins_J"]For those who downloaded it from the internet, it asks to update, but always get's an error message. Weird.Hopkins_J
Because you got the bootleg copy it wants to update but cant because you got the bootleg copy. Not rocket science. You'll be ok tomorrow

Why are you so sure that I'll be ok? What if the error message is still there tomorrow? I guess I'll just have to download it off of Xbox Live if that were to happen.

I'm sure because I'm in the preview legit and I got the email from Microsoft saying, if you transfer the update to a console without its ID registered in the preview program then you will not be able to connect to live until the 19th. Basically, if you get the update whenyou're not supposed to, live will be suspended until you're supposed to have it.
Liberator72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Liberator72

[QUOTE="DoMiNiC147"]I heard their having major problem. Now I'm scared my xbox is going to brick out on me.EchoSixAlpha

I really doubt this update has the ability to brick your 360. You probably didn't realize that most of the update is already *in* your machine, this is just the final piece of code / setup to fire this little mammajamma up.

If they're going to have any issues at all, it'll be with distributing server load, hence why I asked that supervisor for a way to do this before general availability. Live's servers are gonna get RAPED.

I doubt it very much. People allaround the world are not gonna be downloading this update all at exactly the same time. For instance, it will be at 10am GMT its gonna be 2am PST. Everyone in different time zones are gonna be doing different things. Besides its not that big a download. It approx 180mb thats all. Microsofts servers can handle that. They have more hotmail/MSN messenger users than live users and they seem to cope quite well. And they have performed maintenance this week already in anticipation for it all so we'll all be ok
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
guys go to sleep. Im sure many here once the update is done will drop right on their pillow when they to go create an avatar.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
Do we have any idea when the update will be available? Microsoft shot themselves in the foot saying that the update would download when you log into live on the 19th eh? Why send that message to everyone knowing it's kinda inaccurate? I've logged in plenty of times and it aint downloadin'. :P
Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts
Just saw this and thought it was pretty lame;

http://blog.netflix.com/2008/11/titles-available-to-watch-instantly.html

"Hello. Steve Swasey, here, Catherine Fisher's colleague in Corporate Communications. Following up on Catherine's post, a comment on title availability to watch instantly:

As watching instantly becomes a more prominent part of the Netflix service, our goal is to have all of our streaming content licensed for all of our partner devices. We're doing well in this area, but it will take some time before we fully achieve that goal. Today, titles regularly come in and out of license and there is a natural ebb and flow to what we have on license at any given point in time. In the case of Xbox 360, a few hundred titles are temporarily unavailable to be streamed via the Xbox game console. Those titles are still available to be watched on subscribers' computers and on TVs via other partner devices, and we hope they'll be licensed for Xbox 360 shortly."

Seriously, a few hundred titles will not be available? It's not like Netflix has a lot of available streaming content as it is... I have 115 movies in my queue and 15 of them are available for streaming. You think they would have sorted this out by now.

This was the one thing that had me excited about the update... now I'm more than a little disappointed.

nhlkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#75 nhlkiller
Member since 2004 • 1380 Posts
guys go to sleep. Im sure many here once the update is done will drop right on their pillow when they to go create an avatar.Tjeremiah1988

Well said
grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 grafkhun
decipticondevil- sony owns Columbia Pictures, all of those movies that are most likely pulled are under Col. Pics., business is business.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts

[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"]guys go to sleep. Im sure many here once the update is done will drop right on their pillow when they to go create an avatar.nhlkiller

Well said

LOL, I just noticed my error, oh well.

grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 grafkhun

[QUOTE="nhlkiller"][QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"]guys go to sleep. Im sure many here once the update is done will drop right on their pillow when they to go create an avatar.Tjeremiah1988

Well said

LOL, I just noticed my error, oh well.

you never heard of passive creation? when one sleeps it is said that one can still create an avatar while slumbering.

AnimeNewtype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 AnimeNewtype
Member since 2005 • 629 Posts
If LIVE does crash tomorrow, I want Banjo-Kazooie for free. Undertow sucked.
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 decepticondevil

decipticondevil- sony owns Columbia Pictures, all of those movies that are most likely pulled are under Col. Pics., business is business.grafkhun

That makes sense, but they should have told us up front that a portion of Netflix's streaming content would be available, or even most of it. I haven't read anything up until this point saying that the Xbox 360 Netflix experience would be any less than those that have the Netflix boxes connected to their TV's. Maybe that's partially my fault for not having dug deep enough, but it still kinda irks me.

tnargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 tnargus

Strange. I just spoke to a supervisor over @ XBL and she said that the update would be going live for all regions @ 12:00AM Midnight CST.

Further to that, she told me that if I performed a Gamertag Recovery in the two / three hours prior to availability, the NXE Update would automatically push. If this is true, it's only about 15 more minutes as of the writing of this post (10PM EST, 18th Nov).

I don't know if she was feeding me BS but I'm gonna give it a whirl. If anyone else manages to get it to push, post and let us all know.

J.

EchoSixAlpha

So how'd you go? Any luck with that? If so i should be able to update when i get home, rather than wait another 4 hrs.

grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 grafkhun

[QUOTE="grafkhun"]decipticondevil- sony owns Columbia Pictures, all of those movies that are most likely pulled are under Col. Pics., business is business.decepticondevil

That makes sense, but they should have told us up front that a portion of Netflix's streaming content would be available, or even most of it. I haven't read anything up until this point saying that the Xbox 360 Netflix experience would be any less than those that have the Netflix boxes connected to their TV's. Maybe that's partially my fault for not having dug deep enough, but it still kinda irks me.

I'm totally with you. Although I'm not a neflixer and don't plan on using it, it is total bollucks that this last minute pulling of content is occuring. Microsoft, as you said, didn't mention netflix on 360 will be any different than regular netflix services.

decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 decepticondevil
[QUOTE="EchoSixAlpha"]

J.

tnargus

So how'd you go? Any luck with that? If so i should be able to update when i get home, rather than wait another 4 hrs.

I just tried the recover gamertag thing and it didn't work.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

just incase anybody is wondering..they are now 30 XNA titles up for download on NXE

wagepeace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 wagepeace
Member since 2007 • 885 Posts

Aw 4 am Central time. I was hoping for Midnight.Post-Carnage

*sigh* me too... meeee too.

EricCartmanSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 EricCartmanSP
Member since 2008 • 167 Posts
Who here has any proof that this update is coming out at a certain time? The best argument I have heard is from the guy who said that its coming out at Midnight b/c he actually said he heard if from someone offical. Everyone else just says so and believes. So I guess well just find out when it actually happens.
tnargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 tnargus

Who here has any proof that this update is coming out at a certain time? The best argument I have heard is from the guy who said that its coming out at Midnight b/c he actually said he heard if from someone offical. Everyone else just says so and believes. So I guess well just find out when it actually happens.EricCartmanSP

"We'll START deploying at 0200 PT. Not everyone will get it right away though."

That's a direct quote from MajorNelson.com

Good enough proof?

reubendarosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 reubendarosa
Member since 2005 • 2727 Posts
Installing games to the HDD really is my favorite feature. I think a lot of people will agree with me once they get their NXE.
tnargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 tnargus

Installing games to the HDD really is my favorite feature. I think a lot of people will agree with me once they get their NXE.reubendarosa

I agree, it's a bloody good feature. Installed all my games last night (love my big HDD). That, the new party system and the redesigned Guide are the best parts

EDIT: Attention people who have the Preview Beta. Here's a message from Major Nelson:

"If you were in the preview program, you need to delete the Photo Party app...as a new one will be available in a few hours. To delete Photo Party: Go to System Settings->Memory->Hard Drive or MU->Games. Highlight Photo Party and hit Y. Select Delete."

Gee it sounds good when he says "a few hours", not 3 months or whatever :D

D3ADMaggot911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 D3ADMaggot911
Member since 2007 • 880 Posts

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/

Just Keep Refreshing that page above 

D3ADMaggot911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 D3ADMaggot911

Installing games to the HDD really is my favorite feature. I think a lot of people will agree with me once they get their NXE.reubendarosa

Yeah man! .. I have posted this "idea" along time ago but ill say it again ..

Say you have a Scratched disc that will not let you play a certain map or level 

Just Install a friend's Copy and use your scratched disk to prove owner ship simple as that!

this is why im happy about the Installing Games to the HDD

decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 decepticondevil

[QUOTE="EricCartmanSP"]Who here has any proof that this update is coming out at a certain time? The best argument I have heard is from the guy who said that its coming out at Midnight b/c he actually said he heard if from someone offical. Everyone else just says so and believes. So I guess well just find out when it actually happens.tnargus

"We'll START deploying at 0200 PT. Not everyone will get it right away though."

That's a direct quote from MajorNelson.com

Good enough proof?

Where does it say that? I'm not saying you're lying, I just don't see it... just something about Rock Band tracks and a post about people getting the preview which says "It's almost here". Is it buried in the comments somewhere? Maybe it's my lack of sleep.

tnargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 tnargus

[QUOTE="reubendarosa"]Installing games to the HDD really is my favorite feature. I think a lot of people will agree with me once they get their NXE.D3ADMaggot911

Yeah man! .. I have posted this "idea" along time ago but ill say it again ..

Say you have a Scratched disc that will not let you play a certain map or level 

Just Install a friend's Copy and use your disk to prove owner ship simple as that!

this is why im happy about the Installing Games to the HDD

Yeah that's an excellent idea. My games are all in good condition though. Well, actually it did hiccup on Halo 3 last night. I just gave it a clean and it was fine after that. And yep, still refreshing the Marketplace.

All us NXE people should meet up in 8 player party chat one day and have a proper chat, rather than just text on screen chat :D

Iceburn10570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Iceburn10570
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Its 12:10am... Know where your NXE is?

Mine's not here!

ANIMAL7296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 ANIMAL7296
Not here either :(
onthe_dl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 onthe_dl
Member since 2006 • 695 Posts

i keep turning on my system every five minutes to see if it's there.

oh well it'll probably be there when i wake up

Mario2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#97 Mario2007
Member since 2005 • 2520 Posts

Mine's not here!

Iceburn10570
I'd wait till Pacific Time. It's still 9:00 over here.
D3ADMaggot911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 D3ADMaggot911
So its 2 or 5 hours away and im just gonna leave it at that.
Iceburn10570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Iceburn10570
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="Iceburn10570"]

Mine's not here!

Mario2007

I'd wait till Pacific Time. It's still 9:00 over here.

AHHHHHH CAN'T W AIT!!!!!!!!

So its 5am here?  How sad

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#100 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

So its 12:15AM EST -- what time is it expected to be available to download?

I don't want to stay up at night but usually I'm up till 1:30am -- so if I'm up I'll download it.