*ALL NXE/Fall Dashboard Discussion HERE* v. 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 0

#1 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts

From henriktx's original post in the first NXE thread:

Pics

The Release DATE

November 19, 2008

Pictures of Themes and Friends in the New Update

Leaked Video of the New Update

PAX '08 Demo

Good Video of Avatars

The New Features

· Play from hard drive. Copy your games from the game disc and play directly from the hard drive. Not only will the drive not spin, but load times are quicker, as well. Of course, you will still need the disc in the tray to prove you own the game.

· Access Xbox LIVE Marketplace on the Web. Browse and purchase Marketplace content whenever you want from Xbox.com and it downloads automatically to your console. Purchase that new map, television episode, the latest Xbox LIVE Arcade game or set up a movie to watch when you get home from work.

· Dashboard built into the new Xbox Guide. For everyone who loves the blades interface, it's not going away; they are now built directly in to the new Xbox guide. Every feature and option is available right from the guide. You can even access your full games library at all times. No matter where you are (in dash or in game), immediately call up your games played list and directly launch a game.

· LIVE Party system. Create a party of up to eight friends, and stay with them from one game to another, or watch a Netflix movie together, or share a slideshow of your personal photos. It works with all Xbox 360 titles, not just upcoming games. LIVE Party allows up to eight people to chat in the dashboard, so you can meet up before playing.

· Xbox LIVE Primetime. This whole new category of games is going to give you more reasons to get online with your friends. Games will support everything you'd expect, like Achievements and leader boards, but many of these games will include real prizes. You can invite your friends, and even set a reminder for an upcoming show. Each game is broadcast simultaneously, so everyone is answering the same questions. Many events will have a live host, calling the shots as they happen.

· Avatars. Your online identity started as a Gamertag - it then grew into a personalized Gamercard. Now, it has evolved even further into avatars. You can express your self, check out new outfits and share this with the community. Avatars will also be integrated into Xbox LIVE Arcade games, LIVE Party, as well as retail games.

During microsoft's recent Gamefest event, Xbox Live GM Eric Kilgore confirmed that developers will be able to incorporate the new Xbox Live Avatars into their games. Be that as it may, Kilgore stressed that at first, only games rated E10+ will be able to make use of the Avatars.

"We are still developing the final policies," said Kilgore. "The final guide we have this year is to think of them in an 'E10' context. That doesn't mean it won't change – but this Fall they won't be able to blow each other's heads off."

Kilgore also revealed that in-game Avatars can either be full 3D models or 2D images, although dialogue between Microsoft and game developers is still in the early stages. Kilgore also conceded that Microsoft has yet to fully flesh out other aspects of the new system such as how to handle multiple Avatars.- Thanks hrah

Achievements can also unlock you new clothing.

They Are OPTIONAL!- If you would like you may still use the gamerpics that you have already purchased.

· New display support. Because you asked for it, we are adding 16X10 over VGA or HDMI, and support for 1440x900 or 1680x1050.

·Your Themes & Gamerpics Will Work! They will be integrated in the new update. Themes will work as usual and gamerpics are like your public gamerpics that you have now.

·This update will be free. via Xbox Live or Xbox.com.

· And no the new layout is not optional.

· Hurray!!- You can delete any game in your played games profile as long as it has 0 gamerscor

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
what the hell just happened :?
Mario2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Mario2007
Member since 2005 • 2520 Posts
First page. Can't wait to get the update! What time is going up Pacific time?
Justinge3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Justinge3
Member since 2008 • 2506 Posts

Can you have an avatar and a gamerpic at the same time?

Seriously, I paid money for me izzy sparks gamepic, I really want an avatar too.

henriktx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 henriktx
Member since 2004 • 1445 Posts
Dont understand why mine got locked but i appreciate you putting credit in there :D. But anyways any one get some major lag after installing the preview for the new xbox experience? Because I can not play Gears of War 2 with this lag. My shotgun lags like 10 seconds and Ive had perfect connections before and I do have a reliable ISP. So anyone get a new experience with lag? Haha i made a pun :P
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FirstDiscovery
Member since 2008 • 5508 Posts
When do we get it in the UK?
dautreguy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 dautreguy88
Member since 2004 • 804 Posts

First page. Can't wait to get the update! What time is going up Pacific time? Mario2007

yea i wanna kno the same thing but eastern time

grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#8 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts
vart is tis! why was the old one locked and deleted?
Alizerothree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#9 Alizerothree
Member since 2008 • 1043 Posts
I'm gonna make a Rick James avatar!
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts

Can you have an avatar and a gamerpic at the same time?

Seriously, I paid money for me izzy sparks gamepic, I really want an avatar too.

Justinge3
Yes, you can.
Avatar image for ChampionoChumps
ChampionoChumps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ChampionoChumps
Member since 2008 • 2381 Posts
12 more hours till it comes out here.
Avatar image for ChampionoChumps
ChampionoChumps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ChampionoChumps
Member since 2008 • 2381 Posts

[QUOTE="Mario2007"]First page. Can't wait to get the update! What time is going up Pacific time? dautreguy88

5:00 AM Eastern time 

MJPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MJPK
Member since 2006 • 3360 Posts

"· Access Xbox LIVE Marketplace on the Web. Browse and purchase Marketplace content whenever you want from Xbox.com and it downloads automatically to your console. Purchase that new map, television episode, the latest Xbox LIVE Arcade game or set up a movie to watch when you get home from work."

I'm was wondering how this will work.Does your xbox have to be on to download?

joshllama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 joshllama
Member since 2006 • 160 Posts

5:00am!?!?! hot dang. now i know when to start baking cookies, watchin movies, im definatly pullin an all-nighter8)

FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FirstDiscovery
Member since 2008 • 5508 Posts
Anyone have it in the UK?
GranmastaZoSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GranmastaZoSo
Member since 2008 • 257 Posts
[QUOTE="dautreguy88"]

[QUOTE="Mario2007"]First page. Can't wait to get the update! What time is going up Pacific time? ChampionoChumps

5:00 AM Eastern time 

so its 5:00 am on the Pacific side too? or is it 2:00 am?

srry im really dazed and confused from all the excitemnt

____ __ _ _ __ _ _ __ _ __ _ _ __ _ ___ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts

"· Access Xbox LIVE Marketplace on the Web. Browse and purchase Marketplace content whenever you want from Xbox.com and it downloads automatically to your console. Purchase that new map, television episode, the latest Xbox LIVE Arcade game or set up a movie to watch when you get home from work."

MJPK
It'll work exactly like downloading things on Bungie.net does in Halo 3. You go on xbox.com and queue all the things you want to download, and next time you log into xbox live, they will begin.
MJPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MJPK
Member since 2006 • 3360 Posts
[QUOTE="MJPK"]

II-FBIsniper-II

It'll work exactly like downloading things on Bungie.net does in Halo 3. You go on xbox.com and queue all the things you want to download, and next time you log into xbox live, they will begin.

Thanks for answering

henriktx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 henriktx
Member since 2004 • 1445 Posts

vart is tis! why was the old one locked and deleted? grafkhun

I have the same questions :P

tnargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tnargus
Member since 2008 • 475 Posts

vart is tis! why was the old one locked and deleted? grafkhun

Vot iz this dizgusting rodent ov a vread!! It muzt be terminated!! Squished and squelched!

Sorry, you sounded like the Grand High Witch from Roald Dahl's book :D

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
OK posting this for people asking about the UK release time, its 10AM, however i don't really see why people are so excited by this, personally i would rather keep the one i have now.
tnargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tnargus

OK posting this for people asking about the UK release time, its 10AM, however i don't really see why people are so excited by this, personally i would rather keep the one i have now.spike6958

And that's why you'll always be known as Mr Douchey Douche.

Sorry, too much coffee too early :)

Liberator72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Liberator72
Member since 2005 • 218 Posts
Dont understand why mine got locked but i appreciate you putting credit in there :D. But anyways any one get some major lag after installing the preview for the new xbox experience? Because I can not play Gears of War 2 with this lag. My shotgun lags like 10 seconds and Ive had perfect connections before and I do have a reliable ISP. So anyone get a new experience with lag? Haha i made a pun :Phenriktx
Yeah I think I mentioned this earlier in your old thread. BTW what the hell happened to that? Anyway, I've had terrible lag playing COD4 since updating. Private chat and Video chat don't work with anyone not using the new dashboard either. I think its just a problem between the 2 different versions of the dashboard, maybe we are going through different servers or something I'm not sure. Hopefully it will all re sorted tomorrow when everyone has it. And before anyone says it's my connection, I have 15MB cable broadband, with an upload speed of over 1.5 MB. It's always been stable, my router is configured and my NAT is open. Before the update I never had problems finding or hosting games.
tnargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tnargus

[QUOTE="henriktx"]Dont understand why mine got locked but i appreciate you putting credit in there :D. But anyways any one get some major lag after installing the preview for the new xbox experience? Because I can not play Gears of War 2 with this lag. My shotgun lags like 10 seconds and Ive had perfect connections before and I do have a reliable ISP. So anyone get a new experience with lag? Haha i made a pun :PLiberator72
Yeah I think I mentioned this earlier in your old thread. BTW what the hell happened to that? Anyway, I've had terrible lag playing COD4 since updating. Private chat and Video chat don't work with anyone not using the new dashboard either. I think its just a problem between the 2 different versions of the dashboard, maybe we are going through different servers or something I'm not sure. Hopefully it will all re sorted tomorrow when everyone has it. And before anyone says it's my connection, I have 15MB cable broadband, with an upload speed of over 1.5 MB. It's always been stable, my router is configured and my NAT is open. Before the update I never had problems finding or hosting games.

Yeah unfortunately i think there are going to be some transition issues. I'm not sure about the crush when everyone is trying to download, but things like lag, incompatibilities, program errors, i tink it'll all happen for about a week.

him42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 him42
Member since 2004 • 6811 Posts
Does anybody have a source confirming that the update will be available at 2am PST?
tnargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tnargus

Does anybody have a source confirming that the update will be available at 2am PST?him42

My Mum.

Paynee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Paynee
Member since 2008 • 851 Posts

I'm looking forward to this. Never thought I'd say that since I've never really felt hyped about it.

But, now that I know it's coming, I can't wait!

...I hope they have a good selection of shoes. :P

Alizerothree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Alizerothree

Does anybody have a source confirming that the update will be available at 2am PST?him42

Hopkins_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Hopkins_J
Member since 2007 • 2030 Posts
For those who downloaded it from the internet, it asks to update, but always get's an error message. Weird.
Liberator72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Liberator72

[QUOTE="Liberator72"][QUOTE="henriktx"]Dont understand why mine got locked but i appreciate you putting credit in there :D. But anyways any one get some major lag after installing the preview for the new xbox experience? Because I can not play Gears of War 2 with this lag. My shotgun lags like 10 seconds and Ive had perfect connections before and I do have a reliable ISP. So anyone get a new experience with lag? Haha i made a pun :Ptnargus

Yeah unfortunately i think there are going to be some transition issues. I'm not sure about the crush when everyone is trying to download, but things like lag, incompatibilities, program errors, i tink it'll all happen for about a week.

Not sure it will take a week but I agree to an extent. They've been upgrading the servers for quite some time now in anticipation for this
dwarfwasonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dwarfwasonfire
Member since 2005 • 377 Posts
To anybody that got the NXE early and has a 1680x1050 monitor. Does it stretch the picture? And do the games have black bars?
grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#34 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts

[QUOTE="grafkhun"]vart is tis! why was the old one locked and deleted? tnargus

Vot iz this dizgusting rodent ov a vread!! It muzt be terminated!! Squished and squelched!

you sound like a 3 year old midget girl with pigtails and buckteeth... I also have picture proof :P 

umm, so yeah, NXE hope XBL doesn't explode.

Liberator72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Liberator72
For those who downloaded it from the internet, it asks to update, but always get's an error message. Weird.Hopkins_J
Because you got the bootleg copy it wants to update but cant because you got the bootleg copy. Not rocket science. You'll be ok tomorrow
ray_dog_253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 ray_dog_253
Member since 2006 • 323 Posts
[

Go to majornelson.com he has all times on his lil twitter thing. and yes it's 2:00 am pst.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
so how does everyone like it so far?
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts
Well how long does it take to update? an hour? 5 minutes? its just like a regular update? .... other then that , i can't wait! :D
tnargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tnargus
[QUOTE="tnargus"]

[QUOTE="grafkhun"] [QUOTE="grafkhun"][QUOTE="tnargus"]

[QUOTE="grafkhun"]vart is tis! why was the old one locked and deleted? grafkhun

you sound like a 3 year old midget girl with pigtails and buckteeth... I also have picture proof :P 

umm, so yeah, NXE hope XBL doesn't explode.

All these years i've been hiding it, and you just go and THROW it out there. Damn you.

XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 XxSTILL_BORNxX
so how does everyone like it so far?Tjeremiah1988

I'll post my impressions once i have my hands on it , but i could tell that im really going to love it because i already fall in love with the new update when it was shown on E3.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Tjeremiah1988

Well how long does it take to update? an hour? 5 minutes? its just like a regular update? .... other then that , i can't wait! :DXxSTILL_BORNxX

no more than 3

XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 XxSTILL_BORNxX

[QUOTE="XxSTILL_BORNxX"]Well how long does it take to update? an hour? 5 minutes? its just like a regular update? .... other then that , i can't wait! :DTjeremiah1988

no more than 3

Hmm thats great to hear.:D thanks.
Alizerothree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Alizerothree
3 hours or 3 minutes?
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 XxSTILL_BORNxX
3 hours or 3 minutes?Alizerothree

I Think he means 3 minutes , but does it depend on your connection or it'll update for anyone the same? .... its safe to say that we could only wait and see.
Alizerothree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Alizerothree

Cool thanks! Hey one more question. If you are playing online when the update hits, will it boot you off or will it prompt you to update on the next reboot?

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Tjeremiah1988
its a very small update, really.
tnargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tnargus

I think it's safe to say it's only a FEW minutes as a ballpark figure. The size is just over 100MB, so work it out based on your connect speed and experience.

So the release time is 2am PST. What city does PST relate to? Just so i can work it out based on my location.

EDIT: Here is a good resource. Tells you Pacific time and your time together: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/pacific-time/
dillon3692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dillon3692
Member since 2007 • 50 Posts
what time on the east coast?
tnargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 tnargus

what time on the east coast?dillon3692

Check the link i posted.

EDIT: Here's some Netflix info for those interested - http://blog.netflix.com/2008/11/titles-available-to-watch-instantly.html
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts

2 AM Pacific Time

4 AM Central Time

5 AM Eastern Time