WWE WrestleMania XXIV - March 30, 2008 (October 2, 2008 on MyNetwork TV)

-The_Chris-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 -The_Chris-
Member since 2007 • 1923 Posts
In the battle royal im guessing there will probably be atleast 1 surprise entrant, anyone else hoping for an RVD return to take the ECW title back.SAVE_US_KYJ
Yeah, there will probably be a surprise entrant. I'm hoping for Matt Hardy
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#152 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

[QUOTE="SAVE_US_KYJ"]In the battle royal im guessing there will probably be atleast 1 surprise entrant, anyone else hoping for an RVD return to take the ECW title back.-The_Chris-

If RVD were to come back and win the ECW title, it would have to be for an extremely short term run, because RVD isn't making a full-time return anytime soon as far as I can tell.

Not to mention, if RVD were to make a surprise return at Mania, I'd be surprised if WWE wouldn't get his undefeated streak at Mania off the books.

I would like to see WWE pull out some surprises for the Battle Royal, definately. I'd also wager that there will be a surprise entrant in MITB. Seven is an odd number. With Jeff Hardy being the guy you've gotta replace and it being the match MVP has at Mania, that would seem to be an ideal situation to bring back Matt.

I'm rather curious to see if a "We want Jeff" chant will start up with the MITB match. Suspension or no, he was the selling point to that match. If it were an MSG show or another (comparitively) smaller, "smarter" crowd, I'd say that would probably be a guarantee. With the larger crowd, I'm curious to see if that chant gains momentum, cause I'm sure its going to be on some people's minds.

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts
The Baltimore Sun has a Q&A article up featuring Shawn Michaels talking about his WrestleMania match with Ric Flair. Check out the full article here.
JC346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#154 JC346
Member since 2007 • 4886 Posts

[QUOTE="-The_Chris-"][QUOTE="SAVE_US_KYJ"]In the battle royal im guessing there will probably be atleast 1 surprise entrant, anyone else hoping for an RVD return to take the ECW title back.The_Dude14

If RVD were to come back and win the ECW title, it would have to be for an extremely short term run, because RVD isn't making a full-time return anytime soon as far as I can tell.

Not to mention, if RVD were to make a surprise return at Mania, I'd be surprised if WWE wouldn't get his undefeated streak at Mania off the books.

I would like to see WWE pull out some surprises for the Battle Royal, definately. I'd also wager that there will be a surprise entrant in MITB. Seven is an odd number. With Jeff Hardy being the guy you've gotta replace and it being the match MVP has at Mania, that would seem to be an ideal situation to bring back Matt.

I'm rather curious to see if a "We want Jeff" chant will start up with the MITB match. Suspension or no, he was the selling point to that match. If it were an MSG show or another (comparitively) smaller, "smarter" crowd, I'd say that would probably be a guarantee. With the larger crowd, I'm curious to see if that chant gains momentum, cause I'm sure its going to be on some people's minds.

I'll be sure to start that chant. ;)
Dark_Hylian8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Dark_Hylian8
Member since 2005 • 6711 Posts

Couple things:

I live in Colorado, and I saw a commercial advertizing Wrestlemania 24 will be shown at some bar (i think it may be either Hooters or something) Anyway, it also said Bobby Lashley will make an appearance there as well. I might show up, doubt it though.

Random Thought- Wrestlemania is outside. What will hold up the MITB Briefcase?

Back quite a few pages i saw someone say that Jeff Hardy hasnt won a ladder match since Edge/Christian.
Didnt he beat Carlito at Raw XV?

Anyone know what kind of match Mayweather/Show is? Wrestling is the most obvious guess, but who knows. Looks like a good card though. shame Jeff is out. I saw somewhere that he could have wrestled at the event despite his suspension. Can't show you where though, i forgot.

My Predictions:

Triple Threat Match: Triple H
WHC: Undertaker
MITB: Kennedy or Jericho (run in by Matt)
Show/Mayweather: Show
Raw vs SD: Batista by DQ
ECW: (Winner of Royal is Kane) Kane
BunnyMania: Ugh, probably the Bunnys
JBL/Finlay: JBL needs a win.
Flair/HBK: HBK

wwe4ever_in05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#156 wwe4ever_in05
Member since 2005 • 5173 Posts

All I'm going to say is, If this Wrestlemania stinks, then I may never buy another Wrestlemania a-gain.

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Link256

All I'm going to say is, If this Wrestlemania stinks, then I may never buy another Wrestlemania a-gain.

wwe4ever_in05

Even if that is the case, which I do not think it will be, what would make this WrestleMania different from the rest? I mean, God knows there have been plenty of WrestleMania events in the "stinker" range...

wwe4ever_in05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 wwe4ever_in05

My Predictions

Triple H Vs. Randy Orton Vs. John Cena, Winner: Triple H
Edge Vs. The Undertaker, Winner: The Undertaker
ECW 24 Man Battle Royal, Winner: Kane, Winner Vs. Chavo, Winner: Chavo
JBL Vs. Finlay, Winner: Finlay
Big Show Vs. Mayweather, Winner: Big Show
MITB Ladder Match, Winner: Mr. Kenndey..........Kenndey
Batista Vs. Umaga, Winner: Double DQ
Ric Flair Vs. Shawn Micheals, Winner: Shawn Micheals
Bunnymania Lumberjack Match, Ashley and Maria Vs. Beth Phoenix and Melina, Winner: Beth Phoenix and Melina

-The_Chris-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 -The_Chris-
Member since 2007 • 1923 Posts
My Preds

Triple H Vs. Randy Orton Vs. John Cena: John Cena
Edge Vs. The Undertaker: The Undertaker
24 Man Battle Royal: Jobber #4
Winner Vs. Chavo: Chavo
JBL Vs. Finlay: When was this match added to the card?
Big Show Vs. Mayweather: Maywaether, faces always win right? :roll:
MITB Ladder Match: John Morrison or a surprise entrant
Batista Vs. Umaga: Batista
Ric Flair Vs. Shawn Micheals: Shawn Micheals
Bunnymania Lumberjack Match, Ashley and Maria Vs. Beth Phoenix and Melina: Who cares?

LEGOslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#160 LEGOslayer
Member since 2006 • 7664 Posts

My Predictions

Triple H Vs. Randy Orton Vs. John Cena: Randy Orton

Edge Vs. Undertaker:Undertaker

ECW 24 Man Battle Royal: Kane

JBL Vs. Finlay: Finlay via Horny interference

Big Show Vs. Mayweather: Big Show

MITB Ladder Match: Jericho

Bunnymania Lumberjack Match, Ashley and Maria Vs. Beth Phoenix and Melina: Ashley and Maria

smokingsbad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 smokingsbad
Member since 2004 • 38455 Posts

My Predictions

Triple H Vs. Randy Orton Vs. John Cena: Randy Orton

Edge Vs. Undertaker:Undertaker

ECW 24 Man Battle Royal: Kane

JBL Vs. Finlay: Finlay via Horny interference

Big Show Vs. Mayweather: Big Show

MITB Ladder Match: Jericho

Bunnymania Lumberjack Match, Ashley and Maria Vs. Beth Phoenix and Melina: Ashley and Maria

LEGOslayer

i think everything you said was right but i think mayweather will win, and ric flair wil win MAYBE
SeriousThreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 SeriousThreat
Member since 2004 • 1642 Posts

I'll go head and post my predictions.. winners bolded.

WWE Title: Randy Orton vs. John Cena vs. Triple H Honestly, if I was WWE, I would have Orton retain the title here. Hes worked his ass off and had a great run as champ. Giving him this win would be much more beneficial than Cena and H. Cena and HHH wont gain half as much as Orton would by winning this match. Let him lose it at Backlash. IMO, if Orton won, he would surpass Edge as WWE's biggest heel. But, theres no doubt about it, HHH is gonna take this one. Lame. Cena I think also has a decent chance of winning.. but im gonna go with HHH.

WHC: Edge vs. Undertaker If there was ever a time to end this streak, its now. But I really dont think WWE is gonna have the streak end. Taker will most likely go undefeated forever at Mania. This match had crappy crappy build imo, but has the potential to be a great match.

Big Show vs. Mayweather Did WWE ever even say what type of match this is? Either way, I see some kind of a no contest or Mayweather winning as the "underdog." Hell, I have no idea whats gonna happen.

Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels Im on the fence about this one, but im gonna go with HBK. I thought WWE would have used a younger guy to end Ric's career, but this match will be full of emotion and energy. These two are gonna give it their all, and even with Flair being 86 years old, I can see this being MOTN.

MITB: Winner: CM Punk The only other guys I can see winning this are Kennedy or Jericho. We all know it, Punk has done all he can on ECW. Hes beaten everyone, and hes ready for Smackdown or Raw. ECW basically revolves around Punk, but they cant do much more with him there. Punk is extremely solid and over, hes ready for the big leagues. Winning this match will give him the credibility to face a champ from the other two shows, and he can have time to be built there.

Batista (Smackdown) vs. Umaga (Raw) : Non finish/some sort of DQ. Feud is supposed to continue over to Smackdown. This can be a good match if given the proper time etc., I can also see some kind of Raw vs Smackdown locker room emptying thing where they all brawl.

Belfast Brawl Finlay vs JBL Eh, this match can be pretty good. Hornswoggle will make an appearance, as will Vince, but JBL should win, and Finlay can go back to being a mean heel.

ECW Battle Royal/Title Match winner: Kane Biggest name without a Mania match. I can see Kane getting a good ECW title run, and hopefully get him back on track.

Bunnymania: Whoever has Maria on their team.

tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 tman93
Member since 2006 • 7769 Posts

I read about a prediction outcome form someone about the WHC match and I agree with it:

Undertaker winning by DQ. This way, Undertaker is 16-0 and WM, Edge keeps his title, and the feud continues. I see this as the best possible finish, Undertaker will take the title Backlash or Judgement day.

And I made this up, kinda cheesy but for Flair vs. HBK, I personally think it should end in a double count out when both men collapse in the ring, that way, Flair has to retire (The retire thing said he had to WIN, nothing else counts.) but he doesn't actually lose. The two take each other to the limits and that way, Flair doesn't get beat fair and clean in his last match, but he retires.

I sure hope Kane wins the battle royal, or Tommy Dreamer, he may not be the best, but dangit, he needs a title run for all the crap hes taken since the new ECW.

Hulkster905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Hulkster905
Member since 2003 • 1291 Posts

^^^ I agree with your taker-edge finish, thats about the only painless way for it to go.

Also, I really want Trips to win.

lilhbk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#165 lilhbk
Member since 2004 • 10609 Posts

My "Preds"

Cena vs Orton vs HHH: HHH will win, having a Cena/HHH feud after it with Orton being destroyed.
Edge vs Undertaker: Taker Tombstones Edgeheads, and Edge hits him with the title, ref calls for the bell and Undertaker sits up. OH EM GEE Chokeslam for everyone including the ref
MITB Match whoever wins...will be cool i guess. As long as the match is awesome
Shawn Michaels vs Ric Flair Career Threatening Match: HBK superkicks the fake teeth out of Flair about five times, untill Flair finally just cant get up.
ECW Battle Royal/Title Match: Kane wins the Battle Royal, Chavo DQ's himself
Floyd Mayweather vs Big Show in a God KNows what match: Mayweather breaks Show's JAAAW!!
JBL vs Finlay..who cares?

lilhomes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#166 lilhomes
Member since 2004 • 462 Posts
Im actully hoping for whoever wins the MITB to cash it in at the main event and win, that'd be memorable
But I doubt itll happen.
rendai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 rendai
Member since 2004 • 557 Posts

Im actully hoping for whoever wins the MITB to cash it in at the main event and win, that'd be memorable
But I doubt itll happen.lilhomes

Can you say MR.KENNEDY........................KENNEDY

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 The_Dude14

[QUOTE="lilhomes"]Im actully hoping for whoever wins the MITB to cash it in at the main event and win, that'd be memorable
But I doubt itll happen.rendai

I can, but I really, really don't want to.

Any one else amused that this could turn out to be the Wrestlemania do-over? Meaning that they do here everything they originally planned for last year's Wrestlemania that got derailed for whatever reasons. Last year, Taker won the World Title and was supposed to get a long run, which got derailed due to injury. Kennedy won MITB and the stated plan was to cash it in at Mania, derailed due to injury. And I'd be willing to bet that Trips was going to get his win back and bore us all to tears with a long run before fate stepped in and gave us the vastly superior Cena-Michaels match-up.

trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#169 trick_man01
Member since 2003 • 11441 Posts
[QUOTE="rendai"]

[QUOTE="lilhomes"]Im actully hoping for whoever wins the MITB to cash it in at the main event and win, that'd be memorable
But I doubt itll happen.The_Dude14

I can, but I really, really don't want to.

Any one else amused that this could turn out to be the Wrestlemania do-over? Meaning that they do here everything they originally planned for last year's Wrestlemania that got derailed for whatever reasons. Last year, Taker won the World Title and was supposed to get a long run, which got derailed due to injury. Kennedy won MITB and the stated plan was to cash it in at Mania, derailed due to injury. And I'd be willing to bet that Trips was going to get his win back and bore us all to tears with a long run before fate stepped in and gave us the vastly superior Cena-Michaels match-up.

But remember, when Kennedy was in line for the biggest push he'll ever get, he got suspended. And he hasn't been exactly main eventing since then... do you think they trust him enough to give him MITB.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 The_Dude14

But remember, when Kennedy was in line for the biggest push he'll ever get, he got suspended. And he hasn't been exactly main eventing since then... do you think they trust him enough to give him MITB.trick_man01
They've done nothing to indicate that they would, really and I hope not, I'm just throwing the theory out there because someone does have to win MITB in Hardy's absence and I do get the sense of this being a do-over of what they wanted last year.

I think they'll forgive and forget with Kennedy a lot quicker than they will with Jeff, though.

tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 tman93
So the 24 man battle royale is free to watch on WWE.com right before mania I guess, only the title match is on the PPV.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Link256

Does it even really matter who wins Money in the Bank? If they really want to, they could just go the "Edge" route again, and some point, just have Jeff Hardy dethrone who ever wins it...

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 The_Dude14

Does it even really matter who wins Money in the Bank? If they really want to, they could just go the "Edge" route again, and some point, just have Jeff Hardy dethrone who ever wins it... Link256
I'm guessing that they would go the route of having whoever wins cash it in and lose before they do that. The Edge route came about as a kneejerk to Kennedy's injury.

And where in the world will Jeff get the time to do that when he gets back? Guy got a win over Trips and went and blew it, they are going to be way too busy burying the hell out of him to consider edging MITB to him.

wwe4ever_in05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 wwe4ever_in05

[QUOTE="Link256"] Does it even really matter who wins Money in the Bank? If they really want to, they could just go the "Edge" route again, and some point, just have Jeff Hardy dethrone who ever wins it... The_Dude14

I'm guessing that they would go the route of having whoever wins cash it in and lose before they do that. The Edge route came about as a kneejerk to Kennedy's injury.

And where in the world will Jeff get the time to do that when he gets back? Guy got a win over Trips and went and blew it, they are going to be way too busy burying the hell out of him to consider edging MITB to him.

I agree with what The_Dude14 says, Jeff Hardy has really screwed himself, he was almost there but, then he gets hit with this 60 day suspension, and then what WWE will just forget about it and give it to him, no WWE is not going to be that nice, if anything, Jeff will get a Title shot against Jericho, but that's it.

WWE will most likely give the WWE World Heavyweight Championship to The Undertaker, I don't know if 'Taker is going to be givin' the Championship so easily, I other words I don't see The Edgeheads being banned from ringside during the match, but if they are or not, 'Taker will win anyway, I just am wondering if WWE will ever have 'Taker lose at 'Mania.

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Link256

[QUOTE="Link256"]

Does it even really matter who wins Money in the Bank? If they really want to, they could just go the "Edge" route again, and some point, just have Jeff Hardy dethrone who ever wins it...

The_Dude14

I am just saying what could happen, because, after all, this is the WWE we are talking about.

Also, it would not exactly be the first time they rewarded someone, despite their, shall we say, "questionable" behavior.

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 The_Dude14
[QUOTE="The_Dude14"]

[QUOTE="Link256"]

Link256

I am just saying what could happen, because, after all, this is the WWE we are talking about.

Also, it would not exactly be the first time they rewarded someone, despite their, shall we say, "questionable" behavior.

True, but while I have nothing to back this up on, I get the impression that Jeff Hardy is far closer to RVD on WWE's totem pole than he is to, say, Randy Orton or JBL.

I've just never gotten the impression that Jeff is or has ever been one of WWE's golden boys

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Link256

WWE WrestleMania XXIV NYC Press Conference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uHzrkcxhDQ

Yuri_Tribal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Yuri_Tribal
Member since 2007 • 56 Posts

Please i dont think WWE are gonna give Jeff a title shot soon as he comes back theyll probaly wait about 2-3 years before they trust him again and maybe give him a wwe title run. but wwe always treat people who do steroids and painkillers different, take orton and egde for example.

steroids - wwe/world heaywieght champ

painkillers - mid card for life

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 The_Dude14
I think I figured out the biggest reason that I have hated the Flair-Michaels feud as I have. That is because it has been as much about poor, conflicted Shawn Michaels as it has been about Flair, which is crap, IMO. If this is going to be Ric Flair's last match, then, dammit, the build-up should have been something like a "greatest hits" of Flair, not Flair trying to get the best out of Michaels. The story should have been Shawn Michaels wanting Ric Flair at his best, to be the man one last time so that HBK can beat the man, which should get responses from Flair, not Ric Flair trying to get poor, conflicted Shawn Michaels to be the Showstopper through incessant sucking up and ass-kissing. Maybe do something like the build-up to Angle-Michaels, where HBK will imitate Flair's career highlights in 4 weeks to remind Flair of what he once was, while Flair responds with promos that only Ric Flair could cut.
Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Chicago_Nut
Member since 2005 • 7205 Posts

Please i dont think WWE are gonna give Jeff a title shot soon as he comes back theyll probaly wait about 2-3 years before they trust him again and maybe give him a wwe title run. but wwe always treat people who do steroids and painkillers different, take orton and egde for example.

steroids - wwe/world heaywieght champ

painkillers - mid card for life

Yuri_Tribal
Steroids + Painkillers = Kurt Angle
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#181 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Hmm also Steriods = boring personality + boring wrestling abilities (ahem Chris Masters)
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Link256

- The weather for Orlando on Sunday once again features a 30% chance of rain, with a high of 81 and a low of 66.

- The Orlando Sentinel has a story up about steroid use in wrestling. Check out the article here.

- A photo of WWE setting up the Citrus Bowl for WrestleMania XXIV is up on Wikipedia here.

- The Miami Herald has an interview up with Shawn Michaels where he really puts over Ric Flair. Check out the interview here.

- The Ottawa Sun has an interview up with Ric Flair where he talks about Shawn Michaels, how he would like to be remembered, and more. Check out the interview here.

- Melina is featured in Askmen.com's latest 11 Questions feature. Check that out here.

- Here is WWE's video footage from their WrestleMania XXIV press conference in Manhattan on Wednesday. More videos uploaded by a fan are available here.

Source: 411mania.com

KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#183 KevyR
Member since 2003 • 10870 Posts
I hope it doesn't rain because I would actually like to see a perfect weather WM. A high of 81 degrees?! Well that temp. should blow away of any chances of rain.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 The_Dude14

Predictions:

1. Kane defeats Chavo Guerrero to win the ECW Title. Looking at the Battle Royal roster, Kane's name sticks out like a sore thumb, so I think he takes the Battle Royal and I just can't see Chavo picking up a win on Kane. I'm thinking one of the gimmicks of the night is all the titles change hand. Overall, though, this match is just kinda there. Take it or leave it.
2. JBL defeats Finlay: This is a sleeper match on the show. A lot has to do with the build but I think it could be really good. However, Wrestlemania has not been JBL's show for good matches, either. On the other hand, this match plays to JBL's strengths. I expect him and Finlay to beat the hell out of each other and it should be entertaining. This is one of the matches that I expect will overcome the build.
3. Playboy match: Faces win. Hopefully its short. Unfortunately, with Candice out, so went most of the potential to be more than eye candy, because Trashley and Maria aren't wrestlers. Maybe Santino will get involved and make this entertaining, that's about the one ray of hope.
4. Batista vs Umaga: This one's an interesting little match. Umaga has quietly become one of the best guys on the roster and Batista has shown he can hang with Taker, so all hope is not lost. However, can Batista bring it when it isn't Taker on the other side? I want to think Umaga gets a big win here that he richly deserves, but I just can't convince myself to make that pick as its just the way WWE treats Umaga. I think Batista takes it.
5. Shawn Michaels vs Ric Flair: Well, we'll find out if Ric Flair has one great match left in the tank. I am far more skeptical than most, but let's be realistic. Flair is 953 years old, HBK isn't exactly young and there's no guarantee on the crowd being up enough to make the difference. They might put together a good match, but I'm keeping my expectations realistic. Since its Flair's retirement match and its HBK, they could take a dump in the ring and many will say its 3 stars. Even if its good, I expect it'll actually be half as good as people say. I really want WWE to "swerve" us all and let Flair pick up the win and either let Flair keep going for a bit, or call it a career afterwards, because I really don't want HBK to get the win the way things have gone down, but its not happening. HBK wins.
6. MITB: Honestly, I can definately see this one being the letdown of the show. Without Jeff Hardy, the biggest risk taker in the match is gone. Who will fall off something really tall? Without the Jeff Hardy stunt, I can see this one falling short of people's expectations. Jericho and Morrison are the only guys I really trust in the ladder environment, right now. Shelton is a wild card. he'll try to steal the show, but he could well crash and burn on everything he tries. Punk and MVP are also wildcards because I'm not sure what they bring to the ladder match. MVP has set himself on fire for the company, after all. I'm thinking/hoping for an eighth man, possibly Matt Hardy Version 1.0. Without Jeff, the winner of this match is definately a question mark. My pick is as much who I want to win as who I think will win. MVP.
7. Edge vs Taker: Taker. Could be good, hopefully it is.
8. Big Show vs Mayweather: Who knows what to expect from this match? One can only assume shenaningans galore. One thing is for sure, though, Mayweather did not sign up to lose
9. John Cena vs Triple H featuring Randy Orton: I would love to see Randy Orton shock the world and become the second heel to ever retain his title at Wrestlemania. In all honesty, I'll be rooting for him because he has become my favorite guy in this match and has responded in this run with the title. Unfortunately, Randy Orton retaining seems to be one of those universe ending paradoxes, like time travel. This is toss-up between John Cena and Triple H and its a clash of me "when in doubt" picks. Trips takes it. *Yawn* At least it ought to be good.

sideoftheham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 sideoftheham
Member since 2004 • 1438 Posts
Is it mer, or has WWE said nothing about Undertaker's winning streak? (15-0?)
Rage11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#186 Rage11
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

Is it mer, or has WWE said nothing about Undertaker's winning streak? (15-0?)sideoftheham

It must be you, cause his feud with Edge seems to be completely based around that streak, and Edge looking to end it.

tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 tman93

WWE champ three way: HHH

WHC match: Undertaker (Im thinking by DQ, so undertaker can be undefeated and Edge keeps the title.)

ECW Match: Kane or Tommy Dreamer, Chavo retains.

Money in the Bank: Kennedy I guess....

Mayweather vs. Big Show: Mayweather

Ric Flair vs. HBK: Double count out, neither can stand up, Flair has to retire cause he didn't win.

Diva match: The playboy girls

Finlay vs. JBL: Probably Finlay

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Link256

[QUOTE="sideoftheham"]Is it mer, or has WWE said nothing about Undertaker's winning streak? (15-0?)Rage11

It must be you, cause his feud with Edge seems to be completely based around that streak, and Edge looking to end it.

Which he will... or so I keep telling myself... :cry:

Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Jackov
Member since 2003 • 7573 Posts

Here are my 'Mania predictions.....

Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship
Triple H vs. John Cena vs. Randy Orton
WINNER: Triple H

World Heavyweight Championship
Edge vs. Undertaker
WINNER: Undertaker

No Holds Barred
Floyd "Money" Mayweather vs. Big Show
WINNER: Floyd "Money" Mayweather
(It's a big outdoor stadium. Get the sniper ready, please.)

Career Threatening Match
Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels
WINNER: Shawn Michaels

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Mr. Kennedy, Shelton Benjamin, Carlito, CM Punk, John Morrison, MVP, Chris Jericho
WINNER: Mr. Kennedy

SmackDown vs. Raw
Batista vs. Umaga
WINNER: Batista

24-Man Battle Royal - Winner faces ECW Champion
Snitsky, Brian Kendrick, Lance Cade, Trevor Murdoch, Hardcore Holly, Cody Rhodes, Val Venis, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Mark Henry, Chuck Palumbo, The Great Khali, Deuce, Domino, Jesse, Festus, Kane, Jamie Noble, Jimmy Wang Yang, Shannon Moore, Elijah Burke, Stevie Richards, The Miz, Tommy Dreamer, Kofi Kingston
WINNER: Festus
(unless he'll go on another rampage backstage without hearing the bell :P)

Belfast Brawl
Finlay vs. JBL
WINNER: Finlay

BunnyMania Lumberjack Match
Ashley & Maria vs. Beth Phoenix & Melina
WINNER: Beth Phoenix & Melina

keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#190 keiblerfan69
Member since 2004 • 15237 Posts

WINNER: Orton, hoping the same as the_dude is

Edge vs. Undertaker
WINNER: Edge

No Holds Barred
WINNER: Big Show, they paid Mayweather a lit he better lose

Career Threatening Match
WINNER: Flair

Mr. Kennedy, Shelton Benjamin, Carlito, CM Punk, John Morrison, MVP, Chris Jericho
WINNER: Jericho, unless Matt Hardy shows up

SmackDown vs. Raw
Batista vs. Umaga

Snitsky, Brian Kendrick, Lance Cade, Trevor Murdoch, Hardcore Holly, Cody Rhodes, Val Venis, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Mark Henry, Chuck Palumbo, The Great Khali, Deuce, Domino, Jesse, Festus, Kane, Jamie Noble, Jimmy Wang Yang, Shannon Moore, Elijah Burke, Stevie Richards, The Miz, Tommy Dreamer, Kofi Kingston
WINNER: Kane

Belfast Brawl
Finlay vs. JBL

WINNER: Ashley and Maria

Avatar image for McnabbsPHIeagle
McnabbsPHIeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 McnabbsPHIeagle
Member since 2006 • 752 Posts
okay here are my predictions, WWE Title Match Winner:HHH World Heavyweight Title Match Winner:Undertaker r.i.p. edgeheads you know he's winning. Floyd "Money Mayweather VS. Big Show Winner:Floyd "Money" Mayweather MITB: Shelton Benjamin Ric Flair VS. HBK Winner:HBK Batista VS. Umaga Winner:Batista Belfast Brawl Winner:Finlay Bunnymania:Snoop Dogg i mean team Maria 24 Man Battle Royal:Kane or Kofi ECW Title Matcjh Winner:Chavo Here's to good night of wrestling,. Enjoy
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 hbk91
Member since 2004 • 30874 Posts

My predictions:

WINNER: John Cena

Edge vs. Undertaker
WINNER: Edge

No Holds Barred
WINNER: Floyd Mayweather

Career Threatening Match

WINNER: MVP

SmackDown vs. Raw
Batista vs. Umaga

Belfast Brawl
Finlay vs. JBL
WINNER: JBL

fan211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#193 fan211
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts

My Guess:

24 Battle Royal Match
Winner: Kane
If you look at the Battle Royal, its Kane, man. He's like a
veteran there and damn if he doesn't win, I going to post random
things in my post(Which I won't). So if he wins, expect Kane winning
the ECW Title.
Match Stars: **/5

Chavo Guerrero v ?
Expect the unexpected, Kane will win damn it! Chokeslam to Chavo and
a pin and 1...2...3! So what's your thoughts?
Match Stars:**/5

Melina & Beth Phoenix v Ashley & Maria
Winner: Ashley & Maria
Like who didn't expect it?
Match Stars: * 1/2/5

Finlay v JBL
Winner:JBL
The midget rapist will win damn it! JBL will do a clotheline from
hell to Finlay and pinned him.
Match Stars: ****/*****

Batista v Umaga
Winner: Batista
Batista will win, now its hard to understand. These two will have a
great match to have. Not a MOTN but a good match.
Match Stars:***/*****

Money in the Bank
Winner: C...P.....Munk, oh I mean CM Punk
Now this is hard to choose, unless Matt Hardy comes back in the MITB
and wins it then I'm with him but now it looks like Punk is the best
option. Now this is a bit hard with all the possible outcomes but Punk
seems believable. Now, I disagree with The_Dude14 of this match being
a total letdown, because Jericho has been in a lot of Ladder Matches
and Shelton[Unless if he makes botcheamania] and Morrison. A few
to choose but it will be a great match.
Match Stars:****/*****

Shawn Micheals v Ric Flair
Winner: Shawn Micheals
Micheals will end Flair's career, easier said then done. Now Micheals
will defeat Flair with a kick to the chin. After the match they will
all being crying. Easily MOTN.
Match Stars:*****/*****

Edge v Undertaker
winner:Undertaker
'Taker will win and gain another win. 16-0 damn it!

Triple H v John Cena v Randy Orton
Winner: Triple H
HHH will win. Now Cena has a movie and Orton.....is Orton. If Orton
retains then he becomes HHH from WM2000. Triple H will defeat Orton
with a Pedigree.And another 12 time reign. So close to 16x Triple H,
so close!

Anyway the PPV will be:
**** 3/4 out of *****
Not a bad one. Not even TNA can do this. Beside they won't invade
if they do then fireworks will explode on them.

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Link256

This is what I am guessing will go down...

(Remember folks, not only is Cena the "golden-boy" of the WWE, however, he has got bit of undefeated streak going on, too).

Edge vs. Undertaker

No Holds Barred
WINNER: Floyd "Money" Mayweather

(However, in match where it is wrestler vs. boxer, I will always root for the wrestler).

Career Threatening Match

(Though I am hoping for Flair victory)

WINNER: Mr. Kennedy (for everyone saying MVP, I think "certain someone" may have something to say about that, otherwise)

SmackDown vs. Raw
Batista vs. Umaga
WINNER: Double DQ

(Whatever the case, I do not see this one having legit finish).

WINNER: Kane, winner of both the Battle Royal and ECW champion

(or at least that is what I am hoping for)

Belfast Brawl
Finlay vs. JBL
WINNER: JBL

(Me thinks we may see potential Hornswoggle heen turn).

WINNER: Beth Phoenix & Melina

(I know the faces getting the victory is what everyone and their mom is guessing, however, heels got get SOME love on this card, even if it is WrestleMania, and I have feeling this will be one of those matches where that will be the case).

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 The_Dude14

This is what I am guessing will go down...

(Remember folks, not only is Cena the "golden-boy" of the WWE, however, he has got bit of undefeated streak going on, too).

WINNER: Mr. Kennedy (for everyone saying MVP, I think "certain someone" may have something to say about that, otherwise)

Link256

Good call on Cena's undefeated streak, I had forgotten about that. I'm still not betting against Triple H.

I also know how ineffective WWE usually makes that "certain someone." I have no confidence in my MVP pick, though. As I said, I went with who I wanted more than anything there. I really don't want it to be Kennedy, though.

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Link256

- It's currently drizzling in Orlando. It's supposed to rain throughout the 7PM hour and then clear up after that.

- Earlier in the week, Randy Orton vs. Triple H vs. John Cena was scheduled to go on last at WrestleMania. Whether that has changed or not is unknown. [WrestlingObserver.com]

- Floyd Mayweather said yesterday that he expects WrestleMania to top 1.4 million PPV buys. The WrestleMania record is 1.25 million buys done last year. [WrestlingObserver.com]

- Kevin Nash has been telling people that he has been hanging out with WWE talent over the weekend, despite WWE telling their guys to not socialize with TNA wrestlers. [Newsday.com]

- AJ Sty_les, Team 3D, Earl Hebner and Kaz all showed up at WWE's AXXESS event on Friday and were telling fans to attend the Impact tapings. WWE was not happy about this. [PWInsider.com]

Source: 411mania.com

Avatar image for deactivated-5e1459498b931
deactivated-5e1459498b931

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#197 deactivated-5e1459498b931
Member since 2007 • 3719 Posts

Wrestlemania 24 Predictions:

WINNER: John Cena (I would say Orton but when i heard he might drop the belt at WM it will have to be Cena:x)

Edge vs. Undertaker

No Holds Barred
WINNER: Floyd Mayweather

Career Threatening Match

WINNER: Chris Jericho

SmackDown vs. Raw
Batista vs. Umaga

ECW Championship:

Chavo Guerrero vs Kane

Belfast Brawl
Finlay vs. JBL

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Link256

Good call on Cena's undefeated streak, I had forgotten about that. I'm still not betting against Triple H.

I also know how ineffective WWE usually makes that "certain someone." I have no confidence in my MVP pick, though. As I said, I went with who I wanted more than anything there. I really don't want it to be Kennedy, though.

The_Dude14

Personally, I am not all that big on Kennedy, either. I was going on things based on the "guessing" game, not favorites. Otherwise, half of what I had to say would have changed as result. The other half that happens to match with my favorites is just that way more because I think that is actually what will happen, rather than being case of going with how I want things to go down.

hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 hbk91
Member since 2004 • 30874 Posts

Watching the preview on Sky Sports before it airs on Sky Box Office and man, I'm geared up for tonight!

On the matter of MITB, I really think MVP will be the man to get it this year and kudos if he does because he's one of the reasons I tune in and watch SmackDown! Nonetheless, I'll be gunning for Morrison to win it. I hope he shines tonight at least. I've had a soft spot for him for ages and he really could be the next big thing. Teaming up with Miz has done nothing but hinder his evolution as a singles superstar. Winning MITB would set him off in the right direction and I think he can be in the main-event some day. Whether that's soon or in 5-7 years time, we'll see.

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Link256

Kane wins the Battle Royal...