WWE WrestleMania XXIV - March 30, 2008 (October 2, 2008 on MyNetwork TV)

Mu5uk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Mu5uk0
Member since 2005 • 19144 Posts

its still 29.99 in australia which is like 25USD.

$55 is ridiculous.

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts
[QUOTE="Link256"] The listed price for this year's WrestleMania PPV is $54.95.

Credit: Pwinsider.comThe_Dude14

Wow. Wrestlemania or not, anybody would have a hard time convincing me that anything WWE could put together would be worth that, much less what they will put together. There aren't many 4 hours of wrestling that would be worth that much, IMO.

Dude, its only $5 increase we are talking about here... WrestleMania has been at the $50 range for the past 3 or 4 years.

Than again, it was only 8 or 9 years ago when WrestleMania was within the $35 mark...

Edit: However, at the same time, important to remember that US dollar in 1999 or 2000 had more value to it than it does here in 2008.

Also, back in 2000, WrestleMania was only 3 hours in length, where as they days, its 4.

Whatever the case, personally, I would be willing to pay even more money, if WWE were willing to bring back the concept of "WrestleMania All Day Long."

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#53 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Dude14"][QUOTE="Link256"] The listed price for this year's WrestleMania PPV is $54.95.

Credit: Pwinsider.comLink256

Wow. Wrestlemania or not, anybody would have a hard time convincing me that anything WWE could put together would be worth that, much less what they will put together. There aren't many 4 hours of wrestling that would be worth that much, IMO.

Dude, its only $5 increase we are talking about here... WrestleMania has been at the $50 range for the past 3 or 4 years.

Than again, it was only 8 or 9 years ago when WrestleMania was within the $35 mark...

Edit: However, at the same time, important to remember that US dollar in 1999 or 2000 had more value to it than it does here in 2008.

Also, back in 2000, WrestleMania was only 3 hours in length, where as they days, its 4.

Whatever the case, personally, I would be willing to pay even more money, if WWE were willing to bring back the concept of "WrestleMania All Day Long."

I'm almost positive that I haven't thought any of them have been worth it, much less has WWE done anything to make me buy a $5 dollar increase.

AceBermanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 AceBermanX
Member since 2007 • 2282 Posts
I think what the WWE is going to do is let Orton beat Cena. Then the winner of the Elimation Chamber will face the Orton and Cena is a Triple Threat.
killerkool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 killerkool07
Member since 2007 • 1210 Posts

[QUOTE="VanDerSar01"]on the WWE website it saids "For the first time ever, WrestleMania will take place outdoors" it doesn't even know they're own history. :D:DLink256

Pft... I think that is part of history they rather forget, if you hear what I am saying. :|

Though, with that being said, I do not what is, however, there is something I find to be very appealing about out-doors wrestling show (probably unique factor, if I had to make guess).

when i think of out door wrestling i think of wrestling of old
tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 tman93
Member since 2006 • 7769 Posts

I think what the WWE is going to do is let Orton beat Cena. Then the winner of the Elimation Chamber will face the Orton and Cena is a Triple Threat.AceBermanX
Basicly what I think. It is quite clear that Orton (champ) v. HHH v. Cena would be the best case main event.. if Cena and HHH are in it. But then again, they couldn't build that up as well in a month and a half as they could with 2 1 heel and 1 face.

lilhbk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 lilhbk
Member since 2004 • 10609 Posts
maybe the money increase is for WM on HD. Hopefully is cheaper for non-HD
AceBermanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 AceBermanX
Member since 2007 • 2282 Posts

Well for WrestleMania they are obvisouly going to go all out right. Esoecially since they are doing this outdoors. They better hope it doesn't rain or whatever. More onto the point.v I don't think its going to be Cena v. Orton v. HHH because I tink Triple H will face Rick Flair in his final match. So Flair can go out with a bang and believe Flair and HHH will put on on e hell of a match. So its gonna be Orton v. Cena v. ???. Maybe Shawn Michaels or JBL because then it would be great. For Smackdown I think its going to be Edge v. Undertaker because then he'll go 16-0 because then you'll have to do one major storyline for The Undertaker in like 5 weeks or so.

-The_Chris-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 -The_Chris-
Member since 2007 • 1923 Posts
I don't like "Snow" by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers as the Wrestlemania theme. It's a good song but its not well fited for a Wrestling event, let alone WrestleMania...
Sports-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Sports-Fan
Member since 2007 • 608 Posts
I don't like "Snow" by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers as the Wrestlemania theme. It's a good song but its not well fited for a Wrestling event, let alone WrestleMania...-The_Chris-
It can't be any worse than Big Time. :|
trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#62 trick_man01
Member since 2003 • 11441 Posts
I'm more interested in seeing how they will to the little recap video at the end of WrestleMania to the snow song.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Link256

[QUOTE="-The_Chris-"]I don't like "Snow" by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers as the Wrestlemania theme. It's a good song but its not well fited for a Wrestling event, let alone WrestleMania...Sports-Fan

I though it was okay, however, nothing amazing. The one theme-song of WrestleMania XXII that I enjoyed, more than any other, was "I Dare You," by Shinedown, in cheesy kind of way.

As far as crappy WrestleMania theme-songs our concerned, personally, I would go with WrestleMania XVII theme-song of "My Way," by Limp Bizkit. For me, I am not sure if its Fred Durst's voice, or the lyrics, or both, however, something about that comes across as being kinda of annoying. On that note, even more so "My Way," is the very reason why borning as The Undertaker's long-and-draw-out entrance is these days, I will easily take that any day of the week over the alternative to being subjected to "Rollin'" (also by Limp Bizkit) ever again.

Curry_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Curry_Man
Member since 2006 • 131 Posts

What happened to tradition?

Mu5uk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Mu5uk0
Member since 2005 • 19144 Posts
it doesn't have to be a good song for it to work well with wwe video compilations... heck i don't think the wwe have ever used a song to promote a ppv which wasn't another generic rock song that could belong to any number of generic rock bands.
mja2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 mja2k3
Member since 2003 • 5206 Posts

[QUOTE="Sports-Fan"][QUOTE="-The_Chris-"]I don't like "Snow" by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers as the Wrestlemania theme. It's a good song but its not well fited for a Wrestling event, let alone WrestleMania...Link256

I though it was okay, however, nothing amazing. The one theme-song of WrestleMania XXII that I enjoyed, more than any other, was "I Dare You," by Shinedown, in cheesy kind of way.

As far as crappy WrestleMania theme-songs our concerned, personally, I would go with WrestleMania XVII theme-song of "My Way," by Limp Bizkit. For me, I am not sure if its Fred Durst's voice, or the lyrics, or both, however, something about that comes across as being kinda of annoying. On that note, even more so "My Way," is the very reason why borning as The Undertaker's long-and-draw-out entrance is these days, I will easily take that any day of the week over the alternative to being subjected to "Rollin'" (also by Limp Bizkit) ever again.

Lol @ WWE's obsession with Limp Bizkit.

Sports-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Sports-Fan

[QUOTE="Sports-Fan"][QUOTE="-The_Chris-"]I don't like "Snow" by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers as the Wrestlemania theme. It's a good song but its not well fited for a Wrestling event, let alone WrestleMania...Link256

I'm the opposite. I find using pop music (or whatever the hell you wanna call Big Time) as a theme song for a wrestling event lame. I think it should be rock. Just my thoughts though.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Link256
The planned PPV price for the HD version of WrestleMania is $69.95.

Credit: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
JC346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#69 JC346
Member since 2007 • 4886 Posts
Lmao.
Rage11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Rage11
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

Credit: The Wrestling Observer NewsletterLink256

You've got to be kidding.

KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#71 KevyR
Member since 2003 • 10870 Posts

Credit: The Wrestling Observer NewsletterLink256

That price is totally ludicrous. I thought the $54.95 was the HD price?! Well I'm going to have to give this PPV a thought of purchase since it's like the price total of two WWE DVDs and then some.

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Link256

3 Matches Addded to the Card:

WWE Championship Match: Triple H vs. Randy Orton vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship Match: Edge vs. The Undertaker

Money in the Bank Ladder Match

lilhbk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 lilhbk

WWE has gone ridiculous with the prices for WM.

I'll just go to a sport bar and enjoy it there...Hooters..anyone?? lol

SeriousThreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 SeriousThreat
Member since 2004 • 1642 Posts
Do all Hooters usually get Wrestlemania?
JC346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 JC346
With those prices you might as well go see it live.
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#76 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts

lilhbk

Unfortunately none of the bars here seem to show them... and this town is full of bars too.

WicthBalder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#77 WicthBalder
Member since 2005 • 1924 Posts

Could you buy a ticket for WWE WrestleMania XXIV at famous players in advance or on March 30, 2008?

lilhbk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 lilhbk
[QUOTE="lilhbk"]

mrgab

Unfortunately none of the bars here seem to show them... and this town is full of bars too.

that sucks. They used to show it at a sport bar which was like 3 minutes away from ma house, now they don't. But still show it at Hooters..which is just about 15 minutes. The thing is..if they show WM..then i'llhave to be there at like 6:30pm or else they won't be any place to sit.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Link256

For those of you who are interested...

[Do not direct-link images. - Jackov]

KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 KevyR
I would love to go see the Press Conference but I have school right around that time. It sucks. I can't missed any more classes since I've missed it due to my sickness.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Link256

The Orlando Sentinel has an article up on the process Orlando went through to get WrestleMania 24 which included Mayor Buddy Dyer going to WWE Headquarters in Connecticut to get the talks going. Check out the article here.

lilhbk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 lilhbk
people in Atlanta should do that
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Jackov
Member since 2003 • 7573 Posts

Properly edited the first post.

Please DO NOT direct-link images.

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Link256

There will be a WrestleMania XXIV press conference at Los Angeles' STAPLES Center today.

The road to the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Fla., will take a star-studded detour as our fans are invited to get the latest news on WrestleMania XXIV first at the STAPLES Center. Those scheduled to be at today's press gathering include: the combatants in the Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship, Triple H, John Cena and WWE Champion Randy Orton; World Heavyweight Champion Edge; Rey Mysterio; Candice Michelle; new Playboy cover girl Maria; Mr. McMahon; Shane McMahon; Mike Adamle; Jonathan Coachman; and Big Show and Floyd "Money" Mayweather.

Today's press conference comes one week after Mayweather, regarded as the greatest fighter in the world, accepted a challenge for a match from the 7-foot, 400-pound Big Show, the only Superstar to hold the WWE, ECW and WCW Championships. Big Show laid the gauntlet on Raw one night after he clashed with Mayweather in a melee that left the giant with a bloody nose - and sparked headlines across the world. "Pretty Boy," who is 39-0, stunned fans and observers when he looked up into the towering Show's eyes and answered his challenge with an almost defiant "I accept!"

If you can't make it to the STAPLES Center today, WWE.com will stream the press conference live from Los Angeles, starting at 3 pm ET/12 pm PT.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/exclusives/wrestlemaniapresser

KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 KevyR
Well it looks like I'll be attending the Press Conference afterall. Thank goodness there is a cancellation in class this morning. Hopefully they'll sign some autographs and take pictures afterward.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts
Wait a second, wait a second. They're having the Wrestlemania Press Conference in LA? They're holding the Press Conference for an event being held in Orlando Florida on the opposite side of the country. How the hell does that make sense?
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Link256

Wait a second, wait a second. They're having the Wrestlemania Press Conference in LA? They're holding the Press Conference for an event being held in Orlando Florida on the opposite side of the country. How the hell does that make sense?The_Dude14

The only logical guess I think of beyond the obvious of it being Hollywood, is that Southern California is lot closer to Arizona (i.e. the place where Raw is being held tonight), than that of the distance between Florida and Arizona.

Other than that, I have no idea... not really something I thought of until you just brought it up. :P

trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 trick_man01
Just watching part of the news conference. And they want Mayweather to be a face?
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Link256
WWE announced at their WrestleMania press conference in LA today that Maria and Candice Michelle will team up in a Playboy Bunnymania match at WrestleMania. Their opponents were not named.
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#91 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Thats cool, Rocks get to intro his dad and grand-dad into the Hall of Fame.
Avatar image for jediknight52501
jediknight52501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#92 jediknight52501
Member since 2005 • 69715 Posts
what are your thoughts on Wrestlemania 24 so far? i am glad that Mr. Kennedy........................................Kennedy is in the Money In The Bank for the second year in a row and i hope he wins AGAIN. looks like Raw's main event is looking really good so far. seeing Cena, HHH, and Orton going at each other is a great idea. and Edge vs. Undertaker is a really good idea. streak vs. streak as borh Edge and Undertaker are both undefeated at Wrestlemania. and Mayweather vs. The Big Show looks interesting. only 34 days left till the greatest PPV hits on March 30th, 2008. and add Chris Jericho to the Money In The Bank match. too bad the snow has taken my Direct TV out, i can't watch the Main Event of tonights RAW now. damn mother nature.
SAVE_US_KYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 SAVE_US_KYJ
Member since 2007 • 120 Posts
Everybody put your hands together and pray that the rock can appear at wrestlemania aswell as the hall of fame.
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Jackov
Member since 2003 • 7573 Posts
Greatly updated the first post. Maybe I should get to work on my simmage. :P
KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 KevyR
I'm liking the card line-up so far. I'll probably order this event and have myself a little WM Party at my place.
JC346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 JC346
Wrestlemania is looking good so far. I can't wait to go. :D
Sports-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Sports-Fan
Mayweather is awesome.
wwe4ever_in05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 wwe4ever_in05
Member since 2005 • 5173 Posts

HBK Vs. Flair is going to be a really good match, I see something big coming from this match.

And the MitB match is looking really good too, hopefully Hardy or Kenndey win it, and face the winner of whatever Championship they want later that night, like how Kenndey said on Raw to Orton, about faceing the Winner of the winner of the WWE Championship match weather it would be Cena, Triple H, or Orton he was going to cash it in at Wrestlemania 24.

And if Jeff Hardy wins it, then I can see him holding on to it for awhile and cashing it in like RVD did and fighting at a PPV, in a Ladder amcth or something. (even though Jeff Hardy has never won a ladder match since winning against Edge and Christain at No Mercy in 1999).

trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 trick_man01

HBK Vs. Flair is going to be a really good match, I see something big coming from this match.

And the MitB match is looking really good too, hopefully Hardy or Kenndey win it, and face the winner of whatever Championship they want later that night, like how Kenndey said on Raw to Orton, about faceing the Winner of the winner of the WWE Championship match weather it would be Cena, Triple H, or Orton he was going to cash it in at Wrestlemania 24.

And if Jeff Hardy wins it, then I can see him holding on to it for awhile and cashing it in like RVD did and fighting at a PPV, in a Ladder amcth or something. (even though Jeff Hardy has never won a ladder match since winning against Edge and Christain at No Mercy in 1999).

wwe4ever_in05
I remember him and Matt beating Benjamin and Haas within the last year in a ladder match.