Preview!

-

Mickie James vs. Ashley - Trish Stratus as special referee
Preview!

-

Open Invitational Match for the Cruiserweight Championship
Preview!

-

Watch the trailer to this year's Royal Rumble, featuring Vince, Linda, Shane and Stephanie McMahon.

Watch the trailer 

After being out of action for a full year, Rob Van Dam will make his return to the ring at this year's Royal Rumble.

Watch this video 

Click here for Royal Rumble matches on WWE 24/7 Online

Decorate your desktop with the Royal Rumble wallpaper.

Click here for 800x600
Click here for 1024x768

In here, discuss and predict the first double branded WWE PPV of 2006; the Royal Rumble.

Avatar image for Dark_NoobSaibot
Dark_NoobSaibot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Dark_NoobSaibot
Member since 2005 • 3049 Posts
haha...this is gonna be funny just as Shelton's "win" on RAW
KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 KevyR
Member since 2003 • 10870 Posts
I hope this year Rumble is as good as the past three years. I don't want to see Mark Henry in a main event match at the Rumble or I will rip my hair out!!!
icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 icytower
Member since 2005 • 10643 Posts
RVD will win the rumble!
DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 DirtyDarren
Member since 2004 • 10321 Posts
Orton or RVD will win the Rumble.... right now I'm more concerned about what in the hell is wrong with Stephanie's face in that picture.  She looks horrific...... and she looks real out of place.
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hbk91
Member since 2004 • 30874 Posts
I'd mark out if Orton didn't win the RR.
mja2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 mja2k3
Member since 2003 • 5206 Posts

I might just order this one, not sure yet, I wanna hear all the matches.:wink:

xDeniedxFatex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 xDeniedxFatex
Member since 2005 • 2435 Posts

I might just order this one, not sure yet, I wanna hear all the matches.:wink:

mja2k3

this is 1 of 4 i order...

Avatar image for master4scorpion
master4scorpion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 master4scorpion
Member since 2005 • 16494 Posts
I might Order this too but I need To Know More Matches.
mud12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mud12345
Member since 2005 • 3576 Posts
I might order this too. Got too see who is all going to be in the rumble match. And I hope Batstia will defend his title. HE HAS NOT EVEN DEFENDED IT FOR OVER 2 MONTHS.
DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DirtyDarren
I might order this too. Got too see who is all going to be in the rumble match. And I hope Batstia will defend his title. HE HAS NOT EVEN DEFENDED IT FOR OVER 2 MONTHS.mud12345

Well he was injured so he didn't want to overwork himself, but since he's hurt again that's not likely to happen.
master4scorpion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 master4scorpion
Too many people Are getting Injured. 
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hbk91
I'll be ordering this on Box Office for sure. I am liking WWE's unpredictability and hopefully we'll get a surprise in this PPV n'all.
Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kotenks
Member since 2004 • 8519 Posts
I'll buy if one  Angle has a match or HBK unless they are in the rumble
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hbk91

If Edge retains his title at the RR, and RVD wins the RR, well I can pretty much guarantee we'll see an amazing match up between the two at WM22.

If Cena wins it back well I guess we'll be seeing Hunter/Cena at WM22. I doubt HHH will win the RR so I'd guess he'd win a tourney or something after RR '06. It'll be interesting to see if either superstar turns face (somehow) since it'll be awkward having two heels go at it at WM. That's if my theory is right though...

I am completely lost with what'll happen with the World Title. I think we will see Batista/Henry make this card but apparently Taker will be gunning for the title from Batista at No Way Out...

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

If Edge retains his title at the RR, and RVD wins the RR, well I can pretty much guarantee we'll see an amazing match up between the two at WM22.

If Cena wins it back well I guess we'll be seeing Hunter/Cena at WM22. I doubt HHH will win the RR so I'd guess he'd win a tourney or something after RR '06. It'll be interesting to see if either superstar turns face (somehow) since it'll be awkward having two heels go at it at WM. That's if my theory is right though...

I am completely lost with what'll happen with the World Title. I think we will see Batista/Henry make this card but apparently Taker will be gunning for the title from Batista at No Way Out...

hbk91

Those are two sound theories, IMO.  I like option A. (shocking, huh?), if I had a choice.  However, option A seems unlikely, given WWE's track record.

Option 2 seems far more likely, to me.  Cena got a solid reaction last night (damn).  That alone may be enough to get WWE back on Cena's bandwagon, in which case, I'd be shocked if Trips wasn't his opponent.  I do think Trips has established himself as a legit Rumle winner possibilty because he guaranteed victory and the McMahon family has a history with "guarantees."  If he's not to win, Orton will and go on to face, I think, either Batista, Taker or maybe Cena.

From my viewpoint, Trips and Orton are the odds on favorites to win the Rumble.  A heel has not won the Rumble in... well, several years.  Another potential Rumble winner could be the Undertaker, if WWE decides to put the belt on Orton.  He'd kind of be a surprise and with Batista out, he's probably the top face on Smackdown.  I don't like this scenario.  RVD is still dark horse, IMO, and that's where my support lies.  If not RVD, I'd like to see someone come out of nowhere, a Benoit, Mysterio or London (HA!), simply for shock's sake and to give a worthy guy a push, before my odds on favorites.  Somehow, I don't see Michaels being included in the Rumble, or he'll get "screwed".

Despite being in Miami, I don't see the Rock making an appearance.  I don't think Rocky and WWE are on great terms anymore.

Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kotenks
Imagine if Paul London "accidently" pushed HHH out of the rumble and won. What would the WWE do?
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hbk91
[QUOTE="hbk91"]

The_Dude14

Those are two sound theories, IMO.  I like option A. (shocking, huh?), if I had a choice.  However, option A seems unlikely, given WWE's track record.

Option 2 seems far more likely, to me.  Cena got a solid reaction last night (damn).  That alone may be enough to get WWE back on Cena's bandwagon, in which case, I'd be shocked if Trips wasn't his opponent.  I do think Trips has established himself as a legit Rumle winner possibilty because he guaranteed victory and the McMahon family has a history with "guarantees."  If he's not to win, Orton will and go on to face, I think, either Batista, Taker or maybe Cena.

From my viewpoint, Trips and Orton are the odds on favorites to win the Rumble.  A heel has not won the Rumble in... well, several years.  Another potential Rumble winner could be the Undertaker, if WWE decides to put the belt on Orton.  He'd kind of be a surprise and with Batista out, he's probably the top face on Smackdown.  I don't like this scenario.  RVD is still dark horse, IMO, and that's where my support lies.  If not RVD, I'd like to see someone come out of nowhere, a Benoit, Mysterio or London (HA!), simply for shock's sake and to give a worthy guy a push, before my odds on favorites.  Somehow, I don't see Michaels being included in the Rumble, or he'll get "screwed".

Despite being in Miami, I don't see the Rock making an appearance.  I don't think Rocky and WWE are on great terms anymore.

You bring up a lot of valid points which I tend to agree on and express my opinion on too.

I still have a feeling Orton/Cena will play out WM22. We've seen the teaser in SvR (PS2) and also at Eddie's Tribute Show on RAW. With all that's happening with SD! and the World Title now that Batista is on a serious injury, Orton may very well win the World Title. Then again, if Orton wins the RR and I think he most probably will do because of all the hype we have seen from articles and leaks, he could very much follow Benoit's path by moving to RAW and go for the brands title, in which this case is the WWE Title. For that to work properly with my original theory above, Cena would have to win the title back from Edge and cool him off for a decent programme to follow up from with Orton.

Now revolving what's going on with Michaels well I think you're going to be right. Most feuds for WM start off at the RR and we've already seen Michaels/McMahon spark off and I guess there we'll see it light up. There are so many routes to see from though. Maybe Michaels will eventually turn heel after what happened last night on RAW?

Ah, now for The Rock. I remember when the location was announced and a lot of us were probably thinking The Rock is going to show up or something. After his refusal to show up at WWE Homecoming and even make a damn appearance in the WWE during 2005, I doubt he'll get involved either. WWE still try to pursue the fact that The Rock is still in the WWE by a) keeping his profile up on WWE.com and b) advertising his movie by any means to show that "that guy" was associated with the business. Desperate...

hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hbk91

Imagine if Paul London "accidently" pushed HHH out of the rumble and won. What would the WWE do?Kotenks
WWE.com would post this the very next second...

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/londonreleased

London Released

World Wrestling Entertainment and Paul London have come to terms on a release from his contract. WWE wishes Paul London the best in all future endeavors.

...or he'd probably do another year of jobbing.

master4scorpion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 master4scorpion

[QUOTE="Kotenks"]Imagine if Paul London "accidently" pushed HHH out of the rumble and won. What would the WWE do?hbk91

London Released

World Wrestling Entertainment and Paul London have come to terms on a release from his contract. WWE wishes Paul London the best in all future endeavors.

Dammit I thought that was real.
trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 trick_man01
Member since 2003 • 11441 Posts
[QUOTE="hbk91"]

[QUOTE="Kotenks"]Imagine if Paul London "accidently" pushed HHH out of the rumble and won. What would the WWE do?master4scorpion

London Released

World Wrestling Entertainment and Paul London have come to terms on a release from his contract. WWE wishes Paul London the best in all future endeavors.

...or he'd probably do another year of jobbing.

Dammit I thought that was real.

lol
KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KevyR

[QUOTE="Kotenks"]Imagine if Paul London "accidently" pushed HHH out of the rumble and won. What would the WWE do?hbk91

London Released

Mena, you almost gave me a heart attack. I thought that was real too.

Jericho300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jericho300
Member since 2005 • 1227 Posts

London Released

You had me frightened there for a sec.

wwefan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 wwefan1
Member since 2005 • 224 Posts

a. me too

b. way back somone said orton wins or yeah well if it goes through no one will like it and if he gets a title shot and he's supposed to go in a rivalry with cena that really spoils the match { RVD should win}

lilhbk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 lilhbk
Member since 2004 • 10609 Posts
i dunno if orton will win now, since angle is the champ..but oh well, i hope hbk wins it:D:D:D....i can dream here right?:P
Avatar image for appaloosa582002
appaloosa582002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 appaloosa582002
Member since 2004 • 8733 Posts

WWE ROYAL RUMBLE 2006
http://www.wwe.com/shows/royalrumble/

-

.:Matches:.

The 2006 Royal Rumble Match
Preview!

-

WWE Champion Edge vs. John Cena
Preview!

Watch the trailer to this year's Royal Rumble, featuring Vince, Linda, Shane and Stephanie McMahon.

Watch the trailer 

After being out of action for a full year, Rob Van Dam will make his return to the ring at this year's Royal Rumble.

Watch this video 

Click here for Royal Rumble matches on WWE 24/7 Online

Decorate your desktop with the Royal Rumble wallpaper.

Click here for 800x600
Click here for 1024x768

In here, discuss and predict the first double branded WWE PPV of 2006; the Royal Rumble.

hbk91

i think  cena will win, my hardrive crashed and i wont have internet acess for 2 weeks says the tech, thats why i stopped posting

DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DirtyDarren
i dunno if orton will win now, since angle is the champ..but oh well, i hope hbk wins it:D:D:D....i can dream here right?:Plilhbk

Just for a little while..... it's not confirmed yet.
trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 trick_man01
i dunno if orton will win now, since angle is the champ..but oh well, i hope hbk wins it:D:D:D....i can dream here right?:Plilhbk

yeah I wish hbk would win too however only stone cold steve austin has won the rumble 3 times
mud12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mud12345
Member since 2005 • 3576 Posts
It would be funny if once Mark Henry was thrown out and he touched the floor, he falls through the floor and into a bottomless pit screming. Image Micheal Cole, "HE JUST FELL INTO THE BOTTOMLESSPIT, OMG!"
HowardTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 HowardTheGreat
Member since 2004 • 12637 Posts
[QUOTE="DirtyDarren"]Orton or RVD will win the Rumble.... right now I'm more concerned about what in the hell is wrong with Stephanie's face in that picture. She looks horrific...... and she looks real out of place.

yeah, I noticed that too. :-O
pariahmap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 pariahmap
Member since 2005 • 2194 Posts

i hope edge keeps his title at RR

KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KevyR
There is a word search Royal Rumble game on wwe.com and you get a an exclusive video or something if you figure it out in time. I figure it out before time ran out and I get no video.
DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DirtyDarren
There is a word search Royal Rumble game on wwe.com and you get a an exclusive video or something if you figure it out in time. I figure it out before time ran out and I get no video.KevyR

That happened to me also, but I just hit the Replay Video button and it worked again.  It's a video of wrestlers cutting promos bout how they're gonna win the Rumble.  It has Macho Man, Hogan, Flair, Jake "The Snake" and some others.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 The_Dude14

I just noticed, when the Rumble commercial aired on Smackdown, that the fans are chanting a cheesy "Roman" version of "You Screwed Bret," at the McMahon family

And people claim that Bret won't let it go :roll: (damn I missed that smiley)

shoot_em_up123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#36 shoot_em_up123
Member since 2004 • 11074 Posts
The only thing I care about is the return of the Whole F'N Show ROB VAN DAM!!
DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DirtyDarren
The only thing I care about is the return of the Whole F'N Show ROB VAN DAM!!shoot_em_up123

I second that!
master4scorpion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 master4scorpion
I wish That The Whole F'N Show RVD Could Come Back Earlier Than The Royal Rumble.
DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DirtyDarren
I wish That The Whole F'N Show RVD Could Come Back Earlier Than The Royal Rumble.master4scorpion

I would mark out so much if he came back and Five Star Frog Splashed Trips on the RAW before the Royal Rumble.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 The_Dude14

[QUOTE="master4scorpion"]I wish That The Whole F'N Show RVD Could Come Back Earlier Than The Royal Rumble.DirtyDarren

I would mark out so much if he came back and Five Star Frog Splashed Trips on the RAW before the Royal Rumble.

Wait, that's my line :P.

Anywho, I really hope RVD does make a surprise return a week or two early.  WWE loves to throw out at least one huge brawl prior to end a show prior to the Rumble, RVD coming in with his music and a chair out of nowhere and Van Daminatoring... yeah, Van Daminatoring, everyone would be ridiculously awesome, IMO.

master4scorpion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 master4scorpion

[QUOTE="DirtyDarren"] [QUOTE="master4scorpion"]I wish That The Whole F'N Show RVD Could Come Back Earlier Than The Royal Rumble.The_Dude14

Anywho, I really hope RVD does make a surprise return a week or two early.  WWE loves to throw out at least one huge brawl prior to end a show prior to the Rumble, RVD coming in with his music and a chair out of nowhere and Van Daminatoring... yeah, Van Daminatoring, everyone would be ridiculously awesome, IMO.

Yes It Would Be Awesome.
DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DirtyDarren

[QUOTE="DirtyDarren"] [QUOTE="master4scorpion"]I wish That The Whole F'N Show RVD Could Come Back Earlier Than The Royal Rumble.The_Dude14

Anywho, I really hope RVD does make a surprise return a week or two early. WWE loves to throw out at least one huge brawl prior to end a show prior to the Rumble, RVD coming in with his music and a chair out of nowhere and Van Daminatoring... yeah, Van Daminatoring, everyone would be ridiculously awesome, IMO.

You gotta add in 1 or 2 Vanterminators also..... Oh yeah.
ThumbsUpMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#43 ThumbsUpMaster
Member since 2005 • 9054 Posts
Its called the Royal Rumblus. :b
master4scorpion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 master4scorpion
Its called the Royal Rumblus. :bThumbsUpMaster
Yeah The Royal Rumblus Has Cool Stuff.
Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Kotenks

T-bone's all around,

Placing bets shall we start

trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 trick_man01
I hope this year Rumble is as good as the past three years. I don't want to see Mark Henry in a main event match at the Rumble or I will rip my hair out!!!KevyR

umm... isn't the main event the rumble... so he probably will be in it
ThumbsUpMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#47 ThumbsUpMaster
Member since 2005 • 9054 Posts

[QUOTE="KevyR"]I hope this year Rumble is as good as the past three years. I don't want to see Mark Henry in a main event match at the Rumble or I will rip my hair out!!!trick_man01

umm... isn't the main event the rumble... so he probably will be in it

I think he means the WHC Match.

lilhbk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lilhbk
Member since 2004 • 10609 Posts
RVD is gonna be back!
trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 trick_man01
RVD is gonna be back!lilhbk
yeah that's gonna be awesome... but I doubt he'll win I mean they need him to beat up on Carlito... rember they set it up during the draft lottery
Mu5uk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Mu5uk0
Member since 2005 • 19144 Posts
I'm gunna get this unless something in the next 3 weeks puts me off it...which isn't that impossible seeing as though it's the wwe.