Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#651 AcolyteV1
Member since 2005 • 1131 Posts
[QUOTE="JML897"]
How the hell did Rey win? I mean, WTF he is shorter then my f'n mom. I am glad that cena won the title back.JoHn-CeNa346

Rey might be shorter than your mom, but he still has 10x the wrestling ability of Cena.

Mind you, his mom probably has ten times the wrestling ability of Cena, too :P XD
pariahmap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#652 pariahmap
Member since 2005 • 2194 Posts

even though a didnt watch the ppv the results sucked

- WHY THE FU#K have rey win the rumble

- cena wins the belt back , do wwe hate their fans or what

- helms is the cw champ , WHY THE FU#K make him champ hes on raw and he lost  jerry lawler at NRY

- the rumble wasnt the main event

DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#653 DirtyDarren
Member since 2004 • 10321 Posts
  [QUOTE="AcolyteV1"]

The Rumble....  I do have a problem with his winning purely because it feels like he's winning off the weight of Eddie's death. Would Rey have won if not for Eddie's passing and dedicating the match to him? I honestly can't believe he would have, no. I really like Rey as a wrestler, but I don't want to see anyone propelled to the top because their best friend passed away. If he ditches this whole thing of dedicating every other footstep to Eddie, I'll have no problem with Rey going on and being a champ, I just really don't want to see Eddie's passing used like that.

This whole paragraph is why I think Rey Mysterio winning the Royal Rumble is stupid.  It's not the fact that he won't be going to WM, from what the rumors say, and wrestling for the title..... It's this.
manhunt1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#654 manhunt1001
Member since 2004 • 2431 Posts
Damn i really enjoyed the PPV. Basically this is my anayalis of the matches:

Boogeyman vs J.B.L = Mediocre match, with a weak ending but still a surprise to see Boogeyman getting this big of an upset.

Mickie vs Ashley = This match was average womans match...but again i wasnt expecting much out of it.

Crusierweight Invitational = Very similar to the last two except this year we get a better outcome, Helms back on Smackdown will do him wonders compared to him being on Raw.

Edge vs Cena = For a cena match, this still was pretty good for him. Personally i would of rather had him win with the F-U, he sucks at applying the Stf.

Henry vs Angle = all i can say is this is Henrys best match, and just Angles below average match.

RR match = Highlight of the night, as usual. This RR was my most favourite yet as it was done in a way i had never expected. Takanta,Eugene and Goldust where three really shocking appreances and guys i would have never of thought to have been in the match. Instead of the Rock screwing Michaels it was Shane a guy who is hardly ever on TV anymore.I was impressed that R.V.D and Carlito where given the time to make it into the final five.....and well the outcome was probably the biggest surprise. When i saw it was just Orton and Rey i was thinking "YES Ortons going to Wrestlemanja for sure now" and out of nowhere came Rey who won the match. Although i do feel strongly against why Rey won it, it was great to see at least a small man rise up against the big men.

Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#655 Chicago_Nut
Member since 2005 • 7205 Posts

The Rumble....  I do have a problem with his winning purely because it feels like he's winning off the weight of Eddie's death. Would Rey have won if not for Eddie's passing and dedicating the match to him? I honestly can't believe he would have, no. I really like Rey as a wrestler, but I don't want to see anyone propelled to the top because their best friend passed away. If he ditches this whole thing of dedicating every other footstep to Eddie, I'll have no problem with Rey going on and being a champ, I just really don't want to see Eddie's passing used like that.
AcolyteV1
That is exactly it. So when on Smackdown, Ill bet you they are gonna say this

Cole: "Rey Mysterio has overcome so much in the past months. He lost his best friend, he was like a brother to him. Then he lost his best friend again, Batista. Rey's passion has it overcome the odds ONCE AGAIN and gets a chance to go to WM, what a curagious man"

Im seriously getting sick of this. And I cant wait to hear Cole saying "COME ON REY, YOU CAN DO IT, OVERCOME THE ODDS!" :roll:

trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#656 trick_man01
Member since 2003 • 11441 Posts
IMO the match of the night was the cruiserweight open... kinda sad really.
DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#657 DirtyDarren

[QUOTE="AcolyteV1"]

The Rumble.... I do have a problem with his winning purely because it feels like he's winning off the weight of Eddie's death. Would Rey have won if not for Eddie's passing and dedicating the match to him? I honestly can't believe he would have, no. I really like Rey as a wrestler, but I don't want to see anyone propelled to the top because their best friend passed away. If he ditches this whole thing of dedicating every other footstep to Eddie, I'll have no problem with Rey going on and being a champ, I just really don't want to see Eddie's passing used like that.
Chicago_Nut

That is exactly it. So when on Smackdown, Ill bet you they are gonna say this

Cole: "Rey Mysterio has overcome so much in the past months. He lost his best friend, he was like a brother to him. Then he lost his best friend again, Batista. Rey's passion has it overcome the odds ONCE AGAIN and gets a chance to go to WM, what a curagious man"

Im seriously getting sick of this. And I cant wait to hear Cole saying "COME ON REY, YOU CAN DO IT, OVERCOME THE ODDS!" :roll:

Did anyone else notice that Cole was talking about Mysterio's "long 16 year journey that started in Tijuana, Mexico." ??

He made it sound like Benoit from 2 years ago....
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#658 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

Royal Rumble Times for All Participants

Rey Mysterio set a new Royal Rumble record by lasting 1:02:15. The previous record was 1:01:34 by Chris Benoit in 2004.

Below are all the times, courtesy of Graham Cawthon & TheHistoryofWWE.com.

Rey Mysterio Jr. - 1:02:15
Triple H - 1:00:16
Carlito Caribbean Cool - 38:32
Chris Benoit - 30:34
Joey Mercury - 29:15
Johnny Nitro - 25:45
Rob Van Dam - 23:52
Orlando Jordan - 16:09
Tatanka - 14:09
Trevor Murdoch - 13:42
Randy Orton - 13:04
Shawn Michaels - 12:55
The Big Show - 9:04
Matt Hardy - 7:43
Super Crazy - 7:41
Chris Masters - 7:02
Shelton Benjamin - 6:52
Viscera - 5:20
Bobby Lashley - 4:17
Goldust - 3:09
Kane - 3:32
Road Warrior Animal - 2:48
Ric Flair - 1:17
Psychosis - 1:15
Chavo Guerrero Jr. - 1:00
Simon Dean - 00:46
Jonathan Coachman - 00:30
Sylvan - 00:17
Booker T - 0:17

Avatar image for master4scorpion
master4scorpion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#659 master4scorpion
Member since 2005 • 16494 Posts
Booker T And Sylvan Lasted Shorter Than Coach....That Is Sad
Pack_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#660 Pack_Man
Member since 2005 • 9724 Posts
I'm tired of some of you asking how in hell does Rey win? How? It's freakin' simple.

Rey Mysterio is the cruiserweight division, Nuff Said. Following Paul London. Rey isn't really a cruiserweight. When you don't even factor his size he is like every other superstar. He puts on great matches and the fans love him. It's not really shocking that he would have one, he's probably one of the few good wrestlers in WWE right now, it (yes your hearing it) actually made sense that he won. Angle vs Mysterio? Damn that looks pretty good, better than Angle vs Henry/Undertaker. Hell, Angle vs Mysterio vs Benoit is my Match of the Year. I'm not saying Rey will win, but if he does it's going to be interesting.
BATMAYNE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#661 BATMAYNE
Member since 2005 • 3225 Posts

Booker T And Sylvan Lasted Shorter Than Coach....That Is Sadmaster4scorpion

I'm pretty sure Booker is not 100%that's why he lasted that long.

master4scorpion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#662 master4scorpion

[QUOTE="master4scorpion"]Booker T And Sylvan Lasted Shorter Than Coach....That Is SadBATMAYNE

I'm pretty sure Booker is not 100%that's why he lasted that long.

Yeah...I Forgot About That
Pack_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#663 Pack_Man
By the way, name 1 match of Rey's past 1-2 that actually was not worth watching..None eh?
mja2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#664 mja2k3
Member since 2003 • 5206 Posts
[QUOTE="Pack_Man"]By the way, name 1 match of Rey's past 1-2 that actually was not worth watching..None eh?

Actually there was Mysterio vs. Mark Henry. Both of them. But I like that Mystreio won. It's better than HHH.
Pack_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#665 Pack_Man
[QUOTE="mja2k3"] [QUOTE="Pack_Man"]By the way, name 1 match of Rey's past 1-2 that actually was not worth watching..None eh?

Actually there was Mysterio vs. Mark Henry. Both of them. But I like that Mystreio won. It's better than HHH.

Without counting 2006.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#666 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

Booker T And Sylvan Lasted Shorter Than Coach....That Is Sadmaster4scorpion
Not as sad as last year, where he lasted longer than most of the guys, including, among others, Kurt Angle.

master4scorpion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#667 master4scorpion

[QUOTE="master4scorpion"]Booker T And Sylvan Lasted Shorter Than Coach....That Is SadThe_Dude14

Not as sad as last year, where he lasted longer than most of the guys, including, among others, Kurt Angle.

Yeah Last Year He Didn't Do Anything.Why Does Coach Have To Waste A Spot In The Royal Rumble 
Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#668 Kotenks
Member since 2004 • 8519 Posts

I got one from 2005 Rey mysterio vs. Big Show

BATMAYNE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#669 BATMAYNE
Member since 2005 • 3225 Posts

I got one from 2005 Rey mysterio vs. Big Show

Kotenks

Yeah, IMO the whole feud wasn't worth watching.

hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#670 hbk91
Member since 2004 • 30874 Posts

WWE Royal Rumble 2006 Review

Looks like we’ve got ourselves an early PPV of the year candidate already. What a PPV it was…

The opening match up was spectacular. Considering it had no build up whatsoever, it actually pulled off the PPV to an excellent start. Highlight of the match goes to London’s incredible shooting star press from the top turnbuckle to all the guys on the outside. Talk about suicidal? All competitors contributed in their own way and it showed in the match. The match was plain awesome. After watching the match, it really did enlighten me to know that the CW Division can rival against TNA’s X Division if WWE put their hearts out to allow it. Noble did an awesome job in the match and so did Helms.

Next up was Ashley/Mickey with Trish being the special ref. Crappy match IMHO. Highlight of the match was when James rammed Ashley stomach first to the steel pole on the outside. Botched ending n’all. The rivalry between Trish and Mickey is getting stale to be honest.

After that saw JBL/Boogeyman. It certainly captured the “E” but it was a pretty weak match. Nevertheless it is great to see JBL job in just a matter of one move.

I was surprised to see the Rumble match take place next. A definite must see though. I am chuffed that Hunter didn’t win. I was screaming at my TV and totally marked out with the crowd when Mysterio threw him over. On the whole a better Rumble than usual but I wasn’t exactly pleased to see Goldust, Tanaka and Eugene return in the match. Nor was I to see Coach last longer than Booker T. RVD got a huge pop and loadsa chants during the match. Too bad he got eliminated in the final four. I am pissed off that Rocky didn’t show up. Vince/Michaels will probably happen at WM22. Damn you Shane nevertheless. Anywho, emotional win for Rey. I am glad he won over Orton and Hunter. Period.

Next up saw Cena vs. Edge. I gotta admit, Cena’s entrance was pretty awesome. Anything to get him some pops ‘eh? I pretty much knew Cena would win then but eh’, the boos will return soon. Got to give it to Edge though. He carried most of the match up and got buried in the process.

The main event saw Henry/Angle. Henry is useless. I get so annoyed when I see him. He just gets in the way of everything. Crap main-event as I predicted.

Taker shows up? Is this the Apocalypse? Looks like we’re going to see Mr “I throw a fit backstage” Taker get a World Title shot time soon.

On the whole the CW Match and Rumble Match made this PPV worth my money. I give this PPV *** out of five.

DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#671 DirtyDarren
Wow.... I'm surprised you enjoyed the ppv.  I can't say the same myself.... but everyone's opinion is different.