rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rininganboy
Member since 2007 • 330 Posts
As FMM suggested to me in a post in another thread I am hereby making this thread for the purpose of chronicling my progress in GoW1&2. Currently I'm stuck on the BK fight in GoW2 on titan mode and stuck on the final fight of GoW1 on god mode but I won't do that fight until I beat GoW2 on titan mode.
Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Alucard_rules
Member since 2006 • 1385 Posts
Well, good luck. Exactly what part are you having trouble with against the BK?
rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rininganboy
His giant form. I just can't get the timing right on his attacks to do bow tricking.
Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Alucard_rules
I never personally learned Bow tricking, so I suggest just keep rolling. Keep as far away as you can, and conserve magic for this part. Start off by activating RotT and wailing on him until it wears off. After that shoot him with the bow from far away, and if he's still alive, wind up for Might of Hercules, then roll away.
elon005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 elon005
Member since 2006 • 343 Posts

Watch these videos for help with the clones:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdYOZV-o6_4

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=2jvh4TWFOS4&feature=PlayList&p=7C5B290821F3295C&index=50

I'll post videos for BK tomorrow.

addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 addaminsain
Member since 2008 • 1455 Posts

concurr with Alucard. RotT 3 square attack + CR is a great way of cutting him down to size.

Bow shots from a distance are a great way of reducing his HP.

keep your distance and hit him with the ender from "spirit of Hercules"

You should be able to push through this fight, the re-start point is quite favourable.

rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rininganboy
Woo Hoo! I just beat the BK yesterday. Good thing that his normal hammer attacks in his final form were all blockable, the only real trouble from his final form was his soul summon because I would be right up next to him beating the crap out of him when he would summon the souls and I would have no chance to dodge. Oh yeah I just noticed something during this fight, you're invincible when you're halfway through a roll at least against projectile attacks-not sure about normal attacks. On to the Cerberus Bastard, which I'm not looking forward to.
addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 addaminsain

check out my vids for the Hairy Cerberus fight.

It is redundant now but the best way to avoid the "soul sharp shooter" is to roll towards him.

Snake4eva_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 Snake4eva_92
Member since 2006 • 5656 Posts
Nice work indeed riningan. Keep us updated.
addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 addaminsain

Riningaaaaaaaan!!!!!! (Hmm, that works better with Snaaaaaaake! but I will go with it)

Update!

What are you going into the Cerberus Btard fight with in terms of HP, MP, RotT ?

What tactics are you using?

What openings are you attacking during?

you seem to have quite an eye for detail, more so than me, have you noticed anything interesting/unusual about this fight?

fightmastermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fightmastermax
Member since 2008 • 779 Posts

It's good to see the theory at work. Others using their lessons to assist while I am away.

rininganboy: Know that in the future, it is better to give specifics about your run. Your current stats/lvls/condition along with your tactics, where you struggle, etc. The Cerberus Bastard shouldn't be too hard really. Especially if you use the BH with RotT for Phase 2. CR whoring to trick/cancel while using BH is good enough for stage 1. Only occassionaly usage of CR may be necessary for you in Stage 2.

addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 addaminsain
Just continuing the good work max. Without asistance from you I would have given up on GoW a long time ago, I now find myself in a position where I can try to help others, so I do so.
rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rininganboy
I won't be playing GoW2 much for awhile due to studying for high school benchmarks and working on 2 school projects, therefore I won't be able to post much.
fightmastermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 fightmastermax
rininganboy: That's too bad. Until then.
addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 addaminsain
Talk about getting your priorities wrong.
rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rininganboy
Hey I don't like doing school work at all but I need the grades.
Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Alucard_rules
A pain in the ass, but a necessity. I know the pain well. I'm a freshman in college, and it is definitely harder than High School in some respects, while in others, actually easier. It is easier to coast along, not having to do all the homework(in most classes). However, it is easier to all of a sudden realise you just flanked the latest exam and you need to get your ass in gear. Anyway, good luck on your schoolwork, and on your run once you get back to it.
addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 addaminsain

yeah, alucard is right.

I was only joshing.

rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rininganboy

I'm baaaaaack. I had some time off from my school project yesterday so I decided to play some more on my TM run. Anyways just beat Euryale but I can't beat the second titan minotaur, help?

Oh yeah my stats are: full health, almost no magic, level one TB, CR, and EH, and level 2 BH and AB.

Snake4eva_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Snake4eva_92
I'm no expert on the matter, but what worked for me was to go in, get behind him and hit away with the hammer using TB to cancel. You could add in RotT for some extra damage. Move away after the fist pound, and if you can, alt.OH the Harpies for some good damage. If not, just keep hitting him from a distance, those harpies can be very annoying though...
rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rininganboy
Thanks, I think I'll try that if I have a chance since my family wants to go to Mexico for summer vacation. I hope we don't go though because we always go there and I have missed my last 2 birthdays and last 2 Christmases because of being in Mexico.
addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 addaminsain

hey dude, good to see you posting again. So, second Titan Minotaur is it? I take it from what snake said that it is the one with the harpies. I hope you have enough magic to "trick" if not with TB then perhaps EH. I just remembered, I have a vid of it Titan Minotaur watch it, in particular the second scene, you should be able to end this fight with a minimum of fuss if you have a decent amount of RotT, that is. A simple bow/head cancelled RotT frenzy should end this fight, no worries.

any questions/problems then don't be afraid to ask.

fightmastermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fightmastermax

1 - (TB for canceling) BH usage. You already have lvl2 so RotT won't power it up. IF you really want to tough out his attacks and just end it before the Harpies complicate things, activate RotT when he begins attackign you and turn it off upon "O" appearing (then grab it to get a little back plus an easy kill).

2 - Abuse the Harpies with alt.OH for collisions. This strat is better used with GK on TItan because these will only do 50 on your settings. You'll need 8 plus an extra hit rather then 4 as seen when I did it.

~I don't like vacations so I can pity your having to go. To know it conflicts with the two best days for getting gifts as well.. I should ask why you let them take you without a fight. I'd make sure to ruin the vacation for everybody if forced to go or just stay with a friend while they enjoy their retreat from the usual.

rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rininganboy

Well time for an update. I beat Perseus yesterday and am now at the crossing of the lowlands. Any tips for the fight after crossing the lowlands, my stats are: lv1 EH, lv1 TB, lvl1 SoD, lvl2 CR, lvl2 AB, and lvl2 BH.

On a side note I think I found a way of getting 2 invincibility frames per a single press of L2. To do this just press L2 like normal and after you bring out the bow or head(your choice) push the directional button to switch to the other magic, all while holding down L2.

Snake4eva_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Snake4eva_92

An interesting idea. I for one have never heard of it, anyone?

Surprisingly, I found the pre-Icarus battles quite easy. Just hammer your way through it, everything can be blocked aside from the HM's large swinging attack. Which is slow and easy to see coming. CR helps in the first 'room', but make sure to save some for the Satyr in the next (petrify it before the Juggernauts come). When the Juggernauts do come, along with another Satyr, the Satyr is your first priority. Petrify it and shatter. Without it, the Juggernauts are easy, as they have no attack that can't be blocked.

If you find yourself needing health/magic, open the chest with RotT activated, though you can still die while doing this.

fightmastermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 fightmastermax

rininganboy: I'll have to test that later.

You could always kill the Sirens by abusing Infinite Air Grabs. When just dealing with the Hades Minotaurs, abuse of the false grabs (as seen often enough in usage by addaminsain) can help. When there are two, it can be difficult so you'll want to quickly rid yourself of the first spawn. *Perhaps using RotT to juggernaut your way through the first's hits*

Petrification of Satyr 1 is quite helpful. PS whoring Satyr 2 is rather easy and quickly deals damage to the Juggernaut *though I haven't tried it with GK on Titan* Further usage of RotT can be saved for powering through the Juggernauts for BH usage if need be.

Those being very broad/basic tips

addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 addaminsain

If you find yourself needing health/magic, open the chest with RotT activated, though you can still die while doing this.

Snake4eva_92

Almost sounds as though you are speaking from personal experience there.

Snake4eva_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Snake4eva_92

Because I am.

The first approach to that battle on Titan mode left me with too little health after the first room. So I went to open the chest and was killed by the Satyr while still in the opening animation.

rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rininganboy

Well I just got to the Ascension of Atlas and I would like some tips.

I got lvl1 TB, lvl1 SoD, lvl2 AB, lvl2 CR, lvl2 BH, and lvl3 EH.

Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Alucard_rules
Most people will tell you to stone the captains, then break them with PS. After that, the harpies aren't too hard on their own.
addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 addaminsain

Damn straight. With lvl3EH you can petrify the harpies pretty quick too.

TM3 is a pushover, just save some magic for the Atlas lift.

rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rininganboy

Just beat the monsters in the Ascension of Atlas soon after I posted my question. Now I'm stuck at the 1st translator. Any tips or advice on what to upgrade?(levels are still the same as from my last post)

On a side note I have a few other GoW2 runs that I'm doing(I use them to try certain techniques that I might use on my TM run) and in one of them I was also was at the the 1st translator and I flash froze the first high priest that appears and shattered him and after that the other two high priests that are suppose to spawn didn't spawn, which leads me to believe that the amount of time you take to kill the 1st high priest has an effect on if the other two high priests appear or not. Too bad that I couldn't reproduce this in my TM run.

addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 addaminsain

Flash freezing the first priest is the way to go (when not on a NUR). Done it many times, never not had the next two priests spawn though.

regarding your extra I frame trick, I have never encountered a need to prolong the I frames. The only instance I can think where it may be useful is during Atropos beam attack. I can't see it tricking through it though. Atlas Quake is all I frames and the beam knocks you straight out of that.

Even with Zeus paired lightning bolt attack I have always found two taps of L2 to be sufficient. Can you name an example where this extended invincibility could be useful.

Practising the Translator fight are you? With level3 EH it should be a breeze. The problem with practising on lower difficulties is that the lower agressiveness of the enemies doesn't give a true picture of how things will go on Titan. It also alters the collision damage, further complicating things.

That said keeping people informed of your findings is always good. Keep it up my man and you will have bested Titan Mode and a TMNUR in no time.

EDIT

Tactics for your situation would be, flash freeze the first priest, shatter. Gorgon Rage to freeze the double priest spawn,use RotT to prevent interruptions while you "charge" the attack, shatter both, mop up the remains, dog kicks (accurate) and hammer + CR should do the job.

There are a few vids of it on YouTube. I of course will mention mine, I have one with what I would consider to be the minimum requirements, in terms of upgrades for easy WIN in which I played quite badly, went off plan yet still won. I also have a much claszier version my TMNUR offering. Don't get me wrong, this fight is hard. I have spent many weekends stuck on it, even abandonded my TMNUR because of it and did a couple of fun runs. Beating the Translator fight is not easy but when you do the feeling is oh so gooood.

rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rininganboy
Addam: viewed and commented on both of your vids.
addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 addaminsain
Think you may have the details about RotT a bit mixed up, mate.
rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rininganboy
You're probably right about Kratos' defenses being greater while in RotT seeing as I can't truly remember what was said about RotT since I read it a long time ago but as for RotT stopping some of the weaker enemies' attacks from being completed that is true because I have done a few fun runs with RotT active the entire time(due to Urn of Prometheus) and have encountered this effect quite a bit( I also found that you can block during RotT and activate AotF but only if you have a sub weapon equipped.)
addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 addaminsain
True you can. You can also use Icarus Ascension if you have a sub weapon selected. You may notice that the wings don't flap properly when you do so, an animation oversight perhaps?
Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Alucard_rules
You're probably right about Kratos' defenses being greater while in RotT seeing as I can't truly remember what was said about RotT since I read it a long time ago but as for RotT stopping some of the weaker enemies' attacks from being completed that is true because I have done a few fun runs with RotT active the entire time(due to Urn of Prometheus) and have encountered this effect quite a bit( I also found that you can block during RotT and activate AotF(Make sure to keep in mind that while the AotF is active, your RotT meter's depletion is also slowed, allowing for extended periods of RotT use at minimal cost) but only if you have a sub weapon equipped.)rininganboy
fightmastermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 fightmastermax

rininganboy: Have you ever referred to the various 'Tactics/Tips' threads here? On the GoWII board, did you read all the things I said in the 'Costum Abilities' thread? I speak of RotT not being exactly what people think often enough.

~Keep us posted about your handling of the Translator of Lahkesis fight. It should go well (Wave 3) if you properly use EH lvl3, RotT, lvl1 AQ, CR (any level) and BH (any level). It's quite easy once you get the first 15 seconds of the fight done properly...no Priests..no problems.

addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 addaminsain

True.

funnily enough I have a vid showing just the effect Alucard mentioned. Here.

Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Alucard_rules

True.

funnily enough I have a vid showing just the effect Alucard mentioned. Here.

addaminsain
Wonderful, isn't it?
addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 addaminsain
It sure is.
rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 rininganboy

Hallelujah! I just beat the 1st translator yesterday and it only took me 5 tries also the translator took no damage. Here is the strategy I used, I was going to try and flash freeze the first priest but I couldn't do it because I was hit out EH before I got to use it(for some reason the monsters were more aggressive this time then they were for the first 4 times) and as soon as I got hit I got pissed and started Cronos Rage'in everybody interspersed with BH triangle hits then when I ran out of magic I started fleecing everybody to victory.(I was lucky that only one high priest spawned.) I also beat the Cerberus Breeder room(on my first try) I was going to use GR but again I was hit out of EH(I charge up GR before I entered the room so that I would walk in with a fully charged GR that I can let loose as soon as possible) so I used CR on the Breeders until one died but in my anger I had let 3 Cerberus Seeds grow up so I now had to contend with 5 Breeders PLUS both Fates Juggernauts so used my CR and hammer for the rest of the fight until I ran out of magic and had to resort to the fleece.( I only used RotT once while opening the health chest) Now I'm at the entrance to the underworld and naturally I'll be using the SoD.

addam:in an earlier post you asked where the extended I-frame trick could be used and after some thought I think I found one place where it could be used. Against the second and third Titan Minotaurs if for some reason a player got caught during their ground pound attack they could save themselves from taking anymore damage by tricking their way through the attack if they use the "EI-frame"(that's what I'm calling it now) trick fast enough because you have a little bit of time to bring out EH or TB between the initial attack(but not enough time to run away plus with each hit you take from the ground pound it seems to "suck" you back in.

addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 addaminsain
good call,have you tried holding L2 and continually switching from EH to TB?
rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 rininganboy
A few times but only on AotF to test it out.
fightmastermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 fightmastermax
Progress. How I love it.
rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 rininganboy

Time for an update. The Kraken was easier then expected, just fleeced him and used bow shots for the entire fight. Then for his final form I just toyed with him for 20 minutes until I got bored and finished him off. Next up the sisters, any tips?

Stats: lvl1 TB, lvl1 Sod, lv1 AQ, lvl2 BH, max AB, max CR, and max EH.

EDIT: It's official I'm going to have to go to Mexico for vacation, I just don't know when so if I don't post for awhile you'll know why. I'm hoping to finish my TM run before I go to Mexico though.

addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 addaminsain
Toying with the Kraken? Sounds dangerous. Best bet is to finish it off quickly
addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 addaminsain

Tips for the sisters?

I wouldn't mess around with the AotF too much, Keep close, PS, 2-3 PS while she is getting up then LRR. Or see my vid .

Atrops, wait till she attacks the swordbridge then O grab to square throw someone at her. Or you can stand on the edge of the blast and go RotT Hammer. Either way is cool.

Combined, I have a TMNUR vid uploading now. Got a few Sisters of Destiny vids. Have a browse through, there might be something of use.

rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 rininganboy
Viewed and commented on both the Lahkesis and Lahkesis/Atropos vids.