MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 MrStarkiller
Member since 2008 • 18984 Posts

Already beaten the God NUR+ Centaur Sacrifice then have you?

~If you haven't read it already, I suggest you lookover my God PAIN coverage and FiveGlory's latest video series (perhaps the other as well since it IS a God NUR+) *this one being a God PAIN*

rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 rininganboy
Member since 2007 • 330 Posts
Well then, time for an update. I've gotten to Pandora's Guardian and have left off there. I think it won't be too hard to beat him. Anyways I had some trouble fighting the Minotaur Tormentors because I'm really out of practice but I eventually beat them, as for the Centaurs I thought they were rather easy. I just kept launching them in the air and infinitely air grabbing them until they got minigamed.
elon005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 elon005
Member since 2006 • 343 Posts
For the Minotaur Tormentors, they're quite easy. Square, triangle and air whoring is the way to go.
rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 rininganboy
Yeah but they usually block any attempts to launch them to set them up for air grab whoring(I think this only happens to me).
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 MrStarkiller

FiveGlory: There's a tad more to their handling then that but that's a solid base to build off of.

Riningan: You should visit alt.TUGOWU and read over a bunch of the runs I did in GoW1. I address these things in detail. Also refer to FiveGlory's videos.

It's not just you. There's more to success with getting them airborne then was already noted here. Hades Minotaurs are the FAR easier version of a Tormentor. IF you don't feel like looking over ALL of the run coverages I give for PAIN variants, I could eventually look through for relevant coverage and post copypasta. You would benefit more if you read and understood all I shared however.

rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 rininganboy
Update time! I've beaten the Temple's Guardian yesterday. I decided to play it safe so I just used the sweet spot abuse and the double lever pull to beat him. Currently I'm at the beginning of the the Cliffs of Madness and have just defeated the Satyrs, the first one I just grabbed to death and then the second two I cast AoH and then killed one with the BoA and grabbed the remaining one to death.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 MrStarkiller

For the whole fight? Very cheap but very effective. Progress is progress.

~Wouldn't the Satyrs have been better addressed with Punt rape?

rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 rininganboy
Yep I like being cheap in fights. Also I'm not very good at pulling of punt(I'll be practicing though) and that's why I didn't use it on the satyrs.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 MrStarkiller

You'll want either to get good with it or using FiveGlory's chest exploit (11 Hades Satyr) in conjunction with proper Blades or non-Punt Artemis handling *refer to other runs I've covered* for a satyr. Grab whoring would be an option for the latter but seriously....that can get trying.

~You'll get it with practice. It won't even likely take you that long to get a handle on it, Spike and Homerun

rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 rininganboy
What is elon's chest exploitation glitch? Also Spike and Homerun are easy to pull off, it's only Punt that I have trouble with.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 MrStarkiller

What about it do you have trouble with? Landing the bounce? Aiming the launch?

Refer to "3lonn" on YouTube. *FiveGlory* His coverage of 11 Hades Satyrs in a God PAIN run are what concern you. Check out the other videos as well.

rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 rininganboy
Time for another update. I am now currently at the start of the architect's tomb right now and I also had some practice with punt at the cliffs of madness. At first I wasn't very good and kept dieing at the big room with the satyrs and legionnaires because of poor handling but I think I've gotten pretty decent with it now.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 MrStarkiller

Homerun technique practice..sounds fun. You're very close to wrapping this run up.

~I'll probably have to ask various users to review their 'listing' in the Specialty Run thread concerning what they have done since the last update >___>

rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 rininganboy

Well time for an update. I have gotten to the save point before the fight with Ares. The only part I had any trouble with was the conveyor belt room until I found a sweet spot at the exit of the room-the first step of the doorway which won't activate the flamethrowers and keeps me from moving on the conveyors-after killing all the archers with grabs, so I only had to deal with the harpies and as soon as they dive bombed me, I rolled forward to escape the attack and would grab them whenever I had the chance. The only other place I had trouble with was the 11 satyrs fight because the last hit of punt would sometimes send them in inexplicable trajectories. Next is Ares1 to complete this run, I forsee no problems for this fight.

BTW: I just bought a camera and was wondering how I could record gameplay footage? I mean like addam's vids.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 MrStarkiller

(Recording) Couldn't tell you.

(Conveyor) You've seen/heard other such strategies have you not?

(Satyrs) Takes practice and a bit of care to avoid undesirable outcomes such as a stuck Satyr.

(Ares1) Indeed.

elon005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 elon005
Member since 2006 • 343 Posts
Your camera won't be able to record quality as AWESOME as Addam since he uses a capture card? You want to position your camera in front of the TV so it shows the whole screen. I can help you if you want after the first stage.
rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 rininganboy
Well sorry for not posting but I had Mother's Day and whatnot to help out with. Anyways, Ares has been beaten. I just used AoH to PR and Artemis R1 thrust RAEP. I died a few times when he would do a pointblank HAMMERTIME(I hate it when he does that) and once I think I glitched up his fireballs because when I used ZF to knock him down, it just knocked him higher up and he continued to shoot fireballs which caused me to die. Since a GoW1 GMNUR+ ends after Ares1, I decided to upgrade everything to help me out(I didn't feel like actually fighting the clones so I decided to go the quickest route possible) but I somehow was able to activate the family moving glitch so the upgrades were pretty much useless(I don't know how I activated the glitch so I was a bit surprised and a bit angry). As for Ares2 I kept quick rolling to avoid his attacks and waited for an opening so I could do R1 thrust RAEPing until minigame until he died.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 MrStarkiller

Sounds good. Have you learned how to trick in GoW1 yet Riningan? Sounds like you got a RAW deal with Ares fireballs.

Accidental activation of the glitch? Were you using petrification? Or perhaps a clone grabbed you as you grabbed the family..

~What's next?

rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 rininganboy

I don't know how to trick in GoW1 but I was able to trick twice during Ares1 but I don't know how I did it- I was trying to use PR to trick through his HAMMERTIME but since I have a controller with overly sensitive direction buttons that causes me to sometimes select a different magic than the one I want, anyways I ended up selecting ZF twice in a row and going through his attack unscathed. As for the family moving glitch I grabbed the family at the same time as the clone grabbed me.

What's next? Hmm, well when I get GoW2 back from a friend that I let borrow it, I'll probably do a TMNUR.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 MrStarkiller

(Clones) Version 1 then

(Tricking) Would you like to know how? It's not hard.

(Next) GoWII Titan NUR? Why not a NUR+?

rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 rininganboy

Tricking: yes I would like to know how

Why a NUR instead of a NUR+? Because I don't think I could do a NUR+ on this game. It was easier in the last game because most enemies could be infinite grabbed, air grabbed, or OH'ed to death without worrying about taking damage.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 MrStarkiller

You can handle it.

---

The 'trick' is in the "unsheathing" (sword summon) animation for Artemis (which lasts a bit longer than TB/EH or possibly even CR's window).

v1 - Switch to Artemis. You cannout switch back to the Blades whilst airborne just by pressing L1+R1 so if you're working with the Blade and want to use v1, too bad.

Ex1: (starting with Blades) Attack/effect is about to connect, L1+R1 to let it slide through you as the Blade is pulled out. If you're satisfied you can switch back (sheathing does NOT trick) or just press the attack as you please.

Ex2: (starting with Artemis) L1+R1, L1+R1...not terribly hard to get

v2 - Use a spell, grab, etc. with Artemis out for a forced 'sheath' that auto-unsheathes afterwards. Since you won't want to worry about spending MP you can just draw Zf (fastest) or MG...beware the delay of waiting out the 'draw' before the 'unsheathing' occurs..you'll have to get used to this. Obviously this way allows air tricking but at the cost of MP.

If you didn't know, rapid tricking (Ex: L1+R1 repeatedly) fools AI of early all foes into forgetting where you are/ceasing attacks. (GoW1)

rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 rininganboy

I think I'll do a normal NUR first and if I feel that I can do it, a NUR+ afterwards.

So that's how you do tricking in this game. I already knew about the rapid weapon switching causing every enemy except archers and bosses to quit attacking.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 MrStarkiller

...So be it.

Rapid tricking has more exceptions than that...but you'll do fine believing that. It's a useful trick to toy with for tactical approaches.

Indeed. The 'rapid trick' is just tricking...done rapidly..with the purpose no longer being the tricking itself..but the AI glitch. The 'window' during this trick is possibly longer than what we get even with CR and it's free...it takes a little getting used to v2's delay however. It certainly helps even if you're a Blades player...when you use it to negate the initial HAMMERTIME strike (guard break)...then you can just evade/block/parry/trick the next one. I love it. There aren't a lot of thigs that foil it in GoW1.

rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 rininganboy
Well sorry for not posting in a while, had graduation stuff to do and then finding a job. Anyways I've gotten to the temple of Lakhesis on my TMNUR. I'll post my tactics later-I got to now.
Kuro-sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#226 Kuro-sama
Member since 2008 • 2975 Posts
Just after the Dark Rider then? Excellent. Come join me in perpetual "TMNUR Translator" land.
rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 rininganboy
No, no. I meant the atrium of Lakhesis. Sorry for the confusion(It's still a friggin' temple so that's what I call it).
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 MrStarkiller
Feel free to update anytime.
rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 rininganboy

Sorry for not posting in a while-had computer problems. Anyways time for an update. The BK is defeated, here's my tactics for the fight:

Stage 1: I dodged his initial charge and then quick rolled to the front of him where he can only do hammer swings. I blocked his swings while getting in hits between his swings.

Stage 2: I don't need to go over this one.

Stage 3: This part gave me the most trouble because it's tedious and I have a short attention span. Basically I just tricked through each of his swings followed by square, triangle.

Stage 4: By this point I was getting impatient so I went ape**** with RotT on him(I had full health so I could afford to just rage through.

Currently I am at the temple of Eyurale just before I face the cyclopi and their riders.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 MrStarkiller

All very standard.

~Progress is a good thing. Please continue.

rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 rininganboy
Time for an update. I didn't get very far but I got to just before the first titan minotaur but progress is progress.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 MrStarkiller

TM1 isn't too bad. I don't expect that you should have a lot of trouble.

Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Alucard_rules
Member since 2006 • 1385 Posts
Agreed, especially since he is fixed, and while harpies being there would be nice for alt.OH, without the Spear o' Destiny it is a little more trouble nabbing them anyway. Just bait the pound, build up Might of Hercules, retreat, rinse, lather, repeat.
solidsarlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 solidsarlo
Member since 2009 • 118 Posts
I like to get in close to him so he will spin in circles. Once he does this I run or roll back you can get out of the way in time doing either then run in and do a quick T,T over and over until the circle prompt and never get hit.
rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 rininganboy
Sorry guys for not posting in a while, I got sidetrack because I had bought DMC3 Special Edition and just beat it yesterday. I'll have some progress to report by Tuesday.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 MrStarkiller
Noted.
Avatar image for Demonic_Phoenix
Demonic_Phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Demonic_Phoenix
Member since 2007 • 186 Posts

Sorry guys for not posting in a while, I got sidetrack because I had bought DMC3 Special Edition and just beat it yesterday. I'll have some progress to report by Tuesday.rininganboy

DMC3 SE, this late? Damn. How was the game? DMD will be quite the thrill.

~ Would you mind if I posted here to provide help should you need it?

Agreed, especially since he is fixed, and while harpies being there would be nice for alt.OH, without the Spear o' Destiny it is a little more trouble nabbing them anyway. Just bait the pound, build up Might of Hercules, retreat, rinse, lather, repeat.Alucard_rules

TM1 does not have harpies in the fight. TM2 does. Also, Spirit of Hercules is what you meant I hope. Tsk tsk.

'You're out of touch, I'm out of time'

- Laters dudes.

Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Alucard_rules

[QUOTE="rininganboy"]Sorry guys for not posting in a while, I got sidetrack because I had bought DMC3 Special Edition and just beat it yesterday. I'll have some progress to report by Tuesday.Demonic_Phoenix

DMC3 SE, this late? Damn. How was the game? DMD will be quite the thrill.

~ Would you mind if I posted here to provide help should you need it?

Agreed, especially since he is fixed, and while harpies being there would be nice for alt.OH, without the Spear o' Destiny it is a little more trouble nabbing them anyway. Just bait the pound, build up Might of Hercules, retreat, rinse, lather, repeat.Alucard_rules

TM1 does not have harpies in the fight. TM2 does. Also, Spirit of Hercules is what you meant I hope. Tsk tsk.

'You're out of touch, I'm out of time'

- Laters dudes.

I probably thought you were talking about TM2. And yes, I meant Spirit. It's been a while since I've played, sue me.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 MrStarkiller
Progress?
Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Alucard_rules
HAHAHAHA...Oh, you were serious, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. In short, no.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 MrStarkiller
^Progress?
Avatar image for Demonic_Phoenix
Demonic_Phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Demonic_Phoenix
Member since 2007 • 186 Posts

I probably thought you were talking about TM2. And yes, I meant Spirit. It's been a while since I've played, sue me.Alucard_rules

I'd rather just laugh at you.

How is inFamous going? Or are you playing another game now?

Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Alucard_rules
Infamous was great, but I'm lending that to a friend, otherwise I'd probably still be playing it, trying to get the last 2 trophies I need. But I just picked up Batman:Arkham Asylum, which is shaping up to be great.
the_requiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 the_requiem
Member since 2005 • 5954 Posts
Alucard: Care to post your views on Batman:AA once done with it? And also, Joker map is in disc or downloadable from PSN?
Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Alucard_rules
It is downloaded off of PSN, as well as any other current/future challenge maps, like Scarecrow nightmare. I will most certainly tell you a good bit about the game once I'm done with it, though for now, suffice it to say that it is really good. The structure is like Metroid Prime, where you can access new places, and some old ones, once you get more gadgets. The controls are all very simple, and also very easy to use, and work well. Also, the dark humour in this game is ******* hilarious. For instance, in an interview tape with the Riddler, he poses a riddle to the psychologist. "What has four legs, then two, then three?" "A human being." She replies. He answers, "Nice try, but the answer to all three is a baby. It crawls around on all fours, then if you chop two of it's limbs off, it can still wiggle around on two, then you can give it a crutch." "That's horrible, how could you joke about that?" She asks. "Easy, doctor. It's not my baby."
rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 rininganboy
Well Sorry for not posting so friggin' long but I had some issues in real life but anyways I'm back and will be picking up where I left off.(yes I haven't had a chance to play GoW durning all this time but meh)
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 MrStarkiller
By all means.
rininganboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 rininganboy
Again sorry for not posting in a while but I didn't have much time to use the Internet on account of practicing for my driving test(I got my license a few days ago). Anyways I am currently at the atlas lift. Oh yeah, I won't be playing for awhile since I'm gonna be selling my PS1 and PS2 so I can save up some money for a PS3. BTW how much do you guys think I could get for selling each?
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 MrStarkiller

(Atlas Lift) Noted.

(PS3) I have one of my own at this point. I'll keep the PS2 for now though. Still have need of it.

(Price) Not my area of expertise.

the_requiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 the_requiem
Member since 2005 • 5954 Posts
Rinningan: Price varies a lot. I've seen offers as low as 5.00 not get any bids for PSX while a 16.99 tag got 7 bids on ebay, though that was last year.