This topic is locked from further discussion.

Snake4eva_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Snake4eva_92
Member since 2006 • 5656 Posts

Imasockpuppet? Imasockpuppet!? Curse you addam...you have won. Well played. Even so, Neuro was able to get a 1001st post before I was able to lock it, so her name is immortalised instead.

Welcome to the third iteration of TUGOWU's Off-Topic thread. Any topics not to do with God Of War are to be placed here. So if it's not to do with the union/games, put it here.

neuro_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 neuro_killer
Member since 2008 • 545 Posts
Well, the posting time is ~:44 for both addam and me. We posted our posts at the same moment. At least that's how it seemed from my side of the screen ;)
Snake4eva_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Snake4eva_92

There could have been up to 59 seconds between you though.

Alas, it's over, no win for me today.

addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 addaminsain
Member since 2008 • 1455 Posts

The fact that neuro got post number 1001 is to her credit.

I have no idea who the "Imasockpuppet" person was. Perhaps they will introduce themselves in the proper thread one day.

I think I deserve some kind of award for the fastest creation of an account EVAR!

Playing fair? Vastly overrated.

The WIN was mine and it felt soooo good.

Snake4eva_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Snake4eva_92
Did you have a spare e-mail for a special occasion, or did you have to quickly make one of them also?
addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 addaminsain

Well, the posting time is ~:44 for both addam and me. We posted our posts at the same moment. At least that's how it seemed from my side of the screen ;)neuro_killer

What can I say, the gods favoured me on this occasion. All I can say is thanks to that mysterious poster, whoever they were.

neuro: Sorry for EDITing one of your posts in the caption competetion, I found it distasteful to do so. I was just trying to placate FMM and IQ. No hard feelings? It won't happen again.

snake: WIN slipping through your fingers? Sheer clasz. Just didn't have time to mention it in the race for the prize

EDIT

I just happened to have a spare e-mail, I couldn't have created both in such a short space of time. I got a little worried when I recalled you mentioning that you had a couple of "secondary accounts"

Snake4eva_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Snake4eva_92

snake: WIN slipping through your fingers? Sheer clasz. Just didn't have time to mention it in the race for the prize

EDIT

I just happened to have a spare e-mail, I couldn't have created both in such a short space of time. I got a little worried when I recalled you mentioning that you had a couple of "secondary accounts"

addaminsain

Thank you, and you did create that account fairly quickly. I do have a couple of other accounts, but I wouldn't have used them, I would have wasted a minute at least trying to remember the passwords, very convulted they were.

Question, now that we have powers again, does anyone feel like a new/different banner? Or is it just me?

neuro_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 neuro_killer

There could have been up to 59 seconds between you though.Snake4eva_92

I didn't aim at winning. Getting the 999th post was what I really wanted. I refreshed the page and there was the newcomer's 998th. Intending to snatch the 3 nines (an extremely symbolic combination, BTW) I replied immediately and to my frustration, when the page loaded there were 3 new posts, including yours added at ~:43, as well as addam's and mine both added at ~:44. Now, his post visibly preceeds mine but... his nickname starts with a and mine with n. Perhaps it's a factor, perhaps it's not. It could be that we had a perfect draw. But since there's no way to verify that I accept addam as the ultimate victor.

addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 addaminsain

Blaming alphabetic order. That would do it.

Perhaps I should add a few extr "a" to the start of my name to make sure an aardvark never gets the better of me.

neuro_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 neuro_killer
Better add an exclamation mark. A thousand of "a"s won't beat that ;)
addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 addaminsain

Good point. I forgot how punctuation marks and numbers override true alphabeticism.

snake: New banner? have anything in mind?

Snake4eva_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Snake4eva_92

Nothing in mind, it just feels like the union's 'been reborn', and so deserves a new banner to feast our eyes upon.

I'd try my hand at it, but my so called 'designer skills' are lacking lately, and they were never great to start with.

addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 addaminsain
Perhaps it is a job for AIG? unless anyone else wants to try their hand at it.
Snake4eva_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Snake4eva_92

I might try it, but I'm not going to expect to make anything usable.

Still, won't hurt to have a stab at it.

addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 addaminsain
Thats what she said.
fightmastermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fightmastermax
Member since 2008 • 779 Posts

WRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 addaminsain
indeed
174IQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 174IQ
Member since 2008 • 210 Posts

Perhaps it is a job for AIG? unless anyone else wants to try their hand at it.addaminsain

I'm already working on one for you. I'm making one for all the officers.

Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Alucard_rules
Member since 2006 • 1385 Posts

[QUOTE="addaminsain"]Perhaps it is a job for AIG? unless anyone else wants to try their hand at it.174IQ

Oh, goody. It feels like Christmas is coming early. I look forward to this.
InfernoPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#20 InfernoPirate
Member since 2005 • 1022 Posts
~I love how I don't look at the forum for two days, and suddenly I have no idea what the **** is going on. Amazing. I don't know if my luck could get any worse than it's been lately...
174IQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 174IQ
[QUOTE="174IQ"]

[QUOTE="addaminsain"]Perhaps it is a job for AIG? unless anyone else wants to try their hand at it.Alucard_rules

Here is Addam's.

I'm drawing a blank for yours Alucard... any hints?

fightmastermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fightmastermax
174IQ: Think Half-Life..
Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Alucard_rules
Something Half-Life inspired would be nice, or Hellsing.(my username)Or Broly, or Hollow Ichigo(Bleach). I realize I'm rambling and it would be more helpful to give you a more specific hint, but any of those would be fine with me.
174IQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 174IQ

Something Half-Life inspired would be nice, or Hellsing.(my username)Or Broly, or Hollow Ichigo(Bleach). I realize I'm rambling and it would be more helpful to give you a more specific hint, but any of those would be fine with me.Alucard_rules

How's this?

Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Alucard_rules
Well, not to be ungrateful, but I wish it wasn't transparent like that. A solid picture of Alucard with a background would look better(same picture, but solid). Thanks.
neuro_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 neuro_killer

Okay, guys. I'm requesting you put a little chunk of text at the top of your signature. Use mine as a teplate. (UNION Position - Username)da Leedah

Yeah, I agree. A Leedah, 5 officers and a recruit. A series of horrible mistakes is just waiting to happen and that we should avoid at all cost. So what both the leedah and the officers have this eye piercing, green/orange label near their avatars. It surely is not enough. I suggest the "little chunk of text" in the signatures is bright red or better flicking and repeated at least trice because someone might still overlook it :]

addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 addaminsain
[QUOTE="Alucard_rules"][QUOTE="174IQ"]

[QUOTE="addaminsain"]Perhaps it is a job for AIG? unless anyone else wants to try their hand at it.174IQ

Here is Addam's.

I'm drawing a blank for yours Alucard... any hints?

Thanks, what inspired the choice of design?

any chance of having the "addaminsain" not "ALL CAPS" ?

EDIT

Loving the red text there neuro. Sheer clasz

Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Alucard_rules

[quote="da Leedah"]Okay, guys. I'm requesting you put a little chunk of text at the top of your signature. Use mine as a teplate. (UNION Position - Username)neuro_killer

Yeah, I agree. A Leedah, 5 officers and a recruit. A series of horrible mistakes is just waiting to happen and that we should avoid at all cost. So what both the leedah and the officers have this eye piercing, green/orange label near their avatars. It surely is not enough. I suggest the "little chunk of text" in the signatures is bright red or better flicking and repeated at least trice because someone might still overlook it :]

(sigh) Must you pick apart everything he does? It's getting old. And I'd prefer it if you'd at least begrudgingly follow the rules so that I can continue enjoying your company in the off topic threads.
neuro_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 neuro_killer

(sigh) Must you pick apart everything he does? It's getting old. Alucard_rules

Old? And...? I mean, who cares? Not me. Besides, I don't pick apart everything he does. If I wanted to do it I'd have to write all the time. I generally ignore his presence but his latest idea is just so senseless and embarassing that I decided to comment.

And I'd prefer it if you'd at least begrudgingly follow the rules so that I can continue enjoying your company in the off topic threads.Alucard_rules

There isn't a single rule in the TUGOWU rules that I broke with the previous post.

Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Alucard_rules

[QUOTE="Alucard_rules"](sigh) Must you pick apart everything he does? It's getting old. neuro_killer

Old? And...? I mean, who cares? Not me. Besides, I don't pick apart everything he does. If I wanted to do it I'd have to write all the time. I generally ignore his presence but his latest idea it just so senseless and embarassing that I decided to comment.

And I'd prefer it if you'd at least begrudgingly follow the rules so that I can continue enjoying your company in the off topic threads.Alucard_rules

There isn't a single rule in the TUGOWU rules that I broke with the previous post.

That's besides the point.

I just hate seeing you continue to do this, when I'd rather not have to take sides. Whatever, I'll leave you to your own devices.
neuro_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 neuro_killer

I just hate seeing you continue to do this, when I'd rather not have to take sides. Whatever, I'll leave you to your own devices.Alucard_rules

Yes, do accept all he proposes regardless of everything - for the sake of neutrality.

Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Alucard_rules

[QUOTE="Alucard_rules"]I just hate seeing you continue to do this, when I'd rather not have to take sides. Whatever, I'll leave you to your own devices.neuro_killer

Yes, do accept all he proposes regardless of everything - for the sake of neutrality.

That's right, make me the bad guy for trying to end this fued. I don't want a part in this, but I'd rather not see things go down badly. I don't see a problem with his suggestion. Even if it is mostly pointless, what's the harm in it? Wasted effort, it took me less than a minute. I'd like to see this union flourish again, and if I have to acquiess to a few requests, fine. Whatever, I'm done with this topic with you. I don't want to alienate you, so I'm going to stop talking about this matter, and hopefully we can move on.
neuro_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 neuro_killer

Well, I'm not that easy to alienate, y'know. And I don't try to make a bad guy out of you. I might be a bit surprised by your passiveness but you're right, there's not much to talk as far as this whole situation is concerned.

Compensation has always been a very interesting phenomenon. I suggest all non-officers, that is only me for now (?) have to add "the TUGOWU Officer" to the officers nickname while adressing one of the officers. Y'know, it'll help to distinguish you all from the recruit(s) even better.

addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 addaminsain

just to add to the "confusion" I have not yet added the tag

Snake4eva_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Snake4eva_92

Heretic!

I don't like the yellow colour gamespot forces you to use when linking. So instead I've linked my signature.

Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Alucard_rules
So that's why it is yellow. I had assumed that it was going the opposite color that I chose because of being a link. I chose purple, not blue. And while yellow is not quite the opposite of purple, it is close. Once I get a finished sig, I'll do that too snake.
174IQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 174IQ

I'll alter yours and addams sign later, probably not today. I had originally used a solid background but thought it would look cool transperant. I imediately realised my folly when I posted it here.

NEURO: It wasn't meant for you in the first place, just the officers. The reson behind it is so if we post on other boards it will let people know who we are.

Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Alucard_rules

I'll alter yours and addams sign later, probably not today. I had originally used a solid background but thought it would look cool transperant. I imediately realised my folly when I posted it here.

NEURO: It wasn't meant for you in the first place, just the officers. The reson behind it is so if we post on other boards it will let people know who we are.

174IQ
Thanks, I realise that in concept, it might have seemed cool, but in practice it just doesn't look quite right. The pose itself, along with the symbol and the font for my name are all great though.
174IQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 174IQ
Right, it was just another one of those cases of "It looked good on paper."
Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Alucard_rules
Exactly, that's what the case was for the iceburg aircraft carriers. I'm not joking here, in WWII Churchill was having people attempt to create aircraft carriers out of ice. And not regular ice, but ice mixed with sawdust(the sawdust mixed into the water, then frozen), which was actually an extremely hard material. It would have stood up to torpedos, and would be like an igloo, so it wouldn't be freezing inside the ship like you might think. Another weird weapon that might have worked was the bat bomb. What it was, was a shell that would house hundreds of bats each with a small explosive attached(napalm). It was to be used against Japan for the invasion, and the shell would be dropped from a high altitude, and all the bats would be released, they would then find shelter in the outcroppings of Japanese homes, then 30 minutes later(about), the napalm would go off, igniting an entire city. However, it was scrapped before it could be used, because the Atomic Bomb had been invented and test proven.
174IQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 174IQ
Nice Cracked references, there. :3
fightmastermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 fightmastermax
Hmmmm, yes. I concur.
174IQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 174IQ
Hey, look, it's GMG. Are you going to be employing your signature any time soon?
fightmastermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 fightmastermax

Sooner or later. I'll get to it. Avatar and all. Banner even.

~Big Train rests his case

NOTE: I've had the urge (again) to use false links that only convey extra info through the description.

neuro_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 neuro_killer

It wasn't meant for you in the first place, just the officers. 174IQ

Yeah, I know.

The reson behind it is so if we post on other boards it will let people know who we are.174IQ

And what is the purpose of that?

174IQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 174IQ
It might increse our members.
neuro_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 neuro_killer
In what way? I mean, TUGOWU isn't a widely recognized acronym. We of course know what it stands for but others? I think eye catching signature banners and some YouTube discreet, viral campaign would advertise this place more efficiently.
Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Alucard_rules
Good ideas there Neuro. In IQ's defence though, if we officers, and leader, make the rank signature a link to the TUGOWU home page, like I have, then it can work as well. However, without another banner/signature in our sigs, people might not be quite curious enough to check.
neuro_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 neuro_killer

Yeah, the problem is that TUGOWU does not trigger immediate assocciations with God of War. Frankly speaking, when I didn't know what it is, it did not trigger any assocciations at all, well maybe with an exception of the Go game and on second thoughts some Chinese stuff (the 'wu' bit), however not spontaniously but forcedly.

Ask yourself a question, what would you think if you saw some user with something like this in his signature:

IIJAGU officer - Kerner

Well? Do you feel intersted? Do you feel like clickig the link and finding out what IIJAGU is? Or would you rather think, jeez, some guy uses the signature space to boast with his GS officer status... yet another kid who takes it all too seriously... the patterns analysed by Philip Zimbardo - ever real...

addaminsain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 addaminsain

Hmm, discreet YouTube advertising, I never thought of that.

As I do not post at other boards I will not be adding the TUGOWU Occifer text