PUSH Lounge V7 Happy Holidays Edition.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

That was pretty damn accurate lol

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#52 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

God of War Origins collection is genuinely kind of bad. I mean they're enjoyable when I remind myself they were initially handheld titles but lack of any good puzzles, lackluster boss fights, lost sense of scale and terribly easy (even playing on Hard I'm cruising through them)... meh

whiskeystrike
Did you start with Chains?
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 whiskeystrike

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

God of War Origins collection is genuinely kind of bad. I mean they're enjoyable when I remind myself they were initially handheld titles but lack of any good puzzles, lackluster boss fights, lost sense of scale and terribly easy (even playing on Hard I'm cruising through them)... meh

Blabadon

Played through Ghost first, almost done with Chains

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Blabadon

[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

whiskeystrike

Heh. Well Ghost is probably my least favorite in the series because it felt like a story that didn't need to be told and definitely missed the scope of the other games. It did have the awesome fire-blades though, but aside from that it was nothing spectacular (peculiarly, it was the only GoW game I played twice). Chains, even though I played it a long time ago and much before the other ones (I think I played it and then played GoW3 three years later and then GoW1), was much better IMO. I loved the Basilisk (though it could use more bosses) and the atmosphere it has. The game is more spectacular in a lot of ways to me and its story is on par if not better than 1. Are you enjoying it more or less than GoS?
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 whiskeystrike

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

[QUOTE="Blabadon"] Did you start with Chains?Blabadon

Heh. Well Ghost is probably my least favorite in the series because it felt like a story that didn't need to be told and definitely missed the scope of the other games. It did have the awesome fire-blades though, but aside from that it was nothing spectacular (peculiarly, it was the only GoW game I played twice). Chains, even though I played it a long time ago and much before the other ones (I think I played it and then played GoW3 three years later and then GoW1), was much better IMO. I loved the Basilisk (though it could use more bosses) and the atmosphere it has. The game is more spectacular in a lot of ways to me and its story is on par if not better than 1. Are you enjoying it more or less than GoS?

About the same. I finished the second fight on the boat, don't think I have too much more to go. It has some serious balance issues. Green chests all over the place in between little easy skirmishes and just when the game starts to climb in difficulty not one is to be found. The biggest problem is playing them on the PS3 so I naturally keep comparing them to the console titles, which really isn't fair to them.

jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 jeffster85
Member since 2010 • 2286 Posts
guys, i just found a picture of SNIPER's girl [spoiler] http://cdn.motinetwork.net/demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/1002/decisions-decisions-well-demotivational-poster-1266392116.jpg [/spoiler]
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Blabadon

[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]Played through Ghost first, almost done with Chains

whiskeystrike

About the same. I finished the second fight on the boat, don't think I have too much more to go. It has some serious balance issues. Green chests all over the place in between little easy skirmishes and just when the game starts to climb in difficulty not one is to be found. The biggest problem is playing them on the PS3 so I naturally keep comparing them to the console titles, which really isn't fair to them.

Ahh I see. Again, this may be because I played it a long time ago, but I actually could manage to compare Chains to 1, 2, or 3 and enjoy it. I would have to agree though out of all the games there wasn't a spot in Chains where I got stuck until the end. I was a noob to the series then and didn't play it on Hard. The green chest imbalance sounds infuriating though. I could get them cheap on my PS3 via gamesharing, but when I have them on my PSP I'd rather not have to clear out more space on my 60 GB HDD.
Enforcedspot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Enforcedspot
Member since 2010 • 2915 Posts
Pizza time!! :D
personeyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 personeyperson
Member since 2009 • 4362 Posts
^What kind?
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#60 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Pizza time!! :DEnforcedspot
Lol, what a gif!

Enforcedspot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Enforcedspot
^What kind?personeyperson
just pepperoni pizza
Enforcedspot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Enforcedspot

[QUOTE="Enforcedspot"]Pizza time!! :Dmitu123

Lol, what a gif!

:P
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

^Dat siggy:P

Enforcedspot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Enforcedspot

Rain... lots of rain today.

DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

In regards to the military article John linked, the interviewees themselves didn't say anything particularly unexpected but they are correct. Military life can be incredibly boring (which to me is a good thing considering the alternative). Honestly, unless you're in something crazy like the President's top 100 or Delta Force it's like working a regular 8 to 4 job. I was genuinely surprised by just how popular CoD and the BF series were within the barracks but after coming off a day from the range or doing sim flights it's pretty easy to seperate that arcadish game experience from the real deal. No one wants to play a game cleaning an M4 for an afternoon or stare at a battle cam so long you can start to name the rocks.

Even "realistic" portrayal of war, like The Hurt Locker, is incredibly inaccurate. It's hard to replicate the brotherhood, the sense of family. It's hard to replicate making friends all over the place, only to leave them in a short time and never see them again, knowingly so the whole time.

I'm fine with where war games and movies are at right now. They're entertaining, they're fun to play and most of them don't try too hard... and that's fine.

whiskeystrike
Bit late to the party as I've been off GS for the past day or so but always good to hear your input pal :) Ugh, I'm so f*cking hungover. Had an excellent evening though! Just sitting gorming at my laptop with GT5's B-Spec running in the background earning me cash; one of those days :P
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

Enforcedspot
Is your sig from Bayonetta 2?
Enforcedspot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Enforcedspot
[QUOTE="Enforcedspot"]

freedomfreak

no it's from the first one. Found that gif from neogaf.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 freedomfreak
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="Enforcedspot"]

Enforcedspot

no it's from the first one. Found that gif from neogaf.

Can't say I remember that part :P
Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#69 Slashless
Member since 2011 • 9534 Posts
Wow Scribblenauts Unlimited is so damn fun.
Enforcedspot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Enforcedspot
Wow Scribblenauts Unlimited is so damn fun.Slashless
Wii U or 3DS version?
Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Slashless
[QUOTE="Slashless"]Wow Scribblenauts Unlimited is so damn fun.Enforcedspot
Wii U or 3DS version?

3DS
DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DarthJohnova

I want a Chevrolet Camaro SS V8 so badly...need to win the lottery though *shakes fist*

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

[QUOTE="Enforcedspot"][QUOTE="Slashless"]Wow Scribblenauts Unlimited is so damn fun.Slashless
Wii U or 3DS version?

3DS

but you're a cynical embodyment of sarcasm.... must be really damn good :|

Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Slashless

but you're a cynical embodyment of sarcasm

Jonwh18

Sarcastic? Sure.

Cynical? Not even close. I'm simply highly critical of games that take themselves too seriously (and don't pull it off).

Scribblenauts isn't at all serious.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 freedomfreak
Scribblenauts has yet to be released over here. Hmm, I might pick it up once it hits the shelves.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Blabadon
I would pick up anything cheap for my 3DS worth playing. Master Quest OoT 3D still has a lot of the many faults the main quest had. If only I hadn't lost SM3DL.
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#77 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
Scribblenauts has yet to be released over here..freedomfreak
If you want it on Steam, you can get someone from the US to gift it to you. I was thinking about asking around, then figured that I should wait,
Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Slashless

Casey Wegnar in action folks:

http://i.imgur.com/nlnnf.gif

http://www.adisc.org/forum/

His website

Posted Image

He's single ladies ^_^

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 freedomfreak
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Scribblenauts has yet to be released over here..illmatic87
If you want it on Steam, you can get someone from the US to gift it to you. I was thinking about asking around, then figured that I should wait,

Ye, I'm gonna wait too.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
I might pick up

Casey Wegnar in action folks:

http://i.imgur.com/nlnnf.gif

http://www.adisc.org/forum/

His website

Posted Image

He's single ladies ^_^

Slashless
WTF did I read.. Also i want to buy Scribblenauts on my Wii U..
Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#81 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

"if you like dumpster diapers"

79999500-I%27m-out-fore-here-.gif

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
first rule of survival ofmy university: Always, ALWAYS assume the whole place is run by monkeys, that anything you want to do won't work, and that any kind of student support is either broken, closed for lunch (regardless of day and time) or dated beyond help ("your version of this browser is too old to access the student's home page, please update" "you do not have admin permissions on the public computers")
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

So, I went home from uni today.

The roads were full of snow and ice, the ground is slippery, the trees looked dead, my ears hurt like heck due to the cold, everyone around me was freezing, and the cars and the likes are covered by at least 1 decimeter worth of snow.

Looks like it is that time of year again.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

first rule of survival ofmy university: Always, ALWAYS assume the whole place is run by monkeys, that anything you want to do won't work, and that any kind of student support is either broken, closed for lunch (regardless of day and time) or dated beyond help ("your version of this browser is too old to access the student's home page, please update" "you do not have admin permissions on the public computers")BrunoBRS

You really should switch university.

I heard there is a pretty good university in sweden that is very popular among aspiring game designers. When it comes to software engineering research it is in the top 10 in the world, the school has a lot of foreigners studyin there, and the at least one of the maths teachers kicks ass. The support there too is pretty darn excellent and running into problems is a difficult thing indeed. Lastly, there are student driven events going on all the time, and students seem to be more than willing to help eachother out.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]first rule of survival ofmy university: Always, ALWAYS assume the whole place is run by monkeys, that anything you want to do won't work, and that any kind of student support is either broken, closed for lunch (regardless of day and time) or dated beyond help ("your version of this browser is too old to access the student's home page, please update" "you do not have admin permissions on the public computers")Maroxad

You really should switch university.

I heard there is a pretty good university in sweden that is very popular among aspiring game designers. When it comes to software engineering research it is in the top 10 in the world, the school has a lot of foreigners studyin there, and the at least one of the maths teachers kicks ass. The support there too is pretty darn excellent and running into problems is a difficult thing indeed. Lastly, there are student driven events going on all the time, and students seem to be more than willing to help eachother out.

thanks, but no thanks. despite the stupidity in the administration and the digital side being coded by braindead chimpanzees, it's still well regarded and, more importantly, free.
DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 DarthJohnova

Do many people here write recreationally?

I've got some work for Creative Writing for University I might want a few opinions on. Plus, through doing this I'm beginning to actually start writing a bit more rather than 'waiting for a muse' and then scrapping the idea.

Just thought i'd ask. We could always have a thread for pieces and feedback if there are enough people who do.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#87 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

So, I went home from uni today.

The roads were full of snow and ice, the ground is slippery, the trees looked dead, my ears hurt like heck due to the cold, everyone around me was freezing, and the cars and the likes are covered by at least 1 decimeter worth of snow.

Looks like it is that time of year again.

Maroxad

Meanwhile in Ohio, it's rainy and not too cold.

I actually kinda wish it would snow here.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 timmy00

Well gotta write a multi-genre synthesis essay soon and I have no idea where to even start...

DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 DarthJohnova

Well gotta write a multi-genre synthesis essay soon and I have no idea where to even start...

timmy00
What does that entail? :P
timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 timmy00

[QUOTE="timmy00"]

DarthJohnova

I never done a multi-genre essay (or well purposely anyways. I haven't made one with the mindset of making one) before so this is a bit new/confusing for me.

Gotta use different genres (things like reflections, proposals, profiles, memoirs, etc. Things you would do when writing an english paper) and use at least two of them on some topic of my choice. -_- The paper need to be around 1000 words though I'm used to writing that much.

DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 DarthJohnova

[QUOTE="DarthJohnova"][QUOTE="timmy00"]

timmy00

I never done a multi-genre essay (or well purposely anyways. I haven't made one with the mindset of making one) before so this is a bit new/confusing for me.

Gotta use different genres (things like reflections, proposals, profiles, memoirs, etc. Things you would do when writing an english paper) and use at least two of them on some topic of my choice. -_- The paper need to be around 1000 words though I'm used to writing that much.

Ah I see, so it's more a case of keeping the word count down and keeping concise that's the problem? I'm doing a 2500 word essay on Salman Rushdie, and a French film named La Haine at the moment. It's difficult for the reason of keeping the word count down, and I keep going off on tangents :P
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#92 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I've got some work for Creative Writing for University I might want a few opinions on. Plus, through doing this I'm beginning to actually start writing a bit more rather than 'waiting for a muse' and then scrapping the idea.

Just thought i'd ask. We could always have a thread for pieces and feedback if there are enough people who do.

DarthJohnova
I write, recreationally and otherwise. Actually, I have an epic story about that, but I'll get to that later :P But yes, I'll be more than happy to help you with anything that you do come up with :) Just let me know if you need or want my help.
jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 jeffster85
Member since 2010 • 2286 Posts
just preordered far cry 3. :D
DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 DarthJohnova
[QUOTE="DarthJohnova"]

charizard1605
I write, recreationally and otherwise. Actually, I have an epic story about that, but I'll get to that later :P But yes, I'll be more than happy to help you with anything that you do come up with :) Just let me know if you need or want my help.

Ooh an epic story? Do tell! And thanks, it's predominantly UK/EU political satire at the moment, but if that isn't your cup of tea then i'll PM you some other stuff when I've gotten round to it. Feedback is always nice :)
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="DarthJohnova"]

DarthJohnova

Ooh an epic story? Do tell! And thanks, it's predominantly UK/EU political satire at the moment, but if that isn't your cup of tea then i'll PM you some other stuff when I've gotten round to it. Feedback is always nice :)

the only political satire i've ever done is a visual metaphor of the european economy, via just cause 2:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578929139945935525/6E68A8EC7C131C82B2CE8D3AA181807F611BFCF0/

DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 DarthJohnova

[QUOTE="DarthJohnova"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] I write, recreationally and otherwise. Actually, I have an epic story about that, but I'll get to that later :P But yes, I'll be more than happy to help you with anything that you do come up with :) Just let me know if you need or want my help.BrunoBRS

the only political satire i've ever done is a visual metaphor of the european economy, via just cause 2:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578929139945935525/6E68A8EC7C131C82B2CE8D3AA181807F611BFCF0/

Now that did make me chuckle :P
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]

[QUOTE="DarthJohnova"] Ooh an epic story? Do tell! And thanks, it's predominantly UK/EU political satire at the moment, but if that isn't your cup of tea then i'll PM you some other stuff when I've gotten round to it. Feedback is always nice :)DarthJohnova

Now that did make me chuckle :P

glad i could be of use :P
Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

BrunoBRS

The European economy's in the toilet because of Mexicans?

/valid interpretation

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Technoweirdo

The European economy's in the toilet because of Mexicans?

/valid interpretation

i think he's puerto rican, but if you think about the illegal immigration issues in countries like france, then sure.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

hey bruno you're good at making sigs right? I needs a favor :P