PUSH Lounge V7 Happy Holidays Edition.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

73227_506476686044063_1898352744_n.jpgWell there are several other things that are certain, such as taxes,human stupidity, death, etc. But yes, winter is coming, and with it the winter holidays and festivities.

Spending time with family

PF-christmas-dinne_1115632c7.jpg

Decorating

Christmas-Tree-Fireplace-1024-127315.jpe

Gifts

ChristmasPresentsUnderTree.jpg

Caroling

Deck the halls with oer hyped games,

Troll ol ol ol ol, ol ol ol ol.

Tis the season to call names,

Don we now our fanboy clothing,

Filling posters hearts with loathing,

See the blazing flame war before us,

Listen to Mcshea troll and bore us.

posting here no matr your nation,

ispeakfact proclaims domination,

DLC and online passes,

Glitchspot is slow as molasses

Yelling, at each-other in rage

Heedless of the terms of usage,

So here is wishing everyone in Push

HappyHolidaysBanner1.jpg

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
that wolf has a serious case of "i let a can of blue paint fall on me". and it's summer for me :D
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#3 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
So, first page? First page.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Good song, good song. Now Char should sing it.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52232 Posts
I always liked those Coca Cola commercials. That truck plastered with christmas lights. Driving along. Spreading Christmas.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BrunoBRS
finished reading that article darth linked in the old thread. nice read. oh, and "first".
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts
Bruno, you might be interested in this- GamingBolt just interviewed the game designer of Guild Wars 2 and I got to ask a few questions myself. I'm transcribing the interview right now :P
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jonwh18

DO I have to do a "first page" it I posted the thread? :P

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BrunoBRS
Bruno, you might be interested in this- GamingBolt just interviewed the game designer of Guild Wars 2 and I got to ask a few questions myself. I'm transcribing the interview right now :P khoofia_pika
question is: did you ask the right questions? :P i mean, it's kind of weird for someone who (as far as i know) has no interest in the game doing a post-launch interview. would you even know what to ask? what is relevant? or would you just ask the generic questions that get vague, generic answers because the devs don't want to spoil anything major? we'll see once you post it.

DO I have to do a "first page" it I posted the thread? :P

Jonwh18
well, you just did it, making the question moot :P
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 khoofia_pika

[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"]Bruno, you might be interested in this- GamingBolt just interviewed the game designer of Guild Wars 2 and I got to ask a few questions myself. I'm transcribing the interview right now :P BrunoBRS
question is: did you ask the right questions? :P i mean, it's kind of weird for someone who (as far as i know) has no interest in the game doing a post-launch interview. would you even know what to ask? what is relevant? or would you just ask the generic questions that get vague, generic answers because the devs don't want to spoil anything major?

I had the exact same things going through my mind when I was sending my questions to the guy who interviewed the dev, so I just decided to ask stuff that wasn't exactly vague but still something I could ask properly. MMOs aren't really my thing, but Guild Wars 2 seems like an interesting game, and I'm definitely gonna get it as soon as I get my hands on a proper rig.

I asked him about future expansions packs and the rivalry with WoW (quite predictably) and I actually got clear, definitive answers. I was pretty surprised. Pleasantly, of course :P

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BrunoBRS

let me guess. he mentioned the update that was put up a couple weeks back, and the just-announced christmas update? :P

oh, and their favorite line ever, "we have a bunch of stuff in store for the next few months, that we'll announce when it's ready".

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 khoofia_pika

let me guess. he mentioned the update that was put up a couple weeks back, and the just-announced christmas update? :PBrunoBRS
Nah, he said there's a huge expansion-sized update coming in Jan and Feb, and that they've currently got a small team working on separate, paid expansions. He said the actual expansions won't be as frequent as GW1 (once every 6 months) and that they will mostly focus on the updates, but that they will be releasing expansions very soon.

Oh, and I also asked if there will be a Linux port and he said they're looking into it, He talked about console ports too, but that was vague crap.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BrunoBRS
i don't want to burst your bubble, but that is actually known stuff :P in fact, if you head to their home page, there's even a "thumbnail timeline" of sorts with all the scheduled and past monthly updates :P and they had a blog explaining how they structured the company. basically half of the company was assigned to multiple different small teams responsible for different parts of the monthly updates, and the rest is working on the major expansions, which won't be as frequent due to their monthly updates. the comment on linux was also brought up a few times :P i don't want to dismiss your work, it's just that it's hard to ask for things that the players don't already know if you're not a player yourself. it would be like setting me up to interview, i don't know, the halo 4 devs (before it came out). i play halo more casually than a grandma playing wii sports, i wouldn't know what to ask, so i'd resort to the typical "what's new, plans for the future" kind of questions.
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 khoofia_pika
Yeah, yeah, I know that stuff was announced already, I'm not claiming I got the world exclusive news. :P I'm just happy I got a definitive answer, devs these days usually don't like talking about stuff in too much detail. Like in the Halo 4 interview, I asked about the custom games, and all the details had pretty much already been announced, but they were still annoyingly mum about it. So it was a nice change of pace to be interviewing a developer who could answer all questions properly. That is why I'm saying that it's an interesting read, because at least it's not vague, irritating crap.
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 khoofia_pika
I do want to play GW2 though, it looks like a really good game. Wish I had a proper PC.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BrunoBRS
I do want to play GW2 though, it looks like a really good game. Wish I had a proper PC. khoofia_pika
out of curiosity, what are your PC specs? GW2 is a bit on the unoptimized side for high end computers (as in, max settings don't run as well as some would expect), but it seems like you can run it fine on lower-end machines, with the right settings.
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 khoofia_pika
[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"]I do want to play GW2 though, it looks like a really good game. Wish I had a proper PC. BrunoBRS
out of curiosity, what are your PC specs? GW2 is a bit on the unoptimized side for high end computers (as in, max settings don't run as well as some would expect), but it seems like you can run it fine on lower-end machines, with the right settings.

I haven't really checked, but I tried running Age of Empires 2 a month back and couldn't do it, so I'm GUESSING I won't be able to run GW2 :P
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
[QUOTE="ArisShadows"] You juz jealous, gurl! gurl gurl gurl

[QUOTE="Technoweirdo"] You...don't know, do you?

I call everyone girl, girlfriend, ladies.. Ask FF and Sage.I think you took what I said in another format. :P MAN and *** you guys and making me having to requote all that from the old lounge. :/
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="khoofia_pika"]I do want to play GW2 though, it looks like a really good game. Wish I had a proper PC. khoofia_pika

I haven't really checked, but I tried running Age of Empires 2 a month back and couldn't do it, so I'm GUESSING I won't be able to run GW2 :P

you couldn't because of your PC, or because of whatever way you tried to run AoE2? 'cause this is the first time i've ever heard of a computer that can't run age of empires 2.
soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="khoofia_pika"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] out of curiosity, what are your PC specs? GW2 is a bit on the unoptimized side for high end computers (as in, max settings don't run as well as some would expect), but it seems like you can run it fine on lower-end machines, with the right settings.

you couldn't because of your PC, or because of whatever way you tried to run AoE2? 'cause this is the first time i've ever heard of a computer that can't run age of empires 2.

Even my laptop from about 8 years ago can run AoE 2. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Windows 7 has problems running Age of Empires 2. You need to perform a quick fix (Launch the game, Alt-Tab out of it, Ctrl-Alt-Delete, Processes, close Explorer.exe, alt-tab back into the game) to actually run it without issues.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BrunoBRS
Windows 7 has problems running Age of Empires 2. You need to perform a quick fix (Launch the game, Alt-Tab out of it, Ctrl-Alt-Delete, Processes, close Explorer.exe, alt-tab back into the game) to actually run it without issues.charizard1605
i knew it. if my windows 98 from the dial-up days could run it, then any computer can.
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 khoofia_pika
I checked, my PC DOES run AoE2 now (thanks, dragon with a fire on its tail). That was stupid of me. Is Canyourunit.com accurate?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"]I checked, my PC DOES run AoE2 now (thanks, dragon with a fire on its tail). That was stupid of me. Is Canyourunit.com accurate?

Not really, in my experience, especially if you haven't made your own PC. According to CanYouRunIt.com, I shouldn't be able to play Witcher, Witcher 2, Company of Heroes, Empire: Total War, Mass Effect 2, Skyrim, and more. All of these are games I can run without any problems. On the flip side, there are many games that it will say you can run, but when you DO run them, you'll have framerate drops, or lowest possible settings, or other such problems. It's really great if you custom built your own PC. From the sounds of it, though, you didn't, so I wouldn't rely on the site too much.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"]I checked, my PC DOES run AoE2 now (thanks, dragon with a fire on its tail). That was stupid of me. Is Canyourunit.com accurate?

just right click on "my computer", then properties. give me the RAM, processor and video card and i can tell if you can run or not :P
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 khoofia_pika
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="khoofia_pika"]I checked, my PC DOES run AoE2 now (thanks, dragon with a fire on its tail). That was stupid of me. Is Canyourunit.com accurate?

just right click on "my computer", then properties. give me the RAM, processor and video card and i can tell if you can run or not :P

RAM; 2GB Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU Video card: Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="khoofia_pika"]I checked, my PC DOES run AoE2 now (thanks, dragon with a fire on its tail). That was stupid of me. Is Canyourunit.com accurate?

RAM; 2GB Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU Video card: Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family

well the only thing in the way is the video card, form what i can see (not that the rest is anything but minimum specs). you should've given it a shot during the free weekend, a bunch of PUSH guys had free keys.
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 khoofia_pika
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="khoofia_pika"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] just right click on "my computer", then properties. give me the RAM, processor and video card and i can tell if you can run or not :P

well the only thing in the way is the video card, form what i can see (not that the rest is anything but minimum specs). you should've given it a shot during the free weekend, a bunch of PUSH guys had free keys.

I guess I could just wait a few more months :P
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="khoofia_pika"] RAM; 2GB Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU Video card: Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Familykhoofia_pika

I guess I could just wait a few more months :P

i said that because a friend of mine wasn't sure if he'd be able to run it, but the free weekend showed that he could.

the free weekend also changed his opinion from "it looks interesting" to "HOLY SH!T IT'S A F*CKING REVOLUTION I NEED THIS GAME NOW". seriously, he spent the entire week after the free weekend in a state of shock, mentioning how amazing GW2 was. he said he's going to finish the semester before buying it though, he's afraid if he buys it now, he won't be able to focus on his studies :P

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#30 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Is Canyourunit.com accurate? khoofia_pika
Yuck, site is horrible, use yougamers and game debate.

Enforcedspot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Enforcedspot
Member since 2010 • 2915 Posts
just played halo 4, had lot of fun. :)
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

Sweet lounge, Jon Salchichon:D

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BrunoBRS

Cheleman
your infatuation with sausages and salami gets pretty disturbing sometimes :|
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Cheleman

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

BrunoBRS

:lol::P

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Cheleman"]

Cheleman

isSalchichon a sausage?

Enforcedspot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Enforcedspot
Chaz,I didn't recognize you with your batman avy, :P And where's M3?
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Cheleman

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] your infatuation with sausages and salami gets pretty disturbing sometimes :|Jonwh18

isSalchichon a sausage?

Yap. In spanish:P

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] your infatuation with sausages and salami gets pretty disturbing sometimes :|Jonwh18

isSalchichon a sausage?

not any sausage. a large sausage on a stick.
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Cheleman

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

BrunoBRS

isSalchichon a sausage?

:lol:

you speak spanish man?

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Jonwh18"] isSalchichon a sausage?

Cheleman

you speak spanish man?

i'm brazilian, so i speak portuguese, which means i can understand spanish, since spanish is just an uglier version of portuguese :P i also took some very elementary spanish back in grade school.
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Cheleman

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] not any sausage. a large sausage on a stick.BrunoBRS

you speak spanish man?

i'm brazilian, so i speak portuguese, which means i can understand spanish, since spanish is just an uglier version of portuguese :P i also took some very elementary spanish back in grade school.

ah, I see:P

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#42 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
All doing good today?
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Cheleman

All doing good today?The_Last_Ride

Yap. you?

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BrunoBRS

because why not, here's a picture of blanka with reading goggles:

http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/2/3/3/155233.jpg?v=1

Enforcedspot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Enforcedspot
Hard to believe that we're almost at the end of 2012, Time fly fast.
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

God of War Origins collection is genuinely kind of bad. I mean they're enjoyable when I remind myself they were initially handheld titles but lack of any good puzzles, lackluster boss fights, lost sense of scale and terribly easy (even playing on Hard I'm cruising through them)... meh

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 whiskeystrike

In regards to the military article John linked, the interviewees themselves didn't say anything particularly unexpected but they are correct. Military life can be incredibly boring (which to me is a good thing considering the alternative). Honestly, unless you're in something crazy like the President's top 100 or Delta Force it's like working a regular 8 to 4 job. I was genuinely surprised by just how popular CoD and the BF series were within the barracks but after coming off a day from the range or doing sim flights it's pretty easy to seperate that arcadish game experience from the real deal. No one wants to play a game cleaning an M4 for an afternoon or stare at a battle cam so long you can start to name the rocks.

Even "realistic" portrayal of war, like The Hurt Locker, is incredibly inaccurate. It's hard to replicate the brotherhood, the sense of family. It's hard to replicate making friends all over the place, only to leave them in a short time and never see them again, knowingly so the whole time.

I'm fine with where war games and movies are at right now. They're entertaining, they're fun to play and most of them don't try too hard... and that's fine.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52232 Posts
The first part of your post reminded me of that The Onion video about the CoD sequel, Whiskey. Nice to have your input.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 BrunoBRS
The first part of your post reminded me of that The Onion video about the CoD sequel, Whiskey.freedomfreak
i thought the exact same thing :lol:
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 whiskeystrike

Gotta go watch this