YOU NEED PS+PLUS TO PLAY GAMES ONLINE sony fans how is that better than xbox?

• 184 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

you tell me u were telling me ur games were free to play online is ps+plus free to play?

u need that to play online games so u tell me if thats free an u tell me all this stuff

ProtossX

Guess what we get free PS4 games with Plus also. While MS gives you guys Halo 3 and Assassins creed. What a FVVKin Joke that was. Those games are older than dirt. Drive Club at launch on PS4 with PS+.

strawhatlupi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 strawhatlupi
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts
many failed to realize that Sony ain't competing with itself its competing with MS (and Nintendo). comparing it with xbox a paid online with no DRM bs at $400 is a better deal than a paid online with crap load of DRM at $500.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="AM-Gamer"]

Your right it is, a service that gives you far better value then any service out there including Steam or XBL.

AM-Gamer

...lol better than steam. lol. lollololol

Yes better then steam , Steam gives you no free games, PSN gives you free and discounted games. You keep the discounted ones regardless if you are a member or not.

....lololol my god you are so dumb. you don't pay for steam, steam has vastly more discounts a year and better deeper discounts than ps plus has ever had.
NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11797 Posts

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="AM-Gamer"]

Your right it is, a service that gives you far better value then any service out there including Steam or XBL.

AM-Gamer

...lol better than steam. lol. lollololol

Yes better then steam , Steam gives you no free games, PSN gives you free and discounted games. You keep the discounted ones regardless if you are a member or not.

Steam has daily and weekend deals, for the money you pay for PS+ you can easily get a bucket load of games, you guys have to pay for cloud saves, automatic game updates, "discounted" games, etc we get it all for free

plus the new Steam achievement system is going to put what consoles currently have to shame

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 NoodleFighter

[QUOTE="ProtossX"]

you tell me u were telling me ur games were free to play online is ps+plus free to play?

u need that to play online games so u tell me if thats free an u tell me all this stuff

Mrmedia01

Guess what we get free PS4 games with Plus also. While MS gives you guys Halo 3 and Assassins creed. What a FVVKin Joke that was. Those games are older than dirt. Drive Club at launch on PS4 with PS+.

Cows have been owned

http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/10/4413668/xbox-live-gold-free-games-promotion-e3-2013

curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#156 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts
Difference being mandatory and optional. There is a difference between you MUST show your butt and you can do it if you want____________
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts

plus the new Steam achievement system is going to put what consoles currently have to shame

NoodleFighter
????????????????

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/10/4413668/xbox-live-gold-free-games-promotion-e3-2013

NoodleFighter
haha yeah halo 3 and assassin's creed 2 haha that's great because not everyone owns those yet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
[QUOTE="curono"]Difference being mandatory and optional. There is a difference between you MUST show your butt and you can do it if you want____________

show me your butt
CR00K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#160 CR00K
Member since 2006 • 2657 Posts
I've been paying for Plus for at least 3 years. Don't care. lol Plus gives you a lot. That's my answer.
NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 NoodleFighter

[QUOTE="NoodleFighter"]

Jandurin

????????????????

you'll actually get stuff out of getting achievements with the steam badge steam

curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#162 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="curono"]Difference being mandatory and optional. There is a difference between you MUST show your butt and you can do it if you want____________

show me your butt

Not until you behave. :P
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50561 Posts
[QUOTE="blackace"][QUOTE="MonsieurX"]1)At least you get discounts and "free"(rent) games with PS+ 2)And this is the 10th thread about this already 3)ProtossX thread :lol:

I think you;ll see a lot of these threads, because just about every COW said they wouldn't buy a PS4 if they had to Pay for Online. Now many of them are backtracking, saying it's a GOOD THING. If was the worse thing every when XBox fans was paying for XBL to play online. Now that the PS4 has it, everything is fine and dandy. XBL will now give subscribers TWO FREE games every month. I'm wonder if we will be able to use Netflix now without a GOLD membership. You will be with the PS4.

Link of all these cows saying this? I'll wait.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="NoodleFighter"]

NoodleFighter

????????????????

you'll actually get stuff out of getting achievements with the steam badge steam

oh this stupid badge thing fvck that noise
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50561 Posts
[QUOTE="AM-Gamer"]

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"] ...lol better than steam. lol. lollolololWilliamRLBaker

....lololol my god you are so dumb. you don't pay for steam, steam has vastly more discounts a year and better deeper discounts than ps plus has ever had.

You are in no place to be calling anyone dumb. And I mean anyone.
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#166 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
WiiU is better after all.... !!!!!
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#167 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

sony is screwing with their fanbase. i stopped supporting their greed since yesterday. ps+ won't be getting my money. :(

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

This honestly sucks. I thought they would go for favoritism instead of subscription moniez. I blame microsoft.

I guess I'll just have to deal with it :(

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts

I knew idiots would latch onto this one point. Also what a horribly written OP

Bottom line is it's one small gripe in a sea of goodness. The good outweight the bad completely and XBone still has some really dodgy DRM and anti cinsumer policies in place with a high price. Sony is the opposite, THAT'S why it's better

seanmcloughlin
What do Microsoft's DRM and anti consumer policies have to do with Sony charging for Online? That's a completely different topic. This entire generation PS fans have been using PSN being free as ammo, now they also have to pay for online play.
FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

I knew idiots would latch onto this one point. Also what a horribly written OP

Bottom line is it's one small gripe in a sea of goodness. The good outweight the bad completely and XBone still has some really dodgy DRM and anti cinsumer policies in place with a high price. Sony is the opposite, THAT'S why it's better

AAllxxjjnn

What do Microsoft's DRM and anti consumer policies have to do with Sony charging for Online? That's a completely different topic. This entire generation PS fans have been using PSN being free as ammo, now they also have to pay for online play.

I detest paying for online. In fact, I'm not sure if I'll even buy a PS4 (probably will for MG,FF and a few other games at some point).

The problem I always had with XBLG is not that your paying for a service, it's that you paid for nothing. Let me clarify again that I hate paying for online... BUT if you had to, PS+ actually gives you things worth the $5 a month (allot of games) versus just access to the internet.

The funny thing is a day before the conference I actually contemplated subscribing to PS+ for a few games I don't have and that's on a PS3 where online is still free.

Odd timing indeed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

The funny thing is a day before the conference I actually contemplated subscribing to PS+ for a few games I don't have and that's on a PS3 where online is still free.

FragTycoon
i know exactly what you mean in fact i just bought ps+ from best buy (it's 40 dollars for a year if your a reward zone gamers club member (which is free)) but i'm still irritated by the ps4
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

Well it operates with no DRM which is how it should be. Otherwise though, paying for online is shit no if ands or buts. 

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#173 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts
Is it true every user on the same PS4 console would have to pay for PSbust to play online?
AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#174 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

ProtossX
You need exactly the same thing to play offline single player games on Xbone. Isnt that better ?! Damage control xbots all over!
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
I detest paying for online. In fact, I'm not sure if I'll even buy a PS4 (probably will for MG,FF and a few other games at some point).

The problem I always had with XBLG is not that your paying for a service, it's that you paid for nothing. Let me clarify again that I hate paying for online... BUT if you had to, PS+ actually gives you things worth the $5 a month (allot of games) versus just access to the internet.

Odd timing indeed.

FragTycoon
Totally agree. I wouldn't mind paying 50 a year if I got dedicated servers for first party titles, but you don't with Xbox, you're still on p2p, even with the Xbox Live party chats. And having a paywall for apps like netflix is absolute bull****.
FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 FragTycoon

[QUOTE="FragTycoon"]

Jandurin

i know exactly what you mean in fact i just bought ps+ from best buy (it's 40 dollars for a year if your a reward zone gamers club member (which is free)) but i'm still irritated by the ps4

I'm irritated too... I still don't think they needed to make it mandatory.... just more appealing.

It turned me into a "I'll buy it at some point" person rather then a "day one".

Having said that... there really isn't another console option. Nintendo don't make games I like any more and XBO is pointless if you have a PC or like human rights.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

I'm irritated too... I still don't think they needed to make it mandatory.... just more appealing.

It turned me into a "I'll buy it at some point" person rather then a "day one".

Having said that... there really isn't another console option. Nintendo don't make games I like any more and XBO is pointless if you have a PC or like human rights.

FragTycoon
yep though i was never ever gonna buy any of this gen consoles day 1 and i can't ever see a future where i'll buy the xbox one instead of like another PC
FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 FragTycoon

Is it true every user on the same PS4 console would have to pay for PSbust to play online?gago-gago

No just one... I saw it some ware.. have no link sorry.

OH and what do you mean by "PSbust"?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#179 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61486 Posts

Oh God, he's back.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

f2play weekends piss me offJandurin

cause it's over too fast?

nolson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 nolson
Member since 2003 • 1141 Posts
so much lem damage control all over system wars lol
PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts
[QUOTE="ithilgore2006"]One con does not equal 5 pros. The Xbox has about 5 cons and no pros in this area.

Those pros aren't really pros, though. They are just basic expectations that every console should meet, and every one released with the exception of the XB1, have met. That con weighs very heavily, to the point that the PS4 just isn't worth a purchase in my eyes. Sony's exclusive lineup is good, but it's not that good. I will just put the money I would have spent on a next-gen console into my gaming PC this gen, so I will have a bitchin' pc, rather than mid-range like I've always done in the past.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

so much lem damage control all over system wars lolnolson

how is it damage control?

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka