Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#101 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

@parkurtommo said:

@clyde46 said:

Games should be fun from the start, not 20 levels in.

Well that's kinda weird coming from a PC gamer... All sorts of PC exclusives have rough starts and slowly escalate in to something exceptional. Strategy games as a whole for example, or Mount and Blade (Warband), the STALKER series, MOBAs... All of these usually give off a terrible first impression, until you dig deeper.

There is a major difference here, any investment in Stalker or Mobas or something like say Monster Hunter, isn't about grinding to get equipment or doing stale shit, it's about the player learning the game. In theory the opening hours of Dota 2 can go easy for a player if he/she knows what they are doing, the time it takes is more about learning the nuances of the game, and getting good at it.

That is completely different from what Destiny is. There is nothing to it, it's a shallower game than your examples.

Hmm true dat.

I guess you just have to be "that type of person" to enjoy Destiny. You know, the kind of people who can actually bare more than 1 hour of continuous mmo gameplay.

General_Solo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102 General_Solo76
Member since 2013 • 578 Posts

We just don't like it! Plain and simple

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

: Oh look....the trolls are out on full force in this thread.

As if it's not clear to everyone that PC gamers are thrilled that Destiny isn't the second coming. This conversation came up on another forum...I didn't mention PC gamers specifically....yet someone guessed....so, yeah....it's clear to a lot of ppl.

@roler42 Have your conversation with or without the PC gamers being happy idea.....I don't care...but don't act like I'm targetting specific ppl here....I'm saying PC gamers in general...if some PC gamers feel offended....maybe thats b/c they are guilty of it.

The only one trying to make this something about specific ppl is you.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog: You are the one who started crying about PC gamers, not me, we are talking about Destiny and why it wasn't too well recieved and you start to derail the topic bringing up PC gamers in the first place

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@roler42 said:

@mr_huggles_dog: You are the one who started crying about PC gamers, not me, we are talking about Destiny and why it wasn't too well recieved and you start to derail the topic bringing up PC gamers in the first place

You're claiming that I'm doing it b/c I can't let go some history between ppl here that are PC gamers....or that PC gamers have made me question life or some shit.

It's not that grand.

It's the fact that I've seen countless happy posts, NOT ONLY HERE, from known PC gamers about Destiny not being second coming and getting mediocre reviews. Again....other ppl see it.

You're reading too muc into this....stop....this isn't a Nancy Drew mistery.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#106 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

A few more level gains and some exotic gear and the only thing left to do will be some raiding with the clan.

@heretrix said:

I just did my first strike last night (Russia). Holy shit did I enjoy the hell out of it. Destiny has it's flaws but like Borderlands before it, the shooting mechanics are rock solid and that's why I enjoy it.

Yeah, the strikes are fun for a while, but soon become very repetitive. Bungie needs to add at least a few more soon.

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

I believe Destiny was meant to be the ultimate online game but look how that turn out lol

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#108 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@CroidX: Limited to a fireteam of 3 for missions and patrol. And up to a 6 for raids and PvP... With the tower having a limited amount of players inhabiting it.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#109  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@parkurtommo said:

@jg4xchamp said:

There is a major difference here, any investment in Stalker or Mobas or something like say Monster Hunter, isn't about grinding to get equipment or doing stale shit, it's about the player learning the game. In theory the opening hours of Dota 2 can go easy for a player if he/she knows what they are doing, the time it takes is more about learning the nuances of the game, and getting good at it.

That is completely different from what Destiny is. There is nothing to it, it's a shallower game than your examples.

Hmm true dat.

I guess you just have to be "that type of person" to enjoy Destiny. You know, the kind of people who can actually bare more than 1 hour of continuous mmo gameplay.

Yeah basically there is a difference between what that gif is, vs what the initial period of Stalker or a Moba is. One is learning the game, the other? I mean it's 12 Years A Slave the video game.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#110  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22693 Posts

@CroidX: I think if you're referring to the vanilla game, sure... However let's see where the game is a year from now.. I feel like the game plays well enough where some smart additions to the design will put it where they want it. **** the story though. It's so disappointing.

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#111 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

I'm only a level 9 ATM and I'm loving the game. I dunno why the hate.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#112  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:
I mean it's 12 Years A Slave the video game.

dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts

Hmm, looks like Kevin Vanord and Angry Joe are of the same mind when it comes for scoring 6/10 for Destiny. I wonder why?

Loading Video...

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 TheEroica  Moderator

I'm starting think there is a misconception on this game, or possibly an overreaction to an extent. The game hasn't grown long in the tooth for me yet and I'm enjoying the post level 20 grind. I'm playing 90% through the story missions which are fun enough in gameplay though completely vapid in narrative. I like all the strikes and I've even been satisfied with the loot drops for the most part.

I don't know, I'm enjoying the game overall quite a bit. It's crazy approachable and I've found reasons to return to each map and explore a little deeper and I haven't burnt out on looting. Patrolling Mars is pretty satisfying.

I don't see a game like watchdogs where it's a drab lifeless husk of boredom... I see a pretty approachable FPS with some legit redundancy concerns for those who have gotten close to maxing out the first wave of content. I get it, and I actually think there are some other issues that stick out as well, but I look forward to blowing off steam after work trolling the planets and picking up gear.

I think the article in Hindsight is maybe more than a touch overly dramatic and I think it's easy to see a middle ground in this case...

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Its a High Budget version of Candy Crush, built specifically to waste your time in the least interesting way possible.... By Levelling Up,

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Its a High Budget version of Candy Crush, built specifically to waste your time in the least interesting way possible.... By Levelling Up,

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I just cannot imagine wanting to play this game on my PS3. I'd be mildly interested if it were on the PC. I'd pay about $10 for it.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

I just cannot imagine wanting to play this game on my PS3. I'd be mildly interested if it were on the PC. I'd pay about $10 for it.

I think what they did on the PS3 was very smart. For a limited time (until Jan) you can buy the PS3 version and then upgrade to a PS4 version for free. It will probably be my first PS4 game, whenever I decide to pick one up..It's becoming a factor in my buying on before the end of the year.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#119 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@TheEroica said:

I'm starting think there is a misconception on this game, or possibly an overreaction to an extent. The game hasn't grown long in the tooth for me yet and I'm enjoying the post level 20 grind. I'm playing 90% through the story missions which are fun enough in gameplay though completely vapid in narrative. I like all the strikes and I've even been satisfied with the loot drops for the most part.

I don't know, I'm enjoying the game overall quite a bit. It's crazy approachable and I've found reasons to return to each map and explore a little deeper and I haven't burnt out on looting. Patrolling Mars is pretty satisfying.

I don't see a game like watchdogs where it's a drab lifeless husk of boredom... I see a pretty approachable FPS with some legit redundancy concerns for those who have gotten close to maxing out the first wave of content. I get it, and I actually think there are some other issues that stick out as well, but I look forward to blowing off steam after work trolling the planets and picking up gear.

I think the article in Hindsight is maybe more than a touch overly dramatic and I think it's easy to see a middle ground in this case...

First piece of "post-game" content since the raid is out: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-queens-wrath-live-reactions-legendary-loot/1100-6422497/

2 missions that yield 2 legendary loot, the kicker?

"It appears that these are not new missions, but instead remixes of campaign levels with a certain modifier in place, which only appear once you arrive at your destination. As you may expect, the difficulty of these missions can be particularly hard, with Erick encountering challenges suitable for Level 24 characters."

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#120 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

I'll admit I'm disappointed in destiny. The gameplay is good but after finishing the story or lack of one, there isn't much left to do. Grinding is not much fun either and I don't have enough friends or time to do the raid. I got my money's worth but I think it's time to move on.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@jg4xchamp: yeah see that ain't what's gonna git e'r done now is it...

I haven't looked but is there a release schedule to see what they have cooking? We touched on potential pitfalls of future dlc being held up by limitations to the last gen consoles, and this sort of dlc reflects that possibly. Doesn't seem like a game changer.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

Had my first frustrating Destiny night where I scored some legendary engram only to have it turn into a blue weapon, played three missions including two strikes and beat the game and my level 23 hunter didn't level an iota...

I see the frustration now. The game is actually more fun UNDER level 20 and when you arrive at 20 you are funneled through ridiculous currency systems and luck of the draw weapon drops that often don't go your way... Yeah, I'm getting close to being able to accurately judge this game for me.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#123 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

Borderlands>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Destiny

I dont even like Borderlands