bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Exactly. These games just feed off ppls addictive personalties, rather than actually being any good.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22694 Posts

@kuu2: not tc kuu, that's the name of the article. I personally think Destiny is let down in many respects, namely the narrative I was hoping for is no where to be found. I am enjoying the gunplay quit a bit though. I just hit level 20 and get to tackle a few things before I'm gonna cast definitive judgement on it.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts
@bussinrounds said:

Exactly. These games just feed off ppls addictive personalties, rather than actually being any good.

That statement has no validity other than it can be said about any game.

Counter Strike and TF2 are played by many and I'm guessing many are addicted to the games....same could be said about those games considering there are ppl that don't like them.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog:

Actually, believe it or not, some games don't revolve around doing the same mindless shit over and over again. I know it's tough to imagine such a thing.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#55 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I just did my first strike last night (Russia). Holy shit did I enjoy the hell out of it. Destiny has it's flaws but like Borderlands before it, the shooting mechanics are rock solid and that's why I enjoy it.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 TheEroica  Moderator

@heretrix: yeah see I'm feeling the same. I can't say I hate the game, despite the obvious flaws because I can't stop playing it. Did a few strikes today, leveled to my first light level (21) and keep ping-ponging from missions to the tower collecting on bounties and dealing with loot... I'm mostly down on the fact that it's not as grand and story driven as I'd hoped but I'm still spending time with it, and enjoying what's there.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

@TheEroica: Got it. I really don't understand why excuses need to be made for this game or any game for that matter. No one forces these companies to put out substandard product.

Take your time, make a fun game, and support it.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#58  Edited By SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts
@TheEroica said:
Further, This judgement we have of games quality at the point of release, and whether its fair to put a black and white stamp onto a game that could potentially grow into something (different,augmented/better? take your pick) later on down the line is an interesting addition to an already intriguing industry. Sure the argument has always been there, but it shines on a game like Destiny.

There have been very few games that have ever improved upon a crappy opening experience to go on to be amazing. Maybe 1 in 100, the only one I can think of off the top of my head is LoL, which got mediocre reviews and interest when it was first released.

Personally, I rented the game for 3 days, I experienced all the game had to offer in that time. I was really not impressed. There are many games that do every aspect of Destiny better. Borderlands and Warframe do the co-op shooter experience way better and have way more content at release, they also handle loot and progression much better. There are plenty of better competitive MP shooters out there that feel the same or even better than the Crucible. Pretty much any sci-fi shooter will have a better story and progression.

I am tired of the marketing hype that is turning mediocre games into the second coming of Jesus. Destiny is a mediocre game that is severely lacking in content at launch. There is nothing to do at the level cap but grind the same 5 strikes and PvP. And you can be sure that they will add back the content that that was deliberately cut from launch as paid DLC in a few months.

EDIT: I just went back and read that article and Oh, My, God is he shilling for Activision. People paid $60 for a $60 experience not $20 worth of content that you repeat ad nauseum with the promise of more to be added later. I guarantee you that you will not get any additional story content or worlds added for free, that will be coming in paid expansions. This crap about waiting for the game to improve before passing judgement is asinine and is exactly why the mega-publishers think they can sell us a bare-bones experience for full retail price with the "promise" of improvements down the line. I said after watching Danny's video yesterday I was going to tone down the intensity, but this s*** absolutely makes my blood boil.

I am tired of being lied to by game devs/publishers so that they can hook people on a day 1 purchase before anyone has had a chance to review the final product. And I am tired of them cutting content out of a game so that they can sell it back as DLC then claiming that the game is more than it appears. And I am tired of being told by corporate shills and apologist that a clearly mediocre game is something amazing underneath and I'm playing it wrong.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

This guy on twitch (mufasaprime) lost his level 28 titan this morning for dying on hard class, and he started playing all over again as if it was no biggie. SMH Its hard for me to find the fun factor in that. Id be done with anything Destiny if it were me.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@bldgirsh said:

@silversix_ said:

Did a 2 man weekly Nightfall today (me lev26 and the other guy lev25) was hard as F*CK but i enjoyed it a lot. This is the kind of content i want from this game.

2 man weekly nightfall 0_o Man, maybe I should do 3 man level 27's before it's done lol.

The worst part is that i got a crappy legendary shotty and the guy with me got 11 shards... Such reward lol i was expecting an exotic for each but nope

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

One thing that really bugs me is just how lame the loot is, guns never get wildly different. That's one thing borderlands at least did right, powerful hardware with interesting effects not just bigger numbers.

Borderlands is shit btw.

achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts

I'm really enjoying my time with the game so far, the combat, worlds, and things to do are great. I've spent most of my time in deathmatch and control which are a ton of fun.

Don't understand the hate, especially from those who haven't played the final release for more than 20 minutes. But hey to each their own, many love the Uncharted games while I find them complete shit :) It's weird how some people can't accept that not everyone loves Destiny...

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 heretrix

@SerOlmy said:
@TheEroica said:
Further, This judgement we have of games quality at the point of release, and whether its fair to put a black and white stamp onto a game that could potentially grow into something (different,augmented/better? take your pick) later on down the line is an interesting addition to an already intriguing industry. Sure the argument has always been there, but it shines on a game like Destiny.

There have been very few games that have ever improved upon a crappy opening experience to go on to be amazing. Maybe 1 in 100, the only one I can think of off the top of my head is LoL, which got mediocre reviews and interest when it was first released.

Personally, I rented the game for 3 days, I experienced all the game had to offer in that time. I was really not impressed. There are many games that do every aspect of Destiny better. Borderlands and Warframe do the co-op shooter experience way better and have way more content at release, they also handle loot and progression much better. There are plenty of better competitive MP shooters out there that feel the same or even better than the Crucible. Pretty much any sci-fi shooter will have a better story and progression.

I am tired of the marketing hype that is turning mediocre games into the second coming of Jesus. Destiny is a mediocre game that is severely lacking in content at launch. There is nothing to do at the level cap but grind the same 5 strikes and PvP. And you can be sure that they will add back the content that that was deliberately cut from launch as paid DLC in a few months.

EDIT: I just went back and read that article and Oh, My, God is he shilling for Activision. People paid $60 for a $60 experience not $20 worth of content that you repeat ad nauseum with the promise of more to be added later. I guarantee you that you will not get any additional story content or worlds added for free, that will be coming in paid expansions. This crap about waiting for the game to improve before passing judgement is asinine and is exactly why the mega-publishers think they can sell us a bare-bones experience for full retail price with the "promise" of improvements down the line. I said after watching Danny's video yesterday I was going to tone down the intensity, but this s*** absolutely makes my blood boil.

I am tired of being lied to by game devs/publishers so that they can hook people on a day 1 purchase before anyone has had a chance to review the final product. And I am tired of them cutting content out of a game so that they can sell it back as DLC then claiming that the game is more than it appears. And I am tired of being told by corporate shills and apologist that a clearly mediocre game is something amazing underneath and I'm playing it wrong.

Don't be tired of the marketing hype, get tired of your gullibility.

I don't understand how people buy into the same shit over and over again then have the nerve to be pissed off because you couldn't see the momentous load of bullshit marketing actually is, even though it's super obvious from the go. Don't blame anyone but yourself. Why does anyone listen to AAA developers these days? In the end they are trying to sell you something and with hundreds of millions of dollars at stake I really don't expect much honesty from them.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#64 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

@heretrix: You misunderstand. I didn't buy the game, I knew after renting it it wasn't worth $60 or anything close to it. I simply wish one of these AAA games this year would live up to the hype. So far Titanfail, WatchDogs, and Destiny have all been various shades of mediocre. My point is that I'm not mad because they lied about a shitty game and I bought it (I learned my lesson with A:CM and will never pre-order an embargoed game again), I'm mad because I can't trust ANYTHING coming out of the gaming press prior to release of a AAA title.

If the devs and mega-publishers took half the money they are spending on ads and funnel it back into development we might actually get games that live up to the hype or at least come close. The way the industry is now, hype is the only thing that matters, catch as many rubes on the day-1 buy as you can and f*** all long term plans and credibility. That's why you are seeing many of these AAA games in the bargain bin 1-2 months after launch - Thief 3, Titanfail, WatchDogs just as a few examples form this year.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 heretrix

@kuu2 said:No one forces these companies to put out substandard product.

You've never worked for a large corporation before have you? That's pretty routine. The thing you have to consider is that the people making the real decisions don't know shit about the product they are pushing, all they know is the bottom line. This is why you have a guy that used to run a can goods company (Bobby Kotick) running a video game publisher..Nothing else matters so if the game or product you are making has that much money behind it, they want results and FAST. Quality isn't as important has having the or product on the shelf, because then they can market it any way they want, if the company is big enough and has a strong marketing team.

Quality doesn't mean shit these days in a large corporation.I see it first hand on a daily basis.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 heretrix

@TheEroica said:

@heretrix: yeah see I'm feeling the same. I can't say I hate the game, despite the obvious flaws because I can't stop playing it. Did a few strikes today, leveled to my first light level (21) and keep ping-ponging from missions to the tower collecting on bounties and dealing with loot... I'm mostly down on the fact that it's not as grand and story driven as I'd hoped but I'm still spending time with it, and enjoying what's there.

Dat story..Pure suckage. I find that like with Diablo 3, if the mechanics are tight I can (kind of) deal with a shitty story. If the game is fun to play then I can give it a pass. I'm far more forgiving of that than the reverse (shitty controls). It's probably why I'm not a big fan of TLOU. I don't think that the controls are all that shitty, I just didn't gel with the combat. I give them big respect for the story and characters though. They nailed that shit.

I think that Bungie should have gotten regular VG voice actors rather than all of the A list actors they paid to do voice work (If you know your actors, there are a lot of them in it). For me it's pretty distracting to hear Lance Reddick from The Wire and Fringe giving me strike mission orders..Peter Dinklage is a fantastic actor but the shit he had to read would have probably been better with a seasoned video game actor than "The dude from Game of Thrones". It's a different skill set and a VG voice actor can read shitty VG dialog better than most A list actors.. I think they took the story too seriously and completely misread how average it was.

I remember reading an interview with Dan Houser about GTA and why they stopped bringing in Hollywood actors to do voice work on the games and I totally agree with him, it completely takes you out of it.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 TheEroica  Moderator

@heretrix said:

@TheEroica said:

Dat story..Pure suckage. I find that like with Diablo 3, if the mechanics are tight I can (kind of) deal with a shitty story. If the game is fun to play then I can give it a pass. I'm far more forgiving of that than the reverse (shitty controls). It's probably why I'm not a big fan of TLOU. I don't think that the controls are all that shitty, I just didn't gel with the combat. I give them big respect for the story and characters though. They nailed that shit.

I think that Bungie should have gotten regular VG voice actors rather than all of the A list actors they paid to do voice work (If you know your actors, there are a lot of them in it). For me it's pretty distracting to hear Lance Reddick from The Wire and Fringe giving me strike mission orders..Peter Dinklage is a fantastic actor but the shit he had to read would have probably been better with a seasoned video game actor than "The dude from Game of Thrones". It's a different skill set and a VG voice actor can read shitty VG dialog better than most A list actors.. I think they took the story too seriously and completely misread how average it was.

I remember reading an interview with Dan Houser about GTA and why they stopped bringing in Hollywood actors to do voice work on the games and I totally agree with him, it completely takes you out of it.

I 100% agree with this. My thought process during an Illusive Man scene.. "hey its Martin Sheen ----> Apocalypse Now was kinda boring --------> Charlie Sheen, haha Tiger blood ----------> Major League was better.....

I don't look at having big name talent as an asset, I look at it like its a distraction.... it actually throws me in movies too... In Toy Story, where is Woody's box of Chocolates? and did he ever find Wilson? :(

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#68 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@heretrix said:

@TheEroica said:

Man that's as much about direction as the actor.

Peter Dinklage was just a poor choice, dude has never been a great actor in terms of delivery. His appeal is body language and his mannerisms in how he reacts to shit is what makes him good, but if you ask him to read a line with some energy or pathos? pfft, it's kind of laughable, his court sequence from this past season? not saying it was straight atrocious, but it wasn't exactly Omar in court either.

The rest of the cast has to work around a poor script, and a non-existent one as well. They wasted Bender on the gunsmith guy, like what? what was the point? That character could be replaced with a vending machine and nothing of value would have been lost. Ditto for everyone else in that tower.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

If you're having fun and enjoying the game then who cares. That's what makes a game good, not someone else's opinion which often come from people that don't play it or never have.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@TheEroica said:

Good buddy @Heil68 passed this along to me and thought it was interesting, apologies if it was previously posted.

Nor do its RPG elements make it simply Halo with levelling. Its scope goes much wider than that. It isn’t a mook-grinding, loot-grabbing, Borderlands 2.5 either. Its focus is much more precise, and intricate than that.

You know you're playing it, and you know the early complaints have merit... question is, are you enjoying it more as it goes on and is it heading from a 6/10 upwards?

Reviews are there to help me buy a game now. If the game changes then it needs to be reviewed again. However right now destiny is not worth my money and the scores should and do reflect that.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By heretrix

@jg4xchamp said:

@heretrix said:

@TheEroica said:

Man that's as much about direction as the actor.

Peter Dinklage was just a poor choice, dude has never been a great actor in terms of delivery. His appeal is body language and his mannerisms in how he reacts to shit is what makes him good, but if you ask him to read a line with some energy or pathos? pfft, it's kind of laughable, his court sequence from this past season? not saying it was straight atrocious, but it wasn't exactly Omar in court either.

The rest of the cast has to work around a poor script, and a non-existent one as well. They wasted Bender on the gunsmith guy, like what? what was the point? That character could be replaced with a vending machine and nothing of value would have been lost. Ditto for everyone else in that tower.

True, true. Exactly. For the "quality" of the script there was no need to go high budget like that. When I was doing patrols I heard at least 5 characters that made me go, Really? The hired him for that? I think I even heard the dude that played Dexter's father (James Remar) in there. WTF?

Omar in court- LOL. Big time. That is some funny shit right there.

FFS- I just went to IMDB. Facepalm. They used Claudia Black as a vendor and not as the fucking Queen?

ghod.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@bldgirsh said:

@silversix_ said:

Did a 2 man weekly Nightfall today (me lev26 and the other guy lev25) was hard as F*CK but i enjoyed it a lot. This is the kind of content i want from this game.

2 man weekly nightfall 0_o Man, maybe I should do 3 man level 27's before it's done lol.

The worst part is that i got a crappy legendary shotty and the guy with me got 11 shards... Such reward lol i was expecting an exotic for each but nope

Oh god the looting system is such crap lol. Did the raid and all I got until the final boss was ascendant shards. PvP I would get first constantly and the guy who idles and goes 0-10 gets the legendaries/exotics while I get nothing.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Mr_Huggles_dog

@bussinrounds said:

@mr_huggles_dog:

Actually, believe it or not, some games don't revolve around doing the same mindless shit over and over again. I know it's tough to imagine such a thing.

Not the point so thanks for dodging it....you really got me there.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#74 jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts
@mr_huggles_dog said:
@bussinrounds said:

Counter Strike and TF2 are played by many and I'm guessing many are addicted to the games....same could be said about those games considering there are ppl that don't like them.

CS and TF2 have a very specific focus, and are not trying to be something they're not. Destiny on the other hand, tries to please single player gamers, pvp'ers, grinders, MMO'ers etc. It tries to be open world without really being open world. It doesn't quite do anything that well. The grinding can be addictive at times, but is cut short really quickly.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#75 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

The game is fun at level 1 and keeps getting better. The game is heavily focused on co-op so if your playing alone and not having fun then it is time to buy some friends. Wish I could play now.

I'm playing alone and I'm level 1 and the game is good.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@jhcho2 said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:
@bussinrounds said:

CS and TF2 have a very specific focus, and are not trying to be something they're not. Destiny on the other hand, tries to please single player gamers, pvp'ers, grinders, MMO'ers etc. It tries to be open world without really being open world. It doesn't quite do anything that well. The grinding can be addictive at times, but is cut short really quickly.

Why do they have to be trying to please everyone and not just trying to give a complete game?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 jg4xchamp

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@bussinrounds said:

What? that's a totally irrelevant comparison.

Counter Strike isn't about getting loot and gear and shit to keep people addicted, it's legit just how good the game is. Destiny all of it revolves around going for gear, and the mp/campaign/raid/strikes are built to celebrate the idea of you getting better gear, with better numbers. It's not about skill, it's about how much of your time you are willing to have invested to unlock shit.

Counter Strike? you play because the actual game of wanting to be better than the other team, the satisfaction comes from actually being good at the game.

TF2 admittedly added in hats, but they are cosmetic and shit. Otherwise the MP was going strong WAY before they added that shit and created a F2P model.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#78 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@TheEroica: That's an excellent article, and i totally agree. The game has just become better and better the more i play it.

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@Couth_ said:

@handssss said:

I'm a 27 in Destiny with far more time than 20 hours spent so far and I've gotten a fair deal into the raid.

All this fanboy defense of Bungie and the game I've seen (mostly on Bungie.net) is truly pathetic. People need to accept that the game was horribly overhyped, advertising was misleading, the loot system is god awful, the story (the 1 thing I actually expected to be grear for sure) was practically non-existent, pvp is handled poorly in both balance and rewards, the amount of content is lacking,etc.

I don't give 1 flying **** that Bungie is going to add more to the game later, even if it is free. I paid for a complete experience NOW. If the game is so poor without whatever the hell they are withholding that I should save my judgment for then, I'd have to say in response that Bungie sold me an incomplete game at full price and I should be compensated. Hell, we better get at least 1 expansion that adds a shitton of content FOR FREE otherwise I see no reason to sink more money into this barebones disappointment.

And don't listen to all the asshats trying to justify the game's flaws by claiming that "it's an MMO and that explains why X is the way that it is". This game is about as much of an MMO as Mario Kart is a sim racer.

Dat Ether

that shit that make your soul burn slow

Is he Dame Diddy, Dame Daddy or Dame Dummy?...

NoahProa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 NoahProa
Member since 2014 • 70 Posts

@parkurtommo said:

@clyde46 said:

Games should be fun from the start, not 20 levels in.

Well that's kinda weird coming from a PC gamer... All sorts of PC exclusives have rough starts and slowly escalate in to something exceptional. Strategy games as a whole for example, or Mount and Blade (Warband), the STALKER series, MOBAs... All of these usually give off a terrible first impression, until you dig deeper.

Mount and Blade war band is exceptional fro the start. And the multiplayer is simply phenomenal

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

I have not played Destiny yet...

But did the article in the OP just tell people they were hallucinating if they are not having fun with Destiny?!! what the hell...

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

i understand destiny, i just dont like it

#**** destiny

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#83 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I bet there's some truth to it. It doesn't change the fact that it's a console shooter though. Maybe if there will be a more complete PC version I'd be interested.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

The damage control for this game is just getting delicious.

hahahaha

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Bread_or_Decide

@AzatiS said:

@TheEroica said:

Good buddy @Heil68 passed this along to me and thought it was interesting, apologies if it was previously posted.

Nor do its RPG elements make it simply Halo with levelling. Its scope goes much wider than that. It isn’t a mook-grinding, loot-grabbing, Borderlands 2.5 either. Its focus is much more precise, and intricate than that.

You know you're playing it, and you know the early complaints have merit... question is, are you enjoying it more as it goes on and is it heading from a 6/10 upwards?

People that like to farm all day long the same areas , again and again because of the "loot" obsession doesnt mean Destiny is a good game. ... Its not , sorry. Being addicted to loot doesnt necessarily transform games mechanics , level design , the way game works in general and the feel of it.

I know how does loot addiction feels but that alone doesnt make a game good , just addictive. Dont get confused with that.

Agreed. Gamers can get hooked on anything that doesn't make it GOOD.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@Vaasman said:

They're right, I don't understand Destiny.

Which is why I choose not to play it.

And listening ti Champ explain how bad it is, I can easily wait for them to work on it and make it more appealing to me.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@jg4xchamp said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@bussinrounds said:

Counter Strike isn't about getting loot and gear and shit to keep people addicted, it's legit just how good the game is. Destiny all of it revolves around going for gear, and the mp/campaign/raid/strikes are built to celebrate the idea of you getting better gear, with better numbers. It's not about skill, it's about how much of your time you are willing to have invested to unlock shit.

Counter Strike? you play because the actual game of wanting to be better than the other team, the satisfaction comes from actually being good at the game.

TF2 admittedly added in hats, but they are cosmetic and shit. Otherwise the MP was going strong WAY before they added that shit and created a F2P model.

The gameplay can still be addicting.....just b/c one things addicts some ppl and another thing addicts others doesn't make the point irrelevant.

They can both be addicting.

Funny enough...the thing that keeps me coming back to Destiny....is, in fact, the gameplay....which everyone says is what stand out in the game. Which makes me think....all these ppl say gameplay is the thing thats most important....but when you have good gameplay...as long as the cool thing to do is hate on something then gameplay is no longer the most important thing.

So many ppl say graphics don't matter.....it's gameplay. Ok...so whats wrong with this game if everyone says the gameplay is acutally the good thing about it?

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Bread_or_Decide

BAH this is going to be just like borderlands where the sequel ends up being the game to get.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#89 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I never completely understood what Destiny was trying to be. For this reason, I was never hyped for it. With the reviews out, it seems others have a similar perspective. Glad to see I'm not missing too much. If it ever comes to PC, I might give it a try on sale.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog: Because you can find the excact same gameplay everywhere else

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 jg4xchamp

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@jg4xchamp said:

The gameplay can still be addicting.....just b/c one things addicts some ppl and another thing addicts others doesn't make the point irrelevant.

They can both be addicting.

Funny enough...the thing that keeps me coming back to Destiny....is, in fact, the gameplay....which everyone says is what stand out in the game. Which makes me think....all these ppl say gameplay is the thing thats most important....but when you have good gameplay...as long as the cool thing to do is hate on something then gameplay is no longer the most important thing.

So many ppl say graphics don't matter.....it's gameplay. Ok...so whats wrong with this game if everyone says the gameplay is acutally the good thing about it?

In this instance I would completely disagree with the gameplay being good. Mechanically the shooting is solid, the rest of it? not so much. But we can agree to disagree there.

Regardless his argument was based on the nature that the loot stuff isn't about some mastery of the game, but more about the game taking advantage of his time. His argument was it was addictive for essentially a lesser reason than people addicted to Counterstrike, or put it another way how you are addicted to the game: less loot, more gameplay.

So the Counterstrike example vs what he was saying doesn't exactly work.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 jg4xchamp

@parkurtommo said:

@clyde46 said:

Games should be fun from the start, not 20 levels in.

Well that's kinda weird coming from a PC gamer... All sorts of PC exclusives have rough starts and slowly escalate in to something exceptional. Strategy games as a whole for example, or Mount and Blade (Warband), the STALKER series, MOBAs... All of these usually give off a terrible first impression, until you dig deeper.

There is a major difference here, any investment in Stalker or Mobas or something like say Monster Hunter, isn't about grinding to get equipment or doing stale shit, it's about the player learning the game. In theory the opening hours of Dota 2 can go easy for a player if he/she knows what they are doing, the time it takes is more about learning the nuances of the game, and getting good at it.

That is completely different from what Destiny is. There is nothing to it, it's a shallower game than your examples.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Mr_Huggles_dog

@roler42: Then that only goes to show that graphics should matter....but no one ever says that.

There are tons of games with the "same gameplay" that ppl find quite fun...yet this one is bad. Why? B.c there was so much hype ppl want to hate it....and b/c PC gamers wanted it to fail from day 1.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@roler42: Then that only goes to show that graphics should matter....but no one ever says that.

There are tons of games with the "same gameplay" that ppl find quite fun...yet this one is bad. Why? B.c there was so much hype ppl want to hate it....and b/c PC gamers wanted it to fail from day 1.

Yep, PC gamers are the reason why Destiny is getting average scores!

*sits at desk with white kitten laughing maniacally*

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Why so mad? Yes the game had hype but Bungie are responsible for that. They promised but never delivered. Also, your obsession with vilifying PC gamers in every single post is somewhat amusing.

GamersJustGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 GamersJustGame
Member since 2014 • 323 Posts

@TheEroica: Lets call a spade a spade....... Its a wannabe Halo impersonation that failed. People thought it was the next big thing and bought into the hype, but it flopped.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#97  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@Couth_ said:

@handssss said:

I'm a 27 in Destiny with far more time than 20 hours spent so far and I've gotten a fair deal into the raid.

All this fanboy defense of Bungie and the game I've seen (mostly on Bungie.net) is truly pathetic. People need to accept that the game was horribly overhyped, advertising was misleading, the loot system is god awful, the story (the 1 thing I actually expected to be grear for sure) was practically non-existent, pvp is handled poorly in both balance and rewards, the amount of content is lacking,etc.

I don't give 1 flying **** that Bungie is going to add more to the game later, even if it is free. I paid for a complete experience NOW. If the game is so poor without whatever the hell they are withholding that I should save my judgment for then, I'd have to say in response that Bungie sold me an incomplete game at full price and I should be compensated. Hell, we better get at least 1 expansion that adds a shitton of content FOR FREE otherwise I see no reason to sink more money into this barebones disappointment.

And don't listen to all the asshats trying to justify the game's flaws by claiming that "it's an MMO and that explains why X is the way that it is". This game is about as much of an MMO as Mario Kart is a sim racer.

Dat Ether

that shit that make your soul burn slow

Loading Video...

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog: What do PC gamers have to do with anything? geez... Can't have a single discussion because you and others just won't stop crying about PC gamers, get over it already!

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#99 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

If you're enjoying the game then why give a toss what the reviewers say?

It's an MMO built along the lines of just about every MMO out there, as in "here's the game, more content is coming soon". Unfortunately Bungie have aimed this at the wrong market, or at least the wrong way around. They shouldn't have fired it straight at the console gamers as there are no real console MMO's and they are not used to the continuous development of these games. They should have put it on PC first (how many of you just spat out your teeth :p) and then once they had the game built and a lot more content, released it on consoles.

Instead they've gone for the quick buck that comes from over hyped AAA console games. However, this does not go hand in hand with the game's long term strategy. Now most of the early adopters will say it's crap and ditch it in the first month, forever damaging any future sales from the franchise.

Oh well! Now we'll get a more complete experience on PC for less money and free DLC. We know it'll come to PC because they want people to be playing for years to come and that is not something that traditionally happens on console.

TL:DR Bungie f*cked up, Destiny should have been a PC game first. See reasons above

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Oh sure... I love bore chore encounters where enemies are just bullet sponges.

Nevermind the raid that you can't match make for... yeesh/