XSX supports ALL Xbox controllers >>> PS5 only DS4 for PS4 games.

• 163 results
I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By I_own_u_4ever
Member since 2020 • 647 Posts

Yup this is clearly another case of Sony squeezing their fans for every penny they can. There is literally no justification for this really at all except Sony just taking all their loyal fan bases hard earned money.

Sony does this with PS Now and makes you buy games again for most games. And now this. You can't possibly justify saying that a PS4 controller would not work on PS5 games. You just wouldn't have the trigger feedback whoopee doo or less vibration but this is a joke. This can easily be turned off in an option tab for games or something simple.

I know their is already a thread on PS5 and DS4, but it's specific to just the PS5. This thread is a debate for both XSX and PS5 based on new updated information as of today.

https://gamingbolt.com/xbox-series-x-will-support-all-xbox-one-controllers-in-all-games-reminds-microsoft

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

I got a feeling X-series controllers won't have anything new or fresh like haptic feedback the ps5/switch has.

If you can still use your xb1 controller on next gen, then they didn't do anything big on there new controller to make it next gen. Think about that guys do you wanna go into the future with playstation 5 or back in time with xbox one controller? I know where Im going good luck xbox.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

When you buy the ps5 a controller will be included.

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By I_own_u_4ever

@Sushiglutton said:

One controller but lets be honest here most have multiple controllers. I have multiple X1X controllers in good condition I can still use on my XSX

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 I_own_u_4ever
@ProtossRushX said:

I got a feeling X-series controllers won't have anything new or fresh like haptic feedback the ps5/switch has.

If you can still use your xb1 controller on next gen, then they didn't do anything big on there new controller to make it next gen. Think about that guys do you wanna go into the future with playstation 5 or back in time with xbox one controller? I know where Im going good luck xbox.

The Xbox One controller already has some advanced vibration feedback in it's triggers so not really a big deal. And the XSX controller will have a share button but i'm sure you can still pull up the share screen with the circle xbox button like you can now with the Xbox One controller.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

Pshh, all those controllers are trash. Joy con boi 4life.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

One console to rule them all. :D

Thank you MS, for the gamerz... Jazz. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74

@i_own_u_4ever: But why do you need 2 controllers people play online with friends now nobody does local co-op.

You get a ps5 controller in the box and that's all you need friends are just playing online together now a days you don't need 2 anymore. This is a pointless its not.a win for the brand. Its just meh nobody does it. This isn't 90's were not playing golden eye on a couch together.

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By I_own_u_4ever

@fedor said:

The standard Xbox One controllers are nice so it's great to be able to use them with the XSX. Especially if you have friends over and want to play some Halo Split screen or some Killer Instinct. No need to run to the store and drop another $70 bucks for another controller.

Xbox gamers can keep that money for pizza and beer. WIN!!!!!!

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Eh... it's basically because the PS5 controller has features that the PS4 controller doesn't while the Xbox controller remains the same. Nothing wrong with either take so long as the end users are able to comfortably control their games.

Still a bit of a bummer that you can't use a PS4 controller with PS5 games but it's understandable as to the why.

Also... this is a response thread. Are those allowed?

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 I_own_u_4ever

@ProtossRushX said:

@i_own_u_4ever: But why do you need 2 controllers people play online with friends now nobody does local co-op.

You get a ps5 controller in the box and that's all you need friends are just playing online together now a days you don't need 2 anymore. This is a pointless its not.a win for the brand. Its just meh nobody does it. This isn't 90's were not playing golden eye on a couch together.

Right because families don't live in the same house anymore and brothers and sisters are separate and put at different locations and friends are a thing of the past and noway in hell a friend would ever come over ever to hang out, never just won't never happen right? LOL

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By I_own_u_4ever

I'm fine with having PS5 specific games that can only use the PS5 controller but we all know it's not going to be for every game. Sony did this same shit with the PS3 6axix crap basically lol.

Although maybe I concede on this the DS4 was such a shit controller anyway with pathetic battery life maybe this is for the best but Sony is clearly raking in extra $$$ on this making you buy extra controllers.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

Yep that is probably the reason is basically the same shit with some minor adjustment.

The most hypocrite part about this is seeing lemming cry about having to buy a second PS5 controller as something bad,the same people who pay for MS over prices shitty elite controllers which still in damn 2020 doens't even have rechargeable batteries and have problems.

With what they pay for those over priced controllers you can buy probably 2 or 3 PS5 controllers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@tormentos said:
@ProtossRushX said:

Yep that is probably the reason is basically the same shit with some minor adjustment.

The most hypocrite part about this is seeing lemming cry about having to buy a second PS5 controller as something bad,the same people who pay for MS over prices shitty elite controllers which still in damn 2020 doens't even have rechargeable batteries and have problems.

With what they pay for those over priced controllers you can buy probably 2 or 3 PS5 controllers.

Yep you got it dude x-series controller = xbone controller with a share button calling it right now no next gen features.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#15 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69476 Posts

I remember how much of a game changer the Dual Shock 4 touchpad was for PS4 games....🤣

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tormentos
@i_own_u_4ever said:
@fedor said:

The standard Xbox One controllers are nice so it's great to be able to use them with the XSX. Especially if you have friends over and want to play some Halo Split screen or some Killer Instinct. No need to run to the store and drop another $70 bucks for another controller.

You are getting more and more desperate i_cry_daily.

Why would you need that doesn't the PS offer just single player experiences?

Isn't that what you buffoons claim all the time,now all of the sudden you will need a second controller for LOCAL multiplayer on PS5 were lemmings claim most games are single player walking simulators,and most of the 3rd party stuff is online multiplayer which you can play with 1 controller.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11088 Posts

@i_own_u_4ever said:

One controller but lets be honest here most have multiple controllers. I have multiple X1X controllers in good condition I can still use on my XSX

Well yeah you got a bunch of controllers because Microsoft made way more of them than games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@Pedro said:

I remember how much of a game changer the Dual Shock 4 touchpad was for PS4 games....🤣

You could use it as a mouse on PC it was really actually great for me and I could change color of light to whatever I want to match my LED's on PC, and you could touch the bar as a button which was great for games like destiny where you could go into orbit

I loved the Touch Bar an lights I wish they were back tbh

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 I_own_u_4ever

@ProtossRushX said:
@tormentos said:
@ProtossRushX said:

Yep you got it dude x-series controller = xbone controller with a share button calling it right now no next gen features.

The Xbox One controller was already more advanced then the DS4 controller with better feedback and trigger feedback so basically Sony is just catching up to that with the PS5 controller.

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 I_own_u_4ever
@tormentos said:
@ProtossRushX said:

The Elite controller is the best controller on the planet and has won awards and every gaming site has voted it as so also. Also you can have rechargeable batteries that have much longer life then the shitty DS4 controller plus you can use AA batteries also if you want.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#21 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

One has PS5 tech in, quite obvious this stance to be honest.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tormentos

@Pedro said:

Well is not as Game changer as the xbox one rumble triggers but then again what is.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 I_own_u_4ever

@tormentos said:
@i_own_u_4ever said:
@fedor said:

You are getting more and more desperate i_cry_daily.

Why would you need that doesn't the PS offer just single player experiences?

Isn't that what you buffoons claim all the time,now all of the sudden you will need a second controller for LOCAL multiplayer on PS5 were lemmings claim most games are single player walking simulators,and most of the 3rd party stuff is online multiplayer which you can play with 1 controller.

Do you remember when Sony convinced you cows that force feedback was last gen old tech and not needed with the PS3.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tormentos

@i_own_u_4ever said:

The Xbox One controller was already more advanced then the DS4 controller with better feedback and trigger feedback so basically Sony is just catching up to that with the PS5 controller.

More advance lol that shit still use AA batteries lest party like its 1989.😂

@i_own_u_4ever said:

The Elite controller is the best controller on the planet and has won awards and every gaming site has voted it as so also. Also you can have rechargeable batteries that have much longer life then the shitty DS4 controller plus you can use AA batteries also if you want.

The xbox elite controller are a bunch over priced shitty controllers that MS sell to blind fanboys for stupid prices,but is not like MS doesn't have a history of selling over priced controllers you just don't know it because you never gamed on PC specially in the late 90s early 2000 were MS sidewider controllers were some of the most expensive on PC in fact they predate the xbox.

I actually owned a sidewider freestile which i bought as bargain prices from a computer store that was closing here alone side motor cross madness,if was the first controller with motion that i have any knowledge of.

MS most have realise xbox suckers would fall for their PR and go for them,even when those over priced controllers end up having more problems than actually the one that come with the system.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By tormentos

@i_own_u_4ever said:

Do you remember when Sony convinced you cows that force feedback was last gen old tech and not needed with the PS3.

You mean like MS convice you that is better to pay $20 for play and charge kit than getting a damn rechargeable battery inside your controller?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#26 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69476 Posts

@tormentos: Thanks for validating my point.😎

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By tormentos

@Pedro said:

@tormentos: Thanks for validating my point.😎

Your welcome.

Thanks for validating mine.(⌐■_■)

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 I_own_u_4ever

@tormentos said:
@i_own_u_4ever said:

More advance lol that shit still use AA batteries lest party like its 1989.😂

@i_own_u_4ever said:

The xbox elite controller are a bunch over priced shitty controllers that MS sell to blind fanboys for stupid prices,but is not like MS doesn't have a history of selling over priced controllers you just don't know it because you never gamed on PC specially in the late 90s early 2000 were MS sidewider controllers were some of the most expensive on PC in fact they predate the xbox.

I actually owned a sidewider freestile which i bought as bargain prices from a computer store that was closing here alone side motor cross madness,if was the first controller with motion that i have any knowledge of.

MS most have realise xbox suckers would fall for their PR and go for them,even when those over priced controllers end up having more problems than actually the one that come with the system.

So all the awards the Elite controller has won and just about every gaming site have all voted the Elite controller the best controller ever are all wrong and we should listen to Tormentos as the leading source of information on the Elite controller?

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 I_own_u_4ever
@tormentos said:
@i_own_u_4ever said:

You mean like MS convice you that is better to pay $20 for play and charge kit than getting a damn rechargeable battery inside your controller?

Options are good.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

The idea is that using a PS5 without the DualSense is not a PS5 experience.

It's really hard to say if that's not valid without knowing all of the facts about the games and even, the UX.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44168 Posts

Just another pro-consumer move to add to the growing list of pro-consumer moves being done by Microsoft. I approve. 👍

+1 for the good guys. 😁

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 I_own_u_4ever

@Nonstop-Madness said:

The idea is that using a PS5 without the DualSense is not a PS5 experience.

It's really hard to say if that's not valid without knowing all of the facts about the games and even, the UX.

It doesn't really justify if though. I mean with the PS3 Sony removed the force feedback features. Now they are adding more, but acting like this can't be an option in game. Especially being that a lot of 3rd party devs might not even use it considering they will release games on PC and Xbox also.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

Eh, I'm ok with the move by both. Microsoft was content not to make changes to their controller, which makes sense. Sony wanted to enhance the controller, and wants the new games to support that, which makes sense.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Hey atleast ill be able to use my DS4 to play gamepass on my phone, tablet, and PC! To bad it wont work on the ps5 tho.

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 I_own_u_4ever

@jeezers said:

Hey atleast ill be able to use my DS4 to play gamepass on my phone, tablet, and PC! To bad it wont work on the ps5 tho.

LOL great point

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11088 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Just another pro-consumer move to add to the growing list of pro-consumer moves being done by Microsoft. I approve. 👍

+1 for the good guys. 😁

All that shit that's not gonna matter once they get smoked again. If anything, it just shows how unremarkable the controller is if it doesn't even get a good next gen upgrade.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Archangel3371  Online

@BenjaminBanklin: What do I care if they come in first or not? As long as they keep providing me with stuff that benefits me as a consumer then I’ll be perfectly content with that.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

@i_own_u_4ever said:
@Sushiglutton said:

It’s only useful if you have friends over for couch co op or whatever, which happens pretty much never for me. But if it did, I wouldn’t want them (or me) to play with some old controller.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

Lems looking for any ammunition against cows they can dig up. This is what desperation looks like, folks.

Answer me this, could you use a ps1 controller on a ps2? A ps2 controller on a ps3? A ps3 controller on a ps4?

Have fun with those questions.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Archangel3371  Online

@subspecies: That’s so dumb. Why would you want to take limitations of previous gens and apply them to new and upcoming gens? Gee since we didn’t have options before then why should we have options in the future.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#41  Edited By iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

The Dual Sense is adding features, the XSX controller is a slightly modified X1 controller. I would hope they would both work, they are basically the same controller. People looking for any edge for their console of choice is just weird to me. Be happy with yours and let others be happy with theirs.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

Lol....X1 controller has had haptic feedback since 2013. Anything big? Like blowing into a mic? A useless trackpad and light?
I want the damned thing to be comfortable. I want the thing to not need charging every day. I would like the thing to work on all consoles that I have.....That's why the xsx controller is a better controller.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@Archangel3371 said:

@subspecies: That’s so dumb. Why would you want to take limitations of previous gens and apply them to new and upcoming gens? Gee since we didn’t have options before then why should we have options in the future.

Seriously? Dude, why even make new controllers for your new console if the old controllers work on the new console? Haptic feedback alone makes PS5 controllers essential for the PS5. It's a no-brainer.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sealionact
@subspecies said:

Lems looking for any ammunition against cows they can dig up. This is what desperation looks like, folks.

Answer me this, could you use a ps1 controller on a ps2? A ps2 controller on a ps3? A ps3 controller on a ps4?

No, No, No and No to a ps4 controller on a ps5. Amirite?

X1 controller on an XSX? Yup. Xsx controller on a X1? Yup.

Yups are good. No's suck.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#45 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

PS5 supports exclusive games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@sealionact said:
@subspecies said:

No, No, No and No to a ps4 controller on a ps5. Amirite?

X1 controller on an XSX? Yup. Xsx controller on a X1? Yup.

Yups are good. No's suck.

Cool. So, when did lems ever have a problem with old PS controllers not working on a new PS console? I mean, until like last week.

(lol)

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Archangel3371  Online

@subspecies: Options. Providing options to consumers is always a positive. You can still evolve the controller and provide compatibility with a previous generation controller.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sealionact

@subspecies: Good point. (Hint: It may have something to do with Lem’s getting to keep their controllers instead of being forced into buying one if they want to play a game of FIFA for example).

This is sw isn’t it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@sealionact said:

@subspecies: Good point. (Hint: It may have something to do with Lem’s getting to keep their controllers instead of being forced into buying one if they want to play a game of FIFA for example).

This is sw isn’t it?

Exactly. Desperate lems, lol. Looking for anything they can use against cows.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
@Archangel3371 said:

@subspecies: Options. Providing options to consumers is always a positive. You can still evolve the controller and provide compatibility with a previous generation controller.

Well, I mean, that's what Sony did. New controller for new games, but with the added option of playing ps4 games with the old controllers.